PDA

View Full Version : If we lose Kevin Wilson...

looch
12/6/2010, 01:42 PM
...Can we hire a 12 year old from XBox Live to coach the bowl game?

I LOVED watching those deep routes / random play calls this past game.

Coach Wilson has been great and his coaching style has been fun to watch.

Can't we all agree that throwing deep on first and second down has been fun and is working? These past two games have been a lot of fun to watch and I'd like to see it again against UConn.

No matter what happens I like the video game style play calling and hope we get to keep it.

mgsooner
12/6/2010, 01:53 PM
We should just hire any one of the tens of thousands of offensive masterminds that continuously rip our playcalling from the stands/couch during every single game. They are also XBox legends and thus would be more than qualified to assume playcalling duties.

soonermix
12/6/2010, 01:54 PM
i am available

cmoneyou
12/6/2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not 12 but I am a legend(in my own mind)

3rdgensooner
12/6/2010, 02:30 PM
Leach and Mangino are both available.

THE-JROD
12/6/2010, 02:35 PM
Played some NCAA 2011 last night...won 117-3...i think im ready!!

picasso
12/6/2010, 02:39 PM
Leach and Mangino are both available.

So is Howzit. Oh, wrong forum...

AlboSooner
12/6/2010, 02:40 PM
People are saying Norvell

TXBOOMER
12/6/2010, 02:41 PM
Indiana is not a football school. I think he should hold out for a better job.

AlboSooner
12/6/2010, 02:43 PM
Indiana is not a football school. I think he should hold out for a better job.
He's not very young in HC terms, and he can use that as a stepping stone. If he takes them to a bowl or two, he'll move on quickly.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/6/2010, 02:48 PM
Do you think he will still coach the bowl game? I think he will. Its not like he is going to be leaving on bad terms with Stoops. Stoops has always encouraged his coordinators to move on when given opportunity. The only thing that may hold him out of the bowl game would be Indiana wanting him to begin immediately.

Hot Rod
12/6/2010, 02:50 PM
Played some NCAA 2011 last night...won 117-3...i think im ready!!

3 points? Play some D! :D

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 02:50 PM
he's likely gone b4 the bowl. Heupel will probably replace him

unbiasedtruth
12/6/2010, 02:54 PM
No. IU is like Minny and Colorado. They need a HC there ASAP to build a staff and hit the recruiting trail.

Personally there are individuals on the Sooner staff that can call the offense for this game.

Plus it gives the added bonus of not having any game film..... as BLANK calling plays for the Sooner offense (fill in the blank)

THE-JROD
12/6/2010, 03:06 PM
3 points? Play some D! :D

Heh, quarterback got the ball off when I ran an all out blitz and had a receiver wide open, was able to catch him tho and hold em to 3 :D

aero
12/6/2010, 03:11 PM
Is there anybody on the staff that KW would take with him or consider going with him?

Hot Rod
12/6/2010, 03:16 PM
Heh, quarterback got the ball off when I ran an all out blitz and had a receiver wide open, was able to catch him tho and hold em to 3 :D

LOL! Just messin' with ya! My son and I play that game a lot. Try using the Wake Forest playbook (wishbone and split-back shotgun formation).

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 03:23 PM
LOL! Just messin' with ya! My son and I play that game a lot. Try using the Wake Forest playbook (wishbone and split-back shotgun formation).

He'll definitely try! If Josh doesn't get the OC job, it's likely he goes to be his OC. He may try and snag Norvell to be his OC if no josh, as he does have experience. Better not take Martinez as I'm liking the direction he has our secondary going.

jumperstop
12/6/2010, 03:27 PM
He'll definitely try! If Josh doesn't get the OC job, it's likely he goes to be his OC. He may try and snag Norvell to be his OC if no josh, as he does have experience. Better not take Martinez as I'm liking the direction he has our secondary going.

I think he might be on worse terms with Stoops if he steals all our coaches to go with him...Doesn't seem likely to me that any of those guys would want to go to Indiana. They could get just as much national recognition and pay coaching positions at OU.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 03:31 PM
Any coach that leaves OU to be an assistant at Indiana is nuts, especially since Bob is known (to his credit) for giving his assistants job security.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/6/2010, 03:32 PM
KC/Crimson for OC!

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 03:33 PM
KC/Crimson for OC!

This would be college football's version of Spinal Tap.