PDA

View Full Version : US Unemployment Rate data

pphilfran
12/3/2010, 10:50 AM
I guess I was wrong...earlier in the year I predicted 8.5% in December...

It will be a long slow road to job creation...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/unemply81-200912.jpg

I Am Right
12/3/2010, 12:33 PM
9.8, what a year!

The
12/3/2010, 12:36 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/pac_man_pie_chart_Dumb_graphs-s635x404-48172.jpg

OUMallen
12/3/2010, 12:40 PM
http://thoughtsformyson.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-graphs-fat-bottom-gir.gif

The
12/3/2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.perculaclown.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/thebattle_zoom.png

Ike
12/3/2010, 04:25 PM
http://legacyentries.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/20080913043158.jpg

pphilfran
12/3/2010, 04:29 PM
Good thing I didn't post a pie chart...

soonercruiser
12/3/2010, 09:13 PM
Good thing I didn't post a pie chart...

Phil,
Sorry to have to tell you. But, you won't get much serious economic discussion from this group. Most of them don't even post in plain English.
(But, they can make fun of someone who misspells a word. Sound familiar?)
Maybe try a BAR chart! That's more up their alley!

And Joe Bite comes on TV and says "he was really shocked and disappointed"???
What the HE11 have he, Obama, and the administartion done to expect the economy to improve????
He can't even get the Demoncratic Congress to make a decision on extending the Boooosh tax cuts, so that businesses can have some certainty about the future.

**Besides, Obama says he has a "lot of other things that he wants to get through Congress". Destroying the economy is part of his "Plan".

GottaHavePride
12/3/2010, 09:22 PM
Phil,
Sorry to have to tell you. But, you won't get much serious economic discussion from this group. Most of them don't even post in plain English.

So, you haven't read many posts from Chuck Bao or Frozen Sooner, have you? There's plenty of legit economic discussion around here - though what it's doing on a Sooners message board is beyond me ;) - but the original post had a graph and a couple of lines that really didn't say anything about the graph or invite discussion into what the graph means, so it got a typical SoonerFans "I like pie" response.

Penguin
12/3/2010, 09:40 PM
I like pie.

I should not eat so much pie.

If I cut back on pie consumption, pie makers will make less money.

If pie makers make less money, they have to lay off their workers.

Laid off workers means higher unemployment.

Higher unemployment is bad.

Therefore, I must eat more pie.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2010, 10:14 PM
Phil,
(But, they can make fun of someone who misspells a word. Sound familiar?)
Maybe try a BAR chart! That's more up their alley!

And Joe Bite comes on TV and says "he was really shocked and disappointed"???
What the HE11 have he, Obama, and the administartion done to expect the economy to improve????
He can't even get the Demoncratic Congress to make a decision on extending the Boooosh tax cuts, so that businesses can have some certainty about the future.

**Besides, Obama says he has a "lot of other things that he wants to get through Congress". Destroying the economy is part of his "Plan".

Feel free to leave whenever you like. Would it help if I called you a garbage poster?

Note for the overly sensitive and underly literate: I did not call you a garbage poster. I just wondered if calling you one would help you make your decision to leave a place you don't like easier.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/3/2010, 10:44 PM
Please stick around cruiser. We need more posters who actually have an OU affiliation.

hope phil sticks around too.

On the 9.8 unemployment....

Right after the number came out, the market dropped... but then analysts started looking at the number and got suspicious. It was suspected to be a bad stat due to a poor response to the survey. i.e., they don't believe the 9.8. The markets turned positive for an uptick to one hell of a week.

there's a thread somewhere around here about markets with OP sooner87. I think he and a few others around here are technicians. not sure if they give a damn about unemployment rate.

soonercruiser
12/3/2010, 11:06 PM
Please stick around cruiser. We need more posters who actually have an OU affiliation.

hope phil sticks around too.

On the 9.8 unemployment....

Right after the number came out, the market dropped... but then analysts started looking at the number and got suspicious. It was suspected to be a bad stat due to a poor response to the survey. i.e., they don't believe the 9.8. The markets turned positive for an uptick to one hell of a week.

there's a thread somewhere around here about markets with OP sooner87. I think he and a few others around here are technicians. not sure if they give a damn about unemployment rate.

I watched at lot of different takes on it on FOX tonight.
The number 9.8% IS probably accurate.
Apparently, there were only about 1/3 of jobs created as were predicted by the govment for the period.

Until the Democrats get off their collective liberal a**ses, and give business owners some certaintly on taxes and regulation, the unemployment number will stay very bleak. :(
Right now, they look to only be interested in political games to send messages to their LW base - but not really interested in making hard decisions to benefit American workers or employers.

**No real "change" until January.:O

OUthunder
12/3/2010, 11:10 PM
I totally expect another great depression before the year is up. if not that, then a total market collapse.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/3/2010, 11:37 PM
I totally expect another great depression before the year is up. if not that, then a total market collapse.

Only 28 days left!

SanJoaquinSooner
12/4/2010, 12:53 AM
I watched at lot of different takes on it on FOX tonight.
The number 9.8% IS probably accurate.
Apparently, there were only about 1/3 of jobs created as were predicted by the govment for the period.

Until the Democrats get off their collective liberal a**ses, and give business owners some certaintly on taxes and regulation, the unemployment number will stay very bleak. :(
Right now, they look to only be interested in political games to send messages to their LW base - but not really interested in making hard decisions to benefit American workers or employers.

**No real "change" until January.:O

My source was the market segment on KCBS radio in San Francisco. They said the numbers were out of wack with other indicators of recent job growth in major industries such as airlines and auto. Also said the survey response rate was way below average which may have skewed the results. Could very well be wrong but I believe market analysts pick up these trends before the talking heads do.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/4/2010, 12:55 AM
oh yeah, I might be confused ... sooner87 was over at O'Connells, not here, correct?

tommieharris91
12/4/2010, 03:57 AM
I like pie.

I should not eat so much pie.

If I cut back on pie consumption, pie makers will make less money.

If pie makers make less money, they have to lay off their workers.

Laid off workers means higher unemployment.

Higher unemployment is bad.

Therefore, I must eat more pie.

There's actually a lot of dirty truth to this. And the dirty truth is when the money stops flowing people get laid off.