PDA

View Full Version : Do You Recycle?

Adrian
12/7/2010, 09:05 AM
If not, why not? I'm going out this morning to recycle plastic and metal cans. I am soooooo proud of myself. I think I'll pat myself on the back before I go...

picasso
12/7/2010, 09:09 AM
I used to recycle girlfriends.

They'd usually come back around every two years or so.

OklahomaTuba
12/7/2010, 09:23 AM
It's a waste of time and effort.

olevetonahill
12/7/2010, 09:31 AM
I just throw all my trash away and let the dumpster divers sort it out ;)

Boomer.....
12/7/2010, 09:39 AM
I use the recycling bin the City gave us for paper, glass, and plastic.

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2010, 09:43 AM
Is this one of those new fangled ideas they teaching in skool these days?

olevetonahill
12/7/2010, 09:50 AM
Is this one of those new fangled ideas they teaching in skool these days?

Prolly
Hell sometimes I just toss the **** on the side of the road to give the Inmates sompun to do .;)

royalfan5
12/7/2010, 09:54 AM
I don't recycle too much, but I try to wear **** out before I throw it away.

Adrian
12/7/2010, 09:58 AM

http://www.gorestruly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/9.jpg

Beverly Sutphin approves of this post...

Veritas
12/7/2010, 11:13 AM
Glass only. Me and the wife go through lotsa beer and liquor. Especially after last Saturday. :(

:D

The
12/7/2010, 11:14 AM
I don't know. The woman takes care of the trash.

JohnnyMack
12/7/2010, 11:27 AM
I don't know. The woman takes care of the trash.

And you should make sure to get your mom something nice for Christmas since she does such a great job taking care of you.

The
12/7/2010, 11:37 AM
And you should make sure to get your mom something nice for Christmas since she does such a great job taking care of you.

I'll let your mom know that you appreciate her hard work in serving my needs.

JohnnyMack
12/7/2010, 11:45 AM
Weak.

GrapevineSooner
12/7/2010, 11:50 AM
I do it out of right wing guilt. ;)

The
12/7/2010, 11:50 AM
Weak.

Consider the source material.

Pogue Mahone
12/7/2010, 01:03 PM
They make it pretty easy here in Arlington, Va. Giant bins and a little sorting (aluminum, paper, plastic) every Wednesday. It's so easy even the Horns up the street can figure it out.

Whet
12/7/2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, doesn't everyone?

3rdgensooner
12/7/2010, 01:47 PM
I recycle jokes

2121Sooner
12/7/2010, 02:29 PM
I recycle threads from here over to the Outerwebs.

Oh wait........that is someone else.

Soonerfan88
12/7/2010, 02:35 PM

They make it super easy here. I throw everything into a single bin and they sort it out. :)

rainiersooner
12/7/2010, 03:24 PM
The garbage collectors in Seattle are recycling Nazis. They actually tore through the bags I put in my recycle bin, refused to take it, and left a note explaining that I violated the policies because my pizza box had marina sauce in it. I hate them.

mgsooner
12/7/2010, 03:35 PM
They make it super easy here. I throw everything into a single bin and they sort it out. :)

Same here.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 04:15 PM
I absolutely do not and never will. If someone wants to sort through my trash after I kick it to the curb then more power to them, but it'll be a cold day in hell (no pun intended) before I recycle.

3rdgensooner
12/7/2010, 04:17 PM
I absolutely do not and never will. If someone wants to sort through my trash after I kick it to the curb then more power to them, but it'll be a cold day in hell (no pun intended) before I recycle.
http://www.misfitopia.com/uploads/1250621854/gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

AlboSooner
12/7/2010, 04:24 PM
No. I don't recycle.

I believe in freedom and America, because 9/11 changed everything. Freedom isn't free.

GrapevineSooner
12/7/2010, 04:24 PM

Why do you hate Gaia?

;)

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 04:28 PM
Why do you hate Gaia?

;)

I hate Gaia because she's freezing my *** off right now. That bitch has some cold poon. Kind of like SicEmEx...

I'm tempted to go outside and needlessly run my car in a vain effort to heat it up around here.

I obviously did not move far enough south.

bonkuba
12/7/2010, 04:44 PM
No.......... I even put dirty diapers in the blue bag they give ya at Sooner Village on game days for recycling :D

Al Gore
12/7/2010, 08:05 PM
Yes...

Here in Topeka we have to separate cans, glass, newspaper, magazines, cardboard and plastic and then take to to dumpsters placed around town.

In Florida, we have tubs we place items in and it is picked up curbside.

We also recycle at our company...

....and I am not a f'n Lib!!!!!

Al Gore
12/7/2010, 08:08 PM
.....and it is a way of life for my kids....

jumperstop
12/7/2010, 08:16 PM
If Moore gave me a recycling bin I would. Not going to waste my time driving to a place and dropping it off though.

reflector
12/7/2010, 08:30 PM
I can honestly say that I do not recycle.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2010, 08:42 PM
I'm curious as to the reasoning behind people (SicEm) who are so vehemently anti-recycling.

To me it's just an efficiency thing. We're humans, we should be smart enough to figure out how to re-use stuff rather than just bury **** in the ground and pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 09:05 PM
I'm curious as to the reasoning behind people (SicEm) who are so vehemently anti-recycling.

To me it's just an efficiency thing. We're humans, we should be smart enough to figure out how to re-use stuff rather than just bury **** in the ground and pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

1. I just don't give a ****.
2. I'm not into sorting my trash. My trash all goes into one place. If someone else wants to sort through it later then that's their business.
3. I just don't give a ****.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2010, 09:26 PM
Ah. Laziness. gotcha.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 09:28 PM
Ah. Laziness. gotcha.

Yep.

Al Gore
12/7/2010, 09:37 PM
Actually.....it is very easy. You don't dig through your trash. We have our bins in our garage. If you have paper, you take a few extra steps (cardio) and open up the door to the garage and throw it in the paper bin. If you drink a beer in a bottle, you take a few extra steps and throw it in the glass bin.

After a while, you don't even think about it. You automatically place the recyclables in the correct bin. Now, it seems abnormal to throw something in the trash.

It becomes an efficient cycle that saves resources, energy and keeps the planet clean.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 09:51 PM
Actually.....it is very easy. You don't dig through your trash. We have our bins in our garage. If you have paper, you take a few extra steps (cardio) and open up the door to the garage and throw it in the paper bin. If you drink a beer in a bottle, you take a few extra steps and throw it in the glass bin.

After a while, you don't even think about it. You automatically place the recyclables in the correct bin. Now, it seems abnormal to throw something in the trash.

It becomes an efficient cycle that saves resources, energy and keeps the planet clean.

Yeah, I'd sooner stick my head in a vat of battery acid than do all that **** when I can just chunk everything into one trash bin. OUT.

CrimsonKel
12/7/2010, 10:14 PM
I wonder if some of the people who resist recycling do so because they are "conservative" and they feel that recycling is something environmentalist liberals do and they simply don't want to do things that environmentalist liberals do.

OUthunder
12/7/2010, 10:16 PM
Yep, we recycle. It's even on my childrens list of daily chores . Quite frankly, it's not that hard to do.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2010, 10:18 PM
Yep, we recycle. It's even on my childrens list of daily chores . Quite frankly, it's not that hard to do.

Your kids have chores? You're a pretty awful parent.

OUthunder
12/7/2010, 10:23 PM
Your kids have chores? You're a pretty awful parent.

I can't stand lazy people and I don't want my kids to be lazy. Plus, the oldest one is only 9 years old and I want to teach them responsibility at a younger age, so that they don't end up like their classmates. They also need to learn how to do things on there own because mom and dad won't always be around to do it for them.

tcrb
12/7/2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal once you start. I've been recycling since the early 80's when I lived in Seattle. It wasn't mandatory, but it seemed like a good idea, so I jumped on board. I moved to Minneapolis in 88 and shortly after I got there the recycle fad caught on and I just kept it going. Now I'm in Houston and they recycle here too, except you dont have to separate anything. Just throw it all in the same bins and they sort it out for us.

I wonder if some of the people who resist recycling do so because they are "conservative" and they feel that recycling is something environmentalist liberals do and they simply don't want to do things that environmentalist liberals do.

I think you're right. And just for the record, I'm no lib.

delhalew
12/7/2010, 10:46 PM
I have a load of dead car batteries and tubs of old motor oil that need carried down to the creek...anyone wanna give me a hand?

Al Gore
12/7/2010, 11:02 PM
I am the farthest thing from a Lib and I recycle.....

WA. Sooner
12/8/2010, 06:14 AM
no choice here in Seattle. You get fined if you dont

Bourbon St Sooner
12/8/2010, 09:43 AM
For the past couple of years I've been collecting recyclables and taking them once a month where they have the free recycling pickup. It's kind of a pain in the ***. Luckily we're about to get curbside recycling with our overpriced trash service here.

I just don't like waste, except wasting my time on SF.com.

Ike
12/8/2010, 09:46 AM

Go live in the suburbs of Chicago. Recycling will save you money every week.
I didn't really care to do it until we lived there. Now it's just habit.

Whet
12/8/2010, 10:10 AM
They make it easy here - all recyclables into bins. The only sorting is garbage from recyclable. Take the bin(s) to the curb, the same as your garbage and it is magically gone by the end of the day!

Also, you can compost a lot of the food you don't eat, as well.

ouduckhunter
12/8/2010, 12:31 PM
Out here, it's practically mandatory. However, they make it really easy because I've got a huge, recycling trash can that is the same size as the regular trash can. I roll it curbside every two weeks, and they haul it away. The only things that I have to separate out are bottles, so I have a bucket for those.

Jammin'
12/8/2010, 12:56 PM
What do plants need to live? Dirt.

What does my trash become when buried? Dirt.

So yea, I recycle.

C&CDean
12/8/2010, 12:57 PM
I recycle aluminum cans. Why? Cause I get paid for them. If I didn't, they'd go straight in the trash. Hell, aluminum comes from the earth, therefore, they are biodegradable. It might take a few thousand centuries, but eventually them cans will rot back into their original chemical state.

In our house everything made of paper/cardboard/plastic/fiberglass - basically anything non-metal or glass goes into a "burn pile." Every so often, I take this pile of flammable trash and put it under brushpiles that need burning. This way I'm saving the environment from not dumping gas or diesel all over the place to start the fire. Now I have been known to throw buckets of used motor oil on the burn piles. You wanna talk about some serious flame. That old oil burns like a mofo.

picasso
12/8/2010, 01:00 PM
We use cloth diapers. Does that count?

The
12/8/2010, 01:01 PM
We use cloth diapers. Does that count?

:eek:
EGADS, man, WHY?

Jammin'
12/8/2010, 01:29 PM
EGADS, man, WHY?

They don't have kids The, you sure you want this answer?

RacerX
12/8/2010, 01:33 PM
I have a load of dead car batteries and tubs of old motor oil that need carried down to the creek...anyone wanna give me a hand?

Right after I get done burning this pile of tires.

picasso
12/8/2010, 01:36 PM
EGADS, man, WHY?

Less expensive and easier on the environment. And me and my old lady are righties.

Go figure.

The
12/8/2010, 01:41 PM
Less expensive and easier on the environment. And me and my old lady are righties.

Go figure.

Yeah, but POOP, man. POOP!

We use Pampers. And we throw those nasty mustard colored turd filled things AWAY...

3rdgensooner
12/8/2010, 01:44 PM
We use Pampers. And we throw those nasty mustard colored turd filled things AWAY...
By we, you mean the woman.

NormanPride
12/8/2010, 01:44 PM
You must do lots of laundry, pic.

The
12/8/2010, 01:45 PM
By we, you mean the woman.

Of course.