PDA

View Full Version : U Conn's school colors should be Tan and Off-White

Okie Hillbilly
12/6/2010, 01:54 PM
I am thrilled to be in the Fiesta Bowl and am even fine with playing UConn. However, I need some help. I don't even have an opinion about them as a team. Most schools I have feelings about, with a vast majority being ones with a reason to hate. (I even hate ND for ending our 47 game winning streak before I was born!)

Please give something to dislike about them, besides their women's basketball team.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 02:01 PM
They're yankees.

Cornfed
12/6/2010, 02:06 PM
They're yankees.

What else do you need?

misplacedsooner
12/6/2010, 02:07 PM
ummmmm, just think of their womans hoops coach in a football uni saying water sucks it really really sucks ala the waterboy and lay the hammer on them.

pweitkem
12/6/2010, 02:13 PM
Really not much to hate. They seem like nice people.

85sooners
12/6/2010, 02:17 PM
Good folk

TopDawg
12/6/2010, 02:30 PM
Please give something to dislike about them, besides their women's basketball team.

This is all you need.

Their football team is one I usually pull for more often than not, but I hope we absolutely destroy them so badly that we crush the spirit of their entire athletic department and send their WBB team into a downward spiral the likes of which has never been seen before.

badger
12/6/2010, 02:59 PM
I went to the womens championship in San Antonio in 2002, where we played UConn in the Final Four/title game. They brought the majority of fans (Duke and Tennessee were the other two teams there - we beat Dook in the Final Four). They travel very well and have very passionate fans.

They actually sing their fight song, not just clap along. Despite their name, they are not a state school but rather, a private one and thus, a very small but loyal fanbase.

We were outnumbered down there, but they didn't gang up and bully our fewer fans. They were just like "Gene loves Sherri and wants her to succeed" and were very friendly.

There is absolutely no reason to hate them, other than the fact that our awesome womens team cannot beat them. So, if you're gonna hate them, then their fight song easily changes into "Puke on the Huskies! You...can... SUCK THESE!"

John Kochtoston
12/6/2010, 03:07 PM
UConn is public, not private.

http://http://www.uconn.edu/rankings.php

badger
12/6/2010, 03:10 PM
scuse me - they're considered public ivy, not just ivy :D

sooner59
12/6/2010, 03:38 PM
They're yankees.

So do we get car window flags that look like this?

http://www.sidekickperformance.com/images/TheSouthWillRiseAgain.jpg

007sooner
12/6/2010, 05:03 PM
the student body is less trashy than q-pac's. that is all i know.

Sooner_Tuf
12/6/2010, 05:13 PM
I don't know much about them but I want to see a running clock before halftime.

TopDawg
12/6/2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know much about them but I want to see a running clock before halftime.

:D

KantoSooner
12/6/2010, 05:28 PM
Storrs was right down the road from where I did undergrad. Nice place, if a bit isolated.
Nothing to dislike at all. Great BBall and hockey school. Excellent partying. The only negative point is that they share with most folks in the area a denial regarding college football.
In essence, the years since 1945 have been so traumatic for New England college ball that they've been erased from the collective memory. What can you say to someone who honestly believes that Boston College inspires fear in foes such as Alabama, or Oklahoma?
Typically when attempting to negotiate with someone having a psychotic episode or a terrorist, you try to find some common frame of reference on which to agree and build out from there. In this case, the disconnect may be too extreme for dialogue to take place.
The kindest thing we can do is to demonstrate, in unmistakeable ways, objective reality and let them begin to reconstruct their world-view.