PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Bobby Lowder, and the Fallout at Auburn

colinreturn
12/7/2010, 12:23 AM
"The Fall of Bobby Lowder, and the Fallout at Auburn"

very very good article regarding all the cam newton/auburn stuff.

It's the best i've read so far, outlines the entire story.

http://theclevelandfan.com/ohio-state-buckeyes/3-buckeye-archive/7274-the-fall-of-bobby-lowder-and-the-fallout-at-auburn

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 12:33 AM
Here you go.... That's all right here on the first page.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147653

colinreturn
12/7/2010, 12:39 AM
Here you go.... That's all right here on the first page.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147653

uhh....not really. the article i posted is much much much more in depth and instead of talking to "buddies" it cites specific interviews and quotes regarding the topic. It also outlines the doings of Bobby Lowder and how that specifically affects the program. Also, it is a much newer post that adds in the NCAA's decision to make Cam Newton eligible.

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 01:05 AM
It also outlines the doings of Bobby Lowder and how that specifically affects the program.

Ummmm, so does that thread.

Also, it is a much newer post that adds in the NCAA's decision to make Cam Newton eligible.

You got me there! LOL

colinreturn
12/7/2010, 01:08 AM
Ummmm, so does that thread.

You got me there! LOL

so everyone should rummage through 2 week old threads with lots of here say and rumor instead of reading a well put together, cited article. weird.

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 01:13 AM
so everyone should rummage through 2 week old threads with lots of here say and rumor instead of reading a well put together, cited article. weird.

No we expect people to post everything in one thread so there's not multiple threads. Search function is your friend.

But since apparently you can't read, (it's ok we understand you live in TX and they may have affected you) here I'll make it easy for you and link you to the articles that are right there on the first page

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2009/08/bobby_lowder_milton_mcgregor_p.html

http://www.thetuskegeenews.com/articles/2010/10/21/opinion/doc4cbf59b3eea05796017322.txt

Which was then put together in this outline

1. Robert Geddie, an Auburn Grad and booster, has been indicted by the Department of Justice. He's the head of the largest lobbying firm in Bama.

2. The Auburn Athletics/Tigers Unlimited Foundation has been paying over $1 mil to this group.

3. The Auburn Athletics/Tigers Unlimited Foundation is kind of like our Sooner Club.

4. Bama also pays this group, as their other CEO is a Bama grad and booster.

5. Both Universities simply say the contracts are between private corporations and don’t have to follow public records laws. Several such foundations with similar contracts with lobbyists have been successfully sued and forced to open their books.

6. Geddie was indicted largely on the basis of intercepts of cell phone and land line conversations

7. Bobby Lowder, head of the Auburn Finance Committee , had his bank seized.

8. Lowder had his Auburn buddies sitting on the board of said bank, including former Auburn Coach Pat Dye. Basically the exact same thing your article says.

prrriiide
12/7/2010, 01:55 AM

No. You should rummage through all of the posts containing there say.

colinreturn
12/7/2010, 02:02 AM
No we expect people to post everything in one thread so there's not multiple threads. Search function is your friend.

But since apparently you can't read, (it's ok we understand you live in TX and they may have affected you) here I'll make it easy for you and link you to the articles that are right there on the first page

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2009/08/bobby_lowder_milton_mcgregor_p.html

http://www.thetuskegeenews.com/articles/2010/10/21/opinion/doc4cbf59b3eea05796017322.txt

Which was then put together in this outline

Basically the exact same thing your article says.

I actually attend OU but thanks for the overdone "he's from TX!" joke

UHS-SoonerFan
12/7/2010, 03:00 AM
Thank you for the post :) I read a lot of that in the other thread, but this article summed it up in a much better way. It deserves its own thread. Maaaaan, Auburn is so F'd its not even funny. Goodbye incredible season. Goodbye Camwhore(referring to his recent vids) Newton! Or at least his heisman.. which he'll unfortunately win before the sanctions take it away. =/

King Barry's Back
12/7/2010, 04:02 AM
Thank you for the post :) I read a lot of that in the other thread, but this article summed it up in a much better way. It deserves its own thread. Maaaaan, Auburn is so F'd its not even funny. Goodbye incredible season. Goodbye Camwhore(referring to his recent vids) Newton! Or at least his heisman.. which he'll unfortunately win before the sanctions take it away. =/

1. colinreturn, thanks for posting your better sourced and more fleshed out article.
2. "Camwhore" recent vids? I live in Germany. How bout a heads up on what you are referring to?
3. The Heisman voters should think long and hard before they cast their vote for Mr Newton. Having one Heisman Trophy taken back is a black eye, but to immediately thereafter make an award to a known corrupt player, and then have to take that one back, is far worse.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2010, 04:08 AM
3. The Heisman voters should think long and hard before they cast their vote for Mr Newton. Having one Heisman Trophy taken back is a black eye, but to immediately thereafter make an award to a known corrupt player and thief, and then have to take that one back, is far worse.

FIFY

AlbqSooner
12/7/2010, 07:25 AM
From the Heisman mission statement, with emphasis added:

"the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity,"

SoonerLB
12/7/2010, 09:07 AM
The Heisman committee seems to think 'integrity' means giving the trophy to an SEC player . . . . . , just sayin'. ;)

swardboy
12/7/2010, 09:14 AM
THREAD FIGHT!!!!

85sooners
12/7/2010, 09:54 AM
:texan:

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 05:18 PM
THREAD FIGHT!!!!

HAHA... I like this little piece of comments in my spek....

"you are everything that is wrong with this website. entitled jackasses going out of their way to make sure the rules are followed perfectly instead of actually contributing to discussion. **** off"

Awwww, is someone a little butthurt? :D

If you don't like it, let me introduce to another site you might enjoy a little better.... www.orangepower.com

They like whiners over there. Or perhaps OUI

brian
12/7/2010, 07:54 PM
man you have issues.

Widescreen
12/7/2010, 08:32 PM
Tigeman, no one made you the official teller of auburn bad news.

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 08:35 PM
Widescreen, no one said I was! What my point was keeping all the threads in one location so that searches are easier. Especially when it's duplicate news.

But at this point now I'm just having fun w/ Colin b/c he got all butthurt and went off w/ multiple red speks and rants :D:P

colinreturn
12/8/2010, 02:09 AM
Widescreen, no one said I was! What my point was keeping all the threads in one location so that searches are easier. Especially when it's duplicate news.

But at this point now I'm just having fun w/ Colin b/c he got all butthurt and went off w/ multiple red speks and rants :D:P

HAHA... I like this little piece of comments in my spek....

"you are everything that is wrong with this website. entitled jackasses going out of their way to make sure the rules are followed perfectly instead of actually contributing to discussion. **** off"

Awwww, is someone a little butthurt? :D

If you don't like it, let me introduce to another site you might enjoy a little better.... www.orangepower.com

They like whiners over there. Or perhaps OUI

oh dear, you really are reinforcing what my spek comment stated.

soonerhubs
12/8/2010, 06:05 AM

Hmmm... Mentioning neg spek = bad form. :)

Tis the innerwebz, not a dissertation, so let's all lighten up.

brainpimp
12/8/2010, 08:27 AM
I remember being 6.

Lighten up ,Francis.

Mississippi Sooner
12/8/2010, 10:03 AM
The ladies all dig my spekker.

lmg0088
12/8/2010, 10:15 AM
"The Fall of Bobby Lowder, and the Fallout at Auburn"

very very good article regarding all the cam newton/auburn stuff.

It's the best i've read so far, outlines the entire story.

http://theclevelandfan.com/ohio-state-buckeyes/3-buckeye-archive/7274-the-fall-of-bobby-lowder-and-the-fallout-at-auburn

Thanks for the article and the new thread for the article. I for one don't get this keeping everything related to one subject in one thread. Most threads when they get to page 4 or 5 are not even about the OP anyways. So I usually don't like wading through a bunch of useless post to see if there is any good or new information about the subject of the thread.

The one exception is the "Delete Me" thread. That thread is just fun to keep up with.:pop: