PDA

View Full Version : Funny baby names

Jboozer
12/3/2010, 10:46 AM
I have a friend who works at a hospital and told me the funniest baby name she has heard

Dekinya. (Pronounced DICK IN YA.)

Not a joke but hilariously true.

jumperstop
12/3/2010, 10:50 AM
I bet she (I can only assume she) is black.

Boarder
12/3/2010, 10:58 AM
Kids names are out of control. Thats probably some kid's name actually, Owdakintrole.

Mississippi Sooner
12/3/2010, 11:26 AM
I've often wondered if that player from VaTech, Tyrod Taylor, has brothers named Crankshaft and Piston.

SoonerJack
12/3/2010, 11:30 AM
I've often wondered if that player from VaTech, Tyrod Taylor, has brothers named Crankshaft and Piston.
ba dump bump....crash!!!

Thanks folks, he'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal and tip your waitresses and bartenders.

Mississippi Sooner
12/3/2010, 11:37 AM
ba dump bump....crash!!!

Thanks folks, he'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal and tip your waitresses and bartenders.

And I actually did know a guy down here in Mississippi whose name was Algie Moss. :O

TUSooner
12/3/2010, 11:40 AM
Bill Cosby has made some excellent observations about the gibberish names some African Americans inflict on their kids. But I'll leave that to him. Lily white folks have some gems, too. like "Baylen" Brees. WTF is a baylen?
Then there are
Major Appelwhite
Captain Munnerlyn
Lawyer Milloy and
Brother Frohmeyer, a guy who owns a waste disposal business in New Orleans (Their awesome slogan: Our business stinks, but it's picking up.)

I kind of like something good and Anglo-Saxon like Aethelwulf for a boy. :)

SoonerBorn
12/3/2010, 12:10 PM
I knew of a child named Lemonjello, because the mother ate Lemon Jello all during her pregnancy.

I also know of someone named Braxton because the mother kept having Braxton-Hicks contractions.

Should we get into the Zappa family?

3rdgensooner
12/3/2010, 12:12 PM
Bill Cosby has made some excellent observations about the gibberish names some African Americans inflict on their kids. But I'll leave that to him. Lily white folks have some gems, too.
Richard Head

Soonerfan88
12/3/2010, 12:15 PM
A-a

Pronounced Adasha :rolleyes:

I Am Right
12/3/2010, 12:33 PM
Isla!

StoopTroup
12/3/2010, 12:38 PM
Formica

sooner59
12/3/2010, 12:38 PM
I'm just waiting until babies' actual names begin with "LIL'".

lil' Wayne for example....on a birth certificate.

Then it progresses to nicknames on a birth certificate.

lil stomach ache, lil pistol starter, lil purple drank, etc. evolution...

Partial Qualifier
12/3/2010, 12:42 PM
Bill Cosby has made some excellent observations about the gibberish names some African Americans inflict on their kids. But I'll leave that to him. Lily white folks have some gems, too.

I know someone who took the trendy names Cooper and Collin, and spruced 'em up right fancy with "Kewper" and "Kawlin". :barf:

SCOUT
12/3/2010, 01:00 PM
Abcde - Absedee

Tulsa_Fireman
12/3/2010, 01:08 PM
I'm just waiting until babies' actual names begin with "LIL'".

lil' Wayne for example....on a birth certificate.

Then it progresses to nicknames on a birth certificate.

lil stomach ache, lil pistol starter, lil purple drank, etc. evolution...

Lil shouldvegotadeposhot, Lil welfarecheck, Lil numbereleven...

SteelClip49
12/3/2010, 02:12 PM
Alge Crumpler
Lucious Pusey
D'Brickashaw Ferguson

sooner59
12/3/2010, 04:16 PM
Alge Crumpler
Lucious Pusey
D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LOL

Jammin'
12/3/2010, 04:44 PM
Alge Crumpler
Lucious Pusey
D'Brickashaw Ferguson

I tried to get my wife to name our 2nd son D'Brickashaw.

On Edit: I failed.

booomer
12/3/2010, 04:58 PM
Years ago I encountered 3 kids with the names: Lemonjello and Orangjello (they were twins) and they had a sister named Aquanet. It' like their mother got her names from the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. (Aqua Net is a hairspray and the other two speak for themselves.)

I may not have the spelling quite right. When I was told their names I didn't really think much about it until I saw them spelled out.

stoopified
12/3/2010, 05:23 PM
I knew of a child named Lemonjello, because the mother ate Lemon Jello all during her pregnancy.

I also know of someone named Braxton because the mother kept having Braxton-Hicks contractions.

Should we get into the Zappa family? My stepmother works for he Lawton school system and did hearing tests on brothers named Lemonjello and Orangejello.She also swears there was a little girl named ****head,pronounced Sha thed.

BTW I went to hs with the Box sisters ,Sandy and Toy.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2010, 05:25 PM
err

booomer
12/3/2010, 05:26 PM
My stepmother works for he Lawton school system and did hearing tests on brothers named Lemonjello and Orangejello.She also swears there was a little girl named ****head,pronounced Sha thed.

BTW I went to hs with the Box sisters ,Sandy and Toy.

These kids were from Lawton....it was in the late 80's.

Pricetag
12/3/2010, 05:32 PM
Lily white folks have some gems, too. like "Baylen" Brees. WTF is a baylen?
And anything ending in "-ayden." When I can't remember the name of a kid on one of my son's sports teams, I always guess an "-ayden" name.

sooner59
12/3/2010, 05:49 PM
I know a black guy named Baylen.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/3/2010, 05:50 PM
I know a black guy, too.

Thaumaturge
12/3/2010, 06:18 PM
To those of you with young children, imagine you're all in a room together. Now, look to your left. Look to your right.

Statistically, all three of you have horribly named children.

AlbqSooner
12/3/2010, 07:25 PM
Regus Patoff - first and middle name of a child years ago. His parents tagged him with it because you saw it everywhere back in those days. (Reg U.S. Pat. Off.) for Registered U.S. Patent Office

Former physician in Tulsa - Dr. Safety First

Guy from my hometown - Willoughby Priddy III
The THIRD??? Damn his parents must have really hated him.

SoonerBorn
12/3/2010, 10:42 PM
My stepmother works for he Lawton school system and did hearing tests on brothers named Lemonjello and Orangejello.She also swears there was a little girl named ****head,pronounced Sha thed.

I lived in Lawton for a brief while - I think that's where I heard about Lemonjello (pronounced luh-MON-juh-loe, if I remember correctly).

I had a boss from England who insists he knew a guy named ****heed Dumas. Says he got pulled over one time and the cop looked at his license and mispronounced his name. (I guess it's supposed to be pronounced shuh-THEED doo-MAH.) Those parents had issues.