PDA

View Full Version : You got to be ****ing kidding me refs

soonercastor
12/4/2010, 11:26 PM
These refs are up to something, can't just ****Ing knock the receiver out of bounds like that. WTF

salth2o
12/4/2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah...not sure how that was not illegal contact.

VoiceofReality
12/4/2010, 11:38 PM
we've been playing 18 on 11 all night.

I never want to hear a nebraska fan cry about officiating again after this fiasco

GottaHavePride
12/4/2010, 11:52 PM
Seriously, how was that NOT pass interference?

oksoonerdave
12/5/2010, 12:14 AM
Never heard of a holding call that was not enforced at the end of the run yet we had one that was enforced at the point of receiving the ball. Anyone ever heard of this before?

sooner518
12/5/2010, 12:16 AM
according to Herbie, he was "just playing physical football". pssshhh

Sooner in Tampa
12/5/2010, 12:17 AM
I almost punched the t.v. on that play...I guess the Pellini bitching and crying like a ****ing baby worked

landrun
12/5/2010, 12:19 AM
Never heard of a holding call that was not enforced at the end of the run yet we had one that was enforced at the point of receiving the ball. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Never.

It sort of reminds me of some game we were playing (dont' remember who) where they threw a holding flag. Then picked it up and announced that it wasn't a penalty because it had no impact on the play. :eek:

... oh well. We won anyway. :)

Cornfed
12/5/2010, 12:19 AM
When I seen the replay I was in awe that they got away with it.

CrimsonJim
12/5/2010, 12:20 AM
The refs obviously didn't want the cornholers blaming them for losing on their way out.

picasso
12/5/2010, 12:22 AM
Seriously, the forward pass would be obsolete if we just let d-backs push the other guys down and out of bounds.
Glad that didn't cost us the game.

jdd12
12/5/2010, 12:22 AM
for real, this was one of the few times my wife reminded me that my kids were sleeping....he knocked him down at the first down marker!!!

Edit: Actually, she had to remind me quite a few times.

Jmorales22
12/5/2010, 12:25 AM
that was such bullsh***! Wasn't that Amukumara? getting the MJ treatment there; can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the ref. I guess next year we can tell all our dbs to do that and they can all be all-americans

boomersooner28
12/5/2010, 12:26 AM
Ya, I didn't know you could tackle receivers 10 yards down field. I'm not sure how anyone gets open. No wonder their CB's were "lockdown"...hell I could play defense like that. :P

Soonerus
12/5/2010, 12:29 AM
Holding from the spot of the foul but not where ball was received...

Okie35
12/5/2010, 12:35 AM
These refs are up to something, can't just ****Ing knock the receiver out of bounds like that. WTF

Thats crazy I knew exactly what play you were talking before I came in here. Broyles was past 5 yards and Prince threw him down.

OUthunder
12/5/2010, 12:40 AM
I'm still scratching my head at the fumble reversal by the refs. It looked like it was inconclusive to me...bad call IMHO, am I wrong?

Cornfed
12/5/2010, 12:46 AM
I'm still scratching my head at the fumble reversal by the refs. It looked like it was inconclusive to me...bad call IMHO, am I wrong?

You could see by the shadow 3 INCHES BELOW HIS KNEE, that it was a fumble!!

SoonerRoy
12/5/2010, 12:51 AM
Bad game by the refs. If those clowns are the best the Big 12 has to offer, everyone is in trouble. At least neither Bible and that other Austin clown were there.

GottaHavePride
12/5/2010, 01:13 AM
Randy Christal

ouwasp
12/5/2010, 01:21 AM
Seems obvious the zebras got the memo from Chief Beebe to make it clear the huskers were to get the benefit of the doubt...

BlownGP
12/5/2010, 02:05 AM
That push to the ground on broyles reminded of the 2008 NC game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stZGl8Gv8pU

StatGeek
12/5/2010, 02:07 AM
What about the clock at the en of the game? NU receiver was tackled in bounds, ref signals the clock to keep running but it stopped @1:13 for about 10-15 seconds then started again before the next play was run???

Pricetag
12/5/2010, 02:52 AM
I guess the clock operator figured he owed them something from last year.

SoonerKnight
12/5/2010, 03:03 AM
Bad game by the refs. If those clowns are the best the Big 12 has to offer, everyone is in trouble. At least neither Bible and that other Austin clown were there.

The refs were on loan from the Pac-10 future 12. Bo probably wanted it that way!! :rolleyes:

jdd12
12/5/2010, 03:28 AM
That push to the ground on broyles reminded of the 2008 NC game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stZGl8Gv8pU

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Eielson
12/5/2010, 03:29 AM
Seriously, how was that NOT pass interference?

The ball wasn't in the air?

Eielson
12/5/2010, 03:30 AM
What about the clock at the en of the game? NU receiver was tackled in bounds, ref signals the clock to keep running but it stopped @1:13 for about 10-15 seconds then started again before the next play was run???

I'm not sure, but I think he was signaling for the playclock to start, not the gameclock.

mdklatt
12/5/2010, 03:34 AM

Is that what that bull**** was? We couldn't figure out what was going on in the stadium. The ref originally said ten yards from the end of the run, then he said something that nobody could really hear, and the next thing you know they're spotting the ball on the damn five yard line. :mad:

I thought maybe that was supposed to be 10 yards from the spot of the foul, which would have meant that holding was called by an official who was about 60 yards from the play. That must have been the Mother of all Holds, like maybe our player pulled out a gun and shot a Nebraska player dead.

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 04:08 AM
Is that what that bull**** was? We couldn't figure out what was going on in the stadium. The ref originally said ten yards from the end of the run, then he said something that nobody could really hear, and the next thing you know they're spotting the ball on the damn five yard line. :mad:

I thought maybe that was supposed to be 10 yards from the spot of the foul, which would have meant that holding was called by an official who was about 60 yards from the play. That must have been the Mother of all Holds, like maybe our player pulled out a gun and shot a Nebraska player dead.

My understanding was the hold happened at the LOS during the punt by number 23 whoever the hell that was; count me in as majorly confused by this call also

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 04:09 AM
And i also agree the refs were horrible tonight; Broyles gets knocked out of bounds 10 yards downfield and there's no flag? Nebraska's roided out linemen using their hands to the face most of the night? I'm not sure Nebraska had more than 2 penalties on them the whole game; guess Beebe was scared for his life

stoopified
12/5/2010, 10:32 AM
Ya, I didn't know you could tackle receivers 10 yards down field. I'm not sure how anyone gets open. No wonder their CB's were "knockdown"...hell I could play defense like that. :PObviously we just been hearing it wrong.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/5/2010, 10:38 AM
The ball wasn't in the air?

not pass interference but illegal contact

Partial Qualifier
12/5/2010, 10:46 AM
My understanding was the hold happened at the LOS during the punt by number 23 whoever the hell that was; count me in as majorly confused by this call also

Indeed, the hold happened at the LOS before the returner caught the ball (it was not part of the runback) so therefore the runback is negated and the penalty is enforced from where the ball was caught.

I don't have a problem with that one but the hands to the face all night, and pushing the receiver OOB (when the ball was going to that receiver) were definitely missed calls. I dont see how you miss the hands-to-the-face, I mean it's happening right in front of you all night long there, ref.

SoonerMarkVA
12/5/2010, 10:57 AM

At best, it was inconclusive. At worst, it was blatant BS. In no universe was there conclusive evidence that the wrong call was made.

Figures the Big Texas refs would wait to make up for all the crap calls against NU by Texas teams during the OU game.

ouwapiti
12/5/2010, 11:18 AM
since when is 'illegal contact' a college rule???....i thought that was only in the pros............its legal for a defender to shove a receiver out of bounds as long as the ball isnt in the air...thats why the receiver doesnt line up close to the sideline

Joe
12/5/2010, 12:50 PM
since when is 'illegal contact' a college rule???....i thought that was only in the pros............its legal for a defender to shove a receiver out of bounds as long as the ball isnt in the air...thats why the receiver doesnt line up close to the sideline

Guess there's a ****-ton of DCs playing the pass wrong then. We should just mug the hell out of people all day long no matter if they're past 5 yards or not.

UHS-SoonerFan
12/5/2010, 01:17 PM
Guess there's a ****-ton of DCs playing the pass wrong then. We should just mug the hell out of people all day long no matter if they're past 5 yards or not.

Made me LOL.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 01:30 PM
1. I'm not privy to the correct call for the punt/hold. It sounds like the refs got it right.

2. Pushing Broyles out of bounds is legal as long as it takes place within five yards of the LOS. Not sure where the contact was made. (The fact that Broyles fell down is on him.)

3. I think most of us knew that Nebbish would get the ball back on the fumble. It was probably the right call, although I think it could have gone either way.

Overall, the reffing was fine.

bluedogok
12/5/2010, 01:57 PM
1. I'm not privy to the correct call for the punt/hold. It sounds like the refs got it right.
I couldn't find the exact interpretation in the NCAA Rule Book that they used.

2. Pushing Broyles out of bounds is legal as long as it takes place within five yards of the LOS. Not sure where the contact was made. (The fact that Broyles fell down is on him.)
The defender was in contact with Broyles for 15 yards, well beyond the 5 yard from LOS window. Though once he went out of bounds Broyles was no longer an eligible receiver

3. I think most of us knew that Nebbish would get the ball back on the fumble. It was probably the right call, although I think it could have gone either way.
It was one of those slo-mo replay reversals. It was the accurate call, Broyles made a heck of a play on it though even if the call was reversed.

They could have called more against Nebraska but there were some they could have called against OU as well, frustrating at times but overall I don't think the officiating impacted the game as much as it has in other games.

OU: 6-47
NU: 3-15

They didn't call a bunch of them either way, the same basic crew called way more in the A&M and Baylor games.

OU: 4-29
A&M: 13-83
Officials: Referee: Scott Novak; Umpire: Michael Cooper; Linesman: Mike Moeller; Line judge: Walt Coleman; Back judge: Joe Johnston; Field judge: J Taylor; Side judge: Freeman Johns; Scorer: Tom Reber;

OU: 3-35
BU: 11-99
Officials: Referee: Scott Novak; Umpire: Michael Cooper; Linesman: Mike Maeller; Line judge: Walt Coleman; Back judge: Joe Johnston; Field judge: J Taylor; Side judge: Freeman Johns; Scorer: R Fogleman;

AlboSooner
12/5/2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure, but I think he was signaling for the playclock to start, not the gameclock.

He signaled for the game clock to run, as in fact it did 3 seconds before NU snapped the ball. I can post vid if anybody wants to see it.

Pricetag
12/5/2010, 02:49 PM
When the official over the ball holds his hand straight up in the air after the spot, that is the signal to start the play clock. The circular "winding" motion the ref did after the catch on the sideline is the indicator that the game clock is to run.

Eielson
12/5/2010, 02:51 PM
He signaled for the game clock to run, as in fact it did 3 seconds before NU snapped the ball. I can post vid if anybody wants to see it.

You're probably right. I thought the game clock was supposed to start, but when it didn't I just assumed it was the play clock. I thought the guy got out of bounds, though.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 03:03 PM
The defender was in contact with Broyles for 15 yards, well beyond the 5 yard from LOS window. Though once he went out of bounds Broyles was no longer an eligible receiver

In college, I think you can come back in if pushed out.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 03:04 PM
You're probably right. I thought the game clock was supposed to start, but when it didn't I just assumed it was the play clock. I thought the guy got out of bounds, though.

We only saw the one ref on tv. Maybe another called to stop the clock?

AlboSooner
12/5/2010, 04:15 PM
We only saw the one ref on tv. Maybe another called to stop the clock?

The side ref closest to action calls that, and it was the one you saw on TV. Even if what you say may make sense, it doesnt make sense that the game clock is stopped only to start again three seconds before NU snaps the ball. I think the clock guy messed up, and I'm thankful it didnt cost us the game.

StatGeek
12/5/2010, 05:00 PM
The side ref closest to action calls that, and it was the one you saw on TV. Even if what you say may make sense, it doesnt make sense that the game clock is stopped only to start again three seconds before NU snaps the ball. I think the clock guy messed up, and I'm thankful it didnt cost us the game.

Exactly

ouwapiti
12/5/2010, 05:18 PM

there is no 5 yard rule in college per your #2......thats only a rule in the nfl

Big D Sooner
12/5/2010, 05:52 PM
There is no 5 yard zone for legal contact in college football. As long as the ball isn't in the air and he doesn't hold him, some contact is allowed.

Big D Sooner
12/5/2010, 05:52 PM
Sorry for the post from the department of redundancy department

Cinco Ranch Cougar
12/5/2010, 07:13 PM
I am glad someone brought this up. I couldn't believe it last night when nothing was called.
So, it should have been an interference call - correct?
I hope someone asks Stoops.

Whet
12/5/2010, 07:26 PM
Stoops will not say anything about those calls. He can't "criticize the refs.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2010, 09:20 PM
I am glad someone brought this up. I couldn't believe it last night when nothing was called.
So, it should have been an interference call - correct?

Apparently, no. As long as the ball wasn't in the air, they can bump him.

KNEE BRACE
12/5/2010, 09:28 PM
an embarrassing thread. this is some okie state ****

OUNC06
12/5/2010, 09:32 PM

Ostate ask these questions because of a loss. Sooners just want to clarify the rules after a hard fought win.

KNEE BRACE
12/5/2010, 09:35 PM
Ostate ask these questions because of a loss. Sooners just want to clarify the rules after a hard fought win.

thats a good point. all of those posts are obviously above the board - i wasn't sure on the rule, either. But basically anytime someone says IT'S 17 ON 11 OUT THERE, A REF CONSPIRACY and they're being serious, you can basically write off their sanity

KsSooner
12/5/2010, 09:41 PM
Game clock, didn't cornholers make a first down on that pass play? Then clock would stop until chains were moved.

007sooner
12/5/2010, 09:47 PM
At best, it was inconclusive. At worst, it was blatant BS. In no universe was there conclusive evidence that the wrong call was made.

Figures the Big Texas refs would wait to make up for all the crap calls against NU by Texas teams during the OU game.

I thought the same thing about the overturned stills TD - maybe the call initially goes either way, but without "indisputable" video evidence, overturning it does not make sense.

picasso
12/5/2010, 09:51 PM

My only beef is Broyles getting mugged. But I'll admit aTm did the same against Nebraska.

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2010, 11:18 PM
Game clock, didn't cornholers make a first down on that pass play? Then clock would stop until chains were moved.

No, that was on 3rd and 16 and they gained 11 yards; i watched it again and the ref made the signal for the game clock to start and 16 seconds ran off the play clock before the game clock finally started; glad it didn't factor into the outcome of the game