PDA

View Full Version : Question about the now ex coach for the Bronco's

achiro
12/7/2010, 09:33 AM
I don't pay much attention to pro football so this may be something people talk about regularly but I heard on ESPN this morning that he was fined for filming another teams practice or something like that. They also talked about him being from the patriots. So here's the question. Wasn't there a big deal about the pat's coach filming another teams practice a few years ago?

cleller
12/7/2010, 09:55 AM
try this out:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/spygate/

Breadburner
12/7/2010, 09:57 AM
I think he was fired because he was 5-17 in his last 22 games....

85sooners
12/7/2010, 10:06 AM
:eek:

bluedogok
12/7/2010, 10:11 AM
He was fired because he was craptastic as a head coach....he was an OC masquerading as a Head Coach and Personnel Director.

ouleaf
12/7/2010, 10:13 AM
Yes and Yes. The Pats were involved in a similar scandal only a couple years back when they were recording a Jets practice. NFL hit the team and Belichick big time too with fines and loss of a 1st rd pick.

I was initially surprised by the news the Broncos had fired him this morning, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, it was probably the right call. He is a real arrogant SOB and his personnel decisions have been nothing short of awful.

achiro
12/7/2010, 10:28 AM
Yes and Yes. The Pats were involved in a similar scandal only a couple years back when they were recording a Jets practice. NFL hit the team and Belichick big time too with fines and loss of a 1st rd pick.

I was initially surprised by the news the Broncos had fired him this morning, but after thinking about it for a few minutes, it was probably the right call. He is a real arrogant SOB and his personnel decisions have been nothing short of awful.

So was this guy the OC or something with the pats when they did it?

Breadburner
12/7/2010, 10:35 AM
Reminds me of Lame Kitten....!!

Aries
12/7/2010, 10:44 AM
The last I heard was that the Broncos were fined, but it was determined the HC didn't know, or have anything to do with it. I believe the guy who filmed the practice was also formerly with the Patriots.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong about any or all of that... :)

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/7/2010, 10:51 AM
I think he was fired because he was 5-17 in his last 22 games....

Two more losses gets you a job at Auburn.

OUMallen
12/7/2010, 10:55 AM
The last I heard was that the Broncos were fined, but it was determined the HC didn't know, or have anything to do with it. I believe the guy who filmed the practice was also formerly with the Patriots.

The HC and administration responded completely appropriately EXCEPT they didn't self-report enough/properly/quickly. They fired the staffer, didn't view the film, etc., so they were on the right track at first.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2010, 11:08 AM
Josh McDaniels just wasn't mature enough and therefore lost his team with all the in the public fighting with Marshall, the drafting of tim tebow in the 1st round, and instability....

That whole franchise has problems

Coupled with the remaining obligation of at least $20 million to Mike Shanahan, who was fired, Bowlen will pay more than $28 million to two head coaches over the next three years, an average of more than $9.3 million a year.

bluedogok
12/7/2010, 11:13 AM
So was this guy the OC or something with the pats when they did it?
Yes

McDaniels was fined along with the team and the film guy fired. He was told on the Saturday night before the game in London and said they didn't look at the video. He didn't tell Bowlen about it until Wednesday after they got back to Denver. It wasn't just the video incident, it was a matter of cumulative suckitude that got him fired. Running off the starting QB and top receiver and just a general disregard for anyone's opinion other than his own. No doubt that Cutler and Marshall were pouty malcontents but McDaniels handling of almost every bad situation was poor. All of it got him fired.

SoonerMom2
12/7/2010, 11:14 AM
He wanted Tebow in the first round which should have been enough to get him fired. :)