PDA

View Full Version : UConn fans getting annoying already

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 11:22 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6842799

That's the only argument they have?

Dwight
12/5/2010, 11:25 PM
Those were like the first 4 games of the season. UCONN lost by 20, 14, 3, and 26.

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 11:26 PM
Oh, but we only beat Cincy by 2!

**** me its pissing me off.

3rdgensooner
12/5/2010, 11:29 PM
They have 3 fans?

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 11:30 PM
Basically, what do you expect in the northern ****hole.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 11:30 PM
Didn't bother me at all. The third post brought them into reality.

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 11:32 PM
It just bothered me because it's like the fourteenth time I've heard the Cincy BS.

Partial Qualifier
they're in for a fun surprise

TheLadiesMike
Lucky for them we haven't improved since September.

007sooner
12/5/2010, 11:35 PM
I like that their argument that our defense is bad rests on the bedlam game. they'd be better off pointing out that we seem to be cursed in bsc bowls..

VA Sooner
12/5/2010, 11:41 PM
Too much talk before the bowls already.

Ratchet it down, practice, prepare, then destroy.

Talking is for after the game.

Tigeman
12/5/2010, 11:41 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6835869

Rude awakening coming

Scott D
12/5/2010, 11:46 PM
the threads from west virginia fans there were more amusing. Especially the one who thought them beating us when they'd have been in the MNC game if they didn't choke at home against pitt was an upset of epic proportions.

Hublah
12/5/2010, 11:49 PM
They obviously also did not watch the defense yesterday!!!

picasso
12/5/2010, 11:55 PM
I like that their argument that our defense is bad rests on the OU-OSU game. they'd be better off pointing out that we seem to be cursed in bsc bowls..

They would lose by 30 in Stillwater.

CatfishSooner
HAHA FUNNY

toast
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6835869

Rude awakening coming

love this little gem:

"OU has a crappy defense and an overrated running back. They barely beat Cincy and Utah State. If UConn plays well (like we did vs. Cincy or Syracuse) we might have the game wrapped up after 3 quarters."

sooner59
12/5/2010, 11:56 PM
OU has a crappy defense and an overrated running back. They barely beat Cincy and Utah State. If UConn plays well (like we did vs. Cincy or Syracuse) we might have the game wrapped up after 3 quarters.

That's tough talk from a basketball school. :rolleyes:

sooner59
12/5/2010, 11:57 PM
Hah, beat me to it.

BigRed47
12/5/2010, 11:57 PM
They also have a post on their board of the Sooner Schooner. The post says that our mascot is a trailer. I didn't realize that their fans are so uneducated that they don't know what a conestoga wagon is. I guess they don't know about the land runs or have seen "Far and Away."

picasso
12/6/2010, 12:00 AM
Christmas in Connecticut was a great movie.

Tigeman
12/6/2010, 12:01 AM
HAHA.... yep Bet Murray might have something to say about that.

I liked this one too

But OU's weakness is their running game...gives us an opportunity to pull another player out of the box and stick in the secondary.

OU v. UConn would be a low scoring game I would think...which would only favor UConn.

VT can put up a lot of points...that's what's scary.Ummmmm do they even think before talking out their a$$e$? #7 (us) vs. #26 (Va. Tech) in total offense. And here I thought the east coast schools were supposed to be smart :rolleyes:

FirstandGoal
12/6/2010, 12:04 AM
Oklahoma is a huge name, has a soft D and chokes in big games. I definitely want the Sooners.

Ah, how much fun will these little gems be come Jan 2?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/6/2010, 12:18 AM
They also have a post on their board of the Sooner Schooner. The post says that our mascot is a trailer. I didn't realize that their fans are so uneducated that they don't know what a conestoga wagon is. I guess they don't know about the land runs or have seen "Far and Away."

I said it on another thread and I'll say it again. I've been to Storrs. Not just the town, but the UConn campus.

UConn = yankee aggie.

landrun
12/6/2010, 12:24 AM
So... if they played 5 man football against their girl's basketball team, who would win? :confused: :pop:

SoonerShay
12/6/2010, 12:31 AM
Which one of you is soonerfan1972 over there?

usaosooner
12/6/2010, 12:32 AM
Punch em in the mouth... thats all we gotta do

sooner59
12/6/2010, 12:33 AM
They are barking up the wrong tree for several reasons by wanting to play OU this year, not to mention some of them even feeling they will have it in hand after 3 quarters.

1. OU has lost 5 straight BCS game, so yeah UCONN, that means you should feel confident. EXCEPT: 2003 we lost the NC, 2004 we lost the NC, 2006 Boise team would beat UCONN by 3 TDs easy, 2007 WV team nearly played for the NC, 2008 we lost the NC. I wouldn't get carried away thinking we lose to 8-4 Big East teams regularly in BCS games.

2. 2006-Did Kelly play? I can't remember. He was kinda good. Boise had a miracle series of trick plays work perfectly.

3. 2007-No Murray, no Kelly (I think), also were missing someone the secondary I believe to injury.

4. 2008-No Murray. Tebow sold his soul. Played Florida in Florida. (Not to mention playing LSU in New Orleans in 2003)

5. This is a completely different Sooner team than those teams. This team it hot. They are refusing to lose right now. And believe it or not, we are running plays designed to win (opposed to plays designed to "not lose").

6. Demarco Murray's first bowl game that he will be playing. The HAMMER must feed. If you drop the ball, Travis Lewis will recover. If you run the ball, our defense will force you to fumble. If you throw the ball, Travis Lewis will catch it. If you blink, a freshmen named Stills will be in the endzone.

7. If you try a trick play, Stoops will shove the football up your ***.

This squad has something about it that is just different from the first half of the season. They were young, inexperienced, and possibly overrated. As of today, they have grown into a solid football team. Fresh faces are now seasoned players with 11 wins and a conference championship under their belt. They are not the same team that beat Utah St. by 7, AF by 3, Cincy by 2. They are a team that refused to fold after the A&M atrocity. They shook it off and lit up a good Baylor team in Waco, beat a top 10 team with the #1 offense in the nation in Stillwater (with Gameday), and came back from a 17-0 deficit to beat a hungry Nebraska team for a conference title.

So I say bring it UCONN. Bring your football team. Bring Edsall. Bring Auriemma and the women's bball team. Bring Jim Calhoun and the men's bball team. Bring your parkas, and bring your board shorts and flip-flops. Bring the entire state of Connecticut. You think Stoops won't motivate these guys to win a BCS bowl game and do something nobody on the team has ever done? You think our players NEED to be motivated by Stoops to want this game bad?

Bring it. We'll be ready for you. BOOMER!

CrimsonRez
12/6/2010, 01:10 AM
I love this team...the no quit attitude is something we've been missing the last couple years. Stills what a beast that dude is, when all seems lost these guys come through in the clutch...this is like 2000 reincarnate the no quit refuse to lose attitude is so awesome!!! When we get down, The Hammer gives them a big ol' F-U and smacks someone in the mouth, T lewis intercepts the ball and its *** handing time from there :)

ouwasp
12/6/2010, 01:31 AM
UConn football fans are annoying because they exist. Shouldn't they be following lacrosse, hockey, and crap like that?

Piware
12/6/2010, 02:16 AM
Travis Lewis said it best: "We finally got mad."

yankee
12/6/2010, 02:33 AM
I said it on another thread and I'll say it again. I've been to Storrs. Not just the town, but the UConn campus.

UConn = yankee aggie.

i take offense to my username and "aggie" being used in the same sentence. :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/6/2010, 02:47 AM
jeter

yankee
12/6/2010, 03:00 AM
derp?

Mick Atomic
12/6/2010, 03:01 AM
Think they're annoying now? They'll all be like this come Jan. 2nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJ4Z0jRJ20&playnext=1&list=PL0F6E0A71521F4E14&index=4

SOFSooner
12/6/2010, 05:03 AM
I kind of like Connneticut in King Authur's Court also, but they will have a rude awakening of this dream, or nightmare on 01JAN10.

MamaMia
12/6/2010, 06:10 AM
Lucky for them we haven't improved since September.

Do I denote a hint of sarcasm? :D

pappy
12/6/2010, 07:00 AM
They must be confusing football with women's basketball.

King Barry's Back
12/6/2010, 07:54 AM
love this little gem:

"OU has a crappy defense and an overrated running back. They barely beat Cincy and Utah State. If UConn plays well (like we did vs. Cincy or Syracuse) we might have the game wrapped up after 3 quarters."

Granted, we were badly embarrassed on our two previous Fiesta Bowl trips. But as for putting the game away early, didn't we manage to dig ourselves out against both opponents?

It was lapses late in the game that cost us both of those.

So let them go to sleep. I'm for that.

Soonermagik
12/6/2010, 08:04 AM
This OU team has plenty of fight and doesn't quit. They can be down by several td's and they come back. I just hope we don't let the Huskies get that close.

IMHO, I hope they go vertical early and let the pass setup the run. I don't think Uconn has the athletes to hang with Stills or Broyles. But most of all, I just hope they show different stuff than they have showed throughout the year. That's been their biggest hang-up in bowl games... they are predictable.

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:32 AM
If they can point at our first three games, I can point out how they rang up a staggering 10 points on the mighty meatchicken defense.

BigTime1
12/6/2010, 09:42 AM
And this one...

What it tells us is that Oklahoma has a tough time getting up for what it considers a lesser opponent. But that team can also play with anyone in the country when it wants to. On paper they are probably the toughest opponent we've ever played (including BCU ).

Without researching a little I dont have a f'n clue who BCU is anybody know?

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:46 AM
As to their lofty D ranking of 48-
The "quality" of offenses that they played averaged 79th...

Our total D rank being 58th, we played teams that possessed a total offense average of 46!

And no, I did not count the D2 opponents that each team faced. It should also be noted that uconn played FOUR teams whose total offense ranking was triple digits. They have played one really good offense all year. If they hadn't played meatchicken for somebody middle of the road, offensively, that 79 ranking would be somewhere around 90.

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:47 AM
And this one...

What it tells us is that Oklahoma has a tough time getting up for what it considers a lesser opponent. But that team can also play with anyone in the country when it wants to. On paper they are probably the toughest opponent we've ever played (including BCU ).

Boston College University? Yeah, they really are "special" up in storrs...

Widescreen
12/6/2010, 09:51 AM

Those teams are only ranked that low because they had to face the mighty Husky defense.

sooneron
12/6/2010, 09:52 AM
Those teams are only ranked that low because they had to face the mighty Husky defense.

Yep, I was waiting for that...:texan:

bonkuba
12/6/2010, 09:55 AM
I really don't think OUr team will have any trouble getting up for this game.....look at all the material Stoops has to put in their face all through practice (the bowl losses against lesser opponents).

I remember going to the Fiesta Bowl....playing the smurfs...being all confident....then getting my heart ripped out.....long drive home....I just got sick again.

Bob will remind them of what it says on the front of their Uni....play for pride....take no team lightly.....basically kick a** :D

BigTime1
12/6/2010, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah...why didnt I think about the prestigious boston college football program

KantoSooner
12/6/2010, 10:17 AM
And this one...

I went to undergrad in Massachusetts and endured this sort of delusional thinking for 4 years. They honestly believe that New England football is 'physical' and that Boston College would thrash teams in the B12 or SEC if only those 'Southern' schools had the courage to face them.

The gap between football played in this part of the country vs. what's played in New England is so wide and deep as to defy imagination. The sport they play there looks like football...as played by slow people at a family reunion picnic.

waynepayne
12/6/2010, 10:25 AM
I liked this

"Aw boo hoo, Edsall won and now everything I've complained about holds no water, so I need to take weak passive aggressive shots at things."

regarding this

TouchdownHusky wrote: Whoever UConn can get into the end zone against - from the offensive side of the ball that is.

Seems like every fan base has *******s that think they could be the OC.

Widescreen
12/6/2010, 10:45 AM
Oh yeah...why didnt I think about the prestigious boston college football program

That kind of cracks me up.

"OU looks like they may be the best team we've faced SINCE BOSTON COLLEGE!"

This isn't a "great" sooner team but I've gotta believe we're better than the Eagles.

LiveLaughLove
12/6/2010, 11:02 AM
OU shouldn't have a problem getting "up" for the game even against UConn.

I don't think there was a problem getting up for the other BCS games though either.

One or two of them were against better teams. It happens.

Most though were because we didn't seem to game plan especially for that team. We had the superior athletes and so we game planned that way.

The other teams were us in the 2000 Orange Bowl. Great game plans against the superior team that just game planned a normal plan.

Winke was confused all night that night. Stoops had a great game plan. But so did Boise against us. We were vanilla. They were neopolitan. And so on.

I hope we game plan like we did for OSU and nu. Not like we did for cincy.

For the heck of it lets just beat 'em by 20+.

3rdgensooner
12/6/2010, 11:04 AM
For the heck of it lets just beat 'em by 20+.I endorse this message.

jumperstop
12/6/2010, 11:16 AM
Uconn is not near the same team as Boise or West Virgina was. There's a lot less chance of the "underdog" upsetting us this time. You have to remember that WVU was one game from going to the mnc and boise was undefeated number 5.

tator
12/6/2010, 11:28 AM
I'm guessing the prospect of having to play such a daunting defensive unit and the experience of going through that hell damaged those teams for the entirety of the season ;)

Widescreen
12/6/2010, 11:35 AM
I disagree.

Wait...

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 11:49 AM
I like that their argument that our defense is bad rests on the OU-OSU game. they'd be better off pointing out that we seem to be cursed in bsc bowls..

That's a short-sighted comment on their part in more ways than one. They better hope that the defense that held the nations number one offense in their house to about 200 yards and 14 points below their scoring average doesn't show up. If it does show up they may be in a little trouble.

WestLakeHillsSooner
12/6/2010, 12:05 PM
Connecticut talking smack?

My ranch is larger than the state of Connecticut.

70sooner
12/6/2010, 12:11 PM

I hope OU rolls them by 6 or 7 TDs. Show everybody OU is taking this seriously.

I saw that OU is favored by 18, already.....

agoo758
12/6/2010, 12:11 PM
My favorite post:

"Well, we definitely have a chance, but not because of Oklahoma just barely beat Utah St, Air Force, or whatever. That just shows that they can win games they do not play well in. If anything, that is a sign of a good football team."

Well said sir.

BigTime1
12/6/2010, 01:11 PM
Connecticut talking smack?

My ranch is larger than the state of Connecticut.

LOL...good one

BigTime1
12/6/2010, 01:18 PM
That kind of cracks me up.

"OU looks like they may be the best team we've faced SINCE BOSTON COLLEGE!"

This isn't a "great" sooner team but I've gotta believe we're better than the Eagles.

REALLY...how much more of an idiotic statement can you make... from the uconn fan- "I mean youve got florida, alabama, texas, usc, oklahoma and of course boston college.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

What f'n idiots...Hang half a hundred on'em!!! and make em like it.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 02:19 PM
I guess I would just gently remind the UConn folks that this ain't our first rodeo....

Salt City Sooner
12/6/2010, 02:23 PM
They are barking up the wrong tree for several reasons by wanting to play OU this year, not to mention some of them even feeling they will have it in hand after 3 quarters.

1. OU has lost 5 straight BCS game, so yeah UCONN, that means you should feel confident. EXCEPT: 2003 we lost the NC, 2004 we lost the NC, 2006 Boise team would beat UCONN by 3 TDs easy, 2007 WV team nearly played for the NC, 2008 we lost the NC. I wouldn't get carried away thinking we lose to 8-4 Big East teams regularly in BCS games.

2. 2006-Did Kelly play? I can't remember. He was kinda good. Boise had a miracle series of trick plays work perfectly.

3. 2007-No Murray, no Kelly (I think), also were missing someone the secondary I believe to injury.

4. 2008-No Murray. Tebow sold his soul. Played Florida in Florida. (Not to mention playing LSU in New Orleans in 2003)

5. This is a completely different Sooner team than those teams. This team it hot. They are refusing to lose right now. And believe it or not, we are running plays designed to win (opposed to plays designed to "not lose").

6. Demarco Murray's first bowl game that he will be playing. The HAMMER must feed. If you drop the ball, Travis Lewis will recover. If you run the ball, our defense will force you to fumble. If you throw the ball, Travis Lewis will catch it. If you blink, a freshmen named Stills will be in the endzone.

7. If you try a trick play, Stoops will shove the football up your ***.

This squad has something about it that is just different from the first half of the season. They were young, inexperienced, and possibly overrated. As of today, they have grown into a solid football team. Fresh faces are now seasoned players with 11 wins and a conference championship under their belt. They are not the same team that beat Utah St. by 7, AF by 3, Cincy by 2. They are a team that refused to fold after the A&M atrocity. They shook it off and lit up a good Baylor team in Waco, beat a top 10 team with the #1 offense in the nation in Stillwater (with Gameday), and came back from a 17-0 deficit to beat a hungry Nebraska team for a conference title.

So I say bring it UCONN. Bring your football team. Bring Edsall. Bring Auriemma and the women's bball team. Bring Jim Calhoun and the men's bball team. Bring your parkas, and bring your board shorts and flip-flops. Bring the entire state of Connecticut. You think Stoops won't motivate these guys to win a BCS bowl game and do something nobody on the team has ever done? You think our players NEED to be motivated by Stoops to want this game bad?

Bring it. We'll be ready for you. BOOMER!
Try Smith, Holmes, & Harris. Granger pulled his little coat stunt as well so we were down a DT, & English played that night with a broken leg & a major case of the flu.

Cornfed
12/6/2010, 02:33 PM

I hope OU rolls them by 6 or 7 TDs. Show everybody OU is taking this seriously.

I saw that OU is favored by 18, already.....

thats what I want a score like 63 to 10....:D

The
12/6/2010, 02:34 PM
This is what happens when you get the reputation for choking in bowl games.

picasso
12/6/2010, 02:41 PM

Yeah but we won last year.

And we beat a team that is really good this season. Folks have short, stupid memories.

The
12/6/2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah but we won last year.

And we beat a team that is really good this season. Folks have short, stupid memories.

Indeed.

But seriously, who cares about the Sun Bowl?

That loss to BSU inspired every pisspot school in the country against us.

You think the UCONN fans would be piping up like this if they had to go play Bama?

stoopified
12/6/2010, 02:46 PM
Too much talk before the bowls already.

Ratchet it down, practice, prepare, then destroy.

Talking is for after the game.That is very true.........for the coaches and players. We are fans ,talking is what we DO.

picasso
12/6/2010, 02:50 PM
Indeed.

You think the UCONN fans would be piping up like this if they had to go play Bama?

Sad but true. The reality is that the Boise team was probably pretty close to our '06 team in terms of talent.

I'm not so sure about the pending match up with Christmas in Connecticut.

The
12/6/2010, 02:52 PM
Sad but true. The reality is that the Boise team was probably pretty close to our '06 team in terms of talent.

I'm not so sure about the pending match up with Christmas in Connecticut.

We will kill Connecticut. Bad enough to **** off Lupica again.

EDIT: Wow... nice post filter....

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 02:52 PM
Indeed.

Bama did lose convincingly to Utah after an undefeated regular season. Oh, but now I remember - Bama didn't want to be there, so that doesn't count.

The
12/6/2010, 02:54 PM
Bama did lose convincingly to Utah after an undefeated regular season. Oh, but now I remember - Bama didn't want to be there, so that doesn't count.

See, I'd forgotten about that. And I even take this crap seriously.

soonerinkaty
12/6/2010, 09:37 PM
Oh dear I hope we learn to play physical football between now and then.

MamaMia
12/7/2010, 01:26 AM
By the end of the Bowl game, this time it will be our fans who'll be cheering for both teams. Sort of like what happened in TGOWWDNS. ;)

usaosooner
12/7/2010, 02:08 AM
See, I'd forgotten about that. And I even take this crap seriously.

ESPN doesn't air highlights of that year round... thats why you and the rest of the country forgets

BigJerm7
12/7/2010, 07:28 AM
The gap between football played in this part of the country vs. what's played in New England is so wide and deep as to defy imagination. The sport they play there looks like football...as played by slow people at a family reunion picnic.

+1.

I lived up there for 3 years while I was in the Coast Guard. What a miserable 3 years. That place is a dump. When I got out I never looked back. If I never go back I'll be perfectly OK with that. They're delusional when it comes to football. I remember going to one of their games, when they played in their high school sized stadium on campus. They were very unimpressive against Buffalo. Most of the people that I still talk to from there think that OU will kill them.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/7/2010, 09:00 AM
Q, what does boneyard mean?

reddfoxx
12/7/2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe we should have our players start lifting weights so we can have a chance against their physical style of play?

TUSooner
12/7/2010, 02:17 PM

Given our history of playing a compliant Goliath to a couple of snotty-nosed Davids (BSU and WVA) in recent Fiasco Bowls, I don't think we need to be talking too much smack to anybody from UConn. I damn-bloody-f***ing-well hope the players do all their talking on the field.

cleller
12/7/2010, 02:18 PM
Before the game is over U-Conn will be begging the Redcoats to intervene, and swearing loyalty to the Crown for safe passage back to New England.

SoonersEnFuego
12/7/2010, 03:01 PM
I was in Storrs, Connecticut in November staying at the Nathan Hale Inn. It was thursday night. All was calm. Several students were walking around campus (the hotel is in the middle of campus) and just kicking it like a normal evening. I get up to my room, turn on the TV, flip it to ESPN. Wow, UConn is playing football on Thurdsday... what a coincidence! Where are they playing?? In Storrs!!?? WTH. How did I come here and not know that? How did I spend all freaking day on campus and not know that?

Simple...

They don't give a s**t about football there. All they care about is their women's basketball. It's like this alternate earth up there...

OUNC06
12/7/2010, 03:45 PM
Indeed.

Bama got stomped by the mighty Utah Utes the year before winning the National Championship. It's not like Utah lucked into the win. They killed Bama.

I just read the rest of the thread and now realize this bit of information has already been posted.

The
12/7/2010, 03:48 PM
Bama got stomped by the mighty Utah Utes the year before winning the National Championship. It's not like Utah lucked into the win. They killed Bama.

I just read the rest of the thread and now realize this bit of information has already been posted.

Yeah, but it's perception I'm talking about.

Bama lost once. We have debates about whether or not bowl games are Exhibition games or not.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2010, 04:23 PM
Try Smith, Holmes, & Harris. Granger pulled his little coat stunt as well so we were down a DT, & English played that night with a broken leg & a major case of the flu.

I remember a lot of guys taking that night off with dubious "injuries" (looking at you MK and RS). I remember Lofton and Sam B playing their asses off. Is it any wonder the latter 2 are top notch pros and some of the others not so much?

uconn1818
12/7/2010, 04:31 PM
I was in Storrs, Connecticut in November staying at the Nathan Hale Inn. It was thursday night. All was calm. Several students were walking around campus (the hotel is in the middle of campus) and just kicking it like a normal evening. I get up to my room, turn on the TV, flip it to ESPN. Wow, UConn is playing football on Thurdsday... what a coincidence! Where are they playing?? In Storrs!!?? WTH. How did I come here and not know that? How did I spend all freaking day on campus and not know that?

Simple...

They don't give a s**t about football there. All they care about is their women's basketball. It's like this alternate earth up there...

Just a heads up - there is no football stadium in Storrs. They play at a stadium about 35 minutes south of the campus and it's a pain in the @ss to get to.
I'm not going to bash what you said though because your right - for the most part. Football has been a division 1-A sport for less than 10 years here. The fan base is building pretty steadily buts it's about 1/100th of what you are used to. I'm a fairly recent graduate and season ticket holder and I've had friends that went to "football schools" and got to travel and see gamedays in Columbus, Austin, and Gainesville. That fan base is a whole different level. Most of our fans are more excited about the tailgate and even were called out in the main newspaper in CT by the headcoach because the crowd usually strolls in at the end of the 1st quarter (I don't blame the fans so much on this though, they open the gates to tailgate at 9am for a noon game, they leave you no time to park and setup, football schools would consider this a joke. We would love to be out there as early as possible and be able to enjoy the tailgate and make it in before kickoff)
I'm going to the game in AZ but pretty pissed that Uconn is doing nothing in the way of ticket packages or travel packages for their fans. It's going to be about $800 round trip just to fly out there. To be honest I was praying we wound up in the Orange bowl. It's about $150 to fly to Miami round trip.

As for the game, The expectations of this years team was to win the big east - the early season losses almost doomed the team but it was great to see them bounce back especially with the expectations. Uconn does have some talent but nowhere near the depth of talent OU has. You will see a few UCONN players go to the show next year and its steadily rising every year. OU sends like 8-10 guys a year to the NFL. Uconn has NFL talent on it's offensive line and in it's backfield. But they haven't faced a team that has NFL talent on it's defense. Also with OU's passing attack Uconn could be in some major trouble if they can't control the clock.

In my opinion the spread is about right, 17-18 points is the difference between these two teams with them both playing as well as their capable. But I think Uconn may get caught up in the moment and this could be a lopsided disaster for them.

Also - we know our women's basketball team is nasty but nobody cares about that either. People in CT love the Yankees or Red Sox, the Giants or Jets or Pats and Uconn Mens Basketball. The way you guys are passionate for college football is how we are for baseball and the NFL. I was sent to Atlanta for my first year out of school and was golfing with some guys from that area who wouldn't stop talking about Georgia Football, and it was in May. I asked them who the Braves were playing and they laughed...I said - "It's not college football season, it's baseball season" - their response - "It's always college football season down here son". Well - it's always baseball season up here in New England.

Anyways - enjoy the game, you aren't going to find many @sshole Uconn football fans especially those shelling out the cash to make the trip to AZ. Hopefully we make this game closer than everyone seems to think.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2010, 04:32 PM
thanks for joining up

budbarrybob
12/7/2010, 04:42 PM
nice post 1818

GL and I hope you can look forward to "opening day" by the end of the 2nd Q :D

cleller
12/7/2010, 04:47 PM
Mr. UConn1818:

Sorry about the Redcoats comment. Some of my best friends fought in the Continental Army.

uconn1818
12/7/2010, 04:52 PM
Also - Marcus Dupree - ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary was a great show...you guys may not have enjoyed it so much but I had never heard of the guy before watching it.

uconn1818
12/7/2010, 04:58 PM
Mr. UConn1818:

Sorry about the Redcoats comment. Some of my best friends fought in the Continental Army.

No worries - ironically my high school mascot was the Redcoat.

sooner59
12/7/2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for showing up 1818, stick around a while. We don't mind chatting it up with fans of other teams as long as they don't doosh up the place. You seem ok to me.

Soonerntxs
12/7/2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome uconn1818!

OU FOOTBALL & XES are my only sports I get one, once a week for 5-6 months and the other once a month for 5-6 years, so it all works out!

I hope you have many laughs on here and just enjoy the group!

BTW, I think the 17-18 pt. thing is way off!

I see a 57-6 SCOREBOARD

swardboy
12/7/2010, 05:19 PM
I smell a message board jihad due after we asswhip them...

OUNC06
12/7/2010, 05:24 PM
Welcome uconn1818!

OU FOOTBALL & XES are my only sports I get one, once a week for 5-6 months and the other once a month for 5-6 years, so it all works out!

I hope you have many laughs on here and just enjoy the group!

BTW, I think the 17-18 pt. thing is way off!

I see a 57-6 SCOREBOARD

UCONN utilizes ball control and plays good defense. We need to force multiple 3 and outs or get turnovers to get the score over 35. I see us winning 31-10.

SoonerMom2
12/7/2010, 05:25 PM
We spent nine months in MA when my husband was on an Industry assignment for the AF. Lived in the middle of nowhere so we had to watch CT TV -- have a total dislike for anything from New England or the Upper East Coast including Upstate NY. Rudest people I have ever known came from New England. Want to pound CT into the ground plus in-laws are Big East fans (Syracuse). Want the Sooners to break the record for the most points scored in the Fiesta Bowl! :)

OUNC06
12/7/2010, 05:50 PM
We spent nine months in MA when my husband was on an Industry assignment for the AF. Lived in the middle of nowhere so we had to watch CT TV -- have a total dislike for anything from New England or the Upper East Coast including Upstate NY. Rudest people I have ever known came from New England. Want to pound CT into the ground plus in-laws are Big East fans (Syracuse). Want the Sooners to break the record for the most points scored in the Fiesta Bowl! :)

What is funny about Syracuse is their best team ever with Donovan McNabb lost to our worst team every with John Blake. Demond Parker had a great day and Donovan McNabb vomitted all over himself (literally)

I Am Right
12/7/2010, 07:03 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6842799

That's the only argument they have?

Wow, what can I say!

jumperstop
12/7/2010, 07:16 PM
To be honest I was praying we wound up in the Orange bowl.

To be honest, I was praying you guys would go there too.

AlboSooner
12/7/2010, 07:30 PM
Everywhere I see, everybody at OU has this game circled. It's not going to translate well for UCONN.

slh1234
12/7/2010, 07:35 PM
Oh, but we only beat Cincy by 2!

**** me its pissing me off.

You have to admit, OU only beat Cincy by 2. I would expect UConn fans to point to that the same way a lot of OU fans point to whatever struggle our opponents had.

If they're expecting to play the same team that showed up against Cincy, then they're going to get a shock (I hope).

I love it when the opponent's fans love their team. Unfortunately, I don't know any UConn fans to invite over to watch the game with me. I'd love to get into the smack talk with them! If OU got up on them by double digits I'd have to ask them constantly what they thought about that team that only beat Cincy by 2 :). I'd love to ask them about "touch football" after some of the hits like I've seen OU lay on poeple this year :).

I don't know. I don't understand getting pissed about it. It just presents opportunity to "remind" them when the time is right :)

85sooners
12/7/2010, 07:48 PM
Phuck the huskies let's pound them!!!!!!

SapulpaSooner
12/7/2010, 08:15 PM
They talk crap About OU wining @ Cincinnati by 2 that same Cincinnati team that won @ Louisville 35 to 27 and Connecticut lost @ Louisville 26 to 0

slh1234
12/7/2010, 08:18 PM
They talk crap About OU wining @ Cincinnati by 2 that same Cincinnati team that won @ Louisville 35 to 27 and Connecticut lost @ Louisville 26 to 0

Transitive property of football!

You could educate them on that. I think that's what they're trying to use, but obviously don't know how. :)

btb916
12/7/2010, 08:32 PM
If they're expecting to play the same team that showed up against Cincy, then they're going to get a shock (I hope).

Well, it's the end of the season and we only beat Nebraska by 3, so we've only improved by the slimmest of margins. They do have a point. :D

To uconn1818, mind giving us a little breakdown of the NFL talent on the offensive line? Obviously there is some great talent there, and at running back, to have such big rushing numbers.

BigRed47
12/7/2010, 09:30 PM

Our total D rank being 58th, we played teams that possessed a total offense average of 46!

And no, I did not count the D2 opponents that each team faced. It should also be noted that uconn played FOUR teams whose total offense ranking was triple digits. They have played one really good offense all year. If they hadn't played meatchicken for somebody middle of the road, offensively, that 79 ranking would be somewhere around 90.

I also looked at the quality of defenses that both teams have faced. Evidently they play really good D over there in the Big East. UConn faced the 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th and 21st rated defenses. Now maybe those defenses are high because the offenses in the Big East suxk. The average of the defense they faced were 39. And that includes Michigans defense which came in at 108. Now the average yardage given up of the defenses they faced was 340 yards. UConn averaged 314 yards a game, a minus 26

OU faced the #7 and #10 defenses in Texas and Nebraska. The next highest defense was FSU at #41. The average of the defenses OU faced was 64 and the average yardage was 379 yards. OU averaged 478 yards a game for a plus 99 yards.

Now here is the real reason UConn finished the season with 5 wins in a row. In their first 7 games in which they were 3-4 they were -3 in turnovers. I don't count the game against Fla. Southern in any of their stats. In the last 5 games they were +12. OU during their 4 game win streak was just a +2. UConn was +9 for the season while OU was +11.

If UConn can be a +3 or better against OU then they have a chance at winning. I think that will be their strategy, create turnovers.

GKeeper316
12/7/2010, 09:42 PM
east coast vacuum...

SoonerOX
12/7/2010, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=uconn1818;3074049]

Thanks for stopping in!

Scott D
12/10/2010, 12:16 PM
What is funny about Syracuse is their best team ever with Donovan McNabb lost to our worst team every with John Blake. Demond Parker had a great day and Donovan McNabb vomitted all over himself (literally)

i'd wager that some of those teams with either Jim Brown or Ernie Davis were better than any of the McNabb teams.

ultimatesooner1
12/10/2010, 04:50 PM
time to give the stupid yankees the *** kicking they deserve

texas bandman
12/10/2010, 04:57 PM

LOL - good one!

texas bandman
12/10/2010, 05:03 PM
If I remember correctly didn't Bama lose to Utah? :confused:

Guess I should read the entire thread before posting.

Okie35
12/10/2010, 05:05 PM
If I remember correctly didn't Bama lose to Utah? :confused:

They lost because they didn't want to be there. Their all american offensive lineman (Andre Smith) got suspended a week before and Saban rumors were flying. They had a lot of distractions. That suspension took its toll when Utah's DE and LB was racking up sacks left and right that game on the side Andre Smith was supposed to be at. They had a freshman there and he was getting killed.

instigator
12/13/2010, 10:58 AM
Anyways - enjoy the game, you aren't going to find many @sshole Uconn football fans especially those shelling out the cash to make the trip to AZ. Hopefully we make this game closer than everyone seems to think.

Welcome to the board! Hope to see you in PHX.

TheLadiesMike
12/13/2010, 11:00 AM
Indeed.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=290020333

ouengineer97
12/13/2010, 11:03 AM
They lost because they didn't want to be there. Their all american offensive lineman (Andre Smith) got suspended a week before and Saban rumors were flying. They had a lot of distractions. That suspension took its toll when Utah's DE and LB was racking up sacks left and right that game on the side Andre Smith was supposed to be at. They had a freshman there and he was getting killed.

Keep in mind that Utah was likely a much better team than this UCONN team, and really wanted to prove a point. UCONN just seems "glad to be there".

PDXsooner
12/13/2010, 11:40 AM
Why do fans feel the need to go onto other team's boards and try to intimidate them by telling them how great you are? What a gay concept. I mean, the teams are gonna play, it's not like either side is going to go "ok, ok you win, you're great."

Exchanging information on each team - fine, I get it. But I just don't get the "Our linebackers are going to shut down your run game, they're much too fast for you, blah blah blah"..."Our receivers are too big for your corners blah blah blah". What a waste of time.

sooneron
12/13/2010, 11:54 AM
I also looked at the quality of defenses that both teams have faced. Evidently they play really good D over there in the Big East. UConn faced the 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th and 21st rated defenses. Now maybe those defenses are high because the offenses in the Big East suxk. The average of the defense they faced were 39. And that includes Michigans defense which came in at 108. Now the average yardage given up of the defenses they faced was 340 yards. UConn averaged 314 yards a game, a minus 26

OU faced the #7 and #10 defenses in Texas and Nebraska. The next highest defense was FSU at #41. The average of the defenses OU faced was 64 and the average yardage was 379 yards. OU averaged 478 yards a game for a plus 99 yards.

Now here is the real reason UConn finished the season with 5 wins in a row. In their first 7 games in which they were 3-4 they were -3 in turnovers. I don't count the game against Fla. Southern in any of their stats. In the last 5 games they were +12. OU during their 4 game win streak was just a +2. UConn was +9 for the season while OU was +11.

If UConn can be a +3 or better against OU then they have a chance at winning. I think that will be their strategy, create turnovers.
I think most of the D rankings in the Big lEast can be attributed to some very weak offenses. Yes, UConn has a good defense, but the conference is horrific on an offensive level. Believe me, I live in BE country. Gone are the years of Petrino's Vile teams, USF and Kelly's Cincy teams. Hell, even Butgers had a good O when Rice was there. Now, they suck. I've watched too many games with inept offenses up here. * would have nice numbers up here, offensively.

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:01 PM
Connecticut has played a lot of crappy Offense this year, here they are ranked in total offense:

Connecticut:#96
Michigan: #6 (The only good one they played)
Texas Southern: #...Don't have a #
Temple: #90
Buffalo: #111
Vanderbilt: #110
Rutgers: #114
Louisville: #65 (HA!)
West Virginia: #64
Pittsburgh: #73
Syracuse: #106
South Florida: #103

So as you can see, their defense should be fairly good compared to all these not so good offenses.

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2010, 12:10 PM

Bama seems to always get a pass because "they didn't want to be there". Okay, I claim OU gets a pass against Boise because we *clearly* didn't want to play that opponent. And we didn't want to be there against WVU because we were in the mix of 2 loss teams to play in the title game and had just beat #1 Mizzou in the CCG and yet LSU got the nod (didn't lose in regulation). So those 2 games *didn't count* because we didn't want to be there. And yes, losing Andre Smith hurt Bama - but didn't losing DM, MK, Reggie Smith, Holmes, Granger hurt OU in '07? We get a major pass there. Saban rumors flying? Now which year have Stoops rumors not been flying?

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:13 PM
Bama seems to always get a pass because "they didn't want to be there". Okay, I claim OU gets a pass against Boise because we *clearly* didn't want to play that opponent. And we didn't want to be there against WVU because we were in the mix of 2 loss teams to play in the title game and had just beat #1 Mizzou in the CCG and yet LSU got the nod (didn't lose in regulation). So those 2 games *didn't count* because we didn't want to be there. And yes, losing Andre Smith hurt Bama - but didn't losing DM, MK, Reggie Smith, Holmes, Granger hurt OU in '07? We get a major pass there. Saban rumors flying? Now which year have Stoops rumors not been flying?

Living in Alabama (obviously) I got so tired of hearing Alabama fans talking about how, oh it's ok, we didn't want to be there. I watched the game and you could tell they didn't want to be there. They still could have won that game.

PDXsooner
12/13/2010, 12:15 PM
"Didn't want to be there" -- NEVER is this a valid excuse. Ever.

Alabama's 2009 Sugar Bowl appearance WAS THEIR FIRST BCS BOWL IN 10 YEARS!!!! How in the hell did they "not want to be there"?

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:21 PM
"Didn't want to be there" -- NEVER is this a valid excuse. Ever.

Alabama's 2009 Sugar Bowl appearance WAS THEIR FIRST BCS BOWL IN 10 YEARS!!!! How in the hell did they "not want to be there"?

They were upset because they had lost to Florida in the CCG. That's what I kept hearing.

Scott D
12/13/2010, 12:23 PM
Boise beat the 2nd worst team in the Bob Stoops era..big whoop. Granted, the third worst team in the Bob Stoops era beat Oregon in the Holiday Bowl.

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2010, 12:28 PM
They were upset because they had lost to Florida in the CCG. That's what I kept hearing.

I respect you as a fan for accepting a loss as a loss. It's human nature to rationalize why things happen that we don't want to happen, but my cynical post stems from it seemingly accepted that Bama sleep walked that game. I never hear that for OU - just 2 more L's in Stoops' BCS W/L column. Bottom line is a team doesn't get over losing a game by losing the next one and they all count.

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:31 PM
I respect you as a fan for accepting a loss as a loss. It's human nature to rationalize why things happen that we don't want to happen, but my cynical post stems from it seemingly accepted that Bama sleep walked that game. I never hear that for OU - just 2 more L's in Stoops' BCS W/L column. Bottom line is a team doesn't get over losing a game by losing the next one and they all count.

You don't think I'm a Bama fan do you? Maybe I just misread your post.

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2010, 12:41 PM
You don't think I'm a Bama fan do you? Maybe I just misread your post.

No, I'm saying I respect you as a Bama fan for accepting that your team lost to Utah fair and square and not claiming "they didn't want to be there" as a valid excuse.

EDIT: yes I thought you were a Bama fan. Sorry.

85sooners
12/13/2010, 12:47 PM
:O

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:47 PM
No, I'm saying I respect you as a Bama fan for accepting that your team lost to Utah fair and square and not claiming "they didn't want to be there" as a valid excuse.

EDIT: yes I thought you were a Bama fan. Sorry.

No problem. But you're right, they lost to Utah fair and square. Just like they lost to Spurrier, Miles and "That other guy from Auburn."