PDA

View Full Version : Wow, someone is bitter.....

SoonerPr8r
12/2/2010, 01:12 PM
Better or worse than Jenni?
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/01/2673121/hey-coach-stoops-win-one-for-the.html

An open letter to Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and all of his Sooner players...

Welcome back to Texas, boys. And congrats on kind of, sort of winning The Big 12 South again. Got to love using a screwed-up joke of a system as a way to break deadlocks, or everybody except Texas and Texas A&M do, anyway.

No whine intended.

I actually need a favor from y'all. Beat Nebraska. Actually do not just beat them; beat them handily, because the thought of the Cornhuskers winning the championship of the conference they tried to destroy makes me throw up a little in my mouth. And the thought of Cornhuskers coach Bo Pelini winning anything ramps a little up to a lot.

So earn this BcS-ranking-provided berth. And beat Nebraska.

The eyes of Texas are with you.

Hook 'em. Sic 'em. Gig 'em. Get your guns up for 'em.

However, whatever, just beat them. Send Nebraska to the Big Ten, or whatever name E. Gordon Gee decides to slap upon that league, with a big fat reminder that their Big 12 legacy was never all that impressive and they will barely be missed at all.

Remind Nebraska why it was never the bellwether team of this conference and why it will not be in the Big Ten. Show the Huskers what Wisconsin and Ohio State and possibly Michigan (if Jim Harbaugh replaces that slimy little RichRod) will do to them.

Leave no doubt, no room for whine that officials were really to blame, like the usually classy Tom Osborne and Pelini, in typical histrionic fashion, claimed after The Big 12 Championship a year ago. And then again in College Station a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently, Nebraska only loses when officials do them wrong, which is giggle-worthy because I seem to remember a certain illegal kicked ball helping them beat Mizzou, and nobody at Nebraska handed that "W" back.

But we are talking about Nebraska, where they do things "the right way," or so I am told by the 14 folks in Omaha with Internet who love to send e-mails that rarely clear the S-T naughty-word filter about how classy they are.

Admittedly, I will miss wacky Cornhusker Nation and those 14 TV sets when they are gone. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was as touchy as they were about their football, except maybe BYU. And the Children of the Corn love to e-mail, about how Dan Beebe always favored Texas, how the South got all the love and how the league singlehandedly killed their long rivalry with OU.

They are kind of right, as you already know, Bob.

Beebe did favor Texas. And the South did get most of the love. Still does. The fine folks at the Cotton Bowl chose A&M ahead of a Mizzou team with more Ws and a W at College Station this season. Total screw job, of course, and I wish nothing but fail on them. Them being The Cotton, not the Aggies.

Full disclosure, Bob: As you probably already noticed, my love and money went to Mizzou.

What you may want to whisper to Bo and Dr. Tom is "Welcome to big-time college athletics." Money determines almost everything. And winning determines who has more money and, thereby, who gets more. All Nebraska had to do was win the way it had before it was exposed by the South, and Beebe would have loved it, too.

Of course, I would never say any of this to Bo Pelini's face. Both he and his brother scare me. I prefer to watch Bo's crazy rantings on YouTube with the safety of distance that provides. And I like you, Bob, so be careful when gigging him.

He unleashes expletives like an episode of The Wire.

Just keep Sooner types away from his brother and defensive coordinator Carl Pelini afterward, if y'all win. We do not want to see any Sooners hurt.

So once again, congrats on being here. It is not easy kind of, sort of winning the South. No whine intended, really. Because we are all with you. We are all Sooners this week.

Sooners or traitors?

It was an easy choice even for those of us like myself who have PTSD from hearing Boomer Sooner so often during my days at Mizzou, or those of us who bleed Burnt Orange, or blame y'all for Barry Switzer's Cowboys time or just plain do not like anything that comes from Oklahoma. We need you on this.

The last thing anybody outside Lincoln wants this weekend is to see Pelini dressed like a high school gym coach, chewing his gum, carrying his laminated play sheet, strutting around JerryWorld believing he showed us as he walks off to the numerically incorrect Big Ten.

And do not get too touchy, Cornhuskers; nobody calls Colorado traitors because nobody even noticed it was leaving.

Not to downplay, Bob, but how hard can this be, really?

Texas beat them. In Lincoln. With Greg Davis as OC. And probably Mack Brown's worst team ever.

Iowa State had them beat but blew it.

The Aggies beat them. In College Station. OK, so they did that to y'all, too, but you get the point.

Now the onus is on you, Bob, to do what is right and good and holy. And to save Beebe from the most awkward trophy hand-off since Switzer and Jerry Jones fought for the Lombardi.

So for one day, Boomer Sooner.

Jen Engel

Missouri, Class of back when we stunk

Jennifer Floyd Engel

817-390-7697

meoveryouxinfinity
12/2/2010, 01:17 PM
I read two sentences. Worse. Way worse. Jenni is like Hemingway compared to this.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 01:18 PM
But she went to Missouri which is the bestest journalism school in the history of forever!!!

bullnoob
12/2/2010, 01:18 PM
Wah! That's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back again.

Veritas
12/2/2010, 01:27 PM
Mizzou still stinks, Jen. Get a clue.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/2/2010, 01:28 PM
Why do you write 'No whine intended' right after you start whining?

badger
12/2/2010, 01:31 PM
http://dealbreaker.com/2009/11/18/cminus.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
12/2/2010, 01:33 PM
Wasn't Missouri the school that was practically felating everybody associated with the B10 to get in, only to get left at the altar?

STFU, biotch!

OKLA21FAN
12/2/2010, 01:34 PM
But she went to Missouri which is the bestest journalism school in the history of forever!!!

journalism school on the rise

The
12/2/2010, 01:34 PM
:mad:

CatfishSooner
12/2/2010, 01:35 PM
PSHHHHHHHHH

3rdgensooner
12/2/2010, 01:36 PM
Wasn't Missouri the school that was practically felating everybody associated with the B10 to get in, only to get left at the altar?

I think that needs to be added to the comments section.

bmjlr
12/2/2010, 01:38 PM
Wow, I hate myself for reading that.

soonerbub
12/2/2010, 01:38 PM
Oklahoma.

Nebraska.

Playing in texass.

For the championship.

that would've been Jenni's take (this article is funny BTW typical :texan:)

delhalew
12/2/2010, 01:41 PM
Come on, that was HILARIOUS.

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2010, 01:41 PM
the Little Ball of Hate

virginiasooner
12/2/2010, 01:43 PM
So once again, congrats on being here. It is not easy kind of, sort of winning the South. No whine intended, really. Because we are all with you. We are all Sooners this week.

All except the Pokes (at least the Pokes that I am related to by blood and marriage).

Overall, I liked it.

Veritas
12/2/2010, 01:44 PM
I love how whorn fans slag on Greg Davis, the same guy who was the OC when they won the MNC and who brought them to the title game last year

XingTheRubicon
12/2/2010, 01:46 PM
Maybe women shouldn't be paid to write opinions on football.

Of course, most men suck at it too.

badger
12/2/2010, 01:47 PM
I love how whorn fans slag on Greg Davis, the same guy who was the OC when they won the MNC and who brought them to the title game last year

I'm making you another avatar after we beat you... maybe a seizure-inducing Bo Pelini mad face blinking repeatedly? Or are you more of a Carl Pelini guy? :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/2/2010, 01:48 PM
Why does nobody in the state of Texas get the concept of a three-way tie? I am tired of reading how A&M got screwed. They didn't! They have an ooc loss to boot! SHUT UP! I am tired of it! You didn't get screwed, you knew the rules. I am starting to add A&M to my s*** list as well because of this mess.

badger
12/2/2010, 01:50 PM
You mean they weren't already on your list? Your wife's a Red Raider, Sax! Surely she's convinced you to hate the closest school to a rival they'll ever have! :D

Howzit
12/2/2010, 02:01 PM

That was last year. Duh.

badger
12/2/2010, 02:06 PM
Fire Chuck THIRD AND Long!

Oh, that was a few years ago too? Well, still should fire him. Form Kansas. Yeah, chuck Chuck!

;)

sooner518
12/2/2010, 02:06 PM
Welcome back to Texas, boys. And congrats on kind of, sort of winning The Big 12 South again. Got to love using a screwed-up joke of a system as a way to break deadlocks, or everybody except Texas and Texas A&M do, anyway.

No whine intended.

Screw her. We dont want the eyes of Texas to be with us. Why would we want that Big Bucket of Fail cheering us on?

What do these d0uchebags want to use as a tiebreaker in a 3 way scenario? I seriously dont get it. They voted for these rules just the same as we did.

And yes, it still counts as a whine when you whine, then say "no whine intended" after it. I know she's not an aggie, but these people (aggies, and I guess this lady) are cementing themselves as bigger whiners than *, and its made worse by the fact that they preface all of their whining with "Not to sound like a Longhorn here, but.....".

Well, sorry assclowns, you do sound exactly like the Longhorns, except 2 years ago, they actually had some semblance of a gripe because they had the same record as us. Aggies whining about it sound like Longhorns, but dumber ones at that, because they expect that their worse overall record isn't going to come into play with the BCS rankings.

man I hate these people.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/2/2010, 02:09 PM
You mean they weren't already on your list? Your wife's a Red Raider, Sax! Surely she's convinced you to hate the closest school to a rival they'll ever have! :D

Haha, my whole street are Ags, so they are legit, but yeah, not one of my favorites to begin with. I am just starting to think the Texas public education system has some serious issues if no one in this state can figure it out.

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 02:10 PM
See how good it can be to have OU and NU come together for a common goal? http://www.4x4bastards.com/forum/Smileys/4x4bastards/bigLOL.gif

RedstickSooner
12/2/2010, 02:10 PM
Jenni is.

Is better.

Better. Not worse.
Worse than this writer. Who is worse.

Not better.

Not better like Jenni.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 02:12 PM
Well, sorry assclowns, you do sound exactly like the Longhorns, except 2 years ago, they actually had some semblance of a gripe because they had the same record as us. Aggies whining about it sound like Longhorns, but dumber ones at that, because they expect that their worse overall record isn't going to come into play with the BCS rankings.

man I hate these people.

They're getting around the whole extra loss issue by saying that non-conference games shouldn't count. Except that they do so I'm not sure if they're arguing that the rule should be changed immediately so they can go. Also, there's no guarantee that if you just look at conference records they'd be in either.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2010, 02:12 PM
i've listened to her on ESPN radio a few times...meh

Mississippi Sooner
12/2/2010, 02:15 PM
Texas A&M this year = Texas Tech in 2008. A relative non-factor. I don't know why that's so hard for them to grasp.

agoo758
12/2/2010, 02:17 PM
I couldn't read on after the first paragraph

Media morons in 2008: Oklahoma went to the Big 12 game because of the screwed up tie-breakers, we need to change the rules

2010, after the rules were changed exactly to their liking: Oklahoma went to the Big 12 game because of the screwed up tie-breakers

Seriously, I have never wanted to physically assault someone over a football game, but I have damned near run out of patience.

SoonerAtKU
12/2/2010, 02:18 PM

To be fair, the Texas offense when not Vince- or Colt-based is pretty awful to watch. It's boring and sad.

85sooners
12/2/2010, 02:21 PM
:gary:

oumartin
12/2/2010, 02:27 PM
Carlson woulda ate the paper and drank the ink toner.

Jacie
12/2/2010, 02:29 PM
To be fair, the Texas offense when not Vince- or Colt-based is pretty awful to watch. It's boring and sad.

Well, they did have Major Applewhite (before benching him so everyone's favorite son-of-a-Super-Bowl-MVP could play) and the Major did lead them to a come-from-behind win over the Sooners in '99, a season GD never gets any credit for . . .

Veritas
12/2/2010, 02:36 PM
Oh, I agree. I've been bagging on the UTerus coaching staff for years now.

starclassic tama
12/2/2010, 02:40 PM
wow she looks exactly like jenni carlson too...

http://media.star-telegram.com/images/columnists/engel100.png

SunnySooner
12/2/2010, 02:44 PM
Screw her. We dont want the eyes of Texas to be with us. Why would we want that Big Bucket of Fail cheering us on?

man I hate these people.

Exactly. In fact, the thought of someone bypassing their 500-piece selection of burnt orange in favor of their brand new crimson and cream makes me want to "throw up in my mouth a little".

bmjlr
12/2/2010, 02:45 PM
wow she looks exactly like jenni carlson too...

http://media.star-telegram.com/images/columnists/engel100.png

Holy **** she does!! Freaking scary! :O

oumartin
12/2/2010, 02:53 PM
Holy **** she does!! Freaking scary! :O

most lesbians look the same

TXBOOMER
12/2/2010, 03:01 PM

I know what the C stands for.

picasso
12/2/2010, 03:03 PM
Missouri has scoreboard on us and they still have no ammo for smack.

adoniijahsooner
12/2/2010, 03:14 PM
most lesbians look the same

I don't think she is gay considering she has a child and is married to Mac Engel who covers the cowboys down in here in Texas.

Okie35
12/2/2010, 03:19 PM

VA Sooner
12/2/2010, 06:06 PM
Did seem a bit bitter. Seems to be rising on boards everywhere... lots of pressure to keep the Big 12 Trophy in the league with us.

OK... guess we better just do it.

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2010, 06:08 PM
Did seem a bit bitter. Seems to be rising on boards everywhere... lots of pressure to keep the Big 12 Trophy in the league with us.

OK... guess we better just do it.

Needs work.

Her writing.

Could be better.

brian
12/2/2010, 08:46 PM
I used to listen to her on ESPNradio sometimes when I lived in DFW. She is worse on the radio than in print.

I Am Right
12/2/2010, 08:48 PM

STFU, biotch!

Was it a shotgun wedding?

ocsooner
12/2/2010, 10:43 PM
They are complaining about a 3 way tie, when the team that won the head to head of the top two of the 3 way tie is going to the championship. It's exactly the way they thought it should have ended up the last time.

Oh yea, except the better team is going to the championship... again... Wait, it's still the same way it ended up last time...

swardboy
12/2/2010, 11:09 PM
Personally, I'm having a great time watching all the heads explode around us as we claim yet another conference crown.

soonerloyal
12/2/2010, 11:13 PM
I'm making you another avatar after we beat you... maybe a seizure-inducing Bo Pelini mad face blinking repeatedly? Or are you more of a Carl Pelini guy? :D

Here ya go, courtesy of ShaggyBevo's THujone, He Of Mad MS Paint Skillz:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/ThuJoneShaggyBevoPELINI.png

He may be a Horn, but ya gotta love (some of) his work. :D

Sooners78
12/3/2010, 10:09 AM
Maybe women shouldn't be paid to write opinions on football.

Or to report from the sideline. Lousy Tokens!

stoopified
12/3/2010, 10:21 AM
That was an awful lot of whining for a non-whing article.Did that guy actually READ this drivel before submitting it?

unbiasedtruth
12/3/2010, 12:34 PM
nice way to dish OU with all the backhanded comments.....

met her after the 2nd OU/MizzOU championship game in 2008..... talk about a whiney little suent.... especially when I told her you cant spell MizzOU with OU....

she tries so hard to one-up the wannabe shockjock Randy Galloway its unreal... this article is just proof in her bloomer pudding.....

budbarrybob
12/3/2010, 01:48 PM

ur being generous 'cause the writer's a gurl... ain'tcha??

TAFBSooner
12/3/2010, 02:06 PM

I was NOT sad watching the ut offense this year! :D

AggieGirl2005
12/3/2010, 02:54 PM
Why does nobody in the state of Texas get the concept of a three-way tie? I am tired of reading how A&M got screwed. They didn't! They have an ooc loss to boot! SHUT UP! I am tired of it! You didn't get screwed, you knew the rules. I am starting to add A&M to my s*** list as well because of this mess.

She's not an Aggie so this shouldn't count as us complaining. Most Ags, including myself, are living with the outcome just fine.

EDIT: Case in point: http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1749302&forum_id=5

AggieGirl2005
12/3/2010, 02:54 PM
I was NOT sad watching the ut offense this year! :D

I quite enjoyed it!

TUSooner
12/3/2010, 02:55 PM
I've read better prose on these boards. That's a bad thing to say.

Cornfed
12/3/2010, 03:09 PM
Uh, my ADD kicked in after she started her second paragraph and I began reading the replies in the thread.