PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Stevens - Game winnah !!

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 12:06 AM
Jimmy out duels Henery 3 FGs to 2 FGs and gets the game winner. He is the man.

GottaHavePride
12/5/2010, 12:09 AM
I'll admit, I'm a little annoyed we didn't win by 3 TDs. The missed field goal (that should have been 7), the other times we went 90 yards down the field only to stop 5 yards from the goal and settle for 3... Rough game.

agoo758
12/5/2010, 12:10 AM
Way to bounce back after missing that first one! Man, there sure was a lot of bouncing back that took place tonight, but sometimes you gotta to do that.

BOOMER!!!!

agoo758
12/5/2010, 12:12 AM
I'll admit, I'm a little annoyed we didn't win by 3 TDs. The missed field goal (that should have been 7), the other times we went 90 yards down the field only to stop 5 yards from the goal and settle for 3... Rough game.

Sometimes teams have to find ways to win when they arn't playing there best, and that was the case for us tonight.I couldn't be prouder of these guys. :)

jdd12
12/5/2010, 12:13 AM
Stevens just didn't look comfortable lining up the one he missed. Otherwise, CLUTCH the last two games. Hennery has one big leg though.

edit: 1000% more posts than I had on oui!

Soonerfan88
12/5/2010, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately, I was driving back from visiting Mom in the hospital but at least got the game on ESPN radio. As soon as the announcer said OU was kicking from the right hash, I knew Jimmy would miss that one. He is just sooooo much better kicking from the left.

However.....Congrats, Jimmy, on another great game!!!

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 12:14 AM
CCGs are not supposed to be easy. I give props to NU for keeping it close when we had far more weapons on our side. They almost beat the horns last seaons with only 100 yards of offense, so it's no fluke that they do this. Our guys hung tough.

Therealsouthsider
12/5/2010, 12:16 AM
.... He needs to do a few sit-ups

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 12:19 AM
.... He needs to do a few sit-ups

He's working on those as we speak (type) - I'm sure of it.

stoopified
12/5/2010, 12:43 AM
Way to shake off that miss,SEVEN for his last eight.

zeke
12/5/2010, 12:45 AM
Congrats Big Jim!

Ground_Attack
12/5/2010, 12:49 AM
I'm not going to rain on his parade but Stevens kicks the past 2 games have essentially been XPs. I'd like to see him from a bit farther but I'll take short FGs and XPs and be happy with them. That said, he's made the kicks he has attempted so kudos to him for that! and good for my sooners!

Dallas
12/5/2010, 12:50 AM
Why can't Oklahoma just go recruit a kicker? Between Stevens here at Norman and Buehler there in Dallas for my Cowboys, I am literally tortured everytime my teams line up for a FG try.

I feel like pulling a pillow up over my face.

SoonerRoy
12/5/2010, 12:59 AM
Way to go, Jimmy. The last two teams OU played had FG kickers with more distance capability - but JS's field goals were the difference in both games.

jdd12
12/5/2010, 01:00 AM
7/8 in the last two games and 14/17 for the season...he missed 1 against NU, one against sand aggy, and one against cincy...looks pretty decent to me.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 01:14 AM
Why can't Oklahoma just go recruit a kicker? Between Stevens here at Norman and Buehler there in Dallas for my Cowboys, I am literally tortured everytime my teams line up for a FG try.

I feel like pulling a pillow up over my face.

Jimmy got the winner, that's all he needed. It's not his job to make you feel comfortable - in fact you're getting free drama for your entertainment dollar!! Jimmy Stevens is the most interesting kicker in the world.

sperry
12/5/2010, 01:19 AM
Jimmy played just well enough to win.. He's a pretty terrible kicker, but at least he managed 3 of 4 tonight. What a needlessly scary game. I'd be losing it if we had lost.

sooner518
12/5/2010, 11:23 AM
Jimmy's fine from inside 35. anything further......

but man it would be nice to have Nebraska's kicker. according to Holly Rowe, he doesnt wear special shoes. "he just wears regular shoes like the rest of team." probably the stupidest comment of the night seeing as how they subsequently show Henery on the sidelines wearing, not one soccer shoe, but two. apparently Holly Rowe got confused by the fact that most kickers wear different shoes on their kicking feet but Henery just wears both soccer shoes, making some statement on how that "makes him a regular guy". whatever that means.

but seriously, that Nebraska kicker is damn amazing. some stats I saw on shaggybevo:
* He has made 89.1 percent of his field goals (66 of 74). The NCAA record is 87.8 percent by Florida's Bobby Raymond.

* Henery has made 77.4 percent of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (24 of 31). The NCAA record is 72.1 percent by Georgia's Billy Bennet.

* He has made 97.6 percent of field goals inside of 40 yards (42 of 43). The NCAA career record is 97 percent.

* Henery is tied for the NCAA record with six career games with at least four field goals.

* He has combined to make 256 of 265 career kicks if you count PATs and field goals -- 96.6 percent accuracy. The FBS record is 94.9 percent by Missouri's Jeff Wolfert.

BoulderSooner79
12/5/2010, 11:35 AM
Henery is probably the best college kicker in history, so yeah, I don't think we'd complain if he was on our team.

Jimmy Stevens is the most interesting kicker in the world. He doesn't alway drink Dos Equis, but judging by the belly, he does pretty often. Stay nervous my friends.

EDIT: JS is also Big12 champion kicker :D

usaosooner
12/5/2010, 11:44 AM
Way to shake off that miss,SEVEN for his last eight.

THIS!

cvsooner
12/5/2010, 01:30 PM
Henery is incredible. I posted elsewhere how surprised I was with three minutes left that Nebraska didn't try a 62 yarder instead of punting...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/5/2010, 01:36 PM
Jimmy Stevens is the most interesting kicker in the world. He doesn't alway drink Dos Equis, but judging by the belly, he does pretty often. Stay nervous my friends.

EDIT: JS is also Big12 champion kicker :Dheh