PDA

View Full Version : UConn's record against to 25 last 6 years.

BigRed47
12/6/2010, 01:00 AM
UConn since they play in the Big Least don't get to play that many top 25 teams, but when they do, well they don't do too well. In fact they haven't won one yet, at least not sense before 2005. Looking at Phil Steele's book, which goes back to 2005 they are 0-11 against top 25. Now they did beat West Va. this year but when they did beat them they weren't ranked. And Pitt wasn't ranked either. Now West Va. is ranked right now but I don't think that really counts since they weren't ranked at the time UConn beat them. The average score of thos 11 games was UConn 17.9 Opp 39.7. In 2009 UConn lost 3 very close games to ranked opponents. The scores were 10-12, 24-28 and 45-47. The teams were UNC, West Va. and Cincy. This year they haven't played a team that was ranked at the time but West Va. is ranked at #22 right now. In the last 5 years they have played 4 teams ranked in the top 10. In 2006 they lost to West Va. 37-11 and Louisville 48-17. In 2007 they lost to West Va. 66-21 and in 2009 they almost pulled a huge upset as they lost to Cincy 45-47. Since 2005 their record is 5-6, 4-8, 9-4, 8-5, 8-5 and 8-4. If you have seen any of their games their wins usually aren't very pretty. They play very physical and I think that is very much a style of Big East football. They certainly are not as fast as OU and probably don't have much depth. Offensively they will probably come straight at OU. I don't think they have the speed to go to the flanks. Their QB, Frazer had a 102 rating and averages 123 yards passing a game. Their running back, Todman averages 143 yards a game and they average 325 yards offense a game. Their defense gives us like 353 yards a game. I figure their game plan will be to try and control the ball and keep it away from the OU offense with their ground game. OU should make them one dimensional and force them to pass. If they are successful running the ball at OU then yes it could develope into a close game which would be exactly what they would want. I think their fans are looking at our first half season record and think they have a real good chance. They seem to be ignoring our record after aTm where we blasted TT and Baylor, both bowl teams, and beat a top 10 team and the #13 team two weeks in a row, both away from home. Now I will give UConn credit. They were 3-4 and it wasn't looking good. They won five in a row, four of those games against teams that are going bowling. But none were ranked at the time and only one is now. On paper it doesn't look like much of a match, but like they say, that is why they play the game.

sooner59
12/6/2010, 01:10 AM
UConn since they play in the Big Least don't get to play that many top 25 teams, but when they do, well they don't do too well. In fact they haven't won one yet, at least not sense before 2005. Looking at Phil Steele's book, which goes back to 2005 they are 0-11 against top 25.

Now they did beat West Va. this year but when they did beat them they weren't ranked. And Pitt wasn't ranked either. Now West Va. is ranked right now but I don't think that really counts since they weren't ranked at the time UConn beat them. The average score of thos 11 games was UConn 17.9 Opp 39.7. In 2009 UConn lost 3 very close games to ranked opponents. The scores were 10-12, 24-28 and 45-47. The teams were UNC, West Va. and Cincy. This year they haven't played a team that was ranked at the time but West Va. is ranked at #22 right now. In the last 5 years they have played 4 teams ranked in the top 10. In 2006 they lost to West Va. 37-11 and Louisville 48-17. In 2007 they lost to West Va. 66-21 and in 2009 they almost pulled a huge upset as they lost to Cincy 45-47. Since 2005 their record is 5-6, 4-8, 9-4, 8-5, 8-5 and 8-4.

If you have seen any of their games their wins usually aren't very pretty. They play very physical and I think that is very much a style of Big East football. They certainly are not as fast as OU and probably don't have much depth. Offensively they will probably come straight at OU. I don't think they have the speed to go to the flanks. Their QB, Frazer had a 102 rating and averages 123 yards passing a game. Their running back, Todman averages 143 yards a game and they average 325 yards offense a game. Their defense gives us like 353 yards a game. I figure their game plan will be to try and control the ball and keep it away from the OU offense with their ground game. OU should make them one dimensional and force them to pass. If they are successful running the ball at OU then yes it could develope into a close game which would be exactly what they would want.

I think their fans are looking at our first half season record and think they have a real good chance. They seem to be ignoring our record after aTm where we blasted TT and Baylor, both bowl teams, and beat a top 10 team and the #13 team two weeks in a row, both away from home. Now I will give UConn credit. They were 3-4 and it wasn't looking good. They won five in a row, four of those games against teams that are going bowling. But none were ranked at the time and only one is now. On paper it doesn't look like much of a match, but like they say, that is why they play the game.

FIFY. :D

SoonerPride93
12/6/2010, 01:11 AM
I stopped reading after first 3 sentences. It hurt my brain.