PDA

View Full Version : Auburn or oregon?

cantwait48
12/5/2010, 07:01 PM
who do you think will win? Looks like a pretty good matchup. I think Auburn wins a high scoring close one.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 07:03 PM
Ppl will think it will be high scoring but I highly doubt it.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 07:04 PM
Auburn is a team of destiny. However I wish they both could lose somehow.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 07:04 PM
I think this is really going to be an interesting game. Both teams this year have been really good second half teams, even in the times where they didn't start well. They do a lot of similar things.

It'll be very interesting to watch.

It's going to be hard to pull for either team, though. It'll probably be a game time decision who I'll be pulling for, and I think even if I try to choose with my head, I'll find my heart pulling a different direction during the game. I suspect it will come down to me really not wanting to see an SEC team win again.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 07:05 PM

I'd have to actually agree w/ that about them both losing. The destiny part however is to be stripped of their MNC and Heisman in less than 3 years.

silverwheels
Until Team SEC loses in the BCS title game, I can't pick against them (unless it was OU). But I hope Oregon wins.

missann
Auburn. I haven't seen as much of Oregon, but it seems they can be held in check by a balanced team.

ousooners182
12/5/2010, 07:06 PM
ive got oregon pulling out a close one maybe 31 27 or somewhere around there...i think thats just me not wanting the sec to win another title though

AlboSooner
12/5/2010, 07:07 PM
Auburn has torched better defenses and seems more tested than Oregon. I think Auburn D has enough to give their O the ball one more time than Oregon.

sooner518
12/5/2010, 07:08 PM
i think Auburn will win. I want Oregon to win.

Id rather see Cam Newton lose in January than in 3 years when the NCAA finally drops the inevitable hammer on Auburn.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 07:09 PM
Oregon is a small but fast team I think once they get hit hard it will slow them down similar to last year against Ohio State. While I don't want another SEC team to win a title because of some of their ignorant fans, Auburn not being favored isn't helping Oregon. In this case I think power will overcome speed.

Sooner in the Bluegrass
12/5/2010, 07:10 PM

This year might turn out to be as close as it gets to that eventuality-- Auburn wins, but then they're forced to vacate everything when the NCAA hammer falls on them due to the Newton business.*

Win-win. Or lose-lose, as it were.

*Yeah, I know innocent until proven guilty, etc., and it's been debated ad nauseam, but this is at least a possibility, if not a probability.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 07:11 PM
I'm with on the SEC thing - would love to have someone else win it. But I'd take Auburn if it were played next week. I think UO has been in a mini-slump ever since the Washington game. Kudos to the ducks for winning anyway, but they have not been as dominant as they were through the first 8 games. They do have 5 weeks to scheme and try to find the magic again as where I don't see Auburn playing much better than they are now.

ouwasp
12/5/2010, 07:16 PM
be kinda funny to see Oregon win (or lose) on a terribly poor call...

slh1234
12/5/2010, 07:18 PM
I'm with on the SEC thing - would love to have someone else win it. But I'd take Auburn if it were played next week. I think UO has been in a mini-slump ever since the Washington game. Kudos to the ducks for winning anyway, but they have not been as dominant as they were through the first 8 games. They do have 5 weeks to scheme and try to find the magic again as where I don't see Auburn playing much better than they are now.

I'd love to have that called a slump: http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2483/oregon-ducks

:)

The Cal game was wierd. It seemed like Cal had an "Injured" player every time they needed to change personnel on the field. :)

rekamrettuB
12/5/2010, 07:21 PM
I will just tune in at the start of the 3rd qtr. Should be a great, great 2nd half.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 07:23 PM
I will just tune in at the start of the 3rd qtr. Should be a great, great 2nd half.

That's pretty much what I think :).

soonercastor
12/5/2010, 07:26 PM
SEC Vs Oregon. Wish they could somehow both lose. I would be pulling for Auburn, but they just happen to be in the SEC. I HATE OREGON

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 07:31 PM
I'd love to have that called a slump: http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2483/oregon-ducks

:)

The Cal game was wierd. It seemed like Cal had an "Injured" player every time they needed to change personnel on the field. :)

I'm going by the eye test and I've watched many of their games. They played poorly in the first half against Washington, the whole game against Cal, the 1st half against Arizona and were pretty even yesterday in the first. For the most part these are *bad* teams. Arizona was decent early this year but is on a 4 or 5 games losing streak now. I would like to see UO win, but the coaches have their jobs cut out for them. I think OU would have been a stout test for them the last few games and I would take Stanford over UO in a rematch *today*. But a lot can happen in 5 weeks and I hope it goes well for the ducks.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/5/2010, 07:38 PM
Auburn! Not even close.

I will never forgive "The Replay" and how the Duck fans acted like they earned that tainted "W".

I wish the UO campus would slide into the Pacific.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 07:41 PM
I wish the UO campus would slide into the Pacific.

That's a long slide: About 70 miles of mountains and National Forest :).

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/5/2010, 08:26 PM
That's a long slide: About 70 miles of mountains and National Forest :).

Uh, well. Maybe that's a bit excessive. Localized earthquake on the football complex maybe? Is that too much to ask?

ouduckhunter
12/5/2010, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=S.PadreIsl.Sooner;3071189I wish the UO campus would slide into the Pacific.[/QUOTE]

I will help push!!

ouduckhunter
12/5/2010, 08:36 PM
Auburn!! Whatever their colors are, I will wear them!! If it means buying a Cam Newton jersey, I will buy it!! I will learn their school fight song and cheers and sing and yell until I'm blue in the face and my face matches my jersey! The mother duckers must never, ever, in a million years be national champions!! They must be stopped!

picasso
12/5/2010, 08:37 PM
Hate the ducks and their graphic design uniforms and basketball court.

This is lose-lose for me because I loathe the SEC.

Jack T.
12/5/2010, 08:40 PM
Gotta pull for Oregon. I can't stand to hear that SEC! SEC! SEC! chant.

After all, everybody knows we really beat Oregon when we played them. . .no matter what the scoreboard said.

adoniijahsooner
12/5/2010, 08:56 PM
Bottom line...there is no defense for Cam Newton. You can scheme until your blue in the face, and he is still going to take off every single time a play breaks down. The most important note is that Auburn will win for the same reason all SEC teams win...the trenches.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 09:34 PM
Bottom line...there is no defense for Cam Newton. You can scheme until your blue in the face, and he is still going to take off every single time a play breaks down. The most important note is that Auburn will win for the same reason all SEC teams win...the trenches.

I tend to agree and believe Auburn will be favored - certainly by me. But the extra time to scheme I was referring to was meant more for the duck offense. I think they could win if they are clicking like they were against Stanford and USC and just out-score Auburn.

DarrellZero
12/5/2010, 09:54 PM
No great fan of Oregon, but I can't cheer for Cam "Bought and Paid For" Newton.

JLMSOONER
12/5/2010, 10:30 PM
The ducks will break out their 84th uni combo that sprouts wings and allows them to fly over their wealthy SEC opponent. The new uni's will also sprout a duck waddle defensive scheme that stifles the Auburn offense.

VA Sooner
12/5/2010, 11:49 PM
Auburn will win it, but rooting for Oregon.

Not another SEC champ... need something new.

cyclonesooner
12/6/2010, 12:31 AM
Will not be pulling for either team. Strongly believe Auburn will win, but will be wanting someone to end this SEC domination even if it is Oregon.

Iam4OUru
12/6/2010, 12:42 AM
Gotta pull for Oregon. I can't stand to hear that SEC! SEC! SEC! chant.

This ^.

I think Auburn will lose due to UO's tempo. They will substitute when Oregon says they can. Fairley is a beast but he will get gassed chasin' ducks. As far as sCam is concerned...he'll get his yards and points. The game will be a close one but UO will win it in the 4th qtr.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/6/2010, 12:45 AM
i think Auburn will win. I want Oregon to win.

agree