PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Huskers about joining the Big10:

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 12:54 AM
Once upon a time, dear Cornholios, you joined your Big XII bretheren in open derision of the Big 10 as vastly overrated, slow, plodding, has-beens. Heck, sometimes you even lead the way with your sCorn.

Don't waste your breath denying it. You're liars if you state that wasn't the general consensus of NU fans a mere couple or three years ago.

So the question is, what say you now?

Are you abandoning your rhetoric?

Or do you still hold to that belief and feel you're going to start cleaning up right off the bat?

Just curious....

soonercastor
12/2/2010, 01:09 AM
Nebraska's style fits very well in the Big Ten IMO.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/2/2010, 01:12 AM

Quitters?

PDXsooner
12/2/2010, 01:35 AM
Once upon a time, dear Cornholios, you joined your Big XII bretheren in open derision of the Big 10 as vastly overrated, slow, plodding, has-beens. Heck, sometimes you even lead the way with your sCorn.

Don't waste your breath denying it. You're liars if you state that wasn't the general consensus of NU fans a mere couple or three years ago.

Or do you still hold to that belief and feel you're going to start cleaning up right off the bat?

Just curious....

As if they'd actually admit it. The truth is, Nebraska will nestle in nicely to that 2nd tier of Big Ten teams - Mich. St, Iowa, Purdue, Penn State that is good for 7 or 8 wins with the occasional run.

The conference is Ohio State's. They own it and they have no plans on sharing their dominance with Nebraska. Wisconsin will welcome Nebraska with a few beatdowns early is my best guess.

Reddoggie
12/2/2010, 02:17 AM

Just curious....

How's the view while you're hanging from Texas' nuts?

EatLeadCommie
12/2/2010, 02:44 AM
Nebraska will not be relegated to second tier status in the B10. They will compete most years for the title. People think about making inroads into Texas recruiting...well, Nebraska just opened up their inroads to Ohio and PA recruiting. They will be fine.

PDXsooner
12/2/2010, 02:45 AM

Actually, you guys are the ones that can't beat Texas. Our view is from the top of the standings. And from here the view is pretty great!

Okie35
12/2/2010, 02:50 AM

Same thing I was going to say. I could careless from a conference standpoint Nebbish had to do what they felt was right. Their style does fit as far a smash mouth run team and their defense being their primary strength.

KantoSooner
12/2/2010, 09:38 AM
I really don't get those who think Nebs is going to have trouble with anyone in the B10. My pov is that Nebs will likely dominate that conference like no one ever has.

tfoolry
12/2/2010, 09:45 AM
There's a reason why cornholers quit playing Iowa years ago. Their one dimensional offense will not dominate in the Big 10/11/12.

Soonersince57
12/2/2010, 09:54 AM

Hmmm, speaking of nuts. Nebraska is 1-9 against Texas during the Big XII era.

rekamrettuB
12/2/2010, 09:57 AM
Quitters?

Has beens.

Crimsontothecore
12/2/2010, 09:58 AM

Wow, you guys have major penis envy of UT don't ya? I guess I can understand why Nebraska wants to take their toys and run whining to the big10. It all started at that very first big12 title game when a bad Mackovic led UT team beat Osborn. With a 1-9 record against UT in the big12 I can see why your boys want to leave. My question is: where will nebraska go when they get all frustrated at being Ohio states whipping boy?

Mongo
12/2/2010, 10:52 AM
Nebraska will not be relegated to second tier status in the B10. They will compete most years for the title. People think about making inroads into Texas recruiting...well, Nebraska just opened up their inroads to Ohio and PA recruiting. They will be fine.

Have fun losing recruits to Michigan and tOSU instead of UT and OU

SoonerMom2
12/2/2010, 11:15 AM
If NE thinks they will make inroads into recuiting in Ohio, think again. That's not going to happen. What parent would want their son playing for the coaching staff at NE after witnessing their meltdown on TV at A&M.

Why NE thinks they can waltz into the Big 10 and clean up is beyond me. Penn State thought the same thing. If they think arrogance is bad in TX wait until they meet the arrogance in Columbus. Not much as changed since I grew up there with Ohio State and their fans. Now that are back at the top, it is much worse. Cannot wait to see NE fans wear that Cornhusk hat in The Horseshoe! The fans alrealdy have no respect for Nebraska that I know -- they will be the new stepchild of the conference and told what to do. Like I said if they think Texas is bad wait until they get The OSU!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 11:26 AM

Maybe that's your problem Big Red. They are longhorn steers. They no longer have cajones. And if they did, rest assured we would be hanging off of them in an attempt to rip them right off... as one of our rather cranky fans did to a shorthorn fan not that long ago.

BTW, you stay classy with your comments there you classy Nebraska fan, you.

Oh I don't disagree. I don't think they will be second tier either. They will compete with tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, the upper half of the Big10.

But the point is, that in conversation and postings with Nebbish Nation, they, just like OU, UT, aTm, etc., have long cut down on the Big10 as an overrated inferior conference.

So I want to know, by their inclusion, do they think they are elevating the Big10, merely "fitting in" with the Big10, or are they looking to elevate their own program by joining the Big10?

That is to say, what is the state of the Bugeater ego? Are they stooping to an inferior competitive conference just to flee UT (though granted with the nice bonus of a fat payday), or do they think they now have validation that they've "arrived"?

royalfan5
12/2/2010, 11:34 AM
If NE thinks they will make inroads into recuiting in Ohio, think again. That's not going to happen. What parent would want their son playing for the coaching staff at NE after witnessing their meltdown on TV at A&M.

There are a lot of parents that don't baby their kids and aren't afraid to chew a little *** when needed. They probably don't have a problem with Pelini.

soonermix
12/2/2010, 12:10 PM
i have thought for quite a while and have finally decided what i would like to happen.

as long as we win and win big in nebraska's last chance at a big XII championship, i hope they go to the big 10 and dominate. there they will know they don't and really never did have a chance here so they will try their chances elsewhere. and then i will laugh

huskerland
12/2/2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe that's your problem Big Red. They are longhorn steers. They no longer have cajones. And if they did, rest assured we would be hanging off of them in an attempt to rip them right off... as one of our rather cranky fans did to a shorthorn fan not that long ago.

BTW, you stay classy with your comments there you classy Nebraska fan, you.

Oh I don't disagree. I don't think they will be second tier either. They will compete with tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, the upper half of the Big10.

But the point is, that in conversation and postings with Nebbish Nation, they, just like OU, UT, aTm, etc., have long cut down on the Big10 as an overrated inferior conference.

So I want to know, by their inclusion, do they think they are elevating the Big10, merely "fitting in" with the Big10, or are they looking to elevate their own program by joining the Big10?

That is to say, what is the state of the Bugeater ego? Are they stooping to an inferior competitive conference just to flee UT (though granted with the nice bonus of a fat payday), or do they think they now have validation that they've "arrived"? Rather the question should be: Why did the sooners run from Us Nebs as you call us?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101201/SPORTS/712019820

Sorry sooner fans I mean to show respect on your' board but, this particular poster is a bit uninformed. Things just happen sometime! Many Sooner and Husker fans will miss all of the great games that have been played between the two! So: I'ts not all about football ! No, it's not all about Texas either! Are the Sooners cued up for the Big Ten??? Don't talk to soon! *Smile*!

jkjsooner
12/2/2010, 12:26 PM

Why NE thinks they can waltz into the Big 10 and clean up is beyond me. Penn State thought the same thing.

Penn State pretty much did dominate the Big 10 when they joined it. They went undefeated their second year in the conference. The thought was that PSU would have trouble replacing their weak east coast schedule with the Big 10. They proved that wrong.

Actually, being in the Big 10 screwed them over that year. Since the Big 10 wasn't in the bowl coalition, we didn't have a matchup of PSU and NU, and rightly the conference that didn't join the coalition got screwed.

LiveLaughLove
12/2/2010, 12:26 PM
Actually, you guys are the ones that can't beat Texas. Our view is from the top of the standings. And from here the view is pretty great!

Wins and losses, conference titles, etc. have nothing to do with who has the power in this conference.

Texas has the money and far more coming soon. More than all of the rest of us. Texas started the implosion of the Big XII and yet people are blaming Nebraska for not riding the wave and seeing where Texas would allow them to fall?! Unbelievable.

Defend the Big XII if you want to, that's a losing proposition. It's a dead man walking conference. Nebraska did the very best thing it could for itself, while we were busy being concerned for freakin' OSU!

I hope Nebraska dominates the Big X. I hope and pray we get the heck away from this conference and Texas as soon as possible.

jkjsooner
12/2/2010, 12:31 PM
BTW, I think some of the slow Big 10 talk is B.S. The Big 10 is second behind the SEC in number of players per team in the NFL. If they were as slow as everyone states, I don't think they would have so many NFL players. Maybe you can argue they put more lineman in the NFL and less skilled players. I don't know the stats on that...

Shakadoodoo
12/2/2010, 12:52 PM
Wins and losses, conference titles, etc. have nothing to do with who has the power in this conference.

Texas has the money and far more coming soon. More than all of the rest of us. Texas started the implosion of the Big XII and yet people are blaming Nebraska for not riding the wave and seeing where Texas would allow them to fall?! Unbelievable.

Defend the Big XII if you want to, that's a losing proposition. It's a dead man walking conference. Nebraska did the very best thing it could for itself, while we were busy being concerned for freakin' OSU!

I hope Nebraska dominates the Big X. I hope and pray we get the heck away from this conference and Texas as soon as possible.

True indeed - Money is the issue but it is the control of money that Texas has. Not money itself. We Oklahomans and the rest of the conference can do all the crying that we want to do but the fact is that the Texas market is bigger than the rest of the big 12 put together. I have not done the research but I am sure there are no states in the Big 12 that are as large as Texas. Not only that, people in Texas are born and raised on football. So the watch as well. That all calculates into money. How could we as Oklahomans argue about market expansion over Texas with OKC, Tulsa and Lawton - There are probably more people in the Dallas and Houston Metropolitan than people in Oklahoma. Denver, KC and St Louis may have a lot of people but it is not coming close to touching the Texas market. Nebraska had a choice to leave because they are regionally lucky enough to let the Big 10 bail them out BUT now they are in a whole new political circle. They may be happy now but wait until they see how the politics of the Big 10 work. I am sure it is about as sorry as every other political circle. Oklahoma may have more people than Nebraska so their "say so" will be just as low as it was in the Big 12. It seems to me that Nebraska just chose a different daddy to follow and time will tell how good they are treated by their new father. I hope they fair well - and win a lot - just to represent the original Big 8 but one thing is for sure - They Better Win!!!! or they will be felleing just as betrayed as they are feeling now!

huskerland
12/2/2010, 01:04 PM
True indeed - Money is the issue but it is the control of money that Texas has. Not money itself. We Oklahomans and the rest of the conference can do all the crying that we want to do but the fact is that the Texas market is bigger than the rest of the big 12 put together. I have not done the research but I am sure there are no states in the Big 12 that are as large as Texas. Not only that, people in Texas are born and raised on football. So the watch as well. That all calculates into money. How could we as Oklahomans argue about market expansion over Texas with OKC, Tulsa and Lawton - There are probably more people in the Dallas and Houston Metropolitan than people in Oklahoma. Denver, KC and St Louis may have a lot of people but it is not coming close to touching the Texas market. Nebraska had a choice to leave because they are regionally lucky enough to let the Big 10 bail them out BUT now they are in a whole new political circle. They may be happy now but wait until they see how the politics of the Big 10 work. I am sure it is about as sorry as every other political circle. Oklahoma may have more people than Nebraska so their "say so" will be just as low as it was in the Big 12. It seems to me that Nebraska just chose a different daddy to follow and time will tell how good they are treated by their new father. I hope they fair well - and win a lot - just to represent the original Big 8 but one thing is for sure - They Better Win!!!! or they will be felleing just as betrayed as they are feeling now! Good post with a lot of food for thought!

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 01:08 PM

Just curious....

I'll buck up. I've always thought the Big Ten was a slow and plodding conference and even stated so many times, as you suggest. Now, is that to mean they are a weak conference? I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder, but I wouldn't say that. They have always been very physical and not much finesse. I would say that's changing to a small degree, but they will always have big Olines, big backs and pocket QB's. Michigan and tOSU have spread out their attack recently, as well as PSU some, but Wiscy and MSU are still the prototypical BigTen offenses of our memories.

One thing that always frustrated me about the BigTen, was the fact that they didn't have a CCG and they've put multiple teams in the BCS (same year) more than any other conference. Didn't really seem fair and that was my major gripe about them. They also a media darling, but I think that has more to do with the stability and tradition of the conference more than anything. Am I glad we'll be a part of it? Sure. I'm also glad there will be a CCG for sure. The payouts for teams in conference are much better, as well.

Regarding recruiting, all you need to do is look up our current class (Turner, Green - TX, Williams - OH, Starling - KC) just to name a few. Pretty sure they all know we're going to the Big Ten. NU has always recruited nationally (NJ, texas, california, Florida, etc.) and that won't change, much to the chagrin of some here and UT.

I guess I don't understand what the animosity is from some fans here, other than looking at us through crimson glasses..... which is fine. That's what we do as fans, I guess, but I tend to look at teams with an open view. I'll always be a fan of OU and will continue to follow them. So, if you want to say "I told you so" or whatever, feel free! Doesn't bother me much...:cool:

AlboSooner
12/2/2010, 01:12 PM
I can't see how NU will ever win another NC? They would have to get extremely lucky.

soonerbub
12/2/2010, 01:27 PM
Nice post JPNSKER. My real ? is why does NU always feel "screwed" by texass? Like I've said before we knew :texan: and all the bull**** that comes with them. That's why it's always so fun when we beat them. If NU had performed better against texass on the field starting with the first title game I don't think NU would have left. That stuck with Osborne as it knocked him out of a potential 3-peat (just as all the losses to Switzer did)

My main beef is by leaving the conference you hurt US and that cannot stand in my book :)

Veritas
12/2/2010, 01:34 PM
I still feel that way about the Big 10.

I was against the move up until the A&M game. That was an eye-opener. After seeing what a joke Dan Beebe and the Big XII PHB's are, I'm glad to be leaving, and I wish OU was going elsewhere to as you all are more than those clowns in KC deserve.

soonerbub, the Husker hating * has nothing to do with wins/losses. The only game we feel like we got screwed was last year's CCG. Other games, they either outplayed us or just got lucky. We just think they're arrogant loudmouth bullies who haven't an ounce of respect for anything but the bull**** that emanates forth from Austin. They're *******s.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 01:37 PM
Rather the question should be: Why did the sooners run from Us Nebs as you call us?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101201/SPORTS/712019820

Sorry sooner fans I mean to show respect on your' board but, this particular poster is a bit uninformed. Things just happen sometime! Many Sooner and Husker fans will miss all of the great games that have been played between the two! So: I'ts not all about football ! No, it's not all about Texas either! Are the Sooners cued up for the Big Ten??? Don't talk to soon! *Smile*!

Ahh... that legendary 'sker arrogance rears its ugly head. I'm not uninformed at all, chump.

I've lived and breathed this rivalry my whole life, from the classic games of the 70's, to watching in person the Sooners stomp you on a couple of occasions in Norman, to having the privilege of being there live in Lincoln for the 7-69 beatdown of OU, to all the great games in-between. I too will miss the rivalry.

But, you've clearly listened to the media for too long espouse "the nation's most knowledgable fans." Get over yourself.

Make no mistake, and I have posted this before, it was an absolutely yellow, chicken-scratch move by Duncan, then Owens particularly, that the series was not made annual or renewed to an annual basis. Lot's of us were po'd at the time. The SEC, for instance, already had the 5-2-2 arrangement in place. That's why Alabama and Tennessee still play each other every year, though in opposite divisions. And there was talk even then of scheduling NU as a game outside of the rotation on off years.

Regardless, the powers that be, after some serious crushings by NU, decided they needed to get their feet (especially in recruiting) under them and not suffer any more of those 73-21 scores in the meantime. Admittedly, OU did not "man up".

Yes, things happen. The environment radically shifted this last Spring and Summer. But step back for two seconds to take an objective look at the current mental state of your fan base. It's almost a universal, "Screw you BigXII, we're leaving you for greener grass."

And again my question is, in what sense? The money? Is it just all about the money? Or do you feel there is better competitive balance for NU... with the caveat that most NU fans have always knocked the strength of the Big10.

And one final note, I am just "uninformed" enough to know it's not all about football, that there are collaborative academic considerations. But that's overrated. The Big10 is an athletic conference, not academic. Or the University of Chicago would still be a member. Keep that in mind.

royalfan5
12/2/2010, 01:46 PM
It should be noted that NU has wanted to be part of the Big 10 for a long time. NU was edged out by Michigan State in the 1950's, and I think their was interest when Penn State joined as well. I think a good chunk of NU fans mocking of the Big 10 ever the years has been akin to a little boy pushing a little girl down at recess because he likes her. There huge NU alumni bases in Chicago and the Twin Cities, and a large chunk of research is already done in collaboration with Big X schools especially in the Land Grant areas. If 12 team leagues would have been in vogue 50 years ago, this maybe have long since been done.

soonerbub
12/2/2010, 01:48 PM
Veritas: Of course that is :texan: to a T. Now I've never been to Ohio or Michigan but it certainly seems that you might encounter those same problems especially as the new kid on the block.

I even get the animosity toward us as we were in favor of the Big XII (big reason being we played :texan: every year anyway). The whole mess is sad but life goes on--I just wish you had stood up to them more (also knowing we took the money side what with all the 11-1 votes) instead of leaving

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 01:55 PM
We just think they're arrogant loudmouth bullies who haven't an ounce of respect for anything but the bull**** that emanates forth from Austin. They're *******s.

Well, took y'all long enough to get there. For the life of me you sure had us confused when you gave that standing o to Ricky Williams.

I guess the Sooner view has always just been that the only thing you can do about it is beat the ******s at their own game.

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 01:56 PM
Nice post JPNSKER. My real ? is why does NU always feel "screwed" by texass? Like I've said before we knew :texan: and all the bull**** that comes with them. That's why it's always so fun when we beat them. If NU had performed better against texass on the field starting with the first title game I don't think NU would have left. That stuck with Osborne as it knocked him out of a potential 3-peat (just as all the losses to Switzer did)

My main beef is by leaving the conference you hurt US and that cannot stand in my book :)

I hear ya, bro. Like veritas said, I don't think we were screwed by texas in the games. We've had a lot of good games with them. If we don't drop two of the four passes for TD's this year, we win. Our offense lost that game and it is what it is. Our most sure-handed guys simply dropped balls for some reason. texas owns us, just like KSU owns texas.:D

I honestly don't think the losses are the reason we left. I think it's the power control issue with texas. Just because you win games, doesn't put you in the drivers seat of a conference. The people in power for the conference (i.e. beeber) is so obviously shoved up ut's backside, it's sickening and I think that's why we're gone. (waiting for soonermom to come in with a "but tOSU is the same way" bit)...;)

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 01:59 PM
It should be noted that NU has wanted to be part of the Big 10 for a long time. NU was edged out by Michigan State in the 1950's, and I think their was interest when Penn State joined as well. I think a good chunk of NU fans mocking of the Big 10 ever the years has been akin to a little boy pushing a little girl down at recess because he likes her. There huge NU alumni bases in Chicago and the Twin Cities, and a large chunk of research is already done in collaboration with Big X schools especially in the Land Grant areas. If 12 team leagues would have been in vogue 50 years ago, this maybe have long since been done.

Very fair point. (If you ever are in the TC on a weekend when the Huskers are playing stop by Senser's Bar and Grill in Bloominton on 494. It's NU HQ replete with a band playing the fight songs occasionally. Probably as close to a Big Red gameday atmosphere as you can get outside of Memorial Stadium.)

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 02:42 PM

Nice. :pop:

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 03:04 PM
I guess I don't understand what the animosity is from some fans here,

We feel jilted you cheating b*stards! I know things haven't been the same and we don't sleep with each other as much as we used to. But that was because we were afraid to get too close because we might get hurt. Well you did it anyway! Instead of working to make our house a better "us" you had to run off to the first one to throw open their legs!

Well it hurts! It hurts! You happy?!? We HATE you!

(no, wait, please don't walk out the door, please don't leave... we'll always love you...)

:D

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 03:09 PM
Sooooooooo, your saying we're the man in this situation? :D

soonerboy_odanorth
12/2/2010, 03:13 PM
Sooooooooo, your saying we're the man in this situation? :D

Sure. Just remember who really rules the roost in the modern American family. :P

Shakadoodoo
12/2/2010, 03:25 PM

Nice. :pop:

We are all swinging from a bigger markets nuts! Nebraska just chose some different nuts to swing from. I hope those northern nuts swing the right way for you! But you all should stop talking noise to us. We are just waiting for the ball to bounce. We did not ask for the NU vs. OU game to stop. Someone else dictated that. All we as fans can do is wait to see what happens. And you all left. with no discussion with us. We OU fans loved our rivalry - we did not stop it - so don't blame us. We were never the cause. And if you think TX is so bad - wait until you see what Detroit, Minneapolis/St Paul, Penn, ect... is all about. When you were dealing with OK, MO, KS, IO, NE, and CO we could have worked together and figured something out. But you and Colorado jumped ship at the first incentive. You basically said F us and F the Big 8! So goto the Texas message boards and talk noise. Because of that, we here in OK just look at you as traders who were looking for a way out. Your market is the smallest in the big 10 - and somehow you think you will have power - yea right!

Mongo
12/2/2010, 03:54 PM
Regarding recruiting, all you need to do is look up our current class (Turner, Green - TX, Williams - OH, Starling - KC) just to name a few. Pretty sure they all know we're going to the Big Ten. NU has always recruited nationally (NJ, texas, california, Florida, etc.) and that won't change, much to the chagrin of some here and UT.

you, as a collective fanbase, are high off your anuses if you think this won't hurt your warm weather recruiting. Nebraska is a cold enough hell hole already, and you just added a few cold *** road trips to comparibly desolate ****holes.

Talent has, and will continue to, choose south/warm schools

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 04:43 PM
I do think this will be a net negative for NU recruiting. Yes, they'll be able to recruit in a couple of decent new markets but Texas is largely dead to them. Very few Texas kids will want to go to Nebraska where their games are rarely seen in this area. And it's going to take some time for them to ramp up and get inroads into OH and PA.

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 05:15 PM
Not sure how to explain it to you guys, so here ya go....

Many have said this wasn't possible at Nebraska due to the recruiting woes that come with Nebraska's location in the 'middle of nowhere' without any solid recruiting bases within 250 miles of the Lincoln campus.

Now for reality.

Of the 9 commits the Huskers have landed, six of the nine prospects that have committed to Nebraska are outside of this proverbial inescapable 250 mile boundary that the Huskers aren't supposed to be able to compete with against the 'big boys' in college football.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/400523-2011-husker-recruiting-class-off-to-a-solid-start

Edit: Here's the latest class

http://nebraska.rivals.com/

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 05:18 PM
Hasn't Nebraska always recruited nationally? There's no way they could field a competitive team in this era when they can't do their walkon program thing like they used to do without recruiting outside their region. I still think it's going to take time for NU to redirect and get inroads into their new great lakes region.

JPNSKER
12/2/2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by JPNSKER

Yes....

huskerland
12/2/2010, 05:45 PM
Ahh... that legendary 'sker arrogance rears its ugly head. I'm not uninformed at all, chump.

I've lived and breathed this rivalry my whole life, from the classic games of the 70's, to watching in person the Sooners stomp you on a couple of occasions in Norman, to having the privilege of being there live in Lincoln for the 7-69 beatdown of OU, to all the great games in-between. I too will miss the rivalry.

But, you've clearly listened to the media for too long espouse "the nation's most knowledgable fans." Get over yourself.

Make no mistake, and I have posted this before, it was an absolutely yellow, chicken-scratch move by Duncan, then Owens particularly, that the series was not made annual or renewed to an annual basis. Lot's of us were po'd at the time. The SEC, for instance, already had the 5-2-2 arrangement in place. That's why Alabama and Tennessee still play each other every year, though in opposite divisions. And there was talk even then of scheduling NU as a game outside of the rotation on off years.

Regardless, the powers that be, after some serious crushings by NU, decided they needed to get their feet (especially in recruiting) under them and not suffer any more of those 73-21 scores in the meantime. Admittedly, OU did not "man up".

Yes, things happen. The environment radically shifted this last Spring and Summer. But step back for two seconds to take an objective look at the current mental state of your fan base. It's almost a universal, "Screw you BigXII, we're leaving you for greener grass."

And again my question is, in what sense? The money? Is it just all about the money? Or do you feel there is better competitive balance for NU... with the caveat that most NU fans have always knocked the strength of the Big10.

And one final note, I am just "uninformed" enough to know it's not all about football, that there are collaborative academic considerations. But that's overrated. The Big10 is an athletic conference, not academic. Or the University of Chicago would still be a member. Keep that in mind.

You suggest that I'm an arrogant husker Fan, How many times can you type "I" , in one post? Can you stay on topic? Another opinion for you to brush up on:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/12/02/4cf7ffa67f466

OU_Sooners75
12/2/2010, 05:48 PM

Yeah, because let me tell you...there is a crap load of Ohio and PA talent! :rolleyes:

Nebraska just let go of an advantage they had being in the Big 12.

OU_Sooners75
12/2/2010, 05:50 PM

What were you tools saying when the rumor was about Missouri? And do not try to pass any bull**** either...I was living in Omaha when that rumor was going on and 99% of the bugeater fans were talking smack about Missouri fans being quitters and chicken of a real conference...and then what happens?

LMFAO it was the bugeaters that went and not Missouri.

As far as you thinking OU was hanging from Texas' nuts...just because OU was not the vocal group, does not mean they were sucking teet of Texas.

However, I am glad OU stuck with texas, though I cannot stand that damn athletic program....we have a lot more to gain being in a conference with them than being with Nebraska!