PDA

View Full Version : We need to get Harsin before Texass does..

Soonermagik
12/6/2010, 10:24 PM
They are trying to get him for OC. I've said all along that he would be a huge help to our team. He's creative and does well with lesser talent. If * gets him we better step up with a better OC. I'm really ticked we haven't gone after this guy!!!

http://thesportsjury.com/20101206647/sip/report-texas-targeting-boise-states-harsin

Ground_Attack
12/6/2010, 10:28 PM
so UT will be running the statue of liberty and hook and lateral on a more regular basis?

Partial Qualifier
12/6/2010, 10:31 PM
screw that, let Texas have him. Boise coaches don't seem to translate anywhere except Boise.

Ground_Attack
12/6/2010, 10:31 PM
I think Dana Holgorsen would be a good fit and the bonus of demoralizing orange aggy would be awesome.

JLEW1818
12/6/2010, 10:33 PM
Bob Barry

mehip
12/6/2010, 10:39 PM
I'd like to see us promote from within. One thing this program has had is continuity; but I also don't want to drop a season with this group of freshmen to see if a newly promoted OC pans out.

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 10:59 PM
Boise's offense is Peterson's baby! Harsin is more or less a figurehead.

Boomer38Sooner
12/6/2010, 11:02 PM
I say promote Josh Heupel

Partial Qualifier
12/6/2010, 11:06 PM
We need a strong personality who can come in, take over the reigns of a top-flight program immediately, mix it up with Bob and Brent and hold his own against the Schmittys and the Martinezes of the staff. I think we all know there's only one man for the job, and that man is Dwight Schrute.

AlboSooner
12/6/2010, 11:15 PM
IN stoops we trust

sooneron
12/6/2010, 11:17 PM
Ditka

SoonerinSouthlake
12/6/2010, 11:23 PM
Bill Walsh

boomermagic
12/6/2010, 11:47 PM
I think Dana Holgorsen would be a good fit and the bonus of demoralizing orange aggy would be awesome.

This

boomermagic
12/6/2010, 11:48 PM
I say promote Josh Heupel

Can't hurt to bring in some new blood with new ideas IMO but I like Josh as well..

SoonerKnight
12/6/2010, 11:55 PM
Jay Norvell is the assisstant Off. coach he will probably get promoted then Josh get promoted to assistant. You gotta be an assistant before you can be the coordinator!!!

Collier11
12/7/2010, 12:19 AM
You dont have to be anything...its whoever Stoops thinks will do the best job

Breadburner
12/7/2010, 12:42 AM
No thanks on Holgerson......Let Texas have him.....He didnt beat the big boys this year......2-7 against OU as a coach....

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/7/2010, 01:34 AM
terry bradshaw.....he does have a ranch in OK

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/7/2010, 01:35 AM
gary gibbs might have some free time......

ok that was a bad joke. srry

agoo758
12/7/2010, 01:40 AM
No thanks on Holgerson......Let Texas have him.....He didnt beat the big boys this year......2-7 against OU as a coach....

Put up points in both losses this year. If he came to oklahoma he would have the added luxury of a rock solid defense.

Plus the Record against Oklahoma doesn't bother me considering that he wouldn't be playing oklahoma all that often. ;)

Soonermagik
12/7/2010, 08:40 AM
Rumors are swirling that we might get Josh McDaniels. He studies teams all the way up to game time if ya know what I means. :)

meoveryouxinfinity
12/7/2010, 08:43 AM
Jay Norvell is the assisstant Off. coach he will probably get promoted then Josh get promoted to assistant. You gotta be an assistant before you can be the coordinator!!!

exactly. No need to jump the gun with Heupel. That will come in time. He's WAY young.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/7/2010, 08:47 AM
Put up points in both losses this year.

He only put up 27 on us at home, if you take away the pick six and k.o. return for a td. It would of been a blow out. :texan: OUr d has played really well down the stretch.

:gary:

UberSooner
12/7/2010, 08:48 AM
It will be Norvell with Josh bumped up to assistant O.C. Mark it down.

tcrb
12/7/2010, 08:53 AM
There should be at least a dozen or so SF posters who, based on their own past critique of KW here on this board, feel as though they are qualified candidates for the job.

How many of you KW critics have submitted your resume's?

You know who you are.

I say throw your hat in the ring now or keep your mouths shut when the new guy (whoever that may be) starts calling the plays.

TXBOOMER
12/7/2010, 09:00 AM
If we hire anyone from the inside it would be Norvell IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised if we went outside though. The drawback of going outside is learning a new system with all the experience we have coming back.

Sooners78
12/7/2010, 09:14 AM
exactly. No need to jump the gun with Heupel. That will come in time. He's WAY young.

I don't buy the too young argument. Dude is an offensive genius. But, if he's promoted to assistant OC, I could live with that. Kind of like our version of OCIW.

IslandSooner
12/7/2010, 09:15 AM
Boise's offense is Peterson's baby! Harsin is more or less a figurehead.

^^^ THIS ^^^

olevetonahill
12/7/2010, 09:21 AM
They are trying to get him for OC. I've said all along that he would be a huge help to our team. He's creative and does well with lesser talent. If * gets him we better step up with a better OC. I'm really ticked we haven't gone after this guy!!!

http://thesportsjury.com/20101206647/sip/report-texas-targeting-boise-states-harsin

Think I'll just wait and see what Bob does. I kinda have more faith in his opinion than i do yers .:rolleyes:

Soonermagik
12/7/2010, 09:42 AM
Think I'll just wait and see what Bob does. I kinda have more faith in his opinion than i do yers .:rolleyes:

Meh!!!!!!! Clam down negative nelly.:P I just think it can be a good thing to get some new blood and fresh perspective. I'm betting that Stoops brings back Mangino to run the offense. He doesn't like to hire outside people he doesn't know.

gaylordfan1
12/7/2010, 09:43 AM
When will this be announced? The OC position that is?

bluedogok
12/7/2010, 09:52 AM
gary gibbs might have some free time......

ok that was a bad joke. srry
Gibbs is kinda busy, he is the LB Coach for the KC Chiefs.

RedstickSooner
12/7/2010, 09:54 AM
Eff all you punks.

I say we hire Switzer.

Always_Sooner
12/7/2010, 10:11 AM
I imagine they promote from within. Does anyone know if Coach Patton is going to Indiana with Wilson?

olevetonahill
12/7/2010, 10:31 AM
Meh!!!!!!! Clam down negative nelly.:P I just think it can be a good thing to get some new blood and fresh perspective. I'm betting that Stoops brings back Mangino to run the offense. He doesn't like to hire outside people he doesn't know.

Ill take that Bet . How much ya want to put on it ?

SoonerMom2
12/7/2010, 11:27 AM
Stoops would never bring back Mangino to be the offensive coordinator -- maybe the offensive line coach but too much bad publicity and ask anyone who was at a Norman North football game when his son played about his temper -- no thanks.

It is going to be Novell as the Offensive Coordinator and Josh Heupel as the Assistant Offensive Coordinator if all the people with inside info are correct.

SoonerNutt
12/7/2010, 11:51 AM
I'm sure coach Stoops has a long list of guys he'd like to introduce into our coaching staff. I'll be happy with whatever he decides.

Plus, whatever happened to the whole "We need to hire a special teams coach next time we have an opening" blather?

We make a few FGs and all of sudden it's not a problem any more?

:confused:

soonercastor
12/7/2010, 11:53 AM
Rumors are swirling that we might get Josh McDaniels. He studies teams all the way up to game time if ya know what I means. :)

LOL

SouthFortySooner
12/7/2010, 04:03 PM
There should be at least a dozen or so SF posters who, based on their own past critique of KW here on this board, feel as though they are qualified candidates for the job.

How many of you KW critics have submitted your resume's?

You know who you are.

I say throw your hat in the ring now or keep your mouths shut when the new guy (whoever that may be) starts calling the plays.

The doinks in question only call plays, AFTER one didn't work.

ratherthanlater
12/7/2010, 04:33 PM
I think Coach Stoops should just let us call the plays. We could all send a text vote to what play we want and it could be radio'ed in to Landry.

If this works out let me be the first to say...
"FIRE SOONERFANS!!!!"

budbarrybob
12/7/2010, 04:36 PM
Dude is an offensive genius.

I like JH. But really? Genius? :rolleyes:
Lets wait til he actually calls some plays somewhere, manages an offense before we all go saying he's an Offensive Genius.

SoonerPr8r
12/7/2010, 04:43 PM
I'm sure coach Stoops has a long list of guys he'd like to introduce into our coaching staff. I'll be happy with whatever he decides.

Plus, whatever happened to the whole "We need to hire a special teams coach next time we have an opening" blather?

We make a few FGs and all of sudden it's not a problem any more?

:confused:

^^this^^ If it is a higher from within thing why not go get a Special teams coach? Maybe Josh could coach QB's and TE's. He has coached tight ends here and at Zona before so it could be a possibility.

Soonerntxs
12/7/2010, 04:54 PM
I read that *'s thought MUSTHAVEACRAMP was a Genius?

I relate Genius to a fraction of time when someone says or does something so life changing that it forever changes the way we look at the past. This being said, I don't want a genius, I want a OC that does things that reflect the future and calls plays by the seat of his pants & GUTT; makes decisions that puts more W's than L's on the board, I want a COACH that other programs BEG for and I had a coach that makes me buy a new t-shirt or hat every year... OH wait, we already have & had these coaches! Best of luck Kevin, God Bless & God Speed!