PDA

View Full Version : I just don't ever think we will see a "Fire Josh Heupel" thread.

batonrougesooner
12/6/2010, 03:03 PM
I think the server would crash.

badger
12/6/2010, 03:05 PM
I wonder why not...
http://bcschick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/heupel.jpg

If Chuck Long almost won the Heisman and OU instead of Iowa, there might have been similar love for him. :)

trueou
12/6/2010, 03:06 PM
What are you talking about? It doesn't matter who the OC is. There will always be vocal hatred for the OC. Just hide and watch. Sometimes I think the purpose of the OC is to be a focal point for fan hatred. The only reason Leach is still somewhat liked is because he was only here one year.

bmjlr
12/6/2010, 03:12 PM
What are you talking about? It doesn't matter who the OC is. There will always be vocal hatred for the OC. Just hide and watch. Sometimes I think the purpose of the OC is to be a focal point for fan hatred. The only reason Leach is still somewhat liked is because he was only here one year.

Exactly, there would have been "Fire Leach" threads the next year if he would have stayed. He must have feared the backlash on here and bailed. :D

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 03:13 PM
We would have been screaming for him to run more, and we never would have had a chance at AD if he was here.

So let me be the first to say it! Fire our new freaking OC dammit! He sucks! He doesn't ever go deep, and he can't seem to get a damn running game going. Fire his a$$ now!!!!
What's this, you say he's not hired yet?.... So what, the guy is gawbage, gawbage I tell you!

Scott D
12/6/2010, 03:16 PM
Christ, if there were message boards in the 70s Switzer never makes it to 85

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 03:45 PM
We would have been screaming for him to run more, and we never would have had a chance at AD if he was here.

So let me be the first to say it! Fire our new freaking OC dammit! He sucks! He doesn't ever go deep, and he can't seem to get a damn running game going. Fire his a$$ now!!!!
What's this, you say he's not hired yet?.... So what, the guy is gawbage, gawbage I tell you!

I could put up with the new OC if he wouldn't be so damn predictable! And what's this misdirection play at the goal line that got stuffed?!?! You have to run your bread-and-butter. IT'S WHAT GOT YOU THERE!

I tell you, this new OC sucks. Has anyone heard in here of another college that wants to hire him as a head coach? That's PROOF that he sucks!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/6/2010, 04:19 PM
FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON

rekamrettuB
12/6/2010, 04:37 PM
Too predictable. I can tell you what's going to be run 90% of the time every game with this new OC.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/6/2010, 04:42 PM
FIRE JOHN HYPLE

SoonerPride
12/6/2010, 04:42 PM
FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON

old school message boardness.

awesome

Wishboned
12/6/2010, 04:46 PM

That string in the early 80's would have killed him.

nativesooner
12/6/2010, 04:49 PM
FIRE JOSH HEUPLE!! WE NEED A NEW OC... BRING IN PATRICK FLETCHER!!

soonercastor
12/6/2010, 04:52 PM
It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Josh might leave with KW

tcrb
12/6/2010, 05:13 PM
I just don't ever think we will see a "Fire Josh Heupel" thread.

BWAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

There are posters here that have considered eating their young after a loss!

SoonerMarkVA
12/6/2010, 05:19 PM

Ugh. Please don't say that.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 05:38 PM
Ugh. Please don't say that.

Heupel has little to gain from the move. His pay won't change much (if at all) and his job security would evaporate.

NormanPride
12/6/2010, 05:40 PM

I go through more young that way...

FirstandGoal
12/6/2010, 11:41 PM

Well, in all fairness I do have 2 teenagers now.

Really wouldn't even take a loss right now for me to consider that.....

SoonerMom2
12/6/2010, 11:43 PM
I wonder why not...
http://bcschick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/heupel.jpg

If Chuck Long almost won the Heisman and OU instead of Iowa, there might have been similar love for him. :)

We have that SI cover signed by Josh -- prized possession in this House!

SoonerMom2
12/6/2010, 11:45 PM

Totally out of the realm of possibilities. Heupel is a Stoops person. News is already out that Josh is going to move up as the assistant OC to Norvell who becomes the offensive coordinator. It was on KREF tonight.

SoonerKnight
12/6/2010, 11:51 PM

Was reading an interview with Switzer and in the early 80's there tons of letters written to OU's AD to get rid of Switzer. The AD told Switzer don't sweat it the fans will forget about it the next season and poof the fans did but they even had some quotes from the letters and wow glad there were no message boards then.

setem
12/6/2010, 11:56 PM
I have a feeling that Josh is being groomed to be the next head coach for OU if and when Bob decides to leave us.

I think Norvell and Heupel will be the co-coordinators next year and eventually the reigns and then the Head Coaching job.

MamaMia
12/7/2010, 12:00 AM
Josh is good at everything. He even helps Smokey prevent forest fires.

Was reading an interview with Switzer and in the early 80's there tons of letters written to OU's AD to get rid of Switzer. The AD told Switzer don't sweat it the fans will forget about it the next season and poof the fans did but they even had some quotes from the letters and wow glad there were no message boards then.

I was not a "Lets get rid of Switzer person. There were many of us. I was a 'Everybody does it. He was just the only one who got caught' person. :D

pappy
12/7/2010, 12:44 AM
I honestly hope stoops doesn't hire josh to be the new OC...I want the staff to get some new blood on it instead of just promoting from within. Josh would probably do a good job, but he isn't proven and you can get someone else who is a proven good OC.

setem
12/7/2010, 12:55 AM
The good thing about josh is he has a play book that comes from some of the best offensive minds out there.

Leach,Mangino,Long and Wilson. He can pool from all of those to make a scheme that will be pretty lethal!

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 01:19 AM
The good thing about josh is he has a play book that comes from some of the best offensive minds out there.

Leach,Mangino,Long and Wilson. He can pool from all of those to make a scheme that will be pretty lethal!

And his dad! LOL :D

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2010, 01:40 AM
Josh is good at everything. He even helps Smokey prevent forest fires.

I was not a "Lets get rid of Switzer person. There were many of us. I was a 'Everybody does it. He was just the only one who got caught' person. :D

No one claims to be a "Bury Barry" person.

John Kochtoston
12/7/2010, 02:26 AM
John Blake was a really good player at OU in the 1980s. There was no shortage of people wanting to fire him.

SOFSooner
12/7/2010, 05:49 AM
I have the SI but not signed, you are lucky.

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2010, 05:58 AM
I think people may be more realistic if Josh is our OC. If an all american linemen misses a block on the goal-line in the ncg, instead of blaming poor play calling they will say, "Why couldnt that idiot just hold his block? Josh calls a good play and that fat bastard failed to execute it!"

RacerX
12/7/2010, 07:24 AM
There were message boards in 2000. Some fans were clamoring that Heupel be benched at the end of the season when his elbow started bothering him. Cuz you know Hybl was better.

texaspokieokie
12/7/2010, 10:13 AM
I think people may be more realistic if Josh is our OC. If an all american linemen misses a block on the goal-line in the ncg, instead of blaming poor play calling they will say, "Why couldnt that idiot just hold his block? Josh calls a good play and that fat bastard failed to execute it!"

why would people suddenly become more realistic ???

or realistic at all ??

Soonez
11/9/2013, 10:16 AM
Bump Interesting read

birddog
11/9/2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, no thread yet but a lot of posts asking for him to get out of town.

soonercastor
11/9/2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, no thread yet but a lot of posts asking for him to get out of town.

No thread yet? Lol

EatLeadCommie
11/9/2013, 03:29 PM
oh dear

Scott D
11/9/2013, 04:00 PM
pretty sure someone started one the day he was named offensive coordinator.

Piware
11/9/2013, 04:16 PM
I don't want Josh to be fired. He is an asset to the program. I do wish, however, that he was still coaching the QBs because they need it badly.