PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Magic...

Okla-homey
12/5/2010, 04:41 PM
I've been watching Sooner football since I was old enough to know what football was. 1966 or so.

It made me very proud and happy to see that storied "Magic" in evidence, both in Stillwater last week, and in Dallas last night.

I've given a lot of thought today to what "Sooner Magic" is. I thinks its mostly poise. As in not getting rattled when things are looking scary. There's of course an element of luck as well. But Sooner Magic means playing in such a way that you are poised enough to capitalize on your opponent's inevitable miscues.

I also, now more than ever, think championships are won by great defensive squads. Offensive flash is fun to watch, but defenses that control things up front, and that are smart and quick enough to manage the corners effectively, are the key.

Aries
12/5/2010, 04:42 PM
There used to be a sign on the wall in our locker room that said...

"If you score, you may win. If they NEVER score, you will never lose."

soonerbub
12/5/2010, 04:46 PM
Amen Homey
now about that Cam love...;)

rekamrettuB
12/5/2010, 04:50 PM
Boy you could dang sure feel the Husker fans puckering up after Lewis' pick in the endzone. What was funny is we were tailgaiting w/ some Husker fans and one of the older guys said "I love this rivalry and we've had some great games but I hate your fight song. The band plays it so much and it's always when OU is ripping my heart out". I did not see him last night after the game. He was gone when we got back to the parking lot. I was just imagining him during the game thinking "not this year baby!!!" Only to grab his razor blades on the way out of the gate.

MyT Oklahoma
12/5/2010, 05:01 PM
I've been a fan since the Run of '71 and the only time that I ever gave up before the end of an OU game was the 1972 Oklahoma/Nebraska game (we were down 14 to 0 at half).

I was only 18 then and I learned my lesson.

Sooner Magic baby.. Sooner Magic. Ya' just gotta believe. ;)

Okla-homey
12/5/2010, 07:47 PM
Amen Homey
now about that Cam love...;)

He's a freak of nature.

Plain and simple. What I find absolutely amazing is the fact that Florida had both Newton and Tebow for a year. But no one knew what Newton was capable of doing because he was never required.

We might not have ever learned what Sam Bradford was capable of but for that Rhett Bomar dealio.