PDA

View Full Version : I would just like to thank the NE coaches...

bmjlr
12/5/2010, 12:25 PM
for leaving Martinez in all night, especially in the 4th quarter. :D

btb916
12/5/2010, 12:37 PM
Yes, I would like to extend my gratitude for that as well. :D

SoonerLB
12/5/2010, 12:42 PM
I concur, it was refreshing to get to see our defense feast on a QB in a big game! ;)

PDXsooner
12/5/2010, 12:46 PM
I was shocked they didn't leave the little running back in (#22) and run the wildcat. That scared me WAY more than Martinez being in there.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/5/2010, 12:55 PM
^^this.....although the only reason it worked so well, was because we didn't see it the whole game. had burkhead been running the wildcat all night, we would have adjusted and contained it better. OUr Defense wasnt going to lose that game. but, i agree with you that, if i was the nebbish coaches, i would have used it more. might have been the difference maker, by giving them just enough to squeek it out.

as a sooner fan, i like to think that no matter what they did, we would have stopped it.

bmjlr
12/5/2010, 02:05 PM
I thought towards the end of the game they would have went with more experience...Martinez panicked just about every play...of course if I had Lewis, Lewis, Macon and others chasing me, I would panic and poop myself too!

Landthief 1972
12/5/2010, 02:08 PM
I was shocked they didn't leave the little running back in (#22) and run the wildcat. That scared me WAY more than Martinez being in there.

Yeah, I can't believe they went away from that. That one is all on their coaches. I doubt they could have run it the entire game, but they could have kept the game out of reach.

btb916
12/5/2010, 02:21 PM
Well, one reason they went away from the wildcat is because, despite a couple of plays that ripped us for 10 yards, they had one killer turnover and almost had another on a bad throw.

Eielson
12/5/2010, 03:11 PM
They would've at the very least tied the game if they continued running on that second-to-last possession.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/5/2010, 04:07 PM
I thought towards the end of the game they would have went with more experience...Martinez panicked just about every play...of course if I had Lewis, Lewis, Macon and others chasing me, I would panic and poop myself too!

Don't forget about Beal...he crushed Martinez a couple of times.

winout
12/5/2010, 05:02 PM
Nebbish qb decisions are perplexing. In the UT game when their receivers where dropping Martinez's passes they subbed him for the backup. So, the receivers just dropped the backup's passes instead. Seems they should have brought in the receiver's backups.

Now, against us, they played a 50% Martinez. Not sure why they didn't just play the backup there and run their full offense.

picasso
12/5/2010, 05:39 PM

Yeah, maybe we could have gotten more fumbles from him too!

swardboy
12/5/2010, 05:40 PM
Is Zac Lee injured? It's not like he is a freshman. He played a lot over the last two years.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 05:43 PM

That's what I was afraid of before coming into the game. The gimmick plays because their offense is mediocre.

UteSooner
12/5/2010, 08:18 PM
I was scared to death of them running out of the wildcat to get in field goal range on the last drive, but they abandoned it.

The way both defenses were playing--an overtime of trading field goals wouldn't go our way. So thanks Bo! You made the right decision.

Veritas
12/5/2010, 09:11 PM
Fans all over Nebraska are asking the same thing.

rekamrettuB
12/5/2010, 09:14 PM
Is Zac Lee injured? It's not like he is a freshman. He played a lot over the last two years.

Nope. He was in on the fake punt. They were going to hand it to him and he run or throw during the fake punt attempt that Stoops thwarted w/ a TO.

btb916
12/5/2010, 09:18 PM
Fans all over Nebraska are asking the same thing.

Running out of the wildcat, Nebraska had two turnovers. One fumbled snap, another fumble on a run. Almost a third on the long pass that Hurst or Fleming (I forget which) almost intercepted.

So...they can ask all they want, but it ultimately got the team what T-Mart did: nothing.

BajaOklahoma
12/5/2010, 09:41 PM
Burkhead (#22) was a very good high school QB for a Metroplex team. Tended to keep the ball a lot. I was surprised he didn't play QB more.
But we would have adjusted if he had.