Dwight update your conference titles, need 2010!!!:D

Right you are

PalmBeachSooner
12/5/2010, 11:01 PM
DM7 is going to be missed...a lot.

Dwight
12/5/2010, 11:02 PM
Broyles will be back? :eek:

I think so. I'm semi-hoping for an NFL lockout so Lewis and Broyles will definitely return (although that means no fantasy football :( )

rekamrettuB
12/5/2010, 11:09 PM
I think so. I'm semi-hoping for an NFL lockout so Lewis and Broyles will definitely return (although that means no fantasy football :( )

And no money for guys like Murray and Beal who played their guts out for thei university. It's a catch 22. Good for the school, bad for the Sr's.

westbrooke
12/5/2010, 11:09 PM
Broyles has previously indicated he's coming back. Not a binding declaration, of course, and he's backed off a bit, but it's something. Link. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/11/03/ryan-broyles-not-sure-about-future-after-this-season/)

Dwight, you told us what bold, italics, and underline mean, but what about the red, all-caps, and exclamation points? ;)

The future's looking good.

anglachel
12/5/2010, 11:13 PM
R. Lewis should be a returning starter at DE. My understanding is that is a permanent move.

TheMind__Gap
12/5/2010, 11:14 PM
remove the kickers and it looks pretty good :D

I know right! It's not like he kicked the game winning field goal in the championship game last night or anything.

Bravo fellow poster.

Bravo...

Dwight
12/5/2010, 11:15 PM
Broyles has previously indicated he's coming back. Not a binding declaration, of course, and he's backed off a bit, but it's something. Link. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/11/03/ryan-broyles-not-sure-about-future-after-this-season/)

Dwight, you told us what bold, italics, and underline mean, but what about the red, all-caps, and exclamation points? ;)

The future's looking good.

IDK, I heard he made a few plays this year……...

soonercastor
12/5/2010, 11:17 PM
Lockout will not affect the status of juniors, because they have a deadline to declare eligibility; and the NFL has said the lockout would be after the NFL draft. And secondly, a lockout does not necessarily make it more likely for juniors to return because one of the resolutions after the lockout will be a rookie salary cap.

Widescreen
12/5/2010, 11:21 PM
I sure hope Broyles and T. Lewis both come back. Next year's team looks very good on paper.

We definitely will miss Murray, Beal, Nelson and Carter.

Therealsouthsider
12/5/2010, 11:36 PM
Gee... I hope we stay healthy at the qb position as we apparently only have one

VA Sooner
12/5/2010, 11:39 PM
Looking good for next year. Doubt Travis Lewis is back unless there's a lockout.

Ground_Attack
12/5/2010, 11:45 PM
I know right! It's not like he kicked the game winning field goal in the championship game last night or anything.

Bravo fellow poster.

Bravo...

lol...yeah, and he barely backed up from an extra point. The yardage on his made kicks the past two games are: 29,24,31,26,26,20,27. Missed: 24.

A typical XP is ~20 yards. Sure, he made most of the kicks he was tasked with and I commend him for that. However, he is not even a SOLID D-1 kicker in my opinion. Kathy Ireland could make FGs from that distance. Again, kudos for the kid for making the kicks when he had to but lets not act like he is Vinatieri out there!

Boomer38Sooner
12/5/2010, 11:52 PM
At the game I saw Marcus Trice doing some warm ups at slot receiver? Any word on a possible position change?

Dwight
12/5/2010, 11:54 PM
Gee... I hope we stay healthy at the qb position as we apparently only have one

lol my bad. Blake Bell- Elite 11. Kendal Thompson- Elite 11. Archie Bradley- Elite 11.

Stacked at QB for the next 4-5 years I'd say

SanJoaquinSooner
12/5/2010, 11:57 PM
How much eligibility does Kathy Ireland have left?

Ground_Attack
12/6/2010, 12:00 AM
as far as I know she only used 1 year.

CatfishSooner
12/6/2010, 12:03 AM
How much eligibility does Kathy Ireland have left?

2 ... she's a Red-shirt Sophomore...

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 12:21 AM
lol...yeah, and he barely backed up from an extra point. The yardage on his made kicks the past two games are: 29,24,31,26,26,20,27. Missed: 24.

A typical XP is ~20 yards. Sure, he made most of the kicks he was tasked with and I commend him for that. However, he is not even a SOLID D-1 kicker in my opinion. Kathy Ireland could make FGs from that distance. Again, kudos for the kid for making the kicks when he had to but lets not act like he is Vinatieri out there!

Jimmy Stevens is a man amongst boys. And you sir, are just a buzzkill covered in a wet blanket. :P :P :P :P

Joe
12/6/2010, 12:52 AM
Austin Box should be bolded.

gaylordfan1
12/6/2010, 04:14 AM
At the game I saw Marcus Trice doing some warm ups at slot receiver? Any word on a possible position change?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if they were setting up a gimmick play or messin with Bo's mind. I wouldn't think we would move him seeing that we are losing our two safeties. J. Harris looked stout backing up Nelson. I'm wondering if we leave Jefferson at his hybrid position or move him back to safety where he was recruited.

SOFSooner
12/6/2010, 04:25 AM
Austin Box was a starter before injury at the beginning of the season, and started the last three games. His name should be in bold letters. Great game for defense Saturday, worth staying up until 0800 in the morning.

pappy
12/6/2010, 07:07 AM
Definitely loaded should be a fun season.

rekamrettuB
12/6/2010, 09:37 AM
Lockout will not affect the status of juniors, because they have a deadline to declare eligibility; and the NFL has said the lockout would be after the NFL draft. And secondly, a lockout does not necessarily make it more likely for juniors to return because one of the resolutions after the lockout will be a rookie salary cap.

It will affect the decision of some of these Jrs who might be on the fence. No matter when it happens the Jrs are going to base their decision off the likelihood of the lockout. At least when they are in college they get a dorm room.

Sooners78
12/6/2010, 10:15 AM
R. Lewis should be a returning starter at DE. My understanding is that is a permanent move.

Definitely. He was a weak link @ LB, but a force at DE where we really needed help.

OUmillenium
12/6/2010, 10:17 AM
Ratteree?

soonerfan28
12/6/2010, 11:31 AM
Ratteree?

He's a junior but I'm anxious to see what Austin Haywood can do.

kelloggOUballa
12/6/2010, 11:44 AM
lol my bad. Blake Bell- Elite 11. Kendal Thompson- Elite 11. Archie Bradley- Elite 11.

Stacked at QB for the next 4-5 years I'd say

Hey now, Drew Allen doesn't like you discriminating between Elite 11's and non-Elite 11's. :D

SoonerNutt
12/6/2010, 11:58 AM

Bravo fellow poster.

Bravo...

Jimmy Stevens 2010

FG 17/21 81%
1-29 9/10
30-39 6-8
40-49 2-3

XP 47/47 100%

These are not the numbers of an inept kicker. Plus, the last 3 games = 10/11. He has been as big a factor as anybody in scraping out a championship this year.

His only weakness is leg strength. We aren't trying anything in the 50+ range with him, but I've grown very comfortable with him as an accurate kicker within his range. His numbers don't lie.

fwsooner22
12/6/2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah but take a look at the awesome list of UT's returning studs;

1)

agoo758
12/6/2010, 12:19 PM
Broyles will be back? :eek:

I say lockout or no lockout, he'll probably return considering that he still has some room to imporve his draft stock.

sperry
12/6/2010, 12:30 PM
A lockout will get resolved if they have one. You read these articles about NFL players being broke, and it's true. They simply cannot afford to not play. The NFL will play replacement players, players will cross the picket lines, and the NFLPA will be forsed to capitulate, just like in '87. A bunch of frugal billionaires are going to win out over a bunch of idiot jocks who spend money faster than they make it.

Lewis is as good as gone. He wanted to leave last year, but didn't have a great season so he cae back. This year, he had a great year. I don't have a good read on Broyles. His draft stock is as high as it's going to get, but he has a shot at national records and awards, and maybe he just enjoys college.

In any case, the roster will still be absolutely loaded. Kenny Stills is ready to blow up as an absolute superstar if Ryan decides to leave, and we've plugged one superstar after another into Lewis' position.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 12:33 PM
bold= returning starter
italic= significant PT
underline= superfrosh

QB- Landry Jones
HB- Roy Finch, Brennan Clay, Jermie Calhoun, Jonathan Miller, Brandon Williams
FB- Trey Millard
WR- Ryan Broyles, Kenny Stills, Dejuan Miller, Trey Franks, Trey Metoyer
TE- James Hanna
OL- Stephenson, Ikard, Habern, Evans, Jones, Good

DE- Frank Alexander
DT- Jamarkus McFarland, Stacy McGee,
LB- Travis Lewis, Tom Wort, Ronnell Lewis, Austin Box, Joseph Ibiloye
CB- Jamell Fleming, Demontre Hurst
S- TONY JEFFERSON!!!!!!!!!
K- Jimmy Stevens/Patty O'Hara
P- Tress Way

Next year will be amazing.

Add a couple more to defensive depth:

DE- David King
DT- Casey Walker, Daniel Noble
LB- Corey Nelson
CB- Marcus Trice, Gabe Lynn
S- Sam Proctor, Javon Harris

That's the thing. Next year we not only have talented starters coming back, but the depth that was developed this year is pretty outstanding.

One other note: on O-line you didn't mention a lot more than those that had extensive playing experience, but I think the staff is pretty secure with the "at the ready" depth that Austin Woods, Bronsin Irwin, and Josh Aladenoye (expected R OT starter) provide. And Shead, Daryl Williams, and Tyrus Thompson already appeared to have pretty mature size (big without being grossly overweight.) So who knows what they might bring to the table.

Yes indeed. Next year has a ton of potential to be really special.

I said at the begining of this year that I thought we were good for one or two losses because of the youth, but still be in position to compete for a Big XII Championship (as did a lot of people.) And we should be thrilled that it came together.

And unless something really unforeseen bites us, there is no reason to believe that this cast can't go undefeated next year.

NorCal Sooner
12/6/2010, 01:20 PM
IMHO, Broyles and Lewis are gone, lockout or not. As a previous poster said, the lockout will come after the NFL draft. I don't think coming back for a year is going to move their draft position much higher, and they will not want to risk injury. If a lockout does happen they can just wait it out with the knowlege that they have already been drafted.

LRoss
12/6/2010, 01:31 PM
bold= returning starter
italic= significant PT
underline= superfrosh

QB- Landry Jones
HB- Roy Finch, Brennan Clay, Jermie Calhoun, Jonathan Miller, Brandon Williams
FB- Trey Millard
WR- Ryan Broyles, Kenny Stills, Dejuan Miller, Trey Franks, Trey Metoyer
TE- James Hanna
OL- Stephenson, Ikard, Habern, Evans, Jones, Good

DE- Frank Alexander
DT- Jamarkus McFarland, Stacy McGee
LB- Travis Lewis, Tom Wort, Ronnell Lewis, Austin Box, Joseph Ibiloye
CB- Jamell Fleming, Demontre Hurst
S- TONY JEFFERSON!!!!!!!!!
K- Jimmy Stevens/Patty O'Hara
P- Tress Way

Next year will be amazing.

I don't know, there are a lot of good players there, but I think the defense will struggle with only 1 end and 1 safety. That's a real handicap -- just looking at the depth chart here, the coaches might be forced to move O'Hara to the d-line. He'll have to bulk up.

In all seriousness, I'd be very surprised to see either Broyles or Lewis back -- they're ready. That said, it still looks like a VERY good team, and if one or both of them DO come back -- WOW!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 01:50 PM
I don't know... obviously would like to see both back. Broyles had already stated he thought he would be back, then backed away from that comment. And it sure looked to me like T. Lewis was celebrating as if he'd seen it all and done it all, but he did have the comment that he was glad for the performance he had in the Big XII Championship, as he didn't think he played up to his capability for much of the season. So maybe he's sayin' there's a chance.

But I disagree with most, I think another year would improve both's draft status. Broyles could stand one more year of physical development and get just a little bigger, and T. Lewis could improve his consistency. JMO...

EDIT: Also, with what will be a new CBA, improving one's draft status probably got even more important...

NormanPride
12/6/2010, 02:38 PM
I'm glad we get Hanna, Alexander, and Fleming back. They're all guys that were about a year away from having monster seasons. Ronnell is getting there as well!

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 02:42 PM
I don't see the potential NFL lockout as being a real factor in player decisions to declare early. I hope the excitement over the potential of next years squad at least tempts Broyles/Lewis to stick around for a title run.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/6/2010, 05:47 PM
It all looks and sounds great, but let's not get giddy. Think about 2009 with a Heisman Trophy Winning QB, and All-American tight end, and a stud middle linebacker Ryan Reynolds set to play.

Then there were injuries to OL Brian Simmons, DL Auston English, and DeMarco Murray. I think we lost a few centers too.

Lots can happen.

oudavid1
12/6/2010, 05:50 PM
I think Broyles could go right away, i dont feel i know enough about Linebackers to know if Travis is good to go. But Stoops always says that if you are not a first or second round guy than you shouldnt go.

bmjlr
12/6/2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah but take a look at the awesome list of UT's returning studs;

1)

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!! :D

htownsooner7
12/6/2010, 06:12 PM
I would add Casey Walker at DT and Aaron Colvin at CB as having significant playing time.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 06:13 PM
It all looks and sounds great, but let's not get giddy. Think about 2009 with a Heisman Trophy Winning QB, and All-American tight end, and a stud middle linebacker Ryan Reynolds set to play.

Then there were injuries to OL Brian Simmons, DL Auston English, and DeMarco Murray. I think we lost a few centers too.

Lots can happen.

Ok....lemme think about it....

Nope. Still giddy.

I hear what you are saying, but listen to me again. What we have going into next year in addition to the great starting lineup is quality experienced depth. Last year ('09) we didn't have much at all. It was a pretty increadible the job the staff did to cobble things together.

I think it's been established I am not a huge sunshine pumper. At the same time I don't get real negative either; rather, I think I am a realist.

And there is every reason to be as excited about this returning group as '01, '04, and '08. And really, I think maybe even more. This upcoming season seems to have all the pieces that maybe one of those others was missing. Those years seemed to be dominant on one side of the ball or the other, or not returning ('01) a veteran QB.

'11 looks like we should have all the pieces. Yes, even kicker. Jimmy has been consistent the back half of the season, and now they'll start applying that to his range, and we'll be in good shape there.

Yes, a lot can happen. But it's great to be a Sooner at the table with the current place setting and what Bob's whippin' up in the kitchen.

Can you smell it? Mmmmmmm. Smells good. Makes me all giddy inside...