PDA

View Full Version : Smart *** Waiter

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 05:33 PM
Last night I went to this burger joint in Richland that's absolutely fantastic. I go there pretty often, so this wasn't a new experience.

I get this waiter and he takes my drink order and then asks me in this somewhat condescending/sarcastic/joking manner, "What? No Rum and Coke little guy?" He said it as if he was joking around with a kid or something. I think this guy was probably at least 4 years younger than me.

I said, "Yeah, actually I do." I really didn't, but I wanted to call his bluff. So then he looks taken aback and says, "Oh uhh uhh we don't actually uh have hard liquor yet but uh we have beer." I didn't want a beer either, but I went ahead and asked if they had Shiner (they did) and ordered one. He then says, "Uh, do you have an ID or something?" So, I show him my ID...

Anyway, he spends the rest of the evening explaining they didn't have their hard liquor license yet. I politely avoided asking him why the hell he offered me a rum and coke if that were the case. :rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
12/3/2010, 05:40 PM
You're just mad because they didn't have Zima.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 05:44 PM
You're just mad because they didn't have Zima.

I should have just gone to Long John Silver's.

Viking Kitten
12/3/2010, 05:47 PM
I could see you trying to get a buzz off those little packets of malt vinegar sauce. :P

AlboSooner
12/3/2010, 05:52 PM
You did the right thing by posting this on the internet.

The
12/3/2010, 05:57 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/waiters_gonna_wait_20.jpg

StoopTroup
12/3/2010, 05:57 PM
Does LJS's sell a little guy meal?

3rdgensooner
12/3/2010, 06:05 PM
At least he didn't call you ladyboy

badger
12/3/2010, 06:14 PM
Did you leave a big boy penny on the table afterward as a tip? :D