PDA

View Full Version : To all the coaches and players...

BASSooner
12/5/2010, 03:41 AM
You're performance tonight was absolutely flawless.

I admit, when we were down 17-0, I thought we lost the game. My hope was pretty much drained.

You guys kicked it back up and played like a team, a TRUE football team to win it out.

I just wanted to say to all of you, thank you so much for the great times that you gave us and the fans through out the year. Through the good times and the bad, I've never had so much fun in my entire life to watch you guys play the best football games mankind has seen. I'm a 5th year senior at OU and I have never been so happy in my life to see these guys come from behind and win it out as champions. I'm definitely going to miss these guys and miss a TON of fans that I've sat with over the years.

Tonight's game nearly gave me a heart attack but I've NEVER had this much fun in my entire life in a championship game with OUr classic rivals. Rest easy tonight sooner fans. We have a GREAT GREAT team despite criticism.

PS: my apologies if I'm being a bit selfish. This is slightly emotional for not just me but possibly some seniors that are fixing to graduate. I hope you guys had fun at the game or had a blast just by watching them on TV.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Eielson
12/5/2010, 03:48 AM

For the defense, maybe.

pappy
12/5/2010, 04:33 PM

I don't even think Stoops would agree with that. It was not a flawless performance on either side of the ball but it was an impressive comeback and got us the big 12 title. The defense was impressive after the 1st quarter. The offense was impressive in the 2nd quarter, but that was good enough to win and that's all that matters.

MyT Oklahoma
12/5/2010, 04:35 PM
It wasn't a flawless performance but ya' just gotta believe in Sooner Magic.

Congratulations 2010 Sooners. Proud of you.

3rdgensooner
12/5/2010, 05:05 PM
Flawless or not, congratulations to all the seniors about to go on with the next phase of their lives. It's a great feeling to go into the future knowing you'll always be a Sooner.

OUChampsBig12
12/5/2010, 09:11 PM
After the first 15 minutes of the game, OU was dominant!!! Of course, thanks Pride!

GottaHavePride
12/5/2010, 09:12 PM
domiNANT. not dominate.

jkjsooner
12/5/2010, 10:26 PM
They definitely showed heart and toughness. This is definitely not the Sooner teams from a few years ago that would roll over when facing adversity. I think this win will be very beneficial in our bowl game and next year.

Jones didn't start very well. He seemed a little rattled in the beginning and his first few throws were really off. In the past that was generally a sign that he was going to have a very bad game - especially if it's a non-home game. As of late he's been able to calm down and start playing good ball. I think he's really maturing as a QB.

I think things are looking good for next year. We have a lot of young talent and they seem to remind me more of Mark Clayton than Malcolm Kelly type guys.

rainiersooner
12/5/2010, 11:29 PM
When you say you are a fifth year senior, do you mean that you redshirted your classes Freshman year?

Just kidding.

Great post and I agree.

SoonerRoy
12/6/2010, 12:27 PM
Yes, thanks team for a very good season. Looking forward to next year.