PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Ibiloye

cleller
12/6/2010, 08:02 AM
I noticed he was on the field alot the other night. Seems like they were playing him instead of Tony Jefferson at times.

For the analysts out there, what was behind this? Playing him as a 3rd LB while Ronnel was moved out to the end? He is listed as a DB in the media guide, but I've seen other posts referring to him as an LB prospect.

badger
12/6/2010, 09:03 AM
He's our flex LB, as opposed to Jefferson who is our flex DB. Ibby goes in when we want to worry more about the run, and Tony goes in when we want to worry more about the pass.

Nebraska was not passing well.

cleller
12/6/2010, 09:19 AM
He's our flex LB, as opposed to Jefferson who is our flex DB. Ibby goes in when we want to worry more about the run, and Tony goes in when we want to worry more about the pass.

Nebraska was not passing well.

Makes good sense.
He's listed as 6'3" and 215. In weight, that's in between Jefferson and the other LB's. He's a little taller than all of them. Wonder if they'll want to bulk him up some to compete for Travis' place (if he leaves) or leave well enough alone?

Good situation.

TopDawg
12/6/2010, 11:00 AM
According to what I heard on the radio this morning, there were times when we pulled Fleming and Hurst and had a 5 DL, 3 LB, 3 S look. Maybe those were the formations with Ibiloye?