LoveDemSooners
12/6/2010, 09:04 PM
Fudge...

soonercastor
12/6/2010, 09:04 PM
Now we all know why Meusberger said "There is a Hoosier down."

ashley
12/6/2010, 09:08 PM
Very underrated coach. Especially on this board.

KBoomer11
12/6/2010, 09:11 PM
We won before him, we won with him and we will win without him. Next.

85sooners
12/6/2010, 09:13 PM
:gary:

mehip
12/6/2010, 09:14 PM
How likely is he to stick around for the bowl game? Do we even want him to stick around?

Section 9
12/6/2010, 09:16 PM
He has a staff to put together and he has to recruit. If he is taking the job, he is out of here. The question is who will coach his position in the bowl game and who will he take with him.

TrophyCollector
12/6/2010, 09:17 PM
Now we all know why Meusberger said "There is a Hoosier down."

Excellent callback! Power up.

SoonerMarkVA
12/6/2010, 09:18 PM
How likely is he to stick around for the bowl game? Do we even want him to stick around?

Give a field promotion to Heupel to co-OC. He and Norvell can run the O for the bowl game, see how things go.

I wonder if he's taking any coaches with him. I hadn't thought about that until someone gave me sweats by asking if he might take Heupel. If he does take some coaches, Stoops'll definitely have to fill some positions before the bowl game. And please don't let Heupel be one of the coaches he takes!

Soonerfan88
12/6/2010, 09:20 PM
According to Indiana boards, he is bringing a coach with him and I'm pretty sure that is Patton.

tulsaoilerfan
12/6/2010, 09:21 PM
I wish him luck cause it's gonna be damn hard to win there

AlboSooner
12/6/2010, 09:24 PM
Hire Mark Mangino to coach the O-line.
(this message was brought to you by the Norman restaurants).

mehip
12/6/2010, 09:27 PM
Give a field promotion to Heupel to co-OC. He and Norvell can run the O for the bowl game, see how things go.

Would Norvel's play calling be as aggressive as his personality seems? Would the NCAA allow us to bring in a consultant/new hire for the game?

OU_Sooners75
12/6/2010, 09:29 PM
well I think heupel is ready to move up. I wish him luck but I'm excited to see the change. wonder if we still do a no huddle without him though.

oumartin
12/6/2010, 09:31 PM
an assistant would have to be a fool to go up there with Wilson. OU > Indiana

Leroy Lizard
(this message was brought to you by the Norman restaurants -- but not those featuring buffets).

FIFY

mehip
well I think heupel is ready to move up. I wish him luck but I'm excited to see the change. wonder if we still do a no huddle without him though.

Sans Goaline Merkat formation would be great.

bluedogok
12/6/2010, 09:32 PM
(this message was brought to you by the Norman restaurants).*
* Except the All You Can Eat places.

btb916
I think we will keep the no-huddle for Landry's entire tenure. He's very comfortable running it, and it doesn't make sense to switch it up. Although I would personally like to see us get away from it after Landry graduates.

OU_Sooners75
Would Norvel's play calling be as aggressive as his personality seems? Would the NCAA allow us to bring in a consultant/new hire for the game?

we can bring in 1000 consultants if they do not have contact with the players or attend practices. and yes ou can bring in a new coah tomorrow if Kevin Wilson wishes to leave the program before the bowl game.

Leroy Lizard

Doubt it for the bowl game. Whoever is calling signals will want the huddle to make sure there are no miscommunications.

OU_Sooners75
12/6/2010, 09:34 PM
I think we will keep the no-huddle for Landry's entire tenure. He's very comfortable running it, and it doesn't make sense to switch it up. Although I would personally like to see us get away from it after Landry graduates.

comfortable running it? yes he does but insure he would be just as comfortable not running it. if he cannot then time for Allen or someone else. I think for the bowl game we play the no huddle it would be stupid to change the playbook and style now.

oudavid1
12/6/2010, 10:01 PM
not trying to say i knew it first, but i was pretty dam early

http://twitter.com/DavidLeake/status/11869700967370752

SoonerMom2
12/6/2010, 10:02 PM

I wonder if he's taking any coaches with him. I hadn't thought about that until someone gave me sweats by asking if he might take Heupel. If he does take some coaches, Stoops'll definitely have to fill some positions before the bowl game. And please don't let Heupel be one of the coaches he takes!

PJ Mills said on KREF tonight that Norvell would be Offensive Coordinator with Josh as assistant OC and learn the ropes. Josh is going nowhere!

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 10:07 PM
comfortable running it? yes he does but insure he would be just as comfortable not running it. if he cannot then time for Allen or someone else. I think for the bowl game we play the no huddle it would be stupid to change the playbook and style now.

I disagree. The communications between the press box and team could take somewhat longer, unless the OC stands on the sideline. I would think Stoops would want to use the huddle to slow down the pace and minimize mistakes.

okienole3
12/6/2010, 10:07 PM
Never heard of an assistant OC. Co, yes. Assistant, no.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 10:09 PM

We used to call them secretaries.

soonercastor
12/6/2010, 10:15 PM
I disagree. The communications between the press box and team could take somewhat longer, unless the OC stands on the sideline. I would think Stoops would want to use the huddle to slow down the pace and minimize mistakes.

You're over-estimating these possible communication issues. And they will run it from the sidelines IMO.

kevpks
12/6/2010, 10:21 PM
I like Norvell. He will be the first OC ever to draw a flag while in the press box, and we'll throw another TD to Stills on the next play.

mehip
12/6/2010, 10:26 PM
Doubt it for the bowl game. Whoever is calling signals will want the huddle to make sure there are no miscommunications.

Seems like a mistake to get away from your bread-n-butter in the last game of the season. A slower pace would be more realistic and less risky imo.

soonerz
12/6/2010, 10:40 PM
I assume most of you have all heard the rumor about Patton leaving and Mangino coming in. What do you guys think? I don't know about Patton leaving, but if he did, I don't think Mangino would come back as just an OL coach. I would like to see him as the OC again though

kevpks
12/6/2010, 10:53 PM
I assume most of you have all heard the rumor about Patton leaving and Mangino coming in. What do you guys think? I don't know about Patton leaving, but if he did, I don't think Mangino would come back as just an OL coach. I would like to see him as the OC again though

I could see Mangino coming back for a year or two to get back into the game before leaving for a lower tier HC position (like McCarney just did from position coach at Florida to HC at UNT).

SoonerRoy
12/6/2010, 10:59 PM
If Norvell calls the plays he will be upstairs. That is the only problem I have with Heupel calling plays. He needs to be on the sidelines advising LJ.

starclassic tama
12/6/2010, 11:20 PM
i'll say it. i'm sad to see him go. great offensive coordinator

LiveLaughLove
12/6/2010, 11:28 PM
Really surprised Indiana is taking another OU coach after teh Calvin Simpson debacle. But he (Wilson) deserves a shot as a head coach, bully for him.

I'm going to be interested to see if his offense at IU will be more like his offense at NW was. I'm betting so.

As for our new OC, why does Cale keep getting passed by? Josh is my all time favorite Sooner, and I want him desperately to stay at OU for life and be our OC and then HC, but why the heck does Cale get no loving?

FirstandGoal
12/6/2010, 11:31 PM
Really surprised Indiana is taking another OU coach after teh Calvin Simpson debacle. But he (Wilson) deserves a shot as a head coach, bully for him.

I'm going to be interested to see if his offense at IU will be more like his offense at NW was. I'm betting so.

As for our new OC, why does Cale keep getting passed by? Josh is my all time favorite Sooner, and I want him desperately to stay at OU for life and be our OC and then HC, but why the heck does Cale get no loving?

Its already been stated several times that Cale is perfectly happy where he is

Pay Tention
;)

SoonerMarkVA
12/6/2010, 11:58 PM

http://www.soonersports.com/school-bio/jay_norvell.html

Now you have :)

sooner59
12/6/2010, 11:58 PM
Hire Mark Mangino to BE the O-line.

NOW its fixed.

SoonerMarkVA
12/7/2010, 12:01 AM
If Norvell calls the plays he will be upstairs. That is the only problem I have with Heupel calling plays. He needs to be on the sidelines advising LJ.

If I recall, Mangino called the plays from the sideline; Chuck Long was always up in the booth.

But, I agree. Heupel is huge on the sidelines, keeping the QBs close. He needs to stay there.

Soonerman82
12/7/2010, 12:12 AM
Good luck Kevin.

delhalew
12/7/2010, 01:08 AM
As much as we would like to keep Josh in the fold, I hope he won't allow his loyalty to hold him back. It do him well to go mix it up with some different staffs. He can always come home when mama calls.
On that note, if Leach lands a spot, look for him to be interested in Josh. He recruited Josh, and feels that he is a great coach.

MamaMia
12/7/2010, 05:14 AM
Why do coaches who leave take other coaches with them? Is it some kind of parting ritual? :P

I cant remember...Did Chuck take anyone?

SoonerLB
12/7/2010, 09:22 AM
I cant remember...Did Chuck take anyone?

I don't think there were any volunteers for that suicide mission. ;)

bmjlr
12/7/2010, 09:24 AM
How long before we all hate the new OC and want Wilson back?

badger
12/7/2010, 11:29 AM
The latest here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101207_92_0_Itappe906742)

SoonerMom2
12/7/2010, 11:42 AM
Thought there was a Stoops connection to Norvell before and now the article says they played together at Iowa. We were living in SoCal at the time Iowa came to the Rose Bowl. Little we realize that years later we would be rooting for a team that is now led by a former Iowa player and now an OC from that same team! Small world!

NormanPride
12/7/2010, 11:58 AM
Norvell was 100% in charge of the passing game this year, from what I've heard. We'll be fine.

westbrooke
12/7/2010, 12:59 PM
PJ Mills said on KREF tonight that Norvell would be Offensive Coordinator with Josh as assistant OC and learn the ropes. Josh is going nowhere!

This is what I assumed would happen. The line of succession is usually pretty clear on Stoops's staff.

Goodbye and good luck, KW.

JCBoomer
12/7/2010, 01:24 PM
How long before we all hate the new OC and want Wilson back?I already hate them and wish they would stop running up the middle and would be more creative calling plays!

pappy
12/7/2010, 03:02 PM
Is Norvell gonna be the permanent or is he just a fill in for the bowl game?

OK2U
12/7/2010, 03:24 PM
not trying to say i knew it first, but i was pretty dam early

http://twitter.com/DavidLeake/status/11869700967370752

My boss had been avoiding eye contact lately and i think my dog is ill, what's going to happen oudavid??!!?

oudavid1
12/7/2010, 05:24 PM
My boss had been avoiding eye contact lately and i think my dog is ill, what's going to happen oudavid??!!?

this is a God D*** conspiracy.
http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes3/ShawShank38.jpeg