PDA

View Full Version : The feel good story of the year IMO...

STUpendOUs
12/6/2010, 12:39 PM
But I am Bias...
please read the story in the link....it's long but worth it I promise...

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/9071172065119286767/aloha-football-warriors-climb-back-to-the-top-and-take-their-community-along-for-the-ride/

I have lived in this community for 11 years now. When we first got here and took our kids to see a game at the HS there were only 20 people + a meager pepband in the seats... Since Coach Casey has arrived here, the stands are filled to over capacity and the spirit of a dying community has been rejuvenated...

As a coach at the youth level, I have had the job of teaching his system to the kids in preparation to them going into HS. Our system starts at 3rd grade and the kids continue to run HS plays until the youth JV and Varsity levels when we turn them over to the HS. Well prepared and used to winning.

This season marks the first Senior class that has gone through the entire system... and guess what, it's paying off in spades. Last year AHS made the playoffs for the first time in almost 25 years and this year we play for all the marbles. As a coach and a father with boys in the system I am overwhelmed with pride to see our players achieve the unthinkable and our struggling community get behind this team...

We have a chant EVERYONE does before the game...

I

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE THAT WE

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Imagine 6500 parents, students and players chanting that before kick off... It chokes me up everytime...

the championship game will be live on ESPN3 this Saturday from Reser's stadium...Join us in our quest for our first state 6A championship and join us in our chant...I fully expect to hear you from where ever you are...
WARRIOR FOOTBALL....YOU BET

STUpendOUs
12/6/2010, 02:20 PM
bump