PDA

View Full Version : Most Nervous Game

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2010, 04:13 AM
Just curious. Which game caused you the most anxiety before the game started?

For me, it was probably the Ohio State game in 1977, as one of my dad's friends was a Buckeye lover.

SteelClip49
12/7/2010, 04:29 AM
well...I was born in 1983 and really didn't remember much until the Blake years started.

For me it was the 2001 Red River Shootout. The end result proved so with it being basically a 7-3 final until Superman came through and Lehman went into the End Zone to solidify an 11 point win.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2010, 04:43 AM
well...I was born in 1983 and really didn't remember much until the Blake years started.

For me it was the 2001 Red River Shootout. The end result proved so with it being basically a 7-3 final until Superman came through and Lehman went into the End Zone to solidify an 11 point win.

That too. We had just won the national title and Texas was wanting to perform angry sex on us because of the prior year's blowout. A UT win that day and they could take back control of the conference.

We said "nope."

King Barry's Back
12/7/2010, 05:05 AM
Texas, every year. I hate, hate, hate to lose to them. I can't stand them and can't stand to be beaten by them -- but they are the one team year-in and year-out that is good enough to beat us. They are our only regular opponent that leads the series.

And yes, I am already nervous about next year's game. Did you hear that they got rid of Greg Davis?

SteelClip49
12/7/2010, 05:16 AM
That too. We had just won the national title and Texas was wanting to perform angry sex on us because of the prior year's blowout. A UT win that day and they could take back control of the conference.

We said "nope."

We later then blew it at home against the Sheep which meant Texas was given a second chance to take bac control of the conference. They did take the South Division crown so all they had to do was beat Colorado again and not only would they be Big XII Champions but they would be playing Miami for the national title. Colorado, like Oklahoma, said...."HAHAHA FAIL!"

BudSooner
12/7/2010, 07:39 AM
ATM 2000 easily, they wanted revenge for 1999 and to upset our title hopes.

thurman murman
12/7/2010, 07:51 AM
I would say the national championship game against FSU.

It's the last time (other than '05 texas) I expected OU to lose.

pweitkem
12/7/2010, 08:14 AM
I'm beside myself worrying about the Huskie matchup first of next year. Haven't slept since the bowls were finalized.

Soonermagik
12/7/2010, 08:45 AM
National title game against USC. I was worried about the trio of Bush, Leinart & White. Plus, they had a talented defense. I guess my fears were founded. :(

swardboy
12/7/2010, 09:17 AM
The next one.....always.

85sooners
12/7/2010, 09:46 AM
85 orange bowl

OKLA21FAN
12/7/2010, 09:52 AM
I think I get the most nervous before games when we are playing a 'good' but not great team. A team that can beat you if the ball bounces the wrong way and if the Sooners don't execute. Playing those mid level big 12 south teams come to mind alot.

yermom
12/7/2010, 10:37 AM
nervous? probably FSU in 2000

this year i was pretty ready for Mizzou to beat us. that was kinda setup perfectly, really. that place was on fire before the game

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/7/2010, 10:48 AM
nervous? probably FSU in 2000

this year i was pretty ready for Mizzou to beat us. that was kinda setup perfectly, really. that place was on fire before the gameTheir fans are among the staunchest of the Sooner-haters. Mention OU to a Mizzou fan, and watch 'em turn crimson.

Almost every game makes me nervous. Especially games not played in Norman.

Dan Thompson
12/7/2010, 10:50 AM
2010 Mizz

OUEngr1990
12/7/2010, 11:14 AM
That bowl game in early 2005 that didn't really happen. I was pretty nervous before that game.

Seamus
12/7/2010, 11:31 AM
I would say the national championship game against FSU.

It's the last time (other than '05 texas) I expected OU to lose.

^^^ This. Pretty much word for word. We were a pretty big underdog to Bobbeh that year.

FirstandGoal
12/7/2010, 11:57 AM
Top of my list is 2000 OB, not because I didn't have as much faith in our team, but because of the fact that we were standing up on the brink of something awesome and teetering back and forth. On one side were the nightmarish Blake years that we (as fans at least) were still cringing about. The thoughts were "God, we don't ever need to be in that place again!" On the other side, was a bright shining golden ring that was ours to grab -- or to lose.

There have been games since then in the last 10 years that have made me plenty nervous and sometimes I was right, sometimes wrong. Nothing however can compare to seeing your beloved program take a gigantic step back from the abyss and step back into their rightful place.

soonerchk
12/7/2010, 12:26 PM
*, always *.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2010, 12:30 PM
OU-Penn State

cvsooner
12/7/2010, 12:32 PM
National title game against USC. I was worried about the trio of Bush, Leinart & White. Plus, they had a talented defense. I guess my fears were founded. :(

Yep. I thought we only had a chance, and only a slim one. Turns out we didn't have even that.

Most thorough butt-kicking I've ever seen a Sooner team take.

Or maybe the 1978 Orange Bowl....but that one was really unexpected.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/7/2010, 12:35 PM
Just curious. Which game caused you the most anxiety before the game started?

For me, it was probably the Ohio State game in 1977, as one of my dad's friends was a Buckeye lover.

1988 ('87 season) Orange Bowl vs. Miami. I was worried about their team, with the added bonus of being worried about my safety in that h** hole and all their horrible gang-banging thug fans. It was bad.

nativesooner
12/7/2010, 12:53 PM
I was kind of nervous about our trip to Stoolwater this year? The only one I remember being more stressed was 2000 Nebraska.

OUmillenium
12/7/2010, 12:59 PM
10 years ago...Texass

Now...any road game

OUEngr1990
12/7/2010, 01:07 PM
1988 ('87 season) Orange Bowl vs. Miami. I was worried about their team, with the added bonus of being worried about my safety in that h** hole and all their horrible gang-banging thug fans. It was bad.

werd, I thoroughly hated miami in the late 80's. Not because they beat us, but because their arrogance was over the top. And they were proud of their classlessness. Thats what made it even more unbearable.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2010, 02:37 PM

I felt the same way, but more resigned than worried. I couldn't conjure a scenario where we win that one - they had all the match-ups.

Most nervous about the 3 other BCS title games that all looked like toss-ups to me.

agoo758
12/7/2010, 02:50 PM
2008 MNC against florida. I was sick of hearing ESPN drool over Tebow and the SEC, and realized that if we lost this game, we would never hear the end of it.......:(

...sooner
12/7/2010, 03:44 PM
OU * every year
OU osu every year