PDA

View Full Version : Corso slipping

ouwasp
12/4/2010, 11:25 AM
I know Lee had a stroke, and I've admired his comeback. And I know a lot of us on this board don't care for him, but I've enjoyed his hamming it up over the yrs.

But he seems to have regressed lately. Last week, stumbling and stammering over Clint Eastwood's name. Today, after the Youngstown spot featuring Stoops, Pelini, Tressel, etc, he made the curious comment about "...they left out Jimmy Tressel..." Kirk and the others quickly picked up the ball, and kept things going.

What a shame. I hope Lee can rehab and get back to his old self by next season. Otherwise he ought to hang it up, imo.

cdlbdd
12/4/2010, 11:33 AM
I'll be glad when he is gone. Can't happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

OU-HSV
12/4/2010, 11:34 AM
I haven't watched very much gameday this season. But the few times I have watched, I agree..I've noticed him stumbling on stuff a lot. It may be time for him to take on a different role w/espn or retire overall

3rdgensooner
12/4/2010, 11:36 AM
I appreciate the professionalism his co-workers have shown.

Hopefully he'll recognize that it's time and step down.

OU-HSV
12/4/2010, 11:41 AM
I appreciate the professionalism his co-workers have shown.
Hopefully he'll recognize that it's time and step down.

Very good point.

stoopified
12/4/2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe Lee and NNS could open a hotdog stand together.

hawaii 5-0
12/4/2010, 01:34 PM
I was thinking that it they want a baffoon up there they could get Bob Barry Sr.

5-0

OhU1
12/4/2010, 01:41 PM
He's not quite Dick Clark level at least. I did catch the Tressell comment. What made me think he's slipping is he picked Nebraska.

soonerloyal
12/4/2010, 01:51 PM
What made me think he's slipping is he picked Nebraska.

That's not a medical symptom of regression. That's just Corso's poor judgment. It happens more often than not. He picked OSU last week, remember?

Okla-homey
12/4/2010, 02:57 PM
I like his pencils. Just sayin'

LASooner
12/4/2010, 03:27 PM
I think Lee's problem is he can't articulate what he's thinking with clarity or quickness. I think what he noticed but couldn't say was that they didn't INTERVIEW Tressel, I know he said, they didn't mention Tressel, but what I noticed was that they didn't interview him for the piece and maybe that was what he was trying to convey and just couldn't.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/4/2010, 03:38 PM
Lee has stated that he is working through his contract to help pay for his grandkids college someday. Corso loves what he does, so who cares if he slips up sometimes.

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2010, 04:56 PM
I was thinking that it they want a baffoon up there they could get Bob Barry Sr.

5-0

Poor taste

Rogue
12/4/2010, 05:02 PM
He must be working his butt off to do as well as he is doing...I can tell he sometimes misses the teleprompter cues, trips over his words, and gets mixed up. But it hasn't detracted from watching Gameday for me...if anything it's kind of nostalgic to see him working through it and the guys around him still having fun with him while being respectful.

I like the old dudes better than lots of the young ones. I enjoy Lou Holtz too.
But give me Jenn Brown as the sideline reporter over any of the others, please.

zeke
12/4/2010, 05:15 PM
I like Corso & admire his guts. He realizes whats going on & still has the balls to go on TV.
You dont have to agree with everything someone says to like them.
I like Bob Barry Sr too. I dont understand all of the bs that some give him here.

Rogue
12/4/2010, 05:25 PM
I like BBS fine...his voice is awesome. I've also been a victim of trying to listen to a game broadcast without video...and being lost several times by him. I used to make jokes about him in the '90s...now he's so old it isn't funny anymore...just mean.

jdd12
12/4/2010, 06:24 PM
That prop he uses or whatever Lee wears whenever he makes his pick...when they started treating that like some kind of top secret information and filming it being carried to the set in a locked trunk like it had to come from some special location, that kinda ended it for me. I haven't watched it all year.

And Jenn Brown? :hot:

VA Sooner
12/4/2010, 06:32 PM
He is slipping... as his speech gets a little better, his memory is fading a little more as the season goes on. His colleagues have done a good job of remaining professional and helping him along.

Tough call... he was more of an entertaining (and mildly so at that) value than for actual football analysis guru.

GKeeper316
12/4/2010, 06:40 PM
corso used to be the reason i'd wake up early on saturdays and watch gameday.

since his stroke i havnt seen a single show.

i loved corso back in the day... i had a drill instructor like him in boot camp... just a guy that tossed convention and was quite possibly the best comic relief ever, but he should really just call it a career and go sip drinks with little umbrellas in em on a beach someplace warm and sunny.

Leroy Lizard
12/4/2010, 07:11 PM
I've always liked him. He's too old now, but he was exceptional in his prime. And I also like BBS. I can forgive some of the confusion because he has the voice.

OnlyOneOklahoma
12/4/2010, 07:20 PM
I enjoy Corso, sad to see such a bright flame go dim. If anythings, he is a weekly reminder about the severity and importance of early recognition of a stroke.

Q22
12/4/2010, 07:37 PM
I like Corso. I actually miss hearing his ncaa football video game commentary even though sometimes it drove me crazy. This was the first time he wasn't in the game in several years.