PDA

View Full Version : Redzone performance on the season

chad
12/5/2010, 01:00 AM
First off Boomer Sooner for another, and final, Big XII championship!!!

This post is the results of many of our posts during the game and our voices showing concern over redzone performance.

I've been frustrated with our apparent breakdown of offensive power as soon as we broke the 20 yard line. Today's game was especially trying with 5 attempts, 1 TD, 3 FG, 1 missed FG.

Instead of just bitching about it because I felt we had issues, I decided to pull some numbers from the season and thrown it in excel to see how it stacks up in real life. Now I haven't compared it with other teams, but these results do seem pretty pathetic for an OU offense. Now we've been able to get it done this season, which I am eternally grateful, but I think we could have been much better this year. (I'm no coach, but when I have troubles in the redzone on the xbox, I find something that works :) )

So what's the deal with our offense inside the redzone? Playcalling going stale, players slacking on their assignments, players not coached well, being flat out out-coached or outplayed? That's what's up for discussion here.

I love Wilson for what he did in 2008, but am extremely frustrated with him for our failures in the redzone in the NCG and in this season. I just feel he may lack that killer instinct when it's within the 20. Outside of the 20 :bow down: as he's proven he can flat out call an exciting game.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/f3bac3e4.jpg

I suppose I could have waited a few days for this post so we could celebrate more, but it's on my mind and I have it ready to go so why not :D

CrimsonRez
12/5/2010, 01:14 AM
damn you pulled an excell spreadsheet...nice

chad
12/5/2010, 01:32 AM
damn you pulled an excell spreadsheet...nice
you know it!

Sometimes I get too analytical for my own good, I wanted to pull stats from other teams in the Big 12 and run some real analysis to see how OU fared.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 01:33 AM
Chad, you need to drink more. :D

BlownGP
12/5/2010, 01:48 AM
man 2 INTs in the mizzu game and 4 missed field goals in the a&m game....

Talk about game changers...

Okie35
12/5/2010, 01:53 AM
It was really the line not blowing anyone up.

rm50
12/5/2010, 02:11 AM
It seems Stoops has the illusion that we are a power running team and the fact is that in the Red Zone the defenses over power us.

chad
12/5/2010, 05:48 PM
Chad, you need to drink more. :D

Sadly, that was after I had been drinking :)