PDA

View Full Version : U-Conn offensive juggernaut

cleller
12/6/2010, 08:27 AM
at S. Florida:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201012041019

I had no idea what actually went on during the game. Looking at the stats is very interesting, though.

1 TD for their defense, and 4 FG's. 232 yards total offense. QB rating of 70.4

I know I'm playing with fire talking about these things before a BCS bowl, but they were eye opening to me.

yermom
12/6/2010, 08:51 AM
is it too much to as for a boring blowout? :O

badger
12/6/2010, 08:59 AM
They are 16th in Pass Efficiency D and 57th or so in rush D. They play in a pass light/run heavy conference. They cannot throw to save their lives (112th) and they have the second leading rusher behind LaMichael James of Oregon.

It will be a quick game, most likely. If we get up on them early then they are completely screwed.

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:05 AM
If our team shows up hungry...

http://www.woodshedheirlooms.com/images/The_Woodshed_Augusta_Wisconsin3.gif

texaspokieokie
12/6/2010, 09:21 AM
This is what i expected against USU,AFA & Cinn.

also in a couple bowl games past.

do you think UC will just come out & lay down for a beating ???

i don't

tcrb
12/6/2010, 09:26 AM
Doesn't matter what we think, as long as OUr team takes this game seriously.

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:28 AM

i don't

USU - young team - first game of the year that probably didn't prepare much for Borel. Again, first game

AFA - they were a very solid team - probably better than the huskies before their qb went down a couple of weeks later, they became mediocre after that. Our Young linebackers that were blowing assignments didn't help as with a rebuilding interior DL made us soft. We're still somewhat soft, but I think Box has emerged to help this, as has, P Macon.

cincy - bad game, on the road, we still hadn't gelled yet.

Pretty much every facet of our team has improved since those games.

Pointing to games in Sep can be sorta silly.

Socrefbek
12/6/2010, 09:32 AM
UCONN beat Cincinatti 38-17.

OU beat Cincinnati 31-29.

I hope the coaches can effectively uses those scores to get the players to approach the game with the right mentality.

KantoSooner
12/6/2010, 09:36 AM
Folks, they're UConn.

They are a very, very bad football team. They've only been Div 1 for about 10 years and were not a very good 1A team before that. Appy State would beat them by three tds or more.

If we beat them by less than 50 it will be disappointing.

Landry will be in his street clothes by early in the 3rd Qtr. If he even suits for the second half.

This is the most lopsided bowl pairing for many, many years.

salth2o
12/6/2010, 09:41 AM
is it too much to as for a boring blowout? :O

I would absolutely LOVE this to happen!!!

boomermagic
12/6/2010, 09:42 AM
I think we should whip their *** good and not show any mercy at all.. Maybe that will show the bcs they shouldn't have paired us with them.. We have nothing to gain by playing that team..

yermom
12/6/2010, 09:50 AM

i don't

that doesn't mean i don't want them to :D

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:54 AM
I think we should whip their *** good and not show any mercy at all.. Maybe that will show the bcs that the big east should no longer be an AQ.

FTFY:gary:

texaspokieokie
12/6/2010, 09:58 AM
that doesn't mean i don't want them to :D

me too !!!!!

badger
12/6/2010, 10:00 AM
The only reason that they're in the BCS is they beat their opponent by a measily field goal!

Oh...wait... :O

tcrb
12/6/2010, 10:02 AM
Folks, they're UConn.

They are a very, very bad football team. They've only been Div 1 for about 10 years and were not a very good 1A team before that. Appy State would beat them by three tds or more.

If we beat them by less than 50 it will be disappointing.

Landry will be in his street clothes by early in the 3rd Qtr. If he even suits for the second half.

This is the most lopsided bowl pairing for many, many years.

This post reminds me of what Our fans were posting before the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

I hope OUr team takes UConn more serious than OUr fans do. The UConn team will be looking at this game exactly like Boise did, in that a win would put their program on the map. It is important that we win this BCS
Bowl game....OU's reputation can ill afford another 2007 BSU debacle.

Dan Thompson
12/6/2010, 10:23 AM
I would like to see the first 3 qtrs like the FSU game and then send the subs for the 4th qtr.

I would like to get half hundred on them by half time.

KantoSooner
12/6/2010, 10:24 AM
tcrb, I can understand your pov, but will stick to my evaluation. I went to school in that part of the country and still have friends/family up there and pay some attention to the sports scene there.
It's difficult even being polite when discussing New England football.

Penguin
12/6/2010, 10:29 AM
This is a bad mojo thread. Please stop.

Widescreen
12/6/2010, 10:43 AM
I think this team has developed a better mentality than some of the other recent Sooner teams. Even earlier this year, this OU team would've folded down 17-0.

TahoeSOONER
12/6/2010, 10:52 AM
Games like this, with little to prove coming off a bigger emotional game against a storied rival, worry me.

You better believe UCONN will be ready to shock the CFB world and if we don't take them seriously they could do it with a ball control offense.

It's time for the offense to hit the throttle and blowem out.

Sooner98
12/6/2010, 10:59 AM
Let's hope the coaches and team are underestimating UCONN like some here are. That seems to work well for us.