PDA

View Full Version : UCONN game plan

Dan Thompson
12/7/2010, 10:52 AM
UConn has come up with a way to keep the score from becoming a lopsided loss.

They are going to forfiet.

OU - 1
UConn - 0

SoonerLB
12/7/2010, 11:26 AM
Nice thought, but in reality, we better not take UConn lightly. They could do just what Boise and WV did, sneak up on our over-confidence and pull off the upset.

ruf/nekdad
12/7/2010, 11:36 AM
I can take whoever I want lightly. If I'm asked to suit up or coach....overconfidence is going to be the least of our problems.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2010, 11:43 AM
Nice thought, but in reality, we better not take UConn lightly. They could do just what Boise and WV did, sneak up on our over-confidence and pull off the upset.

You mean their fan message board will sneak up on our fan message board?

I have no doubt in my mind that neither BSU nor WVU snuck up on us - Stoops is way too competitive to take anything for granted. They just won the games fair and square.

OU Engineer
12/7/2010, 11:48 AM
Lets get this straight:

UCONN does not have the athletes of WVU nor the "want to win" that Boise had.

That being said, I still dont think we take them lightly, and therefore win big.

Sooner_Tuf
12/7/2010, 11:49 AM
They are an option team with a 1600 yard back (2nd in the nation). They have a really good O-Line from what I have read online.

I'm not sure what to think. We didn't hear about them all year and now the press they get is pretty good. Option teams are fun to watch play IMO.

I would say our plan is to stop the run and I would guess they are going to try to develop some sort of passing game.

70sooner
12/7/2010, 01:26 PM

BSU had a damn good team and they were ranked ahead of OU. WVU was 1 game shy of playing for the MNC.

UConn is neither ranked nor as good as either of these teams, but with that said, I want OU to put the pedal to the metal and not let up. I also believe this OU team is much better than either of those, and won't fall into any traps.

cleller
12/7/2010, 02:27 PM

BSU had a damn good team and they were ranked ahead of OU. WVU was 1 game shy of playing for the MNC.

UConn is neither ranked nor as good as either of these teams, but with that said, I want OU to put the pedal to the metal and not let up. I also believe this OU team is much better than either of those, and won't fall into any traps.

Exactly. Both those teams were solid and with good players. They'd both been winning all year, and were highly ranked. I'm sure they also had impressive stats, lots of yardage, etc.
U-Conn can't claim any of that. Sure, most folks thought we'd win; we lost to a very high caliber opponent.

Losing to U-Conn would mean losing to a team that has dropped 3 games this year to opponents with losing records. We've never done anything close to that in the Stoops era.

btb916
12/7/2010, 02:41 PM
If we can win in the trenches, we'll win the game.

Someone give me a snapshot of their offensive and defensive lines, stat!

85sooners
12/7/2010, 02:54 PM
:gary:

sooner518
12/7/2010, 03:03 PM
their QB looks pretty bad from the couple games Ive watched. if I remember correctly, he was benched at the beginning of the year and demoted down to 3rd string, but injuries brought him back to the starting lineup.

that said, theyve won 5 games in a row and Im sure they will be plenty hungry to win the game. im not taking it for granted that we win