PDA

View Full Version : So is it Connecticut for sure?

Soonermagik
12/5/2010, 04:36 PM
I heard that the Orange Bowl gets to pick first and will likely pick Stanford. Any truth to that? I don't think Conn has that big of a following. I wish the Orange bowl could pick us and we could play Va Tech. I'm sure they would much rather have us than Stanford or Conn.

Whet
12/5/2010, 04:38 PM
OU is tied to the Fiesta Bowl, as the Big XII champ. This year, the Orange Bowl selects before Fiesta Bowl. It would be highly unlikely the Orange Bowl would select the 4-loss UConn, when they have the opportunity for the top 5 Stanford.

agoo758
12/5/2010, 04:44 PM
Considering the geographical location of both schools and the fact that i hear that Standford doesn't travel very well, there is a very good chance the Organge Bowl could very well selection UCONN over Standford, and we can only hope that's the case.

usaosooner
12/5/2010, 04:46 PM
Orange Bowl is going on two higher ranked teams drawing ratings.. It will be UCONN

rekamrettuB
12/5/2010, 04:47 PM
Neither team will travel well so you would have to take the team that will draw the nuetral fan and that's Stanford.

usaosooner
12/5/2010, 04:55 PM
Neither team will travel well so you would have to take the team that will draw the nuetral fan and that's Stanford.

yep

Soonermagik
12/5/2010, 05:01 PM

That sounds right. Stanford vs anyone will draw ratings. Connecticut vs Va Tech draws almost no one. I know OU is tied to the Fiesta Bowl, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.