PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin student paper calling out scalpers

badger
12/6/2010, 02:05 PM
Actually, very funny read in the comments section.

Link (http://badgerherald.com/oped/2010/12/05/the_worst_people_on_.php)

In a nutshell, Rose Bowl tickets went on sale to students for $150 face value and sold out in 20 minutes. Less than a few hours after they sold out, tickets were on facebook and craigslist for three times the price. So, Badger Herald posted a list of the "worst people on campus"

Not saying anything against scalping or capitalism, this is just funny.

85sooners
12/6/2010, 02:07 PM
:gary:

NormanPride
12/6/2010, 02:08 PM
Just another market force. Nothing to see here. :)

Mississippi Sooner
12/6/2010, 02:16 PM
I'll give the Badgers credit. They do travel well. I lived in Las Vegas in 1996, and one thing I'll never forget is when Wisconsin came to town to play UNLV. It seemed like you couldn't turn around on The Strip without running into someone in red and white.

Now granted, that is Vegas, but I would imagine they'll show up in force in Pasadena, too.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 02:17 PM
Yup. Rose Bowl will be red except for whatever corner TCU has.

badger
12/6/2010, 02:25 PM
I think students have every right to scalp and if they can make money off other Badgers that didn't act quickly enough to get face-value tickets, more power to them. But the fact that the student paper would declare them the worst badgers, that they they're going to a special place in hell... oh man. That's over the top. And the comments! tee hee.

I am often glad that I am a Sooner and not a Badger. Little-B badger, yes, but not Big-B Badger. Madison is nicknamed Mad-town for a reason.

Mississippi Sooner
12/6/2010, 02:33 PM
Eat ****!

**** you!