PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Wilson

SoonerGrant
12/5/2010, 12:45 AM
Will he be leaving before or after our bowl game?
Since it looks like we are playing UConn, I wouldn't mind seeing Heupel in there, to see what he can do.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 12:47 AM
His play calling tonight baffled me. Especially in the red zone and inside our own 20 yard line. He lost his sack from last week. He seemed like he was in a parallel universe at times tonight.

Cornfed
12/5/2010, 12:48 AM
I thought he did an excellent job EXCEPT in the red zone.

colinreturn
12/5/2010, 12:50 AM

what about 4th and inches shotgun handoff

Cornfed
12/5/2010, 12:51 AM
what about 4th and inches shotgun handoff

The backside def end went unblocked there or we get it.

zeke
His play calling tonight baffled me. Especially in the red zone and inside our own 20 yard line. He lost his sack from last week. He seemed like he was in a parallel universe at times tonight.

I was puzzled too. Seems like we are close to being really good at times and then we have a series or two of crap. I dont get it.

Soonerfan88
Don't believe he has officially announced that he is leaving. Still conflicting reports on whether he has even interviewed yet. I won't consider him as gone until he's actually gone.

Okie35
12/5/2010, 12:52 AM

Yea I think we were just going too fast. On a few of those 4th downs I would've rather had us slow down. You really have to give a hand to Kevin Wilson though Landry still threw for 342 and we had over 450 yards of offense on that Nebraska defense.

SoonerGrant
12/5/2010, 12:53 AM
I'm not saying good or bad things about Wilson here, Im just saying if he is gone, I'd like to see what Heupel can do against a Mediocre Big East team. See if he has what it takes to become a head coach some day..

Okie35
12/5/2010, 12:53 AM
Don't believe he has officially announced that he is leaving. Still conflicting reports on whether he has even interviewed yet. I won't consider him as gone until he's actually gone.

He was interviewed on Friday (well a meeting) but I think the OC from Michigan State will get the job.

Cornfed
12/5/2010, 12:55 AM
I'm not saying good or bad things about Wilson here, Im just saying if he is gone, I'd like to see what Heupel can do against a Mediocre Big East team. See if he has what it takes to become a head coach some day..

I agree let him have a test drive....lol

OUChampsBig12
12/5/2010, 12:57 AM
The problem tonight was that Wilson/Stoopes believed in getting the run started before the pass. I think get the Sophomore QB Jones before you worry about the Senior RB Murray. But this team dominated after the 1st quater for a big win for this young team! Boomer Baby!

colinreturn
12/5/2010, 01:49 AM

exactly. considering we needed a few inches, a qb sneak or even a i-formation play AT LEAST would be more sufficient for the inches needed.

pappy
12/5/2010, 02:15 AM

Seems like its always the backside def end who stuffs it...maybe its the blocking scheme. Against A&M it seemed like von miller was always coming off the edge back side to get the stop on short yardage play.

rm50
12/5/2010, 02:19 AM
Kevin works for Stoops. His play calling reflects what Bob wants to do.

I thought in this game we came into determined to run no matter what. That is why Nebraska dominated us in the first qtr. Once we started calling a much more balanced attack we did better.

Of course on 4th downs and in the Red Zone, Stoops is under the impression that we have a power run game and unfortunately he is proven wrong most of the time.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 07:11 AM
The problem tonight was that Wilson/Stoopes believed in getting the run started before the pass. I think get the Sophomore QB Jones before you worry about the Senior RB Murray. But this team dominated after the 1st quater for a big win for this young team! Boomer Baby!

Look...the staff knew that the nebbish d line would give us fits...without a run game or threat of a run game we would not have won the game...

Why do you think Madu got so many carries? it was to keep a fresh back in the game and attempt to wear out (thus slow) the nebbish defense and to keep them honest...

ARCO IRIS
12/5/2010, 08:36 AM
Kevin works for Stoops. His play calling reflects what Bob wants to do.

I thought in this game we came into determined to run no matter what. That is why Nebraska dominated us in the first qtr. Once we started calling a much more balanced attack we did better.

Of course on 4th downs and in the Red Zone, Stoops is under the impression that we have a power run game and unfortunately he is proven wrong most of the time.

I agree totally. If you will, please remember we had the same complaints when Chuck Long was the OC. Wilson either thinks exactly like CL or it is not him doing it. Surely, if it was a coach under KW calling it somebody, KW, or BS, would re-organize responsibilities and improve play calling. Dang, it must be Bob Stoops who is the culprit behind the stubborn and predictable play calling. Anybody want to fire BS and hire John Blake back?

OU-HSV
12/5/2010, 08:42 AM
The play call of the night IMO was the fourth and two, play action bootleg. It was a perfect play call because everyone and their dog figured we would really be running it up the middle.
But I was not impressed with our redzone playcalling. It just wasn't working out. I'm starting to wonder if maybe Landry is sometimes not making the right changes at the line of scrimmage.
And nothing sucks more than having a nice drive fizzle out and knowing we'll either be going for it on fourth down or going out there to attempt a fg kick that probably has a 50% chance of making it.

ictsooner7
12/5/2010, 10:18 AM

It’s been a problem for us all year. After the int and fumble I was screaming at the tv snap the ball, snap the ball. I don’t understand why they didn’t go in setup and snap it. I two or three yard loss is better than turning it over.

Soonermagik
12/5/2010, 10:22 AM
If he really is leaving, I say we throw as much money as we can at the Boise State O-coordinator.

fadada1
12/5/2010, 10:37 AM
so, what's the difference between this year and 2008 in the red zone?

playcalling? execution? both? neither?

the "diamond" formation seems to work everywhere, but we used it once (maybe twice) in the entire first half. play action works, but was not used until the 2nd half. having 3 first and goal opportunities and walking away with 6 points is **** poor at best. once we got down inside the five, we seemed to go with an I formation or single back set. i had 3 beers in my and told my wife what was coming next.... followed closely by a field goal attempt.

KW playcalling was mediocre at best last night - similar to a&m and mizzou, imo.

BulverdeSooner
12/5/2010, 10:51 AM
As regards the Wilson/Long comparisons, ease up there...
At the time of Chuck, my 2-yr old son & my wife accurately called 90% of OUs plays. Wilson, despite some of his frequent absent mindedness, occasionally remembers to dial up some of the many weapons he has and
Wilson > Long by a decent margin.

That being said, I'm just as frustrated as most with the inept red-zone offense and occasional Long-like Playcalling forays.
I believe many times that Stoops & his entire staff firmly believe that they can in fact make the square peg fit in the round hole...

TMcGee86
12/5/2010, 10:58 AM
For the most part I thought he called a good game, I just don't know why he gets so vanilla on the goalline. I know you should feel like you can line up and get a yard if you need it, but the diamond was working and he didn't go to it in the redzone or when we were backed up in our own end. Both situations seem like perfect opportunities to use that and if you are running it anyway, why not have options?

Scott D
12/5/2010, 11:15 AM
If he really is leaving, I say we throw as much money as we can at the Boise State O-coordinator.

pretty sure he doesn't want to step down from being their head coach.

OU-HSV
12/5/2010, 11:22 AM

playcalling? execution? both? neither?

the "diamond" formation seems to work everywhere, but we used it once (maybe twice) in the entire first half. play action works, but was not used until the 2nd half. having 3 first and goal opportunities and walking away with 6 points is **** poor at best. once we got down inside the five, we seemed to go with an I formation or single back set. i had 3 beers in my and told my wife what was coming next.... followed closely by a field goal attempt.

KW playcalling was mediocre at best last night - similar to a&m and mizzou, imo.
I wondered why we didn't use it more last night as well.

OUNC06
12/5/2010, 11:27 AM

Phil Loadholt, Duke Robinson, Jon Cooper, Trent Williams. Four NFL Olineman
We also had a all-time great QB Sam Bradford.

recemp
12/5/2010, 11:34 AM
It seems that we insist on winning our way instead of the way we are given.

mightysooner
12/5/2010, 11:46 AM
Even though we won it was classic KW in full effect. He just resorted back to his pea brained self last night. He seems to want to play into the strength of the defenses he faces instead of attacking their weaknesses. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches tape. I credit the players for getting this win. They wanted it in spite of him.

tcrb
12/5/2010, 11:48 AM

Jermaine Gresham.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 11:52 AM
Even though we won it was classic KW in full effect. He just resorted back to his pea brained self last night. He seems to want to play into the strength of the defenses he faces instead of attacking their weaknesses. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches tape. I credit the players for getting this win. They wanted it in spite of him.

God our fans are stupid. "I wonder if he even watches tape."

You credit the players? No **** Sherlock. When the players execute we usually win. DOH.

It amazes me how many dumbasses on this board think they know more about football than Wilson.

God our fans are stupid.

Scott D
12/5/2010, 11:54 AM
get it right grumpy, people are stupid. they just happen to be fans of sports teams as well.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 11:56 AM
True enough holmes. True enough.

SoonerMom2
12/5/2010, 11:57 AM

Exactly! This is a very young team as so many forget. A lot of those plays Sam would have changed at the line of scrimmage if he saw something else.

Wilson on KREF sounded like he was considering taking the job although he wouldn't say outright. People in Indiana seem to think he is going to be their next head coach.

He is from the Big 10 area so this would be a good fit although Indiana is not exactly a football school (understatement)!

OUNC06
12/5/2010, 12:06 PM

You credit the players? No **** Sherlock. When the players execute we usually win. DOH.

It amazes me how many dumbasses on this board think they know more about football than Wilson.

God our fans are stupid.

I watched the game last night with some clueless morons. I know enough about the game to realize that my knowledge is elementary compared to Kevin Wilson.

fadada1
12/5/2010, 12:06 PM

[spicoli] "Those guys are FAGS!!!!!"

;)

mightysooner
12/5/2010, 12:16 PM

God our fans are stupid.

It amazes me how many dumbasses on this board just swing from any OU coaches nutsack in absolute deference to their supreme "football knowledge" because they really don't have any football knowledge of their own with which to evaluate our level of play. I heard the same lippy garbage from my own fellow fans when I criticized Chuck Long years ago and he should be selling insurance back in Iowa by now so spare me. The "watching tape" comment was tongue in cheek. Look up the meaning of the phrase so you'll understand it better and perhaps more easily identify it going forward in your internet coaching career.

C&CDean
12/5/2010, 12:29 PM
It amazes me how many dumbasses on this board just swing from any OU coaches nutsack in absolute deference to their supreme "football knowledge" because they really don't have any football knowledge of their own with which to evaluate our level of play. I heard the same lippy garbage from my own fellow fans when I criticized Chuck Long years ago and he should be selling insurance back in Iowa by now so spare me. The "watching tape" comment was tongue in cheek. Look up the meaning of the phrase so you'll understand it better and perhaps more easily identify it going forward in your internet coaching career.

So what you're saying is that you've always been a clueless hater. I believe you. Really I do.

I guess you're too stupid to read or comprehend anybody's posts but your own. Several here have pointed out things - like the loss of 4 (actually 5 with Gresham) linemen to the NFL. Guys like you think O-linemen are grown on trees. Guys like you are too busy throwing spittle-spraying profanity-laced tirades against the coaches to look at little things like missed assignments or stellar play by the opposing team. Simply put, you expect perfection on every play.

So how about you and your hater buddies keep your own lippy garbage to your own pathetic selfs. Thanks in advance.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 12:37 PM
Guys like you are too busy throwing spittle-spraying profanity-laced tirades against the coaches to look at little things like missed assignments or stellar play by the opposing team...

This one seems to be prevalent on this board (probably all fan boards). If we lose or even make mistakes, there is someone at fault. It's never attributed to good play by the other team or good calls by the other coaches. But most the time that's exactly the reason. The other coaches are paid too and work their azzes off to win. The other players are doing their best to confound us and sometimes they get it done.

lexred
12/5/2010, 12:44 PM
As a "refugee" from the Insiders Board I have seen the O coordinator bashing and rehashing for years. Right now OU could have more offensive playmakers than ever. Not better than some past stars, but as a group darned good. I don't keep stats, but late in the game the commentators said OU was 1 out of 16 on third down conversions. Yikes, 1 out of 16. When we had to settle for the missed field goal that would have tied it up, then got the ball back had to settle for another field goal to tie, I kept thinking if we had two TDs it would be 31-20 OU and party time. Instead we got another nail biter.

Wilson is a highly paid O coordinator so he is going to get the heat, rightly or wrongly. BUT 1 out of 16 on third down is not good. Continuing to misfire in the red zone is not good. Even as a poor old fan I can see that.

I also think Venables derserves props for showing innovation in the last two games. The Saban D completely confused the aggots and gave the children of the corn fits also. The kids on D played lights out. Just a little help form the O and that game could have been a blow out.

mightysooner
12/5/2010, 12:57 PM
So what you're saying is that you've always been a clueless hater. I believe you. Really I do.

I guess you're too stupid to read or comprehend anybody's posts but your own. Several here have pointed out things - like the loss of 4 (actually 5 with Gresham) linemen to the NFL. Guys like you think O-linemen are grown on trees. Guys like you are too busy throwing spittle-spraying profanity-laced tirades against the coaches to look at little things like missed assignments or stellar play by the opposing team. Simply put, you expect perfection on every play.

So how about you and your hater buddies keep your own lippy garbage to your own pathetic selfs. Thanks in advance.

Guys like me look at the entire body of work and make evaluations based solely on easily identifiable patterns. A hater? Of my own team? I think not.
I'm not sure what you're blathering on about with all the liberties you're taking over one comment I made. Even with all those 4 NFL linemen and Gresham, we weren't a dominant, explosive team running the football. Guys like me just aren't as excuse prone as others nor do we swing from a coaches nutsack because he represents an extension of our own ego.

stoopified
12/5/2010, 01:07 PM
The problem tonight was that Wilson/Stoopes believed in getting the run started before the pass. I think get the Sophomore QB Jones before you worry about the Senior RB Murray. But this team dominated after the 1st quater for a big win for this young team! Boomer Baby!You don;t think that just MAYBE the sucess we had running (Murray 17-68,Finch 8-38,Madu 3-12) allowed us to be sucessfull passing the ball?If the Cornies could ignore OUr run game and tee off on Jones ,OUR offense would have looked like Nebraska's second half O.

Joe
12/5/2010, 01:15 PM

Actually 6 lineman counting Brody Eldridge.

I also think Venables derserves props for showing innovation in the last two games. The Saban D completely confused the aggots and gave the children of the corn fits also. The kids on D played lights out. Just a little help form the O and that game could have been a blow out.

I don't remember seeing any of Sabans' D out there. Was mostly 4-3 with some nickel. Our DE has stood up in the spinner position since Dan Cody, so...

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 01:47 PM
It amazes me how many dumbasses on this board just swing from any OU coaches nutsack in absolute deference to their supreme "football knowledge" because they really don't have any football knowledge of their own with which to evaluate our level of play.

Stop.

You don't know as much about coordinating offenses as KW.

You just don't.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 01:49 PM
Wilson is a highly paid O coordinator so he is going to get the heat, rightly or wrongly. BUT 1 out of 16 on third down is not good.

How do you know it was the play call and not the execution or great play by the defense?

KC//CRIMSON
12/5/2010, 04:48 PM
For the most part, Kevin Wilson got owned through out the game by Pelini. He must of had a hard time concentrating while Leroy Lizard was blowing him in the play booth.

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 05:00 PM
For the most part, Kevin Wilson got owned through out the game by Pelini. He must of had a hard time concentrating while Leroy Lizard was blowing him in the play booth.

No...

Wilson's plan was to run the ball with multiple backs out of various sets to wear down the defense...

The staff knew that we could not expect to control the nebbish d line without some threat of a run...

At the end of the game the offense was able to move the ball enough to score a victory...we were a far stronger team in the fourth quarter...offense and defense...and luck didn't make that happen...

KC//CRIMSON
12/5/2010, 05:19 PM
No...

Wilson's plan was to run the ball with multiple backs out of various sets to wear down the defense...

The staff knew that we could not expect to control the nebbish d line without some threat of a run...

At the end of the game the offense was able to move the ball enough to score a victory...we were a far stronger team in the fourth quarter...offense and defense...and luck didn't make that happen...

To wear them down? Really? Cause we only gained 117 yards total between three running backs the entire game. And in case you forgot, they scored a whopping three points total in the third, and three points total in the fourth.

Man, Leroy and Kevin sure showed them!

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 05:22 PM
To wear them down? Really? Cause we only gained 117 yards total between three running backs the entire game. And in case you forgot, we scored a whopping three points total in the third, and three points total in the fourth.

Man, Leroy and Kevin sure showed them!

Believe whatever you want....

The staff knew they couldn't control the d line early in the game....

Their plan was to win the game...not win the first quarter....

KC//CRIMSON
12/5/2010, 05:28 PM
Believe whatever you want....

The staff knew they couldn't control the d line early in the game....

Their plan was to win the game...not win the first quarter....

Of course the plan was to win? WTF?

If they knew they couldn't control the D-line early in the game, why was Murray and Finch sent straight into a meat grinder over and over and over?

Was Wilson huffing paint during the National Anthem or something?

pphilfran
12/5/2010, 05:33 PM

If they knew they couldn't control the D-line early in the game, why was Murray and Finch sent straight into a meat grinder over and over and over?

Did Wilson huff paint during the National Anthem or something?

If they would have given up running the ball up the middle the husker d line would have pinned their ears back and had a big handful of Landry on every play...the huskers had some fine d backs that were very physical...that in itself caused us multiple problems with timing routes...

The Sooners used various sets....but they HAD to run the ball...and they were just successful enough to muster enough offense late in the game to get the job done...

Nebbish has a fine defense that matched up well with the Sooners...

The Sooners were not going to run roughshod over them...the staff realized that and planned accordingly...

Their plan worked...

Okie35
12/5/2010, 05:52 PM
You don;t think that just MAYBE the sucess we had running (Murray 17-68,Finch 8-38,Madu 3-12) allowed us to be sucessfull passing the ball?If the Cornies could ignore OUr run game and tee off on Jones ,OUR offense would have looked like Nebraska's second half O.

It did and that was the plan coming into the game their run defense is weaker than their pass defense. Anyone who didn't think the run opened the pass is an idiot. Perfect example was when we ran 3 straight off tackles then Landry was able to throw deep. They brought up their safeties after we ran 3 straight times.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 05:55 PM

You sure seemed to have lost sight of the goal.

adoniijahsooner
12/5/2010, 06:17 PM
Like I said in a thread before; if we started that game by throwing the ball every down we lose the game. One misconception about a balanced attack is that people think if your not running the ball down someones throat, that means it should be tossed aside. Not true. Rushing attempts is what helps your passing game. The game against TCU in 08 was a perfect example....Sam had 400+ passing in that game on 19-34, and the team had 25 yards on 36 carries. TCU was focused on stopping the run which got them beat deep a couple of times.....Why do I bring this up? Last night, though not as explosive, yielded the same big plays through the air. Basically, Wilson ran the same gameplan last night that he ran two years ago.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 06:17 PM
It did and that was the plan coming into the game their run defense is weaker than their pass defense. Anyone who didn't think the run opened the pass is an idiot. Perfect example was when we ran 3 straight off tackles then Landry was able to throw deep. They brought up their safeties after we ran 3 straight times.

Can you dumb this down for the KW bashers? They'll never understand this. They only understand "Throw it deep! Throw it deep!"

btb916
12/5/2010, 06:23 PM
Kevin Wilson called a great game last night. Nothing can sum this up more than Landry Jones running on 4th down and fooling the entire state of Nebraska (and most of Oklahoma, too. Oh and definitely all of Texas.).

slh1234
12/5/2010, 06:24 PM
He can't be seriously considered for another head coaching job. How many times have those with great football knowledge on this board told us about the many reasons nobody is offering him a HC job? How many times have they used their great football knowledge to tell us why nobody has offered him a head coaching job before? We all know those knowledgeable fans on here who tell us how sorry KW is can't be wrong, now don't we?

SoonerAtKU
12/5/2010, 08:56 PM
Even with all those 4 NFL linemen and Gresham, we weren't a dominant, explosive team running the football.

Two thousand-yard rushers. Two.

I know you forget about this because of the stops near the goal line in the championship game, but they were certainly a talented and explosive running team.

OUNC06
12/5/2010, 09:04 PM

Was Wilson huffing paint during the National Anthem or something?

As far as football knowledge is concerned you are a retard. Unfortunately, you aren't smart enough to realize it.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 09:10 PM
He can't be seriously considered for another head coaching job. How many times have those with great football knowledge on this board told us about the many reasons nobody is offering him a HC job? How many times have they used their great football knowledge to tell us why nobody has offered him a head coaching job before? We all know those knowledgeable fans on here who tell us how sorry KW is can't be wrong, now don't we?

You're right: I'm not sure he would be a great head coach.

As an offensive coordinator, however, hes pretty damned good.

wishbonesooner
12/5/2010, 10:06 PM
KW has done a good job for us. OU's offense has set a bunch of records. i always preferred the wide open style of Leach and Mangino, but you can't argue with success. I think coordinators can get a little stale though, and I'd like a fresh guy with a little more imagination. I don't think I know more about football than Kevin Wilson, and I really don't give a ***k what Dean thinks about my opinion.

CreansCrowd
12/6/2010, 10:24 AM
Any more news/buzz about Wilson coming to Indiana?

We're starving for a winning coach. Haven't had one since Mallory back in the late 80's early 90's. A host of awful Presidents and AD's have seen to it our Football program continually sucked. Now we've got an AD, (and the one before him who left after the Sampson debacle) that is determined to bring the football program out of the doldrums. Huge investments in facilities, better recruiting, and the willingness to finally PAY a coach has us excited for continued winning seasons.

Personally, I think there is TOO much info out there for it to be Wilson. Our AD, Glass, is a one man search committee and has said "Those that are talking don't know and those that know aren't talking".

We'll see. I think Wilson would be a solid hire, but we'd like to see a "name" HC here.

OUmillenium
12/6/2010, 10:30 AM
It’s been a problem for us all year. After the int and fumble I was screaming at the tv snap the ball, snap the ball. I don’t understand why they didn’t go in setup and snap it. I two or three yard loss is better than turning it over.

So was our whole watch party!!!!!!!!

Traber tried to defend the coaching staff (surprise, surpise) on the post game commercial animal saying that Nebraska was calling timeout why we were trying to hurry and snap it. But he was way wrong.

We were doing the meerkat stare and could have easily used a hurry up snap. I told my Brother in law...even if LJ just takes a knee, its' 2nd and whatever but our ball instead of Nebraska in the Red Zone. Where is the hurry up play we used on 4th and fail? That would have been perfect just to maintain possession?

Playcalling overall was better again last night, but there are way too many blunders week to week. I don't have the answer for it.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/6/2010, 11:05 AM
I wondered why we didn't use it more last night as well.

This seems to be a consistent question asked after OU has played a game. What is the deal with Wilson? He spends more time out guessing himself he is almost useless at play calling...

I wonder what the Poseidons think that he can bring to the table that all of the other failed coaches didn't do previously. No one, I mean no one, will ever be able to win at Indiana, it is just not a football location.

texaspokieokie
12/6/2010, 11:27 AM
they need someone like June Jones. he rebuilt UH & SMU.

the right coach could do well there, it's not a tiny school.

mgsooner
12/6/2010, 11:59 AM
I can't wait until either Norvell or Heupel or both assume the OC responsibilities, are initially hailed as saviors, and then within a year are hated as much as Wilson is. It's like a broken record. I'm not sure why some people haven't realized that yet. "Wait a second - I've hated every OU OC for years if not decades..."

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 01:31 PM

Traber tried to defend the coaching staff (surprise, surpise) on the post game commercial animal saying that Nebraska was calling timeout why we were trying to hurry and snap it. But he was way wrong.

We were doing the meerkat stare and could have easily used a hurry up snap. I told my Brother in law...even if LJ just takes a knee, its' 2nd and whatever but our ball instead of Nebraska in the Red Zone. Where is the hurry up play we used on 4th and fail? That would have been perfect just to maintain possession?

Playcalling overall was better again last night, but there are way too many blunders week to week. I don't have the answer for it.

It's probably a lot tougher to pull this off than you think. Communication is not quite as easy as between two friends sitting in a living room.

If the ball should have been snapped earlier, it's on Stoops not KW.

badger
12/6/2010, 01:33 PM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101206_92_0_Oklaho68429) is the latest - he's interviewing at Indiana, according to an OU ath dept source.

I think Stoops denied it last week because (a) he didn't interview yet, and (b) no need to distract the team before the championship game and (c) it was false that he had secretly flown out there to interview then... where do they make up that stuff?!

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 01:34 PM
This seems to be a consistent question asked after OU has played a game. What is the deal with Wilson? He spends more time out guessing himself he is almost useless at play calling...

Or... he had a good reason for his decisions.

Leroy Lizard
12/6/2010, 01:39 PM
Here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101206_92_0_Oklaho68429) is the latest - he's interviewing at Indiana, according to an OU ath dept source.

I think Stoops denied it last week because (a) he didn't interview yet, and (b) no need to distract the team before the championship game and (c) it was false that he had secretly flown out there to interview then... where do they make up that stuff?!

Stoops denied it because it was in the team's best interest to deny it. I don't care if he told a bald-faced lie. Whether or not an OU employee interviews with another employer is none of our damned business.

Salt City Sooner
12/6/2010, 02:06 PM
I can't wait until either Norvell or Heupel or both assume the OC responsibilities, are initially hailed as saviors, and then within a year are hated as much as Wilson is. It's like a broken record. I'm not sure why some people haven't realized that yet. "Wait a second - I've hated every OU OC for years if not decades..."
I'd 'spek this twice if I could.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2010, 02:10 PM

Maybe we could have quick snapped the ball and got a gift. But they got the call correct and that is the intention of replay. I say man-up and overcome the obstacles and win the game anyway. We did that; and even if we didn't I wouldn't be moaning about that call.

Scott D
12/6/2010, 03:15 PM

it'll take less than a year, it'll start before the non conference schedule ends.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/6/2010, 03:30 PM

The only way to be a beloved OC is to do what Mike Leach did. Come in after John Blake and leave after a year.

KC//CRIMSON
12/6/2010, 06:51 PM
As far as football knowledge is concerned you are a retard. Unfortunately, you aren't smart enough to realize it.

And once you figure out your numbers and colors you could be a real threat, *uck-shelf.

cvsooner
12/6/2010, 07:31 PM
Who would have ever thought Texas and Oklahoma would lose their offensive coordinators on the same day, but for entirely different reasons?

ashley
12/6/2010, 08:58 PM
I've got a rope in my car, let hang the dumb son of a bitch before he leaves town.
I should not have said this but I got tired of people bad mouthing Wilson after he was gone.

usaosooner
12/6/2010, 09:09 PM
I've got a rope in my car, let hang the dumb son of a bitch before he leaves town.

you are a moron

ashley
12/6/2010, 09:20 PM
I guess you did not get it.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2010, 05:01 AM
Or... he had a good reason for his decisions.

There is that...

He has flashes of brilliance, why would Bobby shut him down? Afraid of losing?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2010, 05:02 AM
I understand Greg Davies is available... ;)