PDA

View Full Version : BCS #7

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 04:20 PM
I didn't see a thread on the final regular season BCS ratings. I consider a conference title and a #7 rating a huge success given where this team started and relying on so many young players. Assuming we hold court against Uconn, I don't see much potential to move up given the other matchups. (We would drop like a stone with a loss, so let's not go there). The bowl prep along with spring and fall camps should allow us to field a scary squad next season. Getting the right replacements for potential coaching losses will be huge, but they present plum jobs, so we should have no lack of good candidates.

BOOMER!

VA Sooner
12/6/2010, 04:39 PM
Jumped Arkansas based on the Big 12 title game and pushing Nebraska down 5-6 slots.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 04:57 PM
Jumped Arkansas based on the Big 12 title game and pushing Nebraska down 5-6 slots.

That surprised me, but Arkie would probably jump us if they beat tOSU.

jumperstop
12/6/2010, 05:03 PM
We can make it into the top 5 by the end of the season with some help from the other bowl games.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 05:10 PM
We can make it into the top 5 by the end of the season with some help from the other bowl games.

Not sure. Losers of both the title game and the Rose bowl probably stay ahead of us. Either tOSU stays ahead of or Arkie jumps us by beating them. Same thing could happen if VT knocks off Stanford, but VT is down at #13, so maybe not. I could see us passing TCU if the badgers blow them out and they get the "didn't belong with the big boys" treatment. Mostly I see us staying where we are if we take care of business. Again, GREAT season - especially the conference crown - not so much the rating.