PDA

View Full Version : Greg Davis Gone

auto
12/6/2010, 12:48 PM
looks like all those donations down the drain.:D

DarrellZero
12/6/2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry to see anyone lose their job, but he's been a dead man walkin' for weeks.

auto
12/6/2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry to see anyone lose their job, but he's been a dead man walkin' years.

:D FIFY.

PDXsooner
12/6/2010, 12:52 PM
Now what will Texas fans blame every loss on? There's no possible way they could ever lose a game based on execution, or the fact that their precious 5 star recruits might not be as good as advertised.

They are in for a rude awakening when they realize they won't be able to pin every bad play on Davis.

3rdgensooner
12/6/2010, 12:53 PM
THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!

auto
12/6/2010, 12:54 PM
Now what will Texas fans blame every loss on? There's no possible way they could ever lose a game based on execution, or the fact that their precious 5 star recruits might not be as good as advertised.

They are in for a rude awakening when they realize they won't be able to pin every bad play on Davis.

exactly.... Was not exactly impressed with Coach Puff this year.:D

ouleaf
12/6/2010, 01:03 PM
It's being said that Davis "Resigned."

virginiasooner
12/6/2010, 01:09 PM
It's being said that Davis "Resigned."

. . . to spend more time with his family.

MR2-Sooner86
12/6/2010, 01:10 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/149/a/7/Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png

badger
12/6/2010, 01:14 PM
I don't know what to think of this. Kind of curious who they'll get to replace him. Would they just give someone in his existing staff a promotion, or order Mack to go out and get a big name hire?

I just don't see Mack firing his friend (or forcing him to resign). This was probably forced on him, like Muschamp probably was.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 01:51 PM
Greg Davis, like most OC's, was the designated scapegoat. If they think playcalling was the problem, then they haven't solved their team's woes. They need a better QB (not likely) and RB. Replacing the OL coach might help.

OUinFLA
12/6/2010, 02:24 PM
GatorNation reporting that osu's OC is being wooed by Fla and Tex.

Bad for lOSUr.

budbarrybob
12/6/2010, 03:10 PM
Well, regardess. I'd have loved to see what GD could do to F-UP another year of * offense. Now we'll have to see if GG is still the suck or if it really was mainly the GD offense. :cool:

cyclonesooner
12/6/2010, 03:12 PM
If they have a brain, they will give it to Major Applewhite.

badger
12/6/2010, 03:16 PM
1- Texas fires/accepts the resignation of Greg Davis.
2- Kevin Wilson interviews at Indiana, immediately offered the job, immediately takes it.
3- Texas hires Major Applewhite as new OC.
4- OU hires Josh Heupel as new OC.

(20 years later)

5- Bob Stoops retires after 20 consecutive national titles, and Big 12, Big 10, Big 11, Big 12, Big 13, and Big 14 titles.
6- Texas athletic director Mack Brown fed up with Will Muschamp after 20-consecutive asterisk seasons.
7- Josh Heupel named new OU coach.
8- Major Applewhite named new Texas coach.
9- Josh continues to beat Major.

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 03:18 PM
They are going after Holgerson and Malzahn. Malzahn likely gets a HC job after this year though, but we'll see.

Dana though is known for chasing the college co-eds and TX isn't fond of this. They're likely to overlook it though as they want to win badly. Honestly if she's 18, I don't care if he's doing his babysitter, let alone some consenting adult at a bar.

3rd on their list is the Boise St. guy for some reason. Guess they don't realize the offense over there is Peterson's baby.

OklahomaTuba
12/6/2010, 03:20 PM
Did Mack have any groomsmen at his wedding?

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 03:40 PM
Dana though is known for chasing the college co-eds and TX isn't fond of this.

He'll fit in perfectly here. :D

OUEngr1990
12/6/2010, 03:47 PM
Sorry to see anyone lose their job, but he's been a dead man walkin' for years.

FIFY, whorn fans have been asking for his *** for years now..

I personally don't think he is the root of the problem...

Theskipster
12/6/2010, 03:49 PM
Some Houston sports radio guy, Lance Zierlein, tweeted:

John Granato is pretty close with Dana Holgorson at Ok St & he says the Horns shouldn't even try to come after him because he won't go there

OUEngr1990
12/6/2010, 03:50 PM
I'd rather the pokes keep their OC, an deal with them rather than him go to *.

EatLeadCommie
12/6/2010, 03:51 PM
as I recall, Muschamp was the one who forced the change in offensive style upon Mack.

OhU1
12/6/2010, 03:56 PM
* fans all but admit Mack Brown is a used car saleman but as long as they get ________ (fill in name of latest trendy coordinator) as their ________ (offensive/defensive) coordinator that is all Mack will need to win. __________ (trendy coordinator) will really run the show and Mack will recruit and smooze and all will be well.

Well * doesn't have Greg Davis to kick around anymore. Who takes Davis's place as the new designated scapegoat?

VA Sooner
12/6/2010, 04:32 PM
Mack had to throw someone under the bus.

Anyone sticking with Gilbert had to go. Mack stuck with Gilbert... he should go. Should have played a backup QB more so in the second half of the season when the lights weren't coming on for little Gilbert. He may be a great high school QB, but he's didn't show it this year... and he certainly didn't improve. He is the reason for almost all of their turnovers but not the only reason their offense couldn't produce. They have a drought of running backs and receivers... in spite of their top recruiting class year after year.

I hope Gilbert stays as their starter.

I hope Mack re-hires Davis.

I hope Muschamp remains the defensive coordinator.

I hope that * is right back where they started in 2011.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/6/2010, 04:39 PM
All these posts and not one mention about how regardless of recruit ranking, playcalling, performance, or skill, texass quit.

Plain and simply put, texass quit.

Which is amazingly appropriate.

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 06:05 PM
Well * doesn't have Greg Davis to kick around anymore. Who takes Davis's place as the new designated scapegoat?

Well if his defense isn't the #1 rated defense next year, it's their precious Muschamp. They had already turned on him halfway through the season this year. Well.... 1/2 had turned on him, the other 1/2 were focusing on swapping him and Mack. 100% were screaming to get rid of Davis! LOL

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 07:06 PM
I hope Mack re-hires Davis.

Shaggy would shut down for weeks.

Adrian
12/6/2010, 07:43 PM
As long as they have Gilbert as their qb, it really doesn't make a lot of difference who is the oc...

Soonerfan88
12/6/2010, 07:53 PM
With the current lawsuits at *, I don't think they will go for Holgerson. He's too much of a known party guy for them right now. And word from the deep south is that Malzahn has turned them down. Looks like the OC from Potato Aggy may be their target.

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 07:56 PM
Shaggy would shut down for weeks.

So true so true.... but could you imagine the threads? There would mass suicides in that state! OMG it would be EPIC!!!! Watching the meltdown would be like winning the lottery if your a sooner fan!

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 09:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/kbowlin/Texas%20Photoshop/HappyChamp2.gif