PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton compared to Reggie and Hart Lee

SilliSooner
12/2/2010, 01:48 PM
In my article, I compare Cam Newton to Reggie Bush and Hart Lee Dykes. Was this wrong?

LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/532064-cam-out-of-jam-implications-about-and-reflections-on-everyones-favorite-newton)

Scott D
12/2/2010, 02:44 PM
Did not Reggie and Hart Lee actually receive benefits themselves rather than just the parent?

RedstickSooner
12/2/2010, 02:55 PM
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to conclude that Cam didn't receive benefits personally.

Scott D
12/2/2010, 03:32 PM
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to conclude that Cam didn't receive benefits personally.

but yet Pat Haden wants us to believe that Reggie Bush never received any personal benefits.

TopDawg
12/2/2010, 03:54 PM
He should be compared to Damon Stoudamire. (Posted this in another thread too.)

Article about similarities between Stoudamire in the 90's and Newton today...with a different ruling by the NCAA:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/95-suspended-star-didnt-know-of-dad-benefits-29294

In 1995, the father of Arizona Wildcats basketball star Damon Stoudemire was accused by the NCAA of accepting a plane ticket from an agent. Stoudamire denied knowing of the arrangement while his father, Willie Stoudamire, also denied accepting the ticket.

After the NCAA informed Arizona of its allegation against Stoudamire’s father, the school immediately suspended the star guard while simultaneously filing an emergency appeal with the governing body seeking Stoudamire’s immediate reinstatement.

In announcing the suspension of Stoudamire, the WASHINGTON POST reported that Arizona Athletic Director Jim Livengood said at the time:

“I need to make this very clear and very distinct. Damon has done nothing wrong. Damon knows nothing of what has transpired, and Damon has had no part in that.”

The BOSTON GLOBE subsequently reported that instead of immediately reinstating Stoudamire, as it did in the Cam Newton case, the NCAA “suspended Stoudamire for the last regular-season game, reinstating him for the postseason tournament.”