PDA

View Full Version : So, Nebraska...

GottaHavePride
12/5/2010, 12:00 AM
How's that whole "refusing to let the program gravitate into mediocrity" going?

bringit
12/5/2010, 12:10 AM
tell me how my azz tastes /Shaq

TheHumanAlphabet
12/5/2010, 12:12 AM
Go suck on Tressels and Joe Pa's foot...

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2010, 12:14 AM
TOTAL and complete DOMINATION from the middle of the second quarter and beyond

Stitch Face
12/5/2010, 12:31 AM
It's not the "gravitation into mediocrity" they failed at...

it's the "surrendering of the Big XII to Oklahoma and Texas" that they kinda messed up on.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 12:35 AM
To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2010, 12:37 AM
HAHAHAHA...and it only gets better next yr when they go to the big 10 and get to be treated like little bitches

Soonerfan88
12/5/2010, 12:42 AM

I believe the Callahan era is still a great representative of that. :pop:

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 12:44 AM
Blake=Callahan

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2010, 12:48 AM
When you get beat by Richie Rich next year, write home.

oksoonerdave
12/5/2010, 12:49 AM
Don't know who will be in their division but Wisconsin is gonna own em. Iowa is gonna stomp em. Michigan and Michigan State is gonna make em pay.

Stitch Face
12/5/2010, 02:14 PM
Was thinking about this some more last night. I lived in Neb for a few years during the Pederson/Solich/Callahan transition and the wife and I enjoyed watching the Huskers implode on a regular basis. You could, at this point, argue whether or not NU truly fell into mediocrity; they're doing better under Bo that they were with Callahan and clearly maintained their competitiveness in the North, although on any given weekend they tend to play up and down just like the majority of other teams, which is kinda the definition of mediocre.

But what's sorta sad is the part I alluded to earlier regarding Pedey's statement about not surrendering the Big XII to OU and Texas. In the end, that's exactly what they did- loudly, demonstratively, and unashamedly so. They literally surrendered the conference and left it for 'greener' pastures after tiring of being overshadowed (not to mention outright defeated) by OU and Texas. And what was their swan song? Back-to-back fall-from-the-lead fourth quarter losses to OU and Texas on national television from Dec 2009 to Dec 2010. Kinda sad for our Big Red Brethren, and kinda awesome at the same time.

Jmorales22
12/5/2010, 02:59 PM
Didn't they get "finish" bracelets or something this year? I hope the message is clear that those are a bad idea...

Sooner_Tuf
12/5/2010, 03:29 PM
Nebraska had two goals coming into this year. Destroy Texas in Lincoln (like that would make up for the nonstop a$$ whipping Texas has laid on them) and win the Big XII Championship.

But like so many fantasies born out of jealousy eventually reality kicks your a$$ and sends you out the door with no chance of retribution, ever. I love it, HUCK the FUSKERS!

SoonerBacker
12/5/2010, 03:37 PM
Here's what the Nebraska folks got themselves into -

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Game Time (Central)

Sept. 10 Fresno State at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 17 Washington at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 24 Nebraska at Wyoming TBA

Oct. 1 Nebraska at Wisconsin TBA

Oct. 8 Ohio State at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 22 Nebraska at Minnesota TBA

Oct. 29 Michigan State at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 5 Northwestern at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 12 Nebraska at Penn State TBA

Nov. 19 Nebraska at Michigan TBA

Nov. 26 Iowa at Nebraska TBA

Dec 3, 2011 Big Ten Championship Game TBD

Dec 2011 / Jan 2012 Bowl Game TBD

http://huskersgameday.com/future-cornhuskers-football-schedule/2011-schedule/

Piware
12/5/2010, 03:55 PM
They will be in tall corn until October when the butt kickings will begin. Heck, I bet they have their hands full with the Puking Illini.

MyT Oklahoma
12/5/2010, 04:18 PM
When you get beat by Richie Rich next year, write home.

Don't bother writing.. just leave.

P.S. Bye.

Sooner in Tampa
12/31/2010, 10:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

limey_sooner
12/31/2010, 10:52 AM
Hell, based on last nights performance they should be aspiring to mediocrity.

KantoSooner
12/31/2010, 10:57 AM
Didn't they get "finish" bracelets or something this year? I hope the message is clear that those are a bad idea...

Wrist and ankle bracelets. Stainless steel. Used to hogtie each other for the marathon rough encounter sessions they laid on the team in order to get acclimated for CCG and bowl season.

Seem to be working great! They sure know how to lay down and take whatever's being given.

AlboSooner
12/31/2010, 12:13 PM
I do like that schedule though.... Nebraska v Ohio Sate, Nebb vs Joe Pa, Neeb vs Michigan..... I'll be tuning in.

we're left to play Kstate, Kansas, Iowa State, TTech and Okie Lite :(

wahoorob
12/31/2010, 12:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YC7Xk.jpg

Veritas
12/31/2010, 12:41 PM
Ya know, I typically try to avoid responding in these types of threads given that I'm pretty aware of my position as a guest here. But what the hell, I've got eleventy-million spek points, I can stand to lose a few.

You guys need to stop worrying about Nebraska and focus on your program's destiny for two reasons, one short term and one long term.

The short term on is the game against UConn. No, they shouldn't stand a chance. Nor should have West Virginia, Boise State, or TCU in your season opener a while back. OU rolls into this game thinking it's won, the wrong Landry shows up, and the embarassment Sooners are going to be talking about will be donned in a different shade of red than last night's squad of uncommitted indifferent and embarrassing losers.

In the long term, Nebraska is moving to a stable conference with a solid financial base, an established and successful television network, and a stable of football teams that have acquitted themselves fairly well in the bowl season. Oklahoma, however, remains under indentured slavery in a conference now more than ever managed out of Austin. An annoying orange and black boat anchor is chained solidly around the Sooner's ankle. To be more candid than I should be, you need to be concerned about the coming years in a conference where Texas' arrogance and greed is going to run unchecked as they doggedly pursue their own network and the subsequent revenues.

Neg me to bolivian if you must. I expect it and probably deserve it as I'm admittedly being a bit disrespectful opening my pie-hole on your board. You're free to say whatever the hell you want about any other program, NU included. But from where I stand, OU's future is far more tenuous and of far greater concern the Nebraska's. But nobody here is talking about it...either because they don't think it's an issue or they don't want to get the beat down.

TahoeSOONER
12/31/2010, 12:49 PM
Ya know, I typically try to avoid responding in these types of threads given that I'm pretty aware of my position as a guest here. But what the hell, I've got eleventy-million spek points, I can stand to lose a few.

You guys need to stop worrying about Nebraska and focus on your program's destiny for two reasons, one short term and one long term.

The short term on is the game against UConn. No, they shouldn't stand a chance. Nor should have West Virginia, Boise State, or TCU in your season opener a while back. OU rolls into this game thinking it's won, the wrong Landry shows up, and the embarassment Sooners are going to be talking about will be donned in a different shade of red than last night's squad of uncommitted indifferent and embarrassing losers.

In the long term, Nebraska is moving to a stable conference with a solid financial base, an established and successful television network, and a stable of football teams that have acquitted themselves fairly well in the bowl season. Oklahoma, however, remains under indentured slavery in a conference now more than ever managed out of Austin. An annoying orange and black boat anchor is chained solidly around the Sooner's ankle. To be more candid than I should be, you need to be concerned about the coming years in a conference where Texas' arrogance and greed is going to run unchecked as they doggedly pursue their own network and the subsequent revenues.

Neg me to bolivian if you must. I expect it and probably deserve it as I'm admittedly being a bit disrespectful opening my pie-hole on your board. You're free to say whatever the hell you want about any other program, NU included. But from where I stand, OU's future is far more tenuous and of far greater concern the Nebraska's. But nobody here is talking about it...either because they don't think it's an issue or they don't want to get the beat down.

Oklahoma stands alone bugeater, that's why we own this conference in football, and we will never be shackled by any team. Texas wants and needs OU as much as OU needs Texas, it's beneficial for both programs and CFB. If the conference imploded these two programs would still play each other and every major conference except the Big 10 would come knocking on OUs door, believe it. Nebraska just lost all it's historical rivals for the all mighty $. Go start over, OU is the only true program that will miss you.

Collier11
12/31/2010, 12:50 PM
Not gonna NEG ya cus youre a pretty solid guy but I will point out some dumb things you posted...

The short term on is the game against UConn. No, they shouldn't stand a chance. Nor should have West Virginia- was a late season loss to Pitt from playing for the Natl Title, they were a really good team and we were without 6 starters I believe. Now, we still dropped the ball in the 4th qt so im not denying that

Boise State- they were an undefeated team, its not like they were a slouch. They have proven over the decade that they can play with the big boys

OU rolls into this game thinking it's won, the wrong Landry shows up, and the embarassment Sooners are going to be talking about will be donned in a different shade of red than last night's squad of uncommitted indifferent and embarrassing losers.

How many BCS games has Neb played in? How many Conf titles has Neb won? Seems to me that Neb is the one who isnt holding up their end of the bargain

In the long term, Nebraska is moving to a stable conference with a solid financial base, an established and successful television network, and a stable of football teams that have acquitted themselves fairly well in the bowl season.

You and I both know that the BCS has rendered the majority of bowl season meaningless. What does a bowl game really prove, outside of a Championship game?

Oklahoma, however, remains under indentured slavery in a conference now more than ever managed out of Austin. An annoying orange and black boat anchor is chained solidly around the Sooner's ankle. To be more candid than I should be, you need to be concerned about the coming years in a conference where Texas' arrogance and greed is going to run unchecked as they doggedly pursue their own network and the subsequent revenues.

Do you really think, even if the Big 12/10 desolves that OU would be in any real trouble? How oh How did the Pac 10 and Big 10 survive for so long without a conf title game and without 12 teams? Do we need to add 2 more teams, probably, is it a death nail if we dont, I dont think so

3rdgensooner
12/31/2010, 12:58 PM
The short term on is the game against UConn. No, they shouldn't stand a chance. Nor should have West Virginia, Boise State, or TCU in your season opener a while back. OU rolls into this game thinking it's won, the wrong Landry shows up, and the embarassment Sooners are going to be talking about will be donned in a different shade of red than last night's squad of uncommitted indifferent and embarrassing losers. You think none of us are aware of that? That doesn't negate any of the points being made about Nebraska.

TahoeSOONER
12/31/2010, 12:59 PM
Not gonna NEG ya cus youre a pretty solid guy but I will point out some dumb things you posted...

Do you really think, even if the Big 12/10 desolves that OU would be in any real trouble? How oh How did the Pac 10 and Big 10 survive for so long without a conf title game and without 12 teams? Do we need to add 2 more teams, probably, is it a death nail if we dont, I dont think so

If anything OUr road just got easier. No more tough Big 12 title game and we get to play the North teams more. Except Mizzou, yawn.

It will only hurt us if we lose one on SOS.

King Crimson
12/31/2010, 01:08 PM
i've seen enough Sooner overconfidence to last a life-time but Veritas....you are throwing mud all over the place here. the far too familiar NU line that OU is UT's "bitch" is pretty tedious and we all know how Dr. Tom told Texas to stick and hero hooray. truth is you guys were middle of the pack in the Big XII. not a lot to brag about.

the OU team lost to Boise was ranked between 15 and 20 most of the year....it was hardly Bud Wilkinson's 55 team. we are starting FR all up and down the OL and Boise is a team (ranked ahead of OU) of 5th year seniors. TCU, not a great OU team either with inexperience at QB. you are mixing your messages here....all NU crow about the Big Ten and OU bowl overconfidence less than 24 hours after you guys lose to a team you waxed in September....

what's the real point, here? i do agree that if "bad Landry" show up, OU might struggle.

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 01:13 PM
Nebraska's arguement that the Whorns are becoming ever more present in running the Conference are only strengthened when they decided to leave the Conference rather than stand up to it. You'll have even less say in the Big Ten unless your Team is able to win the Big Ten 8 times in the next ten to twelve years. I don't see that happening and what I really think is that NU left because they saw it happening in the Big XII and it would be easier to make some **** up about tejas running the Conference than admit your Administration was leading your School into the dark ages.

Jason
12/31/2010, 01:17 PM
Veritas, you seem like a nice guy. What do discussions on a message board between fans have to do with the outcome of the Fiesta Bowl?

:confused:

Crimsontothecore
12/31/2010, 01:17 PM

So all of this means we can't enjoy NU's embarrassing beat down at the hands of a woeful Washington team? Sounds like sour grapes to me when you try to point out what worries OU should have. Weak at best.
Here's what NU should worry about: Just about every team in the Big10 is better than Washington.

Crimsontothecore
12/31/2010, 01:20 PM
Nebraska's arguement that the Whorns are becoming ever more present in running the Conference are only strengthened when they decided to leave the Conference rather than stand up to it. You'll have even less say in the Big Ten unless your Team is able to win the Big Ten 8 times in the next ten to twelve years. I don't see that happening and what I really think is that NU left because they saw it happening in the Big XII and it would be easier to make some **** up about tejas running the Conference than admit your Administration was leading your School into the dark ages.

Bingo! we have a winner!
As if we believe NU is going to have equal influence with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, ect.

Suuurrreeee they will:rolleyes:

Memtig14
12/31/2010, 01:30 PM
Hell, based on last nights performance they should be aspiring to mediocrity.

:)

Collier11
12/31/2010, 01:33 PM
It is quite funny and ironic that Veritas would dog us for a bad bowl performance when his 10 win team just lost to a 6 win team that they beat by 90 earlier this year

OhU1
12/31/2010, 01:33 PM
Nebraska looked like a high school team from western Oklahoma last night. Mike Gundy must be hitting his head against the wall that he lost at home to them.

badger
12/31/2010, 01:37 PM
Veritas is a cool Husker, so I won't over analyze his post, as tempting as it is... looks like you all have taken care of that anyway :D

But someday, Huskers like Veritas are going to look back at this time as the time of... yes, gravitating to mediocrity, much like 04 has lamented on the basketball forum about Jeff Capel et al. And so, like 04, let's tribute those who are responsible, shall we?

Frank Solich, who despite Ozzy's endorsement, could only muster one national title game appearance in a year when the Huskers couldn't take the Big 12, let alone the Big 12 North. Division. omg.

Eric Crouch, who could option QB his way to a Heisman, but quit the NFL because he didn't want to play receiver and who continues to represent Nebraska in a far more amusing way - Hawaiian shirts at Heisman ceremonies. Oh, Eric...

Steve Pederson, who (where do I start???) fired the coach that got them to the national title game, making statements about "mediocrity, the Big 12 Texas and Oklahoma while Nebraska players angrily retorted him IN PUBLIC at the presser, then decided to conduct the coaching search on his own, further embarrassing the program as coaches such as Houston Nutt turned "the greatest job in college football" down (and got a pay raise at their jobs in the process, hehe), then hired...

Bill Callahan, whose claim to fame was losing the Super Bowl before getting fired by crazy Al Davis, making him seemingly the only coach available for Nebraska at that point, whose embarrassing "****ing hillbillies" comments during orange pelting sessions, last-second field goals to avoid shutouts, fans leaving at halftime because Homecoming is so embarrassing, throat slashing gestures... eff it, you all get the idea.

Bo Pelini, whose Youngstown roots are to be respected, but whose temper and silly sideline sweatshirt attire may someday embarrass Nebraska as much as Callahan (longshot, but MAYBE), whose chokes in games most important to Husker fans (Big 12 Championship, Texas at home) and relationships with players and their daddies (OK, just one in particular) look awful on TV to fans and recruits alike, especially combined with

Brother Pelini, the defensive coordinator whose temper is greater than brothers when it comes to Texas A&M reporter cameras after embarrassing losses on the road where the fans actually rushed their sacred field, wtf.

Finally, Tom Osborne, whose love of Nebraska might not get him elected to office, but whose confidence and arrogance in the program will be their undoing as he tries to break free from the schools his beloved Huskers seemingly can no longer compete with to go to a conference where more money, more boosters, more academics and more problems await.

Goodbye, Nebraska. Someday, your titles will seem as ancient and lonely as Texas A&M's 1939 seems to both of us now.

85sooners
12/31/2010, 01:50 PM
Hahahaha suck it huskers

King Crimson
12/31/2010, 02:05 PM
i remember Nebraska fans doing all kinds of yoga type self-fellatio when Bill Callahan invented the forward pass. i was embarrassed for them.....

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 02:27 PM
V knows where I'm coming from and I don't point things at him personally....but I have an opinion of why this all happened and in a few months....really right now....it won't make any difference as what is done is done....

tator
12/31/2010, 03:39 PM
Nebraska went to the Big10 for money and stability, and nothing else.

badger
12/31/2010, 03:46 PM
Not saying 10 wins is a bad season, but...

http://www.gifninja.com/Workspace/dcfbb6b7-296a-4d4f-bc4d-439ed728b0c6/output.gif

It's like the trophy just vanished. Honeymoon's over, Bo

Sooner_Tuf
12/31/2010, 03:49 PM
Haha the Husker thinks the Big 10 is buttering up Nebraska. No Sir that's not butter, that is lube. They don't want to hear you crying in their conference like you did in the Big XII.

You had a lot of respect in the Big 8 because you earned it. You had some respect in the Big XII because you have history with most of the teams. You will have no respect in the Big 10.

By your own words the Big XII is a ****ty conference. You didn't exactly dominate here. They will look at you as their Colorado or Texas Tech (w/NO offense). At least Minnesota knows how to play well with others and has continuity. I can't wait until you threaten them with leaving. Joe Pa will personally drag you by the ear to the offices of the MAC where you really do belong.

PS You really don't need to be telling Sooners what or how to do anything. If I ever want to learn to crash my plane and can't figure it out I'll give you a call. But until that time comes **** ***!

KantoSooner
12/31/2010, 03:59 PM
Doin't hold back now, Tuf. Tell us how you really feel.

jdsooner
12/31/2010, 04:56 PM
Neither Boise nor West Virginia were 6-6 when we lost in the Fiesta Bowl. The situation does not compare and at least OU has been to some BCS bowls in this century.

Sooner_Tuf
12/31/2010, 06:00 PM
Doin't hold back now, Tuf. Tell us how you really feel.

I wouldn't tell it any other way :gary:

soonerbub
12/31/2010, 06:06 PM
Adios amigos and as for texass runnin the show--2 more years of 7-5 or worse means they won't even run their state.

Check the trophy cases and national TV ratings BOOMER

unbiasedtruth
12/31/2010, 06:19 PM
Nebraska going to the Big 10 is they dont feel repsected in the Big XII. In the Big 8 it was always Oklahoma and Nebraska year in and year out and now its Oklahoma and _____________ (fill in the blank) on any given year. Nebraska acutally thinks it will receive the respect of the Big 10 because they arte Nebraska and this is so wrong.

Also I hear so much from Colorado and Nebrska fans that its because its not an equal playing field, money wise, facilities and such. Well guess what, it never has been, and never will be an equal playing field. You just snap on the chinstrap, lace up the cleats and go out bang heads. Thats football.

Winners never quit, quitters never win.

PLaw
12/31/2010, 07:03 PM

Yeah, I didn't get all of the hype the corny's got this year - just shows how much the espinners know.

BOOMER

East Coast Bias
12/31/2010, 08:38 PM
Nebraska really had nothing other than Martinez. He was red hot early then went up in smoke once he got drilled a few times. Nebraska hung their fortune on his back and he fell on his face....

stoopified
12/31/2010, 09:26 PM
Goodbye and good riddance

owenfieldreams
12/31/2010, 09:32 PM
Let's tell it like it is.......the Huskers cut and ran, it's as simple as that. They couldn't compete with the Big 12 South so they conjured up a litany of excuses and then they sold out to the highest bidder.

They didn't leave OU or Texas or for that matter the South division, they left a pitiful North division that they could dominate in mediocraty to become a middle of the pack Big 10 member, only to save face cause they simply couldn't compete.

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2010, 09:54 PM
Bye bye NU and don't bother writing.

Sooner in Tampa
1/1/2011, 12:27 AM
:hot:

mdklatt
1/1/2011, 01:35 AM
Sorry to interrupt the Nebraska/Big 10 hatefest, but there's more to conference membership than winning football games.

Carry on.

Collier11
1/1/2011, 03:03 AM
so why did Neb get a invite?

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2011, 03:36 AM
Like fans of every struggling team in the country, they're blaming the OC and his play calling.

jumperstop
1/1/2011, 03:59 AM
Like fans of every struggling team in the country, they're blaming the OC and his play calling.

I mean letting your RB take a third of your snaps isn't exactly great play calling IMO. Well at least that was the case with the CCG, I don't know how many he took last night but I did see him fumble once out of the wildcat.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2011, 04:22 AM
I mean letting your RB take a third of your snaps isn't exactly great play calling IMO. Well at least that was the case with the CCG, I don't know how many he took last night but I did see him fumble once out of the wildcat.

Yeah, it is much better to put the game in T-Mart's hands.

finster
1/1/2011, 04:35 AM
Nebraska is like pond water. It must find its own level.