PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else think we were outnumbered fan wise?

spatton713
12/5/2010, 01:35 AM
first off...badass game!!! loved it....congrats eveyone!!!!!!!!!!!

seemed like we were out numbered 3 to 1 fan wise lol? what was up with that very impressed with there travel

MsProudSooner2
12/5/2010, 01:37 AM
first off...badass game!!! loved it....congrats eveyone!!!!!!!!!!!

seemed like we were out numbered 3 to 1 fan wise lol? what was up with that very impressed with there travel

I'm sure the Nebraska fans started buying up tickets when they knew they would be in the CCG. Most of our tickets were bought since last Saturday.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/5/2010, 01:42 AM
hard to say, but through my powerful skills of deduction, i'd say there was an awful lot of red in that stadium.

crimson&cream
12/5/2010, 02:05 AM
hard to say, but through my powerful skills of deduction, i'd say there was an awful lot of red in that stadium.

My son was there and he called me just before the game and said there were alot more Nebr fans there than OU

yermom
12/5/2010, 02:14 AM
yeah, it was bad.

we showed them though :D

jumperstop
12/5/2010, 02:14 AM
60:40 Husker fans at least.

5noubus
12/5/2010, 02:16 AM
Tons more huskers and they are loud!

jumperstop
12/5/2010, 02:18 AM
They were real loud, too bad it didn't help them win. :D

CORNholio
12/5/2010, 02:25 AM
Nebraskans will find any reason to leave Nebraska.

agoo758
12/5/2010, 02:32 AM
My son was there and he called me just before the game and said there were alot more Nebr fans there than OU

Does that mean we won a.....ROAD game?:eek: :rolleyes:

Joe
12/5/2010, 02:39 AM
Chalk up another road win then.

sooner59
12/5/2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, it was probably 60:40 Huskers. In 2006 in KC it was more like 80:20 Huskers.

proudsoonergal
12/5/2010, 02:42 AM
They outnumbered us during the game. We outnumbered them during the trophy presentation. :D

sooner59
12/5/2010, 03:11 AM
I have been to 4 straight Big 12 CGs and we were 4-0. I had tickets to the 2003 game against K-State but ended up not going. Sorry about that. :(

OU SOONERS 2010 BIG 12 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS :D:D:D

Okie35
12/5/2010, 03:17 AM
They outnumbered us during the game. We outnumbered them during the trophy presentation. :D

DB is pointing in the crowd like "I told you to bet on Crimson and Creme"
http://i52.tinypic.com/21jun49.png

FirstandGoal
12/5/2010, 03:21 AM
I have been to 4 straight Big 12 CGs and we were 4-0. I had tickets to the 2003 game against K-State but ended up not going. Sorry about that. :(

OU SOONERS 2010 BIG 12 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS :D:D:D

Okay, so who's in to send '59 to the Fiesta Bowl.... :cool:

freshchris05
12/5/2010, 03:22 AM
GTFO

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/5/2010, 04:55 AM
Just got back from Arlington. Definitely larger Husker crowd. 60/40 in their favor. Didn't matter though! We held our own! We were just as loud as they were!

SoonerPr8r
12/5/2010, 05:02 AM
From the tv coverage it sure sounded like there were a ton more Neb fans

cleller
12/5/2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah, it was probably 60:40 Huskers. In 2006 in KC it was more like 80:20 Huskers.

I amen that. The ones around me were all those old fashioned, good natured Neb fans, even though alot were students.

I was also up there in KC in 2000, with K-State, they weren't bad either. What a game.

TXBOOMER
12/5/2010, 08:13 AM
They had more fans there without a doubt. I sat in a NU section. Cool people with couple of dicks. The MF'er in front of me thought it was his job to turn around and clap at me. I was ready to sucker punch him by the end of the first quarter. Needless to say I made lots of noise over the next three quarters.

Shakadoodoo
12/5/2010, 08:49 AM
I heard that all the allotted tickets were sold out damn near before we even knew for sure we were going to the big 12 championship so I wondered how that happened. People must of bought up our tickets and sold them to Nebraska Fans over the internet.

boomersooner28
12/5/2010, 08:55 AM
Not a surprise at all that there were more Huskers. Thats a given. I know KC is a lot closer for them but when we played them up there for the championship it was probably 80/20 Huskers.

jumperstop
12/5/2010, 10:38 AM
Just got back from Arlington. Definitely larger Husker crowd. 60/40 in their favor. Didn't matter though! We held our own! We were just as loud as they were!

Maybe it was just me but it seemed they were twice as loud as us. Sometimes our fans don't realize it's beneficial to get off your feet and make noise.

Partial Qualifier
12/5/2010, 10:53 AM
Made for lots of great "Stunned Husker" crowd shots in the 4th quarter :D :D :D

soonerbrat
12/5/2010, 10:56 AM
definitely couldn't tell on TV...OU fans were just as loud and it was allllll red.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/5/2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe it was just me but it seemed they were twice as loud as us. Sometimes our fans don't realize it's beneficial to get off your feet and make noise.

Where were you sitting? I was in the OU student section behind the goalpost. I thought we were very very loud.

sooner59
12/5/2010, 01:05 PM
My throat is still sore. I was yelling at OU-tx levels all game. I couldn't talk by the end of the game, and I sound like a long-time smoker today because of it. :D

I was pleased with my seats as we (students) were in the lower bowl in the corner on the OU side of the Nebraska endzone. Not bad seats.

My only problem was with the OU athletic department. We had grouped 4 tickets together and when we got our tickets, none were grouped. We got to our seats and realize that nobody's tickets were grouped right around us, so we all just met at my seats and people just sat where they wanted to in other people's seats as it was a jumbled messed. But it was a Sooner section, so everybody just went with the flow and there were no seat disputes, just cheering and celebration for OUr Sooners!

yermom
12/5/2010, 05:00 PM
i was in the other endzone in a pretty mixed section

the Huskers were quite a bit louder than us where i was

HBick
12/5/2010, 05:02 PM
I thought it was at least 60/40 Nebbish, but on a non conservative estimate, I'd guess 65/35.

MyT Oklahoma
12/5/2010, 05:11 PM
I can only suppose that attending the last Big 12 Championship Game was a better choice than wherever the Bugeaters will end up for a bowl game.

allanace16
12/5/2010, 05:11 PM
60/40 sounds about right, but 65/35 wouldn't have surprised me. With that stadium the way it was last night, I'd call that just as much of a "road" win as any of 'em.

3rdgensooner
12/5/2010, 05:32 PM
As I said the last time we played nebbish in the ccg: they brought the fans, we brought the pain.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/5/2010, 05:37 PM
Sure sounded like it from sec C133.

huskerland
12/5/2010, 05:54 PM
Yup, a lot of Red or sure! I thought I'd drop into this thread and say congratulations to a Great Big Twelve champion OU. Oh man ,that was hard to say but, farewell ! The OU/ NU meetings are all over and I hope the younger Husker/Sooner fans finally realize what a great series this has been! Of course. I don't feel that great this morning but, that's the price we all pay being football fans. No excuses here. we just got beat! Good luck in your bowl game. I'll be pulling for you! Also, I'll be pulling for you all in your conference games!!

Again : congratulations champs!

Thank you for the use of your board, you have treated me very good on my visits!

slh1234
12/5/2010, 06:00 PM

Gotta love that :).

jumperstop
12/5/2010, 06:19 PM
Where were you sitting? I was in the OU student section behind the goalpost. I thought we were very very loud.

Right behind the goal post too, just a tier up from you. I was sitting around a lot of players families. They didn't seem to care about the game very much sometimes only how the player they were related to was doing. Always getting snacks and walking in front at the ****tiest times. There was another lady behind me asleep. Not freaking kidding you, passed out the entire game.

btb916
12/5/2010, 06:34 PM
I sat in section 126, right behind the pride. Early, the Neb fans on the other side of the endzone, above and around their band, sounded like a wall of sound. As the game progressed, I thought we got real rowdy and made a heck of a lot of noise. But I definitely saw more Neb fans than OU.

DUCKHUNTDAVE
12/5/2010, 09:05 PM
I was in 148... opposite endzone from the bands. I would think 65/35 was close, but thinking 70/30... From my seats, I could almost see a line from OU to Neb fans... started at the 50 and worked towards the OU band and past to the middle of the goal posts... and that was it. OU fans scattered throughout the stadium, but it was LOADED with Neb fans. I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking before the game, ahh, it's early...OU fans will show. But never did. Why? was it the ticket sales thing? We should try to make sure this never happens again? I thought we traveled better than that? An embarrassing day for OU fans to say the least. I've lost my voice as well trying to yell over Neb fans. Ridiculous. Apologies to the players for creating a road environment for them. :(

PLaw
12/5/2010, 09:53 PM
Chalk up another road win then.

I think 3 in a row qualifies as a streak. Keep streakin' SOONERS!

BOOMER

PLaw
12/5/2010, 09:54 PM
60/40 sounds about right, but 65/35 wouldn't have surprised me. With that stadium the way it was last night, I'd call that just as much of a "road" win as any of 'em.

Initially, I thought it was about 55/45. All I know is that we were out numbered.

BOOMER

ougirl2002
12/6/2010, 12:13 AM
Nebraska fans travel very very well. Was talking to a really good friend that is in the ticket business and he said he couldn't of asked for a better match-up for that game. He loves OU fans because they travel and spend money. Nebraska fans same thing.

Also, if you are a Cowboys season ticket holder you got to have access to purchase tickets October 28th and the rest of the public didn't have access till November 5th. Then you had the school allotments after that.

We were sitting in a suite and from where we could see it looked like a lot of Nebraska fans, but then we went to the other side to see some friends at their suite and it looked like there was about equal OU fans. Also, it is really hard to judge fan base there by noise level. That stadium is not known for its acoustics. I thought from where we were that OU fans were really loud, but I was also surrounded by them.

It was a great game and one I will never forget. Unlike the one I would love to forget in Kansas City in 2003 in the freezing cold.

KABOOKIE
12/6/2010, 07:30 AM
My guess would have been 55/45 with 60/40 in favor of Nebb being the conservative estimate.

One thing for sure is there were NO osu fans! :D

I did see one longwhorn.

olevetonahill
12/6/2010, 08:44 AM
I was in 226 Maybe Just me but I thot the fans looked pretty much = and our fans were louder. Im like 59 Still kinda hoarse today ;)

...sooner
12/6/2010, 09:25 AM

--i was in the 3rd row section 223 & the people in the 2 rows in front of me stood up maaaaybe 4 times??? maybe. & everytime we were on defense me & my friend & these 2 girls behind us were constantly trying to get people up & be loud!

My guess would have been 55/45 with 60/40 in favor of Nebb being the conservative estimate.

I did see one longwhorn.

--i saw about 3 OSU fans. they are the ones they probably sold all their tickets to nebraska fans considering they were the best team EVAR & a lot of em thought there were going!

cb4ou
12/6/2010, 11:19 AM
I saw one OSU fan. I was in a Suite with about 30 people and 25 were Nebraska fans. They were ok a little of the top in the beginning but it was priceless after the 4th down stop. Also I was on the Oklahoma side and the roar from the Nebraska fans sounded much louder than our fans.

fwsooner22
12/6/2010, 11:29 AM
I was in 238 which is a North section. Lots of OU fans but from where is sat it was 60-40 Huskers. I am impressed we got that many fans with the way they distribute tickets.

My high school son and I were the first fans in the stadium and among the last to leave what a great experience.

Huskers lost the first and last Big 12 Champs game. Finished 2-4 in the Big 12 Championship. I am OK with that.

The Huskers that sat around me were STUNNED that they didn't win. It was really cool to watch. Thanks Sooners.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/6/2010, 11:39 AM
DB is pointing in the crowd like "I told you to bet on Crimson and Creme"

What an a**hat. He looks like he is celebrating, and he really has no reason to. He could be showing a little restraint. Oh well, I don't think he'll have this job in two or three years.

Regarding the crowd noise, initially it really sounded like a road game on TV. And then when NU ripped off the run and when they got up 17 it definitely sounded all NU, as you might expect.

We must have been a little stunned initially. But by the time we scored the second TD we most definitely woke up. OU cheering sounded very loud on TV. Not quite as loud as NU, but if it was indeed about a 60-40 split, the 40 got as rowdy as you could expect.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. This one felt like classic OU-Nebraka. High flying offenses coming in, but dominant defenses taking over the game in a real slugfest.

Looking to the future, if the remaining Big XII teams elect to expand back to 12 members, I suggest we issue an invite to one team for sure:

Nebraska.

And this time we do it right with a 5-2-2 model that has us playing every year.

For Auld Lang Syne....

jumperstop
12/6/2010, 11:43 AM
Looking to the future, if the remaining Big XII teams elect to expand back to 12 members, I suggest we issue an invite to one team for sure:

Nebraska.

And this time we do it right with a 5-2-2 model that has us playing every year.

For Auld Lang Syne....

Won't ever happen as long as texas is in the conference. They boo'd the texas award winners and anything texas at the game as much as we were. They loath texas at this point.

MrJimBeam
12/6/2010, 01:14 PM

I did see one longwhorn.

I saw more OSU fans than Longhorns.

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/6/2010, 01:19 PM
I saw more OSU fans than Longhorns.

They wanted to be part of a championship

zeke
12/6/2010, 01:41 PM

YES!

stoopified
12/6/2010, 01:45 PM
They outnumbered us during the game. We outnumbered them during the trophy presentation. :DTrue dat

huskers1ncaa
12/6/2010, 04:30 PM
Nebraska always travels well and we had an estimated 40,000 to 50,000 fans in Dallas. This was by far the best trip I have made for excitement. I would like to say congrats to the Sooner and their fans. I hate to lose, but when we lose to Oklahoma, after a few days, I am at peace with it. This is how the Big 12 should have ended for us, except with a victory. I and many Husker fans have always admired and respected the Sooners and all their fans. We will miss playing you guys but wish you luck. Believe it or not, many Husker fans, me included, count Oklahoma as our 2nd favorite college team. It's been a long ride and I'm sorry to exit the Big 12, but this makes sense so many ways for us. Good luck to all of Sooner Nation. Husker fans will be rooting for you. Go get em, and PLEASE, keep taking out the Longhorns.