PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones.. not consistant

basel90
12/5/2010, 06:09 AM
I know we won and he had a number of good throws. However i cannot help but notice he is not a top 10 QB nationally. Not to mention some of his throws and decisions are questionable. Bottom line , he is not consistant and that will cost us when we play top notch opponents. I sure would like to see us try some of the back ups a bit more during some games.

sendbaht
12/5/2010, 06:26 AM
he will be fine and get better

Okie35
12/5/2010, 06:54 AM
2009 261ATT 449CPL 3198YDS 58.1% 26TD 14INT 12SACKS PASSRATING-130.83

2010 371ATT 568CPL 4289YDS 65.3% 35TD 11INT 19SACKS PASSRATING-145.21

I'd say he's consistent considering last year he took less sacks and still threw more ints. Threw 9 more tds and 3 less ints w/ a tougher road schedule than last year. Our run game hasn't even been that consistent the last two years. Having a stout run game helps the passing game. I think he's actually progressed pretty well. Hypothetically if THIS Landry(right now) was playing last year we would've won more games but we can't turn back time. Landry's doing well and will be a top QB next year.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:04 AM
That f'm Manning...4 int's last game...they should bench the dooch and try the backup qb....he has to be better...

SoonerStormchaser
12/5/2010, 07:05 AM
Enough with your manning crap. The guy has earned his right to have a bad game or two...Landry is working on it...but he has definite room for improvement.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:07 AM
Enough with your manning crap. The guy has earned his right to have a bad game or two...Landry is working on it...but he has definite room for improvement.

Why...it seems we want nothing but machines that cannot make mistakes...

The kid is a soph...played well enough to win the Big 12...

You can moan and groan...bitch and cry...baring injury, Landy will be the starter next year...

cleller
12/5/2010, 07:33 AM
Landry is a head scratcher at times. When we'd be starting off back around the 10 yard line, I knew it was gonna be tough on him. He's never thrived on pressure.
The big difference the last few games, is the "shut down" factor he showed early in the year.(Missouri) Last night and in Stillwater, just when you think he's going to give in, he fights his way out of it.
He may not be a superstar, but at least (now) he's no quitter.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:39 AM

Proved himself? Consistent? The Colts have lost 5 games...10 int's in those 5 games...9 int's in the last three loses...

If someone wants to bench Landry you damn sure should want Manning sitting on the sidelines...

Sooner70
12/5/2010, 07:44 AM
Landry learns well. Did you see one tipped or intercepted "throw away" ball against Neb? No. He learned his lesson. My guess is he practiced his "throw away" ball a lot this past week. Heck, only the fans or the Ruff Neks could caught his throw aways last nite.

Give the boy credit. He wasn't stellar, but neither was the offense....special teams for that matter. Broyles drops 2 punts. Way shanks one. BUT, they all did just enough to send the Nebs packing to B10 with a huge loss.

Sooner70
12/5/2010, 07:49 AM
I will say this for offense, though. Toward end of game, the OL was giving Landry great protection. On the long pass to Stills, he had ALL DAY back there. Nebs mighta been getting tired or the hurry up was running them ragged.

misplaced_sooner
12/5/2010, 07:53 AM
Are you ****ing kidding? LJ has grown up right in front of our eyes over the last 3 weeks. He made multiple GREAT decisions in the game. He threw the ball away on multiple occasions and didn't throw an INT in the redzone trying to force a play like Martinez.

I'll take LJ over ANY QB in the nation RIGHT NOW, who is a better passer? Moore? Against what inferior opposition.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:54 AM
I will say this for offense, though. Toward end of game, the OL was giving Landry great protection. On the long pass to Stills, he had ALL DAY back there. Nebs mighta been getting tired or the hurry up was running them ragged.

Yep...running the ball early and using a bunch of different backs took its toll on the husker d line...the staff was looking at the 4th quarter when we were still early in the 1st...

Changing up the formations each series also confused the d and made them work harder...

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:55 AM
Are you ****ing kidding? LJ has grown up right in front of our eyes over the last 3 weeks. He made multiple GREAT decisions in the game. He threw the ball away on multiple occasions and didn't throw an INT in the redzone trying to force a play like Martinez.

I'll take LJ over ANY QB in the nation RIGHT NOW, who is a better passer? Moore? Against what inferior opposition.

There is a kid at Auburn I would probably take...(at least for his on field play)...

misplaced_sooner
12/5/2010, 08:03 AM
There is a kid at Auburn I would probably take...(at least for his on field play)...

I don't think he would fit into OUr system.

cleller
12/5/2010, 08:04 AM

Landry could smoke Cam in the open field, we saw that last night!;)

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 08:09 AM
Landry could smoke Cam in the open field, we saw that last night!;)

Wheels....

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 08:13 AM

That is Wilson's kind of player...we went after him but lost in the recruiting bidding war....lol...

If he were on the team you would see a significantly different offense...go back over the last twelve years and look at the various offenses we have run...

Power with Peterson...

Smoke and mirror run game with Q...

Ball control with Josh...

Wide open attack with White and Bradford (record breaking performances)....

White was a dual threat when he first arrived...

This staff has done a fantastic job of putting in offenses that suit the various players ability...

Shakadoodoo
12/5/2010, 08:21 AM
Thats the type of player that you fit your system around!

TXBOOMER
12/5/2010, 08:21 AM
Other than the early pick which LJ seems to throw an early pick every time we play a good team. I thought he played a heck of a game. He is so much better now than he was at the beginning of the year it isn't even funny. He was 20 times better than the NU QB and that was a dammmmmmmmmm good D he was playing against last night. I give it up to LJ.

XingTheRubicon
12/5/2010, 08:23 AM
This thread should be an after-school special entitled "When timmy's wrong."

SoonerStormchaser
12/5/2010, 09:04 AM
Proved himself? Consistent? The Colts have lost 5 games...10 int's in those 5 games...9 int's in the last three loses...

If someone wants to bench Landry you damn sure should want Manning sitting on the sidelines...

Wow, you wasted two whole posts on one quote...congratulations, you have succeeded at the art of redundancy.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 09:06 AM
Wow, you wasted two whole posts on one quote...congratulations, you have succeeded at the art of redundancy.

Thank you...I appreciate your support...

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/5/2010, 09:10 AM

^^^^^ This!

Always_Sooner
12/5/2010, 09:28 AM
The last two weeks Jones has really grown up. Except for one throw last night, Jones played a smart and efficient game. It reminded me of Heupul, and how plays might not have been there, but he didn't force it. If Jones can do that next season when we are in a dog fight on the road, when you have that game or two where things don't always go your way, then we will go undefeated next season.

fadada1
12/5/2010, 09:44 AM
not in the top 10 nationally??? are you serious???

look at the yards.
look at the TDs.
with the exception of last week (which got fixed), look at the INTs.
look at the passer rating.
look at the wins.
look at the big12 championship.

HE'S A SOPHOMORE!!!!!!

okienole3
12/5/2010, 10:08 AM
I thought Landry played an excellent game last night. He took what was given to him and did not press anything. Plus, he put the deep balls to Stills and Broyles right on the money.

mehip
12/5/2010, 10:16 AM
I think this could have been said early in the season but his play in the last six quarters of football has been lights out against two legit top 15 teams.

texaspokieokie
12/5/2010, 10:21 AM
i thot Landry played wonderfully well !!!!!!

basel90
12/5/2010, 10:24 AM

He just telegraphs a lot of throws, doesn't go thru the progression of receivers, he locks in too much on the primary receiver . It is obvious. He had plenty of time at many occassions but you could see him throw it away or lock in on one receiver . Don't be fooled by the yards always as he throws 50 to 60 attempts each game , with an impressive array of receivers and with protection. Many dinks and dunks as well.

JohnnyMack
12/5/2010, 10:29 AM
Landry is definitely improving. His delivery has always been about half a second slow. Whether that's a mental or a physical thing I don't know. He's shown great competitiveness this year and has started to emerge in a leadership role. I think next year he could be in line for a terrific season.

kansascitysooner
12/5/2010, 10:29 AM
WTF???!!!! Landry did awesome last night and all season. If anyone doubts how good of a job he did last night, please watch the NFL draft and see how many of Nebbish secondary goes in the first round.....that would be two corners and probably that linebacker too. Landry....this Buds for you!!!! Great game against a great defense!!!!

JohnnyMack
12/5/2010, 10:34 AM
He just telegraphs a lot of throws, doesn't go thru the progression of receivers, he locks in too much on the primary receiver . It is obvious. He had plenty of time at many occassions but you could see him throw it away or lock in on one receiver . Don't be fooled by the yards always as he throws 50 to 60 attempts each game , with an impressive array of receivers and with protection. Many dinks and dunks as well.

I don't know if you've ever watched Sooner football, but dinks and dunks are our bread and butter.

And Landry, again as a college sophomore, does a fine job of going through his progressions. When he gets himself in trouble it's when he seemingly doesn't have enough confidence in his decision to get the ball off as rapidly as he should. As for throwing the ball away, when you're running 90 - 100 offensive plays a game, sometimes you just have to throw it away and try it next time.

sozo
12/5/2010, 10:36 AM
Man,tough crowd!:rolleyes: I think following Bradford is Jones' biggest fault.I am thrilled with his improvement and how in the 4th quarter of the last two BIG games he has played!

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 10:36 AM
I know we won and he had a number of good throws. However i cannot help but notice he is not a top 10 QB nationally. Not to mention some of his throws and decisions are questionable. Bottom line , he is not consistant and that will cost us when we play top notch opponents. I sure would like to see us try some of the back ups a bit more during some games.

He just quarterbacked his team to a Big 12 Championship. How many times have you done that?

We just beat two top notch opponents, GTFO.

Shakadoodoo
12/5/2010, 10:38 AM
In the history of our program we have never had a real NFL quarterback until Sam Bradford. Maybe Bomar, but we don't mention him. Before that we had wishbone quarterbacks - they are really running backs. Seems to me LJ is reminiscent of most of our systematic quarterbacks we have had in the past - Just make good decisions, stay out of trouble and get the ball to our other outstanding athletes!

nBoSTP
12/5/2010, 11:01 AM
I found myself laughing at the end of the last two games because I watch them and think man this guy makes some bad decisions and throws and he isn't very good. Then I see where he threw for 458 yards and 342 yards against a great defense and think man where the hell did that come from. I think the reason it seems he is struggling more than he is is because Oklahoma is sooooooo bad in the red zone. They march up and down the field and settle for FG's is why it looks like he is struggling.

basel90
12/5/2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know if you've ever watched Sooner football, but dinks and dunks are our bread and butter.

And Landry, again as a college sophomore, does a fine job of going through his progressions. When he gets himself in trouble it's when he seemingly doesn't have enough confidence in his decision to get the ball off as rapidly as he should. As for throwing the ball away, when you're running 90 - 100 offensive plays a game, sometimes you just have to throw it away and try it next time.

I know dinks and dunks are our bread and butter and that is why he has many completions.
did you watch him against mizzou and TAM? and the first half agains OSU? his mistakes , and interceptions cost us a chance to go to the top . also , don't forget his running ability is questionable. His accuracy is also in question. He sure is improving but not sure he can be the type of QB that would be a first rounder in the NFL.

FirstandGoal
12/5/2010, 11:23 AM

Said this before, but this thread makes it necessary for me to say it again.

I'll take Landry over any other guys at any other schools because Landry chose to proudly wear crimson and cream.

The other guys didn't, so screw 'em

aero
12/5/2010, 11:24 AM
It's funny how stats and performances differ depending on the competition. OUr D sure made nebs O look bad. Just a bad game by neb's O? Just a bad game by TMart? I'd say OUr D had a lot to do with their performances. They fumbled buy we were making them fumble. Same with Landry. Give the competition some credit. They're going to make us make mistakes. How we overcome them is what matters. Overall, Landry has done well and seems to have steadily improved, which is what just about anybody would want. He's on his way to being quite good in the next 2 years, God willing.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 11:31 AM
He sure is improving but not sure he can be the type of QB that would be a first rounder in the NFL.

Is that your expectation? How many OU QBs have gone in the 1st round *ever*?

This team was not ready to get to the title game this season for many reasons but LJ was the least of them. I would put him up against McElroy from last season and 'Bama seemed to manage.

sortiz1965
12/5/2010, 11:49 AM
I don't understand the reasons why people feel compelled to constantly pile on Landry Jones. Hey, the guy - or anyone else, for that matter - will never step out of Bradford's shadow. Bradford is playing extremely well for a crappy pro team and on his way to earn Rookie of the Year honors. There is no way Landry Jones can live up to that level of expectations because he simply is not as good a QB as Bradford. Period. The guy is a sophomore, for crying out loud, and getting better. I wish people would quit whining and just bask in the moment: the Sooners are Big XII champs, and it happened with the much maligned Landry Jones at the helm. If we go on to win the Fiesta Bowl, Landry will have accomplished what no other Sooner QB in recent memory (Bradford included) has not done: win a meaningful bowl game.

setem
12/5/2010, 11:56 AM
I hate that this is the 1st thread I see today! My answer will be 2 parts.

1st **** YOU!

2nd HE BEAT THE #1 D in the Big XII! so...**** YOU!!!

I love the Sooners but damn I hate other Sooner fans sometimes!

Breadburner
12/5/2010, 11:58 AM
Could not have said it better......!!!^^^^^^

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 12:04 PM
I know dinks and dunks are our bread and butter and that is why he has many completions.
did you watch him against mizzou and TAM? and the first half agains OSU? his mistakes , and interceptions cost us a chance to go to the top . also , don't forget his running ability is questionable. His accuracy is also in question. He sure is improving but not sure he can be the type of QB that would be a first rounder in the NFL.

God our fans are stupid.

budbarrybob
12/5/2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah, bag on LJ. He just won the B12 CCG. Did it with barely any running against a very good defense. I'm not a LJ jock sniffer, just one who is greatful for what he's got. No, he's not all world but he's definitely the B12 CCG winner!

soonerfromgeorgia
12/5/2010, 12:10 PM

I'd have to say based on talent, I'd take that Cam Newton kid over at Auburn over Landry Jones.

btb916
12/5/2010, 12:11 PM
How is this dingbat not in the red? How retarded to complain about a guy who showed up, made great plays, made mature decisions, and led his team to another Big 12 championship against a really dang good defense? This post = stupid.

tcrb
12/5/2010, 12:13 PM
I hate that this is the 1st thread I see today! My answer will be 1 parts.

1st **** YOU!

THIS^

God our fans are stupid.

THIS TOO^

People need to learn how to appreciate how far Landry has come since the opener this year. Good God, is he supposed to throw a TD every time he touches the damn ball? There are ten other OU players out there that also have a role, and there are eleven opposing players doing everything in their power to defeat the play. I wish some of our fans would wake the f**k up and stop comparing Landry to Sam!

FirstandGoal
12/5/2010, 12:13 PM
I'd have to say based on talent, I'd take that Cam Newton kid over at Auburn over Landry Jones.

God I hate these posts! :mad:

Again.... Landry CHOSE to be a Sooner, and Cam didn't

As far as I'm concerned, every other D1 qb can suck it cause they aren't a Sooner

We-TownSooner
12/5/2010, 12:30 PM
Hatres gonna hate i guess

Joe
12/5/2010, 12:43 PM
He sure is improving but not sure he can be the type of QB that would be a first rounder in the NFL.

Your point is? We've had 1 first round QB go to the NFL.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/5/2010, 12:51 PM
what a great way to wake up on a beautiful sunday morning! i'm excited to read all the awesomeness of the OU victory, hear about who we'll play in the fiesta, and i check on soonerfans, and i read this garbage. WE JUST WON OUR 7TH BIG XII CCG PEOPLE. SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT LANDRY. HE'S NOT SAM, HE'S NOT MANNING..HE IS LANDRY ****ING JONES. IF ALL YOU'RE GONNA DO IS BITCH ABOUT OUR QB--WIN OR LOSE-- GO BACK TO THAT POS OUINSIDER, OR GO POST WITH THE KNUCKLE DRAGGERS OVER AT ESPN. EITHER WAY...**** OFF.

i'll take a kid that plays with heart, determination, and passion, but may not be all world, over the most talented athlete in the world that thinks about himself first. LJ definately has shown the three qualities that i look for in a person and a competitor.

**** Cam Newton, Kellen Moore and anyone else you compare LJ to. JOnes has something that no of those other QB's in the nation have.....AN OKLAHOMA JERSEY IN HIS LOCKER!

... BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

now where's my ****ing coffee :)

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 01:09 PM
Landry has made HUGE strides since the first game this year and my hat's off to him;the last 2 weeks he's made the plays when the game was on the line and ultimately that's what QB's are judged by

picasso
12/5/2010, 01:12 PM

We just played 2 top notch opponents.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 01:16 PM
did you watch him against mizzou and TAM?

Against MO he was 32/50 for 303 yd, 3TDs and 2 ints. That's pretty good.

At some point, we begin to demand perfection.

his mistakes , and interceptions cost us a chance to go to the top .

Question: How many national titles did Sam Bradford win?

Question: What was Sam Bradford's best won/loss record? How does it compare to Landry's?

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 01:33 PM
Is it his fault if the ball is tipped and intercepted? What about the crazy INT last week when the pokes pulled a superman and knocked it back inbounds for the INT?

I've been as frustrated as anyone over LJ this season and his happy feet on the road. I am also more than happy to give him a ton of credit for his play the last few weeks, especially last night. We're down 17-0 and our offense is totally out of sync, and LJ stepped up and became a leader. For the love of mod, even Ryan Broyles was being a headcase early!!!!

I couldn't be more proud of him if I were his very own mama.

missann
12/5/2010, 01:38 PM
Question: How many national titles did Sam Bradford win?

Question: What was Sam Bradford's best won/loss record? How does it compare to Landry's?

Sam got us there and if not for the concussion in '07, we get there again.

I just shudder to think LJ is a sophomore and we'll have to sit through two more years of being "second tier" (meaning the level just below those in the title hunt). He's OK, but he definitely lacks confidence and the "it" factor. This is especially apparent when watching Cam and the Oregon QB. The red zone issues highlight it, too. We're ready to be a national championship team, but QB is the missing link. Truth hurts. Would love to be wrong on this - but that's the way I see it.

btb916
12/5/2010, 01:45 PM

I just shudder to think LJ is a sophomore and we'll have to sit through two more years of being "second tier" (meaning the level just below those in the title hunt). He's OK, but he definitely lacks confidence and the "it" factor. This is especially apparent when watching Cam and the Oregon QB. The red zone issues highlight it, too. We're ready to be a national championship team, but QB is the missing link. Truth hurts. Would love to be wrong on this - but that's the way I see it.

The way you "see" it? The way you're talking you must be blind.

Last week, Landry Jones went on the road and beat a top 10 team after throwing 3 interceptions. On two consecutive drives, he threw 70+ yard touchdowns. One of them was on 3rd and 12 deep in our own territory. He overcame his own mistakes and led us to a huge win.

Last night, Landry Jones came into the biggest game of his career against an excellent defense and a team ranked in the top 15. He made mature decisions and threw the ball away when he needed to, avoiding sacks. He ran for a first down with a very convincing fake. He threw one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen to Stills over the middle for a touchdown. (Seriously, have you watched a replay? That throw was perfect. There was zero room for error on that throw.) He helped us overcome a 17 point deficit.

What on earth do you expect??

I criticized Landry early in the season. "He hasn't shown us he can play when it matters," was the crux of that criticism.

Well guess what. He just did, two weeks in a row.

So...time for you to go see Dr. John Belardo and get some eagle vision boy, because you can't see for sh!t.

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 01:52 PM

Have you actually watched the last two games, or are you just taking Leroy's word for it?:pop:

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 01:53 PM

We weren't willing to pay for him so, he can his dad can suck it.

UteSooner
12/5/2010, 01:55 PM
This thread is crap. Who cares if Landry isn't Cam Newton or anyone else. He just won the freaking Big 12 and has continued to grow. We are lucky to get to watch him the next two years because he is going to tear it up I promise. He is close to being an elite QB and he WILL get there. I'm extremely proud of him. The red zone issues need to be addressed, but they aren't all on him. A lot of people on here are really annoying.

missann
12/5/2010, 02:20 PM
The way you "see" it? The way you're talking you must be blind.

Last week, Landry Jones went on the road and beat a top 10 team after throwing 3 interceptions. On two consecutive drives, he threw 70+ yard touchdowns. One of them was on 3rd and 12 deep in our own territory. He overcame his own mistakes and led us to a huge win.

Last night, Landry Jones came into the biggest game of his career against an excellent defense and a team ranked in the top 15. He made mature decisions and threw the ball away when he needed to, avoiding sacks. He ran for a first down with a very convincing fake. He threw one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen to Stills over the middle for a touchdown. (Seriously, have you watched a replay? That throw was perfect. There was zero room for error on that throw.) He helped us overcome a 17 point deficit.

What on earth do you expect??

I criticized Landry early in the season. "He hasn't shown us he can play when it matters," was the crux of that criticism.

Well guess what. He just did, two weeks in a row.

So...time for you to go see Dr. John Belardo and get some eagle vision boy, because you can't see for sh!t.

Whatever :rolleyes: . I expect to not be eeking past mediocre teams and not be uneasy whenever the offense is on the field. It wouldn't take much to improve from his prior play. Just b/c he made fewer mistakes doesn't mean he's greatness. He still plays "scared" and I don't like it.

And yeah, I expect to be confident and run through a relatively weak conference with swagger. This was a "down" year and we should have bolted through the Big 12 taking names along the way. And next year, that's a must with the 10-team league. Can we do it? Everything screams "YES!" except at QB. LJ is just a perpetual question mark.

Hmmm..."when it matters". The thing is every game matters at OU b/c the goal is a national title. And LJ hasn't proven to be that caliber QB. This is like praising Hybl after he won the conference title. That's fine, but we all knew he didn't have "it". Inconsistency can't accomplish those goals; and LJ is still inconsistent. I don't see how you can argue against that.

missann
12/5/2010, 02:24 PM
Have you actually watched the last two games, or are you just taking Leroy's word for it?:pop:

Seriously? I watched enough to know they should have been blowouts. :cool: The last two games were a study in inconsistency.

JohnnyMack
12/5/2010, 02:25 PM
I'm an unrealistic crybaby who moans and points fingers if we don't win the MNC every year!!!

WWWWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

FTFY.

missann
12/5/2010, 02:35 PM
^ So it was unrealistic to expect to beat Mizzou and TAMU this year?? Yeah, right.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 02:38 PM
^ So it was unrealistic to expect to beat Mizzou and TAMU this year?? Yeah, right.

Yes. At the time we played Mizzou, they were the better team - especially in their house. I'd take OU now in a re-match. I'd rate the TAMU game as a toss-up at their place and I still would.

tommieharris91
12/5/2010, 02:39 PM
I think our offense should never touch the field because the special teams should be getting a turnover and scoring on every play. Fire Venables. We shouldn't even need Wilson.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 02:41 PM

You didn't answer my questions, so I'll do it for you.

Sam Bradford never won a national title. His best season featured two losses, exactly the same number of losses as Landry's current season. And Sam had Gresham and an NFL-caliber OL.

In the national title game, Bradford threw for only 256 yards and had two INTs. If Jones had done that, we would have been all over him.

Oh, Bradford was also 0-2 in bowl games (with one a blowout loss to WV). Landry already has him beat on that count, and will most likely go to 2-0 this season. (Here's hoping.)

Bradford had his bad games too.

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 02:45 PM
God our fans are stupid.
Well, of course some people are disappointed that were aren't on an 800 game winning streak with 60+ consecutive national championships......

It ain't the 70's anymore people, some just need to accept the fact that you don't just "reload every year" anymore, if that was the case teams like Alabama and Florida wouldn't be on the outside of the BCS and Texas would not be spending Christmas at home. It takes a lot of "special things" to happen in terms of injuries and breaks along the way to get to that level. Nobody has looked completely dominant this season, Oregon and Auburn have come the closest and Auburn has had to come from behind repeatedly throughout the season.

Some people need to get a damn clue into reality and get past their delusions...

No one could live up to the "level of consistency" that some demand, not Manning or Brady...even Brady had a clunker of a game against the Browns with Colt as their QB. The ironic thing is the same people would probably commit suicide if they were ever held up to the same standards they hold Landry up to...must be a damn pathetic existence.

josh09
12/5/2010, 02:46 PM

I'd say he's consistent considering last year he took less sacks and still threw more ints. Threw 9 more tds and 3 less ints w/ a tougher road schedule than last year. Our run game hasn't even been that consistent the last two years. Having a stout run game helps the passing game. I think he's actually progressed pretty well. Hypothetically if THIS Landry(right now) was playing last year we would've won more games but we can't turn back time. Landry's doing well and will be a top QB next year.

This. I'm pretty happy with Landry, and I feel like he might be mentioned before the start of next season as a possible Heisman contender, with our O-line getting better and better.

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 02:51 PM
Wait, did we win yesterday?...

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 02:54 PM

Unfortunately for the Landry/KW/BV bashers, yes. And it pisses them off.

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 02:56 PM
To some if we don't win by 60 and the three backup QB's don't pass for 300 yards each it is a loss...bunch of f'n morons :mad:

missann
12/5/2010, 03:00 PM
You didn't answer my questions, so I'll do it for you.

Sam Bradford never won a national title. His best season featured two losses, exactly the same number of losses as Landry's current season. And Sam had Gresham and an NFL-caliber OL.

In the national title game, Bradford threw for only 256 yards and had two INTs. If Jones had done that, we would have been all over him.

Oh, Bradford was also 0-2 in bowl games (with one a blowout loss to WV). Landry already has him beat on that count, and will most likely go to 2-0 this season. (Here's hoping.)

Sam's two losses were to top teams (TX and FL), with one being in the title game. That's like comparing this year's 3-way South Division tie to the one in 2008. Laughable.

Trust - if Landry was as consistent and confident as Sam, this thread wouldn't exist. Here's hoping he make great strides this offseason. I'm already concerned about FSU. :(

Who cares about bowl games now that the title game is separate? Woohoo, Landry won a Sun Bowl. That's good and I hope we win the Fiesta with bigger rewards next year. Landry just has to take it up a notch. That's all.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:03 PM
Sam's two losses were to top teams (TX and FL), with one being in the title game. That's like comparing this year's 3-way South Division tie to the one in 2008. Laughable.

Trust - if Landry was as consistent and confident as Sam, this thread wouldn't exist. Here's hoping he make great strides this offseason. I'm already concerned about FSU. :(

Who cares about bowl games now that the title game is separate? Woohoo, Landry won a Sun Bowl. That's good and I hope we win the Fiesta with bigger rewards next year. Landry just has to take it up a notch. That's all.

So...any performance less than what the 1st pick in the NFL draft could accomplish is unacceptable?

Your expectations are unreasonable, unrealistic, and unattainable...

MamaMia
12/5/2010, 03:04 PM
Hes bulking up. Hes realizing and working on his weaknesses and doing a fine job in improving. His leadership quality is maturing as well. Thats what we needed out of him.

When we were down by 17, I was very impressed how Laundry remained extremely calm and confident. He was joking around with his team yesterday and had the perfect attitude a quarterback needs in that situation. He helped to change the complexion of the game. He played a big part in keeping the momentum going and the team focused in a hostile environment at oSu as well.

The comeback yesterday and the win was nothing short of amazing and a great effort on the part of the entire team and our quarterback.

Sooner_Tuf
12/5/2010, 03:04 PM
Landry is no Gilbert I'll give you that. Thank God for loving the Sooners and giving us Landry Jones.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 03:14 PM

So now the excuses come out. When you have a golden boy standard, any deficiency is explained away. Any interception he threw was just bad luck on his part. Any incompletion was a dropped pass.

You can't win once the fans get misty-eyed memories of past heroes.

Trust - if Landry was as consistent and confident as Sam, this thread wouldn't exist.

I call this Fallacy by Prophecy.

You can't know that. You can only claim it. In truth, we could have still lost to ATM or Missouri this year with Sam QB'ing. Because Sam had bad nights too. (And Sam also had a far better OL; which is something you refuse to acknowledge.)

Who cares about bowl games now that the title game is separate? Woohoo, Landry won a Sun Bowl.

And Sam's team got blown out in a Fiesta Bowl playing against a team that many considered well below OU in ability.

And I do mean blown out.

missann
12/5/2010, 03:15 PM
So...any performance less than what the 1st pick in the NFL draft could accomplish is unacceptable?

Your expectations are unreasonable, unrealistic, and unattainable...

Nah, I'll take a Heupel-esque performance. The good thing is Landry can get there.

And an undefeated regular season was most definitely NOT unrealistic or unattainable this year.

usaosooner
12/5/2010, 03:16 PM
the op is the opposite of good

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:23 PM
Nah, I'll take a Heupel-esque performance. The good thing is Landry can get there.

And an undefeated regular season was most definitely NOT unrealistic or unattainable this year.

How about 25 of 39 for 214 yards...no td...one int..

or...

24/44 for 220 2 td and 3 int...

Would those stats be acceptable?

Wonder who put those numbers up?

In what games where those stellar stats put up?

Would you be calling for the qb to be more consistent?

I wait patiently for your reply....

setem
12/5/2010, 03:25 PM

You and the OP are ridiculous! Sam is Sam and Landry is Landry, Landry will do what he needs to do and not try to out do anyone but himself. Sam is a phenomenon and to expect Landry to live up to that standard is just flat out asinine! Landry has had a fantastic year, yes a NC would have been nice but this has been a heck of a year never the less and there is NO reason to think that the future is not bright. There is no need to hope that Landry will get better this off season because he will! THE KID IS BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!

I love any game the Sooners are in...be it the NC or the Toilet Bowl. THE SOONERS ARE PLAYING, THAT IS WHY I CARE!

Everyone who is being negative AFTER WE WON THE BIG XII can bite my ***! ENJOY THE VICTORY AND STFU!

BTW if Landry had Sam's o-line he would have put up some stellar numbers too. Sam hardly ever got hit his Heisman year!

missann
12/5/2010, 03:30 PM
So now the excuses come out. When you have a golden boy standard, any deficiency is explained away. Any interception he threw was just bad luck on his part. Any incompletion was a dropped pass.

You can't win once the fans get misty-eyed memories of past heroes.

In truth, we could have still lost to ATM or Missouri this year with Sam QB'ing. Because Sam had bad nights too. (And Sam also had a far better OL; which is something you refuse to acknowledge.)

And Sam's team got blown out in a Fiesta Bowl playing against a team that many considered well below OU in ability.

And I do mean blown out.

No excuses. By college football standards, Josh would be my golden boy standard anyway.

I haven't refused to acknowledge the OL difference. You're going to get rushed sometimes if you're the QB. If you're tentative, you'll get pressured even more b/c opposing teams sniff it out. You have to find a way to deal with it (run, roll out, quick release, etc.). Confidence increases with this.

I include BCS bowls in the anticlimactic group, too. They're just exhibitions to me.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 03:32 PM

Yes it was. It could have only happened with some far fetched luck.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:32 PM

or...

Come on missann....who put up those numbers...are they consistent...

My Opinion Matters
12/5/2010, 03:34 PM
Some of are fans are spoiled rotten bitches.

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 03:35 PM
BTW if Landry had Sam's o-line he would have put up some stellar numbers too. Sam hardly ever got hit his Heisman year!
Considering that almost every starter off of Sam's line that year has started in the NFL at some point in the last two seasons tells you the quality of talent on that line. Early in their college careers most of those players struggled as well. There is a big reason why players improve over their careers, Landry seems better and more consistent than last year. Sam improved and there is no reason to assume that Landry will not as well.

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 03:36 PM

How many underclassmen did OU start this year? It was completely unrealistic to expect undefeated with that many newbies. * is an excellent example of where we could have gone.

missann
12/5/2010, 03:37 PM

or...

Are these '99 stats or '00 OSU or FSU?

Landry had a first year. It also depends on the calibur of opponent. We didn't have a sufficient run game in '99 either.

In '00, Josh had a "will not lose" demeanor. I simply don't see Landry developing that. And that tempers my excitement for the future.

soonerbub
12/5/2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/11/Thread-Gay-1950s.jpg

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 03:38 PM

Landry had a first year. It also depends on the calibur of opponent. We didn't have a sufficient run game in '99 either.

In '00, Josh had a "will not lose" demeanor. I simply don't see Landry developing that. And that tempers my excitement for the future.

I hear there's lots of room left on the aggie bandwagon.:pop:

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 03:39 PM

The '00 offense was tailing off at the end of the season even with Josh. The '00 defense was the best in the country to make up for it.

missann
12/5/2010, 03:41 PM
The '00 offense was tailing off at the end of the season even with Josh. The '00 defense was the best in the country to make up for it.

Josh was also injured near the end of the "00 season. Defense had to accommodate for it.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:43 PM

The first was FSU

The second was KSU in the Big 12 game...

Landry's numbers vs nebbish are at least equal to Josh's numbers in the Big 12 game...Landry is a soph...Josh was a senior...

One guy ain't good enough and one guy is a god...all because of "consistency"...

It seems to me Landry had than don't lose attitude last night...and the game against the pokes....and against Baylor...

Piware
12/5/2010, 03:45 PM

That may be true from the talent perspective but who would want the baggage that comes with it? If it comes down to playing LJ or having the FBI/NCAA crawling all over campus I will take Landry hands down.

Besides, he has amped up the learning curve and is being coached by the best - Josh and Stoops. He makes me as nervous as Nate did but Nate wasn't Jason and Landry isn't Sammy. Facts are the kid is getting it done so props to him.

Wishboned
12/5/2010, 03:46 PM

Landry Jones just led this team to it's largest comeback victory since 1983. I think that's a pretty good "will not lose" demeanor.

EatLeadCommie
12/5/2010, 03:46 PM
I've been a huge Landry critic, but it's hard to fault him for his play yesterday. I just accept the fact that he is probably going to make 2-3 poor decisions a game. I even joked when we were down 10-0 that this would be the series where Landry threw a pick 6 and he nearly did.

But what I've seen is a kid who comes out nervous and eventually settles in. That was a top flight defense last night. Old Landry would have had 4-5 INTs against that D (like he did last year). Furthermore, I can count on one hand-- one finger, actually-- the number of "bubble screens" we ran last night. Contrast that to the first part of the season when 60-80% of our passes were those. He showed last night that he no longer has to rely on the dink and dunk game to get his yards and move the ball.

Yes, he locks on to his target a lot of times (and there were a few times last night where it looked like he was, but wasn't. Rather, he was looking to keep the defense in place, then hitting Broyles or Murray off to the side). Yes, he goes into Dufus Mode more often than I'd like to see. However, he is playing the best football he has played since he suited up in Crimson and Cream. I would have preferred that he got to where he is now sooner, but I'll take what I can get. At least it gives me some hope for next year that maybe, just maybe, we can run the table. It also finally makes me not wonder if our backups are better equipped to run the show.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:47 PM
Landry Jones just led this team to it's largest comeback victory since 1983. I think that's a pretty good "will not lose" demeanor.

And the largest comeback in any Big 12 Championship game...

missann
12/5/2010, 03:50 PM
The first was FSU

The second was KSU in the Big 12 game...

Landry's numbers vs nebbish are at least equal to Josh's numbers in the Big 12 game...Landry is a soph...Josh was a senior...

One guy ain't good enough and one guy is a god...all because of "consistency"...

It seems to me Landry had than don't lose attitude last night...and the game against the pokes....and against Baylor...

That's why I noted caliber of opponent. In 2000, KSU and FSU were top notch foes. Nebbish is not stellar this year - neither are the pokes or bears.

I know LJ is a soph. And Josh isn't a god. I just want some swagger and attitude, I guess. I just never know which LJ I'm gonna get.

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 03:53 PM

And the largest comeback in any Big 12 Championship game...

Well yeah, but that doesn't count. Please pay attention. :P

soonerbub
12/5/2010, 03:56 PM
http://www2.worldpub.net/images/saveurmag/626-111_perfect_brown_rice_300.jpg

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 03:56 PM
That's why I noted caliber of opponent. In 2000, KSU and FSU were top notch foes. Nebbish is not stellar this year - neither are the pokes or bears.

I know LJ is a soph. And Josh isn't a god. I just want some swagger and attitude, I guess. I just never know which LJ I'm gonna get.

Your expectations are for Heisman like performance each and every game...

We have had very few undefeated seasons in our history...yet you expect one each and every year....

You will be disappointing far too often with those expectations...

Enjoy the victory...

missann
12/5/2010, 03:57 PM
I've been a huge Landry critic, but it's hard to fault him for his play yesterday. I just accept the fact that he is probably going to make 2-3 poor decisions a game. I even joked when we were down 10-0 that this would be the series where Landry threw a pick 6 and he nearly did.

But what I've seen is a kid who comes out nervous and eventually settles in. That was a top flight defense last night. Old Landry would have had 4-5 INTs against that D (like he did last year). Furthermore, I can count on one hand-- one finger, actually-- the number of "bubble screens" we ran last night. Contrast that to the first part of the season when 60-80% of our passes were those. He showed last night that he no longer has to rely on the dink and dunk game to get his yards and move the ball.

Yes, he locks on to his target a lot of times (and there were a few times last night where it looked like he was, but wasn't. Rather, he was looking to keep the defense in place, then hitting Broyles or Murray off to the side). Yes, he goes into Dufus Mode more often than I'd like to see. However, he is playing the best football he has played since he suited up in Crimson and Cream. I would have preferred that he got to where he is now sooner, but I'll take what I can get. At least it gives me some hope for next year that maybe, just maybe, we can run the table. It also finally makes me not wonder if our backups are better equipped to run the show.

THIS!!!! He's doing well for him (given past performances). That's great, but he has a few notches to go if we're gonna make a legitimate run with him at the helm. Just an observation, people.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 04:00 PM
THIS!!!! He's doing well for him (given past performances). That's great, but he has a few notches to go if we're gonna make a legitimate run with him at the helm. Just an observation, people.

If the TEAM would have stepped up against Mizzou or the ags we would have walked away with wins...

There were OTHER players that also did not execute that helped place those games in the loss column....

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 04:01 PM
If the TEAM would have stepped up against Mizzou or the ags we would have walked away with wins...

There were OTHER players that also did not execute that helped place those games in the loss column....

They don't count either. You people are missing the point. LJ is not Josh Heupel and this is unacceptable!!!outrage!!!!

JohnnyMack
12/5/2010, 04:01 PM

You're a hater. It's OK. Just be an adult and admit that you're a hater. You'll feel better.

If you think that wins and losses are entirely placed on the shoulders of a QB however, I think you might be dumber than a sack of hammers.

missann
12/5/2010, 04:02 PM
Your expectations are for Heisman like performance each and every game...

We have had very few undefeated seasons in our history...yet you expect one each and every year....

You will be disappointing far too often with those expectations...

Enjoy the victory...

No, not every year. 2000 was crazy with Red October; no one expected that.
But like I said, this was a "down" year in the Big 12 and we didn't have to be great to run the table. Similar to '07. Next year seems to be shaping up this way too.

I don't expect to be digging out of holes we shouldn't be in (even if we win). Or lose the games we should be winning.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 04:05 PM
No, not every year. 2000 was crazy with Red October; no one expected that.
But like I said, this was a "down" year in the Big 12 and we didn't have to be great to run the table. Similar to '07. Next year seems to be shaping up this way too.

I don't expect to be digging out of holes we shouldn't be in (even if we win). Or lose the games we should be winning.

Since we should win every f'n game we should be working on a 200 game winning streak...

westbrooke
12/5/2010, 04:05 PM

These arguments started off bad and have descended into self-parody. Can Landry become as good as Josh, or can't he? I'd love to watch you debate yourself on that one. I'll bring popcorn for me and Prozac for you.

Furthermore, could we all gather round the campfire while you tell us about the "will not lose" attitude that helped Josh bat away that ball in the back of the OSU endzone to seal the Bedlam victory? How about that "will not lose" attitude that fired up Josh to pick off that pass at Kyle Field and return it for a season-saving touchdown? What about that elusive run up the gut to score our only TD against Florida St or the brutal hit on Weinke that forced him to put the ball on the ground (a pair of "will not lose" plays if I've ever seen them)?

You're trivializing an amazing amount of work and guts that have been laid on the field by an entire team of renowned Sooners, and chalking it up to the brilliance of one player. Heupel is a Sooner legend, but he didn't win that championship by himself. And neither has Landry won or lost a damn thing by himself, either.

I watched Landry make mistakes last night. I also watched him scramble and find Hanna for a crucial first down. I watched him wait patiently for Kenney to come open, who then fought for extra yardage to turn 3rd-and-24 into 4th-and-1, then come right back the next play and coolly connect for the first down. Those are three players that have grown significantly in their time here.

I came on here looking to celebrate a tough win against one of the best defenses in the country. And this is the crap I find? Blow it out your ***. When you die lonely and pissed becaused OU didn't field an unbroken succession of Hall-of-Fame caliber quarterbacks who led us to 40 consecutive national championships, the rest of us will be cheering on the consistently outstanding effort of our football team.

Wishboned
12/5/2010, 04:06 PM
You try harder to come up with reasons that Jones isn't a good quarterback than a Poke fan tries to come up with excuses as to why we beat them every year.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 04:08 PM
No excuses. By college football standards, Josh would be my golden boy standard anyway.

I haven't refused to acknowledge the OL difference.

Good. Now, answer this: How did Sam do when his OL all left for the pros or were injured?

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 04:11 PM
I came on here looking to celebrate a tough win against one of the best defenses in the country. And this is the crap I find? Blow it out your ***. When you die lonely and pissed becaused OU didn't field an unbroken succession of Hall-of-Fame caliber quarterbacks who led us to 40 consecutive national championships, the rest of us will be cheering on the consistently outstanding effort of our football team.

It's....it's....it's...OUTTA HERE!

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 04:12 PM
Speaking of outta here...I'm gonna leave it in your good hands, Lizard...

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 04:14 PM
No prob. I think my last question will leave the crickets chirping.

EatLeadCommie
12/5/2010, 04:16 PM
These arguments started off bad and have descended into self-parody. Can Landry become as good as Josh, or can't he? I'd love to watch you debate yourself on that one. I'll bring popcorn for me and Prozac for you.

Furthermore, could we all gather round the campfire while you tell us about the "will not lose" attitude that helped Josh bat away that ball in the back of the OSU endzone to seal the OU-OSU victory? How about that "will not lose" attitude that fired up Josh to pick off that pass at Kyle Field and return it for a season-saving touchdown? What about that elusive run up the gut to score our only TD against Florida St or the brutal hit on Weinke that forced him to put the ball on the ground (a pair of "will not lose" plays if I've ever seen them)?

You're trivializing an amazing amount of work and guts that have been laid on the field by an entire team of renowned Sooners, and chalking it up to the brilliance of one player. Heupel is a Sooner legend, but he didn't win that championship by himself. And neither has Landry won or lost a damn thing by himself, either.

I watched Landry make mistakes last night. I also watched him scramble and find Hanna for a crucial first down. I watched him wait patiently for Kenney to come open, who then fought for extra yardage to turn 3rd-and-24 into 4th-and-1, then come right back the next play and coolly connect for the first down. Those are three players that have grown significantly in their time here.

lmao

soonerinkaty
12/5/2010, 04:19 PM
Talk about a spoiled fan base. **** me.

missann
12/5/2010, 04:27 PM
Yes, I think LJ can continue to improve. Will he progress to greatness? I don't know. Some of it is intangibles, some not so much (I did spot a certain run last night).

We're in the Fiesta Bowl. Great. Could we have fared better? I think so.
Can we fare better next year? I hope so. It looks to be a great opportunity.

Goodness. The thread was about Landry. Yes, the OL is improving, the defense made strides, special teams needs attention, and the QB has room to excel, too.

Boomer!

bigfatjerk
12/5/2010, 04:35 PM
The kid is only a sophomore. There's not a lot of sophomores that are like Sam Bradford was as a sophomore. And he's putting up numbers comparable to Sammy B. Not as good, but if you said these were Sam Bradford's stats this year I could believe it. Landry Jones is a potential all timer and he'll be playing in the NFL. He needs to get better.

picasso
12/5/2010, 04:36 PM

Sam lost to a sucky Colorado team. I won't pin that all on him just like I won't pin Mizzou and aTm all on Landry.

I will however, pin you suck on you. Troll.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 04:38 PM
We're in the Fiesta Bowl. Great. Could we have fared better? I think so.

I'm glad you think so, but you won't get agreement from me. We are on the same order of team as the other 10-2 teams. But we won the conference and they didn't, so we accomplished more - something to be proud of. We need to improve in several key areas to take that next step to the elite level to make a BCS title run. Not possible with the talent/experience blend we had this season.

3rdgensooner
12/5/2010, 04:57 PM

They don't count either. You people are missing the point. LJ is not Josh Heupel and this is unacceptable!!!outrage!!!!He's also apparently not Sam Bradford--the current rookie of the year in the NFL.

Bane Landry!

Good. Now, answer this: How did Sam do when his OL all left for the pros or were injured?He's no Landry Jones.

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 06:07 PM
Damn will a mod please lock this thread?

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 06:21 PM
Not until missann answers my question: How did Sam do when his OL all left for the pros or were injured?

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 06:33 PM
Not until missann answers my question: How did Sam do when his OL all left for the pros or were injured?

OOH OOH!!! PICK ME!!! I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!

slh1234
12/5/2010, 06:34 PM
OOH OOH!!! PICK ME!!! I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!

Yes? Soonerchk?

:)

missann
12/5/2010, 06:41 PM
Hi Leroy. Sam was injured in the first game of the season.

Why does the thread need to be locked?

I screamed and jumped with everyone else last night. I'm glad we won. I'm looking forward to HolaKyle's highlights. I want to get the BCS monkey off our back. This thread isn't about the celebration.

Is Jimmy an all-world kicker because he's missing fewer field goals? No. He can improve.

Is our kicking game perfect b/c one of the kickoffs reached the end zone? No.

Is special teams spotless b/c Nebbish didn't run one back last night? No. There's work to do.

Is Landry one of the nation's best QBs b/c we won last night? IMO, no. He can improve.

Granted, he's progressed from a grade of D to C to perhaps even B. But does he warrant an A just yet? Not to me. There's hope, but it'll take some intangibles IME.

No need to cuss me out or call me names. The OP simply noted that Landry is inconsistent and needs to work on some things before being touted as one of the best. I agree.

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 06:43 PM
Yes? Soonerchk?

:)

He got hurt so bad in the first game and again against * that we really never saw him in a Sooner uniform again. He was questioned about his decision to return and Stoops was criticized for not making him go to the NFL instead.

I hear he's doing okay now, though.:cool:

Okie35
12/5/2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by missann
Trust - if Landry was as consistent and confident as Sam, this thread wouldn't exist. Here's hoping he make great strides this offseason. I'm already concerned about FSU.

Sam had 3 All American offensive lineman. Did you see how Landry picked apart Nebraska when he had all that time? I mean maybe he's not as confident as Sam (especially having to run around all the time) but Landry is getting pretty consistent. If the run blocking was more consistent Landry would feed off of that.

AlboSooner
12/5/2010, 06:58 PM
It nice to win a Big 12 championship with a second year guy replacing maybe the best QB in school history.

usaosooner
12/5/2010, 07:04 PM
this thread sucks

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 07:14 PM
He got hurt so bad in the first game and again against * that we really never saw him in a Sooner uniform again. He was questioned about his decision to return and Stoops was criticized for not making him go to the NFL instead.

I hear he's doing okay now, though.:cool:
Yep, won another game now and has the Rams tied for first place in the NFC West which no matter how bad the division no one expected them to be in that position this late in the season.

soonerchk
12/5/2010, 07:16 PM
Yep, won another game now and has the Rams tied for first place in the NFC West which no matter how bad the division no one expected them to be in that position this late in the season.

It's too bad Stoops ruined his career, huh?

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 07:24 PM
BTW, Peyton Manning just threw his 4th int of the day and cost his team the game. He sucks, put in the back-up, fire the OC and the HC.

Cut Manning 1st thing in the morning!!1

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 07:30 PM
BTW, Peyton Manning just threw his 4th int of the day and cost his team the game. He sucks, put in the back-up, fire the OC and the HC.

Cut Manning 1st thing in the morning!!1
Two of those INT were pick 6's....Where is Jim Sorgi when you need him? With the Giants, I guess they need to go with Curtis Painter then :rolleyes:

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 07:35 PM
missan the homosensual tool has a little time off. Did it violate board rules? No clue, alls I know is that it's a ****ing abomination who doesn't deserve the right to post right now. Hopefully, it will go away and never soil the pages of this bbs ever again.

waynepayne
12/5/2010, 07:41 PM
^
this is what I love about this board.

Its like a scene out of the old west where common sense justice still prevails.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 07:44 PM
^
this is what I love about this board.

Its like a scene out of the old west where common sense justice still prevails.

The original hangin' judge was in McAlister.

missann
12/5/2010, 07:50 PM
What did I do?

slh1234
12/5/2010, 07:56 PM
missan the homosensual tool has a little time off. Did it violate board rules? No clue, alls I know is that it's a ****ing abomination who doesn't deserve the right to post right now. Hopefully, it will go away and never soil the pages of this bbs ever again.

Really? I gotta wonder why.

I read through the thread. I disagree very strongly with Misann on this thread. I think that poster has unrealistic expectations, and a selective memory to help prop up those expectactions in his/her mind as justifiable.

If I had been on the thread earlier, Misann's posts are the kind of posts I would like to argue with (and let's be honest, we are all here because we want to argue with something). It looks like a few posters have done a good job of taking the arguments logically and showing them to be weak, so I can see some people got enjoyment out of taking that on.

Are you saying missann is banned? I have a hard time seeing any justification for that. I really think the board will be pretty boring if it just becomes the sound of a bunch of people agreeing with each other.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:01 PM
Really? I gotta wonder why.

I read through the thread. I disagree very strongly with Misann on this thread. I think that poster has unrealistic expectations, and a selective memory to help prop up those expectactions in his/her mind as justifiable.

If I had been on the thread earlier, Misann's posts are the kind of posts I would like to argue with (and let's be honest, we are all here because we want to argue with something). It looks like a few posters have done a good job of taking the arguments logically and showing them to be weak, so I can see some people got enjoyment out of taking that on.

Are you saying missann is banned? I have a hard time seeing any justification for that. I really think the board will be pretty boring if it just becomes the sound of a bunch of people agreeing with each other.

Don't make me do it. I know that the board rules say something like "don't be a complete and total dumbass." I couldn't give a **** if we all agree or not. Alls I know is that some people push the line when it comes to sanity/insanity. Ragging on this team/players/coaches right now borders on insanity. Simple thing really.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:03 PM
Don't make me do it. I know that the board rules say something like "don't be a complete and total dumbass." I couldn't give a **** if we all agree or not. Alls I know is that some people push the line when it comes to sanity/insanity. Ragging on this team/players/coaches right now borders on insanity. Simple thing really.

I'm not following you. Don't make you do what?

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to ask a question? or are you still talking about Misanns posts?

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:06 PM

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to ask a question? or are you still talking about Misanns posts?

Axe me a question. I'll answer it.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:08 PM

I asked 3 questions. I got no answers. I might have follow up questions once I get answers to those three.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 08:09 PM
Didn't Landry Jones just lead the University of Oklahoma to a Big XII title and a BCS birth last night or was I so drunk that I missed something last night?

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:10 PM
I asked 3 questions. I got no answers. I might have follow up questions once I get answers to those three.

Really? In code?

Axe them again. Maybe you'll get an answer.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:12 PM
Didn't Landry Jones just lead the University of Oklahoma to a Big XII title and a BCS birth last night or was I so drunk that I missed something last night?

No, he ****ed it all up, was "inconsistant" and probably couldn't start for Norman High. You ain't been watching have you?

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:15 PM
Really? In code?

Axe them again. Maybe you'll get an answer.

You may call it a code, but it was taught as basic English grammar when I was in school. Granted that has been a few years, but the questions can be found as the sentences that end with a question mark. IE: "?" You seem to know this code as you marked your two questions with this same punctuation :).

So in context of this:

I asked:

You may note the 3 question marks in that quote.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:20 PM
And I thought I answered them.

Don't be a dip**** and it's all good. How ****ing hard is that to understand?

UTgradOUfan
12/5/2010, 08:21 PM
I rarely allow myself to get dragged into these kinds of threads.
But.
Those who are ragging on Landry in this thread are the same type of people who are responsible for "shaken baby syndrome".

A Sooner in Texas
12/5/2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148194

Some people are never satisfied with success, or even with a QB who leads their team to the final Big XII championship.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:33 PM
And I thought I answered them.

Don't be a dip**** and it's all good. How ****ing hard is that to understand?

That's not an answer, and seems to me to put you trying to defend a double standard. Your position seems to be that posts have to have your approval whether or not you can quote an actual rule. I think your answer compared with Leroy's or Soonerchk's answers illustrate the difference pretty clearly.

Missann took a position that, as I said, seems ridiculous, and seems to have arrived at that position with selective memory. I see other posters taking on the IDEA (key word here) and arguing with that. Leroy in particular asked questions I thought were good and, if answered honestly, would put the OP and Misann both in a position of trying to defend the indefensible. That points out the ridiculous. (Good method by some posters)

Missann seems to see this and tries to avoid that argument. Soonerchk seems to take up part of it and answer in a way that begins to take apart part of Misann's argument.

This is all good debate. Misann is surely entitled to an opinion regardless of whether or not it is ridiculous, right? I do not see Misann actually attacking Landry Jones personally - just expressing an opinion about performance and ability.

But when you come in, you do not take on any argument or use even a weak method of arguing on substance. What you do is call names like "homosensual" as your way of expressing disagreement, and apparently either banning, or threatening to ban a poster for expressing an opinion that you don't agree with.

Can you see where I might think of that as a double standard in terms of your expression of "Don't be a dip**** and it's all good. How ****ing hard is that to understand?"

Can you also see the irony in your statement that I'm quoting? :)

A Sooner in Texas
12/5/2010, 08:35 PM
I think we should have a caged death match between slh1234 and Leroy. Let 'em argue each other to death.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:37 PM
I think we should have a caged death match between slh1234 and Leroy. Let 'em argue each other to death.

:) I'm game. I've watched Leroy enough to know he is good at debate, so I may be a bit outmatched, though. :)

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 08:38 PM

But he came back and had a great year behind that line right?

No, he got buried again.

So maybe, just maybe, the offensive line you play behind has something to do with your (1) composure and (2) effectiveness.

You think?

Landry doesn't have the benefit of playing behind an NFL-caliber offensive line. Also, he doesn't have all-world TE. Yet, if you pick Bradford's best game and compare it to Landry's best game, I doubt you will see a lot of difference. Hell, Landry's may even be better.

Granted, he's progressed from a grade of D to C to perhaps even B.

:eek:

He's #2 in the country in passing yards.

He's ranked #3 in the country in TDs.

He's ranked near the top in TD/INT ratio.

But he gets a C?!?!

I just don't get the Landry bashers. What big mistakes did he pull off last night? He had one pass that was tipped for an INT. He had to throw a few passes out of bounds. But other than that...?

A Sooner in Texas
12/5/2010, 08:40 PM
Props to Leroy for standing behind Landry so well.

Guess you lose, slh1234. :D

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 08:45 PM

Were we arguing?

And he doesn't stand a chance.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 08:48 PM
I rarely allow myself to get dragged into these kinds of threads.
But.
Those who are ragging on Landry in this thread are the same type of people who are responsible for "shaken baby syndrome".

Bwahahaha!! LOL!

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 08:53 PM
That's not an answer, and seems to me to put you trying to defend a double standard. Your position seems to be that posts have to have your approval whether or not you can quote an actual rule. I think your answer compared with Leroy's or Soonerchk's answers illustrate the difference pretty clearly.

Missann took a position that, as I said, seems ridiculous, and seems to have arrived at that position with selective memory. I see other posters taking on the IDEA (key word here) and arguing with that. Leroy in particular asked questions I thought were good and, if answered honestly, would put the OP and Misann both in a position of trying to defend the indefensible. That points out the ridiculous. (Good method by some posters)

Missann seems to see this and tries to avoid that argument. Soonerchk seems to take up part of it and answer in a way that begins to take apart part of Misann's argument.

This is all good debate. Misann is surely entitled to an opinion regardless of whether or not it is ridiculous, right? I do not see Misann actually attacking Landry Jones personally - just expressing an opinion about performance and ability.

But when you come in, you do not take on any argument or use even a weak method of arguing on substance. What you do is call names like "homosensual" as your way of expressing disagreement, and apparently either banning, or threatening to ban a poster for expressing an opinion that you don't agree with.

Can you see where I might think of that as a double standard in terms of your expression of "Don't be a dip**** and it's all good. How ****ing hard is that to understand?"

Can you also see the irony in your statement that I'm quoting? :)

You expect me to read this crap? Spare me, please.

I don't argue with idiots. I pull rank. Sue me.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 08:55 PM
You expect me to read this crap? Spare me, please.

I don't argue with idiots. I pull rank. Sue me.

Translation: You put yourself in a ridiculous position and don't have an answer that doesn't make you look ridiculous. Is that correct?

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 09:02 PM
Translation: You put yourself in a ridiculous position and don't have an answer that doesn't make you look ridiculous. Is that correct?

Am I in a ridiculous position? Really? I think you haters are ****wads. Is that so ridiculous? I think you guys need to cop a life. Ridiculous? Do I choose to argue with the haters? Nope. I just call you what you are. Deal with it, or go away. That simple.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:05 PM
Am I in a ridiculous position? Really? I think you haters are ****wads. Is that so ridiculous? I think you guys need to cop a life. Ridiculous? Do I choose to argue with the haters? Nope. I just call you what you are. Deal with it, or go away. That simple.

I think you're not into the argument. I'm most definitely not a Landry Jones hater. I think he's done a great job this year. I haven't posted anything contrary to that. So your position == ridiculous, yes (you are trying to argue without even knowing my position).

I don't know, if I'm such an idiot as you posted in the previous post, or such a ****wads as you assert here, then I would be embarassed in your position having so much trouble making a good argument against me.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 09:07 PM
Says the dip**** who has sent me about a dozen gray speks in the last 3 minutes. Here in a minute I'll show you what a real spekker looks like.

Blow me ****tard. You're a tool. You don't deserve decent social intercourse.

btb916
12/5/2010, 09:10 PM
http://jmn.fadainc.com/funnypics/lolwut-1.jpg

LANDRY JONES DONE WON THE BIG XII

wishbonesooner
12/5/2010, 09:10 PM
I didn't think much of Landry until the last 3 or 4 games. His maturity and decision making have improved dramatically. The next couple of years could be greatness if he continues to get better.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:11 PM
Says the dip**** who has sent me about a dozen gray speks in the last 3 minutes. Here in a minute I'll show you what a real spekker looks like.

Blow me ****tard. You're a tool. You don't deserve decent social intercourse.

Wow! I can see your point. Your wit is so sharp. You're reasoning is very sound. I can see now you're a veritable intellectual giant. You carry yourself so well when true reasoning is called for!

LOL

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 09:13 PM
Indeed.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:17 PM
Indeed.

Wait, don't give up now. I really want you to show us what a real spekker is. I mean, I can't even find that defined in the urban dictionary :).

btb916
12/5/2010, 09:17 PM
Wow! I can see your point. Your wit is so sharp. You're reasoning is very sound. I can see now you're a veritable intellectual giant. You carry yourself so well when true reasoning is called for!

LOL

This ain't a philosophy class man.

Some of us aren't on here to argue; we're on here to celebrate a heck of a season by a really young football team. Take your celebration of argumentation somewhere else.

Besides, there's really no argument to be made other than Landry Jones is the f*cking man.

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:18 PM

Some of us aren't on here to argue; we're on here to celebrate a heck of a season by a really young football team. Take your celebration of argumentation somewhere else.

Besides, there's really no argument to be made other than Landry Jones is the f*cking man.

I agree on Jones, but if you don't mind, I think I'll hang around here.

Don't expect me to always agree with you just because I happen to about Jones, though.

waynepayne
12/5/2010, 09:20 PM

*snickers*

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 09:21 PM
I agree on Jones, but if you don't mind, I think I'll hang around here.

Don't expect me to always agree with you just because I happen to about Jones, though.

Don't bank on it. You an OUI refugee? You sure post like it. Anyhow, you've got a few hours in the cooler for overuse of the spek button. Learn to spek the spek.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 09:22 PM

Some of us aren't on here to argue...

Speak for yourself.

:D

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 09:23 PM
Is slh another academic?

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:23 PM
Don't bank on it. You an OUI refugee? You sure post like it. Anyhow, you've got a few hours in the cooler for overuse of the spek button. Learn to spek the spek.

Some more good logic: Posting like an "OUI refugee."

I'm becoming more impressed with you all the time :).

slh1234
12/5/2010, 09:25 PM
Is slh another academic?

Depends on what you mean by academic I suppose. I got my undergrad from OU. Does that count?

If you're asking if I work in academia, then no. I work in industry ... I'll spare you the details, though.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 09:29 PM
What this thread needs is some hookers and some 4 Loco.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 09:31 PM
What this thread needs is some hookers and some 4 Loco.

Only if the hookers are dead.

PLaw
12/5/2010, 10:36 PM

Are you kidding me??

With these numbers:

What do you expect?? A 145 passer rating is consistent enough for me. It sounds like you just want to bitch.

Right now, I would say he is better than 113 other Div 1 QB's and will be considered the No. 2 QB of the Stoops' era before he leaves. There are a lot of teams in the SEC, Pac-10, Big X, ACC, and Big East that would love to have Landry behind their center.

BOOMER

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 11:14 PM
This is quite the entertaining thread :)

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 11:20 PM
Right now, I would say he is better than 113 other Div 1 QB's and will be considered the No. 1 QB of the Stoops' era before he leaves.

FIFY

MR2-Sooner86
12/5/2010, 11:29 PM
I haven't read this thread and have avoided it (for good reasons) up until this point. I can't take it though.

Seriously, if you're slamming Landry Jones...
go snort a bowl of dicks you *** munching mother ****er. You're nothing but a bunch of slack jawed faggots. Every single god damn one of you.

The criticism I've had against him was he's good but he chokes when it counts. He marched us into Stillbirth and in the 4th quarter put it away. Last night we were down 17 to Nebraska and he went onto the field and pulled it out. He has won me over by showing me what he can do on the field. He has a chance to win two bowl games in a row, something we haven't done since Nate Hyble was here.

http://howtomodtf2onps3.webs.com/HATERS.jpg

basel90
12/6/2010, 07:15 AM
I hate that this is the 1st thread I see today! My answer will be 2 parts.

1st **** YOU!

SO classy .. .you cannot have a decent discussion heh !!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/6/2010, 07:32 AM
I've been as frustrated as anyone over LJ this season and his happy feet on the road. I am also more than happy to give him a ton of credit for his play the last few weeks, especially last night. We're down 17-0 and our offense is totally out of sync, and LJ stepped up and became a leader.

^^^^^^^this.

And, the #1 knock vs LJ was performance on the road and Lo and Behold if LJ doesn't run the gauntlet that was the late season Sooner schedule and get the Sooners to the Fiesta Bowl! LJ is a Keeper!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/6/2010, 07:36 AM
Seriously? I watched enough to know they should have been blowouts. :cool: The last two games were a study in inconsistency.

It is painfully obvious that you are a fool. You know nothing about athletics.

MamaMia
12/6/2010, 07:44 AM

I believe he was wanting to know what "it" meant when you said "Don't make me do it."

basel90
12/6/2010, 07:50 AM

Why does the thread need to be locked?

I screamed and jumped with everyone else last night. I'm glad we won. I'm looking forward to HolaKyle's highlights. I want to get the BCS monkey off our back. This thread isn't about the celebration.

Is Jimmy an all-world kicker because he's missing fewer field goals? No. He can improve.

Is our kicking game perfect b/c one of the kickoffs reached the end zone? No.

Is special teams spotless b/c Nebbish didn't run one back last night? No. There's work to do.

Is Landry one of the nation's best QBs b/c we won last night? IMO, no. He can improve.

Granted, he's progressed from a grade of D to C to perhaps even B. But does he warrant an A just yet? Not to me. There's hope, but it'll take some intangibles IME.

No need to cuss me out or call me names. The OP simply noted that Landry is inconsistent and needs to work on some things before being touted as one of the best. I agree.

Great post , thank you , some people want to ignore some of Landry's shortcomings, which we have seen ,especially on the road.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/6/2010, 07:51 AM
Props to Leroy for standing behind Landry so well.

Guess you lose, slh1234. :D

Yes, slh1234 and Missann are losers. This is true!;)

basel90
12/6/2010, 08:05 AM
Is that your expectation? How many OU QBs have gone in the 1st round *ever*?

This team was not ready to get to the title game this season for many reasons but LJ was the least of them. I would put him up against McElroy from last season and 'Bama seemed to manage.

I agree we don't have many 1st rounders at QB , in fact only one , but we are talking a new stoops regime which passes a lot and has the attention of NFL scouts. Top QBs want to play for OU now that we don't have the Wishbone.

soonercastor
12/6/2010, 08:32 AM
http://www2.worldpub.net/images/saveurmag/626-111_perfect_brown_rice_300.jpg

LMAO, just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

NOT COOL.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/6/2010, 10:03 AM
Why do people create troll handles to spew negative ****? I mean, are you really that worry about posting this crap on your regular handle because you don't want everybody on an anonymous message board to know you're a dou$he?

PLaw
12/6/2010, 10:11 AM
FIFY

Yeah, Leroy I meant No. 2 of the Stoops' era, but I was seeing so much red that people are still questioning him after two back to back clutch performances, his No. 3 national passer efficiency ranking, and all with an o-line that simply is not as dominating as the one Sam played behind. Heck, who knows, he may finish up as the No. 1 QB of the Stoops' era.

Kudos to Landry, the o-line for getting it done.

BOOMER

setem
12/6/2010, 10:45 AM
SO classy .. .you cannot have a decent discussion heh !!!

I did dumbass!

You and the OP are ridiculous! Sam is Sam and Landry is Landry, Landry will do what he needs to do and not try to out do anyone but himself. Sam is a phenomenon and to expect Landry to live up to that standard is just flat out asinine! Landry has had a fantastic year, yes a NC would have been nice but this has been a heck of a year never the less and there is NO reason to think that the future is not bright. There is no need to hope that Landry will get better this off season because he will! THE KID IS BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!

I love any game the Sooners are in...be it the NC or the Toilet Bowl. THE SOONERS ARE PLAYING, THAT IS WHY I CARE!

Everyone who is being negative AFTER WE WON THE BIG XII can bite my ***! ENJOY THE VICTORY AND STFU!

picasso
12/6/2010, 11:59 AM
It drives me nuts when people say happy feet. Folks said the same with Hybl. If you goobers will notice in warm ups, that is a technique that is taught to our QB's.
They stay on their toes as they go through their progressions.

Sheesh.

deweydw
12/6/2010, 12:18 PM
Some say he wears his helmet during finals. All we know is, he's called the Stache!!

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 01:23 PM
It drives me nuts when people say happy feet. Folks said the same with Hybl. If you goobers will notice in warm ups, that is a technique that is taught to our QB's.
They stay on their toes as they go through their progressions.

Sheesh.

It's a sports cliche, like "deer in the headlights." I don't know who invented it, but I wish he hadn't.

btb916
12/6/2010, 01:27 PM
It's a sports cliche, like "deer in the headlights." I don't know who invented it, but I wish he hadn't.

How do you know it wasn't a woman? Are you sexist Leroy? Women can't be fans, is that what you're saying?

boomermagic
12/6/2010, 02:00 PM
We weren't willing to pay for him so, he can his dad can suck it.

This !

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 02:03 PM
How do you know it wasn't a woman? Are you sexist Leroy? Women can't be fans, is that what you're saying?

Any attempt to put me on the defensive will fail because (1) I am not politically correct and (2) I don't give a ****.

picasso
12/6/2010, 02:07 PM

Not necessarily. I had Poke friends who used to say Hybl had happy feet and would illustrate his shuffling.

I would have to correct them on the matter.

btb916
12/6/2010, 03:39 PM
Any attempt to put me on the defensive will fail because (1) I am not politically correct and (2) I don't give a ****.

(1) It was a joke.

cvsooner
12/6/2010, 04:32 PM
Landry's not perfect. He's a sophomore, and talent-wise right now he's between good and very good in OU's offense. Most of the time. But he does things right most of the time.

Hey, Peyton Manning threw four interceptions yesterday and has won only one Super Bowl....anybody want to call him an inconsistent QB?

VA Sooner
12/6/2010, 04:36 PM
His progression from last season to this season has been impressive. And he's a sophomore. Good things continue to come our way...

bonkuba
12/6/2010, 04:39 PM
We just won the Big 12....right? :D

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 05:01 PM
Landry's not perfect. He's a sophomore, and talent-wise right now he's between good and very good in OU's offense. Most of the time. But he does things right most of the time.

Hey, Peyton Manning threw four interceptions yesterday and has won only one Super Bowl....anybody want to call him an inconsistent QB?

That's 11 INTs in three games. And three of those were pick-6's.

:eek:

Manning's problem is that he has "happy feet" and that "deer in the headlight" syndrome. He also isn't "going through his reads" and "telegraphing his throws."

Any cliches I'm missing?

cvsooner
12/6/2010, 05:16 PM
Good pocket presence. Step up in the pocket. Get the ball out quickly. Stare down the receiver.

bluedogok
12/6/2010, 05:18 PM
Any cliches I'm missing?
No mobility...He's like a statue back there....

Tulsa_Fireman
12/6/2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/11/Thread-Gay-1950s.jpg

cvsooner
12/6/2010, 05:40 PM
Feeling the pressure.

slh1234
12/7/2010, 05:00 PM
Yes, slh1234 and Missann are losers. This is true!;)

Can you tell me what position I took on Landry? I am amazed at the lack of reading comprehension on this board sometimes.

cjames317
12/8/2010, 02:05 PM
In today's SI, I read that, prior to Saturday, opposing QBs had thrown only 43 passes in Prince Amukamara's direction. What was Landry's count? To me, it seemed KW and/or Landry wasn't scared of Amukamara. If so, that kind of confidence is impressive and means a lot for next year.

JohnnyMack
12/8/2010, 02:09 PM
In today's SI, I read that, prior to Saturday, opposing QBs had thrown only 43 passes in Prince Amukamara's direction. What was Landry's count? To me, it seemed KW and/or Landry wasn't scared of Amukamara. If so, that kind of confidence is impressive and means a lot for next year.

Neither was osu. They lit up the Nebbish secondary for 41 points.

SoonerOX
12/8/2010, 02:15 PM
Ok, so LJ has a few moments where it is apparent that his head is not all there. But come on, he really has grown into a not-to-shabby quarterback, and will probably own just about every passing record before he is through.

UHS-SoonerFan
12/8/2010, 03:51 PM
According to his stats, I'd say he's 65.3% consistent. And of the 34.7% of the time he's not, its only resulted in 11 ints. I'll take it.

Down in texas theres a boy who's inconsistent. It doesn't cost them just big games, but dang near every one of them.

Leroy Lizard
12/8/2010, 08:14 PM
According to his stats, I'd say he's 65.3% consistent. And of the 34.7% of the time he's not, its only resulted in 11 ints. I'll take it.

Down in texas theres a boy who's inconsistent. It doesn't cost them just big games, but dang near every one of them.

For all his mistakes, only 11 picks. How many fumbles? Two. Martinez matched that in one game.

btb916
12/8/2010, 09:19 PM
For all his mistakes, only 11 picks. How many fumbles? Two. Martinez matched that in one game.

Martinez exceeded that in one game.

boomermagic
12/8/2010, 10:15 PM

Peyton Manning has been an inconsistant qb lately..

bigfatjerk
12/8/2010, 10:40 PM
This could be the worst Colts team Peyton Manning has ever had with all those injuries they've suffered. And they still might make the playoffs.

btb916
12/8/2010, 11:27 PM
OK, can we please stop making analogies as if Landry is on anywhere near the same level as Peyton Manning? Just...please? And I am in no way trying to insult Landry. But come on.

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 12:14 AM
OK, can we please stop making analogies as if Landry is on anywhere near the same level as Peyton Manning? Just...please? And I am in no way trying to insult Landry. But come on.

I think a comparison of their college careers is fair. After all, Manning broke many school records at Tenn and was projected to star in the NFL based on his college career.

Well, let me put it this way. Landry Jones at UT would have already owned many of Manning's season records including:

Completion percentage in a season
Consecutive completions (Manning had 12; Landry has had at least 13)
Completion yardage in a season (by a long shot)
Most 300+ yard games in a season
TDs in a game

Manning set the UT record of 132 passes without an INT. I'm not sure if Landry has that beat, but according to my brief review of this season he has about 200 passes with only one INT. (So he makes bad decisions, heh?)

If he stays four years, almost none of Manning's records would hold up, with most of them being completely decimated.

He is that good.

btb916
12/9/2010, 12:46 AM
I think a comparison of their college careers is fair. After all, Manning broke many school records at Tenn and was projected to star in the NFL based on his college career.

Well, let me put it this way. Landry Jones at UT would have already owned many of Manning's season records including:

Completion percentage in a season
Consecutive completions (Manning had 12; Landry has had at least 13)
Completion yardage in a season (by a long shot)
Most 300+ yard games in a season
TDs in a game

Manning set the UT record of 132 passes without an INT. I'm not sure if Landry has that beat, but according to my brief review of this season he has about 200 passes with only one INT. (So he makes bad decisions, heh?)

If he stays four years, almost none of Manning's records would hold up, with most of them being completely decimated.

He is that good.

Your little bar was green earlier today, I swear it was. Who'd you upset today? :D

boomermagic
12/9/2010, 12:46 AM
We have all said and heard it before Landry is not Sam Bradford but I'll guarantee Landry is not only good he is VERY good and will only get better..

huskerland
12/9/2010, 01:00 AM
I know we won and he had a number of good throws. However i cannot help but notice he is not a top 10 QB nationally. Not to mention some of his throws and decisions are questionable. Bottom line , he is not consistant and that will cost us when we play top notch opponents. I sure would like to see us try some of the back ups a bit more during some games. That makes me so sad I could cry, I wish we could have traded QB's in the Title game. If I would have said something like that as a husker you would have said Huskers are whining again. He looked great to me but, I guess that depends on what side you are sitting:pop:

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 02:07 AM
That makes me so sad I could cry, I wish we could have traded QB's in the Title game. If I would have said something like that as a husker you would have said Huskers are whining again. He looked great to me but, I guess that depends on what side you are sitting:pop:

This is one of those strange things about Landry that I fully don't understand. Many Sooner fans bemoan the fact that we have Landry QBing and wish we had someone else. But the dude can absolutely light you up. The fans are complaining because he threw a pass away and then, before you know it, he's gone like 25 of 40 for 400 yards and three TDs... and the fans are still complaining. It's truly bizarre.

I don't know what the fans of other teams think about him, but I am sure many wish they could face someone else.

BTW, the average day for Landry Jones is the following:

29 of 44 for 330 yards, 3 TDs/1 INT.

Okie35
12/9/2010, 02:08 AM
Neither was osu. They lit up the Nebbish secondary for 41 points.

Their secondary, not Prince though. Blackmon caught 5 passes on him granted they were mainly deep and their safeties left him on an island. Cameron Kenney caught 6 matched up against him. Seems to me Landry didn't care nor was scared. Kenney did put some sick double moves and comeback routes on him.

btb916
12/9/2010, 08:59 AM
I guess that depends on what side you are sitting:pop:

I think it just depends on whether you are an intelligent human being or not.

I criticized Landry earlier this season for his shaky play on the road when under pressure. His play on the road at Baylor, Stillwater, and in Jerry's World taught me that I need to give young guys time, even when they have played as many games as Landry. He is fantastic and like what a lot of people said all along, only getting better.

T-Mart will improve if he has the right attitude. A game like the Big 12 championship can do wonders for the losers if they are motivated.

bluedogok
12/9/2010, 10:00 AM
Landry's biggest problem with some fans and their unrealistic expectations is he is the guy following THE GUY.....

SoonerNutt
12/9/2010, 01:10 PM
LJ 2011 = Heisman Finalist

Rocko
12/9/2010, 06:07 PM
LJ 2011 = Heisman Finalist

More than likely, especially with the WR core he's going to have.

Ryan Broyles = Mr. Consistent

Kenny Stills = Best Frosh WR in OU history

Dejuan Miller = 6' 4"

Franks = Fast

Metoyer = future talent

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 09:58 PM
I think it just depends on whether you are an intelligent human being or not.

I criticized Landry earlier this season for his shaky play on the road when under pressure. His play on the road at Baylor, Stillwater, and in Jerry's World taught me that I need to give young guys time, even when they have played as many games as Landry. He is fantastic and like what a lot of people said all along, only getting better.

T-Mart will improve if he has the right attitude. A game like the Big 12 championship can do wonders for the losers if they are motivated.

So we will never hear you bag on a Soph or Frosh again?

btb916
12/11/2010, 10:07 PM
So we will never hear you bag on a Soph or Frosh again?

I probably will, in honesty. I'm not always an intelligent human being. :D