PDA

View Full Version : I want Auburn

oudavid1
12/4/2010, 06:53 PM
To win it all now. That way, eventually, no one will have won it.

See USC 2004.

Flagstaffsooner
12/4/2010, 06:56 PM
Yuppa, beat the cheating ducks then do a suc.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/4/2010, 06:56 PM
You think a minor technicality such as the Death Penalty would stop the Plainsmen, and he*l, the SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC BLAH ETC. from claiming it?

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:00 PM
Haven't you heard? NCAA and SEC have ruled no foul. sheesh.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2010, 07:01 PM
Haven't you heard? NCAA and SEC have ruled no foul. sheesh.

Not actually. Just "No evidence. Yet."

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:05 PM

C'mon Froze. Climb down from the Ivory Tower. NCAA can't abide another USC debacle. It's bad for the game. AU will get a pass no matter what. And I doubt they're even still investigating. Just watch.

OU-HSV
12/4/2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah I liked how they repeated that a couple times before kickoff. "AT THIS POINT". I'm like well no sh*t. It only took what, 5 or 6 years to crack down on the Reggie Bush nonsense.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2010, 07:10 PM
C'mon Froze. Climb down from the Ivory Tower. NCAA can't abide another USC debacle. It's bad for the game. AU will get a pass no matter what. And I doubt they're even still investigating. Just watch.

http://www.durangobill.com/JiminyCricket.gif

Keep wishin' on that star, Barner-Homey. Auburn getting hammered by the NCAA bad for the game of football? That's somehow worse than Dad shopping a player around for cash? It hasn't stopped the NCAA from hammering Auburn in the past, you know, and football seemed to just keep on trucking.

I maintain my position: Auburn forced the NCAA's hand by declaring Newton ineligible, forcing the NCAA to hold an expedited ruling when they knew the NCAA didn't have enough evidence to drop the hammer yet. It's a PR coup, sure. It might save Auburn from having to vacate the SEC and BCS championship games.

That being said, Auburn's a heck of a football team this year. While he's a cheat and a thief off the field, I sure do like the way Newton plays the game of football.

SoonerLB
12/4/2010, 07:11 PM
Wonder if Reverend Newton had a clause in the contract for bonus money if junior won an SEC Championship? ;)

oudavid1
12/4/2010, 07:12 PM
On anything legal, or Alabama football related, i feel like i sure defer my thoughts to Frozen.

soonerhubs
12/4/2010, 07:14 PM
Isn't auburn a state school? If so, they FOIA requirements for state funded universities may speed up the process. I doubt they'll find anything. Too little of a paper trail and not enough disgruntled agents to call this laptop-chucking Thug out along with his altruistic pappy.

BTW, Mahlzan is a genius!

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2010, 07:15 PM
On anything legal, or Alabama football related, i feel like i sure defer my thoughts to Frozen.

Well, Homey actually HAS a law degree and lived in Alabama longer than I have. We just poke fun at each other a lot.

TUSooner
12/4/2010, 07:15 PM
I don't trust the NCAA to do anything about Newton and Auburn.
Sorry, Homester, I'm going with the Ducks!

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2010, 07:17 PM
Isn't auburn a state school? If so, they FOIA requirements for state funded universities may speed up the process. I doubt they'll find anything. Too little of a paper trail and not enough disgruntled agents to call this laptop-chucking Thug out along with his altruistic pappy.

Yes, Auburn is a state school.

More may come out than people think, since the FBI is sniffing around the Auburn Board of Regents. That being said, it'll play out or not at some point. Kid's a great player. I just wish there weren't questions about him: I'd love to be able to think he's clean.

soonerhubs
12/4/2010, 07:23 PM
Also, hate him or love him, that kid has a million dollar smile. For some reason he doesn't evoke the same urge to vomit that a certain pharasitic QB from Florida did.

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:45 PM

Why? He's not a lawyer. He just talks like he thinks lawyers talk. :rolleyes:

That said, I like Froze. And if you have a banking or finance question, he's your go-to guy.

I still don't understand why he picked bammer over HLS. Serious lapse of judgment IMHO.

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:46 PM
Also, hate him or love him, that kid has a million dollar smile. For some reason he doesn't evoke the same urge to vomit that a certain pharasitic QB from Florida did.

WTF doesn't he wear a mouthpiece?

silverwheels
12/4/2010, 07:46 PM

I think Cam has a d.ouchetastic expression on his face most of the time, but maybe I'm the only one.

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2010, 07:47 PM
Why? He's not a lawyer. He just talks like he thinks lawyers talk. :rolleyes:

That's fairly insulting when I've been nothing but complimentary towards you. But hey, whatever floats your boat. If you can't come out on top in the argument, make with the attacks!

soonerhubs
12/4/2010, 07:49 PM
I think Cam has a d.ouchetastic expression on his face most of the time, but maybe I'm the only one.

Perhaps, but if your opionion of him is as "objective" as your opinion of the city of Stillwater...

;)

yankee
12/4/2010, 07:50 PM
david, did your friend text you to make this thread? any more insider information?

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:51 PM

Which is why I wish OU would offer him $2M guarenteed for 5 years to come to Norman. Never should have let him leave Oklahoma when he was at TU.

silverwheels
12/4/2010, 07:51 PM
Perhaps, but if your opionion of him is as "objective" as your opinion of the city of Stillwater...

;)

So basically I'm right. Got it. :D ;)

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 07:53 PM
That's fairly insulting when I've been nothing but complimentary towards you. But hey, whatever floats your boat. If you can't come out on top in the argument, make with the attacks!

Just teasing. Law skool tends to make people think a certain way. When you get out and start practicing, you learn the truth.

OU-HSV
12/4/2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.durangobill.com/JiminyCricket.gif

Keep wishin' on that star, Barner-Homey. Auburn getting hammered by the NCAA bad for the game of football? That's somehow worse than Dad shopping a player around for cash? It hasn't stopped the NCAA from hammering Auburn in the past, you know, and football seemed to just keep on trucking.

I maintain my position: Auburn forced the NCAA's hand by declaring Newton ineligible, forcing the NCAA to hold an expedited ruling when they knew the NCAA didn't have enough evidence to drop the hammer yet. It's a PR coup, sure. It might save Auburn from having to vacate the SEC and BCS championship games.

That being said, Auburn's a heck of a football team this year. While he's a cheat and a thief off the field, I sure do like the way Newton plays the game of football.Ditto