PDA

View Full Version : New car sales

pphilfran
12/3/2010, 10:46 AM
Auto sales were flat last month...US manufacturers had a good month...imports not so good, mostly due to Toyota's poor sales...

Nov 2010 vs Nov 2009

GM up 12.2%...ytd up 7.0
Ford up 24%...ytd 21%
Chrysler 16.7%...ytd 16.5%
Toyota down 3.3%...ytd up .2%
Honda up 21.1...5.5%
NIssan 26.8%...17%
VW 28.1...21.3
Mazda 7.4...5.8
Hyundai 45.2...23.0
Bimmer 23.3...9.3
Daimler 9.6...12.7
Subaru 22.4...22.5
Kia 48.2...16.8
Porsche 48.6...29.4
Ferrari 45.8...11.8
Masaratti 66.0....48.8

SAAR data...Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/totalvehiclesales11.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/importvehiclesales11.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/domesticautosales11.jpg

Boomer.....
12/3/2010, 11:13 AM
I am really glad to see Ford doing well. They stood their ground, accepted responsibility, made the right changes, and now are reaping the benefits.

OUthunder
12/3/2010, 11:23 AM
I used to own nothing but Toyota's. However, after my last Tundra, that is not gonna happen anymore. Biggest POS that I ever owned. I'm on my 2nd Nissan Titan and I've had very good luck with them, and about 10k cheaper equally equipped as well. I never liked how Toyota priced or packaged their options either. RIPOFF!

yermom
12/3/2010, 11:24 AM
I am really glad to see Ford doing well. They stood their ground, accepted responsibility, made the right changes, and now are reaping the benefits.

but are their cars still crappy? :D

i can't believe Toyota fell off so fast. i guess "the formula" didn't work out so well.

Hyundai has really taken off in the last couple years too

OUthunder
12/3/2010, 11:29 AM

i can't believe Toyota fell off so fast. i guess "the formula" didn't work out so well.

Most of Toyota's issues were arrogance and lying to the American public about their accelerator pedals being safe. It'll take a loooong time for them to recover from that.

I bought a new Nissan Titan in July...just for kicks I looked at the Tundra. They were so arrogant that they would only come $1000 off of sticker. I walked outta there laughing my *** off. Got what I wanted as loaded as they come for a song at the Nissan dealer next door.

Hopefully, Nissan will do the Titan right when they redesign it.

Toyota needs to come down from their lofty penthouse view that no longer exists.

Boomer.....
12/3/2010, 11:39 AM

Fords overall ratings have been much improved since the financial meltdown. They seem to be heading in the right direction.

texaspokieokie
12/3/2010, 11:49 AM
Ford cars are VERY good !!!

yermom
12/3/2010, 11:54 AM
good at breaking down.

they sell so well because people have to keep rebuying them :D

Soonerfan88
12/3/2010, 12:11 PM
This isn't the '70s or even the '80s any more. I wish folks would start looking at current info instead of just repeating what Pops said. And every manufacturer will have a few lemons. Just because one vehicle is bad doesn't mean the entire model or mfg is.

StoopTroup
12/3/2010, 12:46 PM
Once Ford gets the Gas Mileage up to 25-30 mpg on the Expeditions...I might consider buying one again. Until they all figure out that we aren't gonna buy their vehicles if the fall apart or charge an extra $10,000 for the extras on the vehicles and good mileage....I'll keep running the numbers and buying old trucks and cars under $5000. It's kind of cool changing vehicles every now and then instead of holding on to a newer vehicle and paying Full Coverage Insurance and worrying about door dings or someone breaking in or stealing it.

My 1988 Chevy 1500 longbed with extended cab and California Custom swivel seats is really clean and pretty fun to drive. I'm going to have to put a couple of tires on it soon but so far....it's saved me a buttload of money and been dependable.

I get a kick outta of thinking how I'm saving 600-800 to even maybe 1000 bucks a month driving the old truck. The new car manufacturers really need to figure out how to get my business back....The next time I sign papers on a Ford....the salesman will have to kiss my *** to get me to sign.

OUMallen
12/3/2010, 12:51 PM
Most of Toyota's issues were arrogance and lying to the American public about their accelerator pedals being safe. It'll take a loooong time for them to recover from that.

I bought a new Nissan Titan in July...just for kicks I looked at the Tundra. They were so arrogant that they would only come $1000 off of sticker. I walked outta there laughing my *** off. Got what I wanted as loaded as they come for a song at the Nissan dealer next door.

Hopefully, Nissan will do the Titan right when they redesign it.

Toyota needs to come down from their lofty penthouse view that no longer exists.

Their 0% APR went a long way with me.

Ike
12/3/2010, 01:05 PM
Ford cars are VERY good !!!

Maybe...but I can't wait till I can afford to replace the one I have. Worst decision I ever made.

badger
12/3/2010, 04:40 PM
Don't forget that last year had Cash For Clunkers, so last year's sales stats might be up regardless of car quality, mileage, technology, the economy, etc etc.

I've never owned a new car. Parents have, spouse has, not me. I feel better that way, driving around an older car, just in case I have a blond moment

pphilfran
12/3/2010, 04:45 PM
Don't forget that last year had Cash For Clunkers, so last year's sales stats might be up regardless of car quality, mileage, technology, the economy, etc etc.

I've never owned a new car. Parents have, spouse has, not me. I feel better that way, driving around an older car, just in case I have a blond moment

You can see the peak for Cash for Clunkers last August....truck sales climbed but most of those gains were lost in the next month or two...passenger sales increased and showed little drop off after C f C....

MR2-Sooner86
12/3/2010, 04:50 PM
I feel better that way, driving around an older car, when I have those blond moments

:(

AlboSooner
12/3/2010, 04:51 PM
I'm glad US companies are doing well. Ford's strategy on taking on the Japanese cars has paid off, and GM's strategy on taking on the Euros has paid off to some degree.

MR2-Sooner86
12/3/2010, 04:54 PM
All I gotta say in the big three debate...

http://zippo.sector2.com/pics/mustangwins.jpg

:D

virginiasooner
12/3/2010, 04:57 PM
We love our new Ford Fusion Hybrid -- red of course!