PDA

View Full Version : I used to like Nebraska

OU Adonis
12/1/2010, 07:21 PM
...Now I can't stand them. They are up there on the list of programs I want to see lose.

That make me a bad fan? I know they were once a respected rival.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 07:33 PM
I've never liked Nebraska. Then again, I grew up in the 90s.

limey_sooner
12/1/2010, 07:36 PM
I grew up in Omaha and always found the phrase "classy nebraska fan" laughable along with the image of Osborne as some sort of saint. Then again having grown up there in the Switzer years it was always good fun to watch Barry and the boys consistently beat up on Nebraska.

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 07:39 PM
I used to like Bugeaters until they decided to up and leave the conference. I always looked forward to the annual showdowns in the 70's and 80's.

Now I will not miss them one bit.

olevetonahill
12/1/2010, 07:44 PM
Kinda like My ex wives, I enjoyed ****in em while I had em, But they left so Goodbye bitch ;)

SoonerLB
12/1/2010, 07:45 PM
I never really had anything against Nebraska, in fact I always enjoyed watching their games. They did become the bitter enemy when playing the Sooners though. :)
But since their traitorous, turncoat, low-down decision to abandon the Big 12 for the lowly little 10, I have no good feelings whatsoever for the bastages! May they wallow in mediocrity! They should have a yellow stripe down the middle of the backs of their uniforms for years to come! ;)

oudivesherpa
12/1/2010, 07:50 PM
Kinda like My ex wives, I enjoyed ****in em while I had em, But they left so Goodbye bitch ;)

Olevet, having several ex's myself, that is the most profound post I've seen on this board. LOL! Even the alimony dosen't seem so bad now.:D

oudivesherpa
12/1/2010, 07:52 PM
I never really had anything against Nebraska, in fact I always enjoyed watching their games. They did become the bitter enemy when playing the Sooners though. :)
But since their traitorous, turncoat, low-down decision to abandon the Big 12 for the lowly little 10, I have no good feelings whatsoever for the bastages! May they wallow in mediocrity! They should have a yellow stripe down the middle of the backs of their uniforms for years to come! ;)

No, I hope they win many Big X titles, just to show how weak the Big X conference is!

olevetonahill
12/1/2010, 07:54 PM
Olevet, having several ex's myself, that is the most profound post I've seen on this board. LOL! Even the alimony dosen't seem so bad now.:D

I somehow managed to avoid the alimony carp. Maybe cause they were just so ****in happy to get away from me .:eek:

yankee
12/1/2010, 07:59 PM

well now i see why they left you...

olevetonahill
12/1/2010, 08:13 PM
well now i see why they left you...

:D

FLSooner
12/1/2010, 08:24 PM
I have always hated Nebraska since the 70's (46 yoa), more so than even Texas. I grew up during the Switzer led Sooners and used to love watching the media darling Osborne get whipped by Switzer on a regular basis! Sooner Magic was strong then as our coaching always matched our talent. The media hates to bring it up when talking of the great rivalry between the schools but Switzer owned Osborne during the rivalry's peak in the 70's and 80's. 12-5 against Nebraska which included a Bowl victory (Bowl victory was Sweet revenge for the rare loss during the regular season). I believe Switzer won 12 Conference titles and 3 National Championships while Osborne was on the Nebraska sideline and Osborne won less than 1/2 the conference championships and ZERO National Championships while Switzer was at OU. Osborne and Nebraska are lucky Switzer left OU or they may have never enjoyed the success they did after his departure. I think Nebraska knew they would never be the big dog in the BIG 12 (Switzer flashbacks) and chose to take the easy way out.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:57 PM
If you needed any more evidence as to why you shouldn't like anything about Nebraska, read the posts by the moron known as Husker in Oklahoma.

PDXsooner
12/2/2010, 12:00 AM
Here's where it went wrong for me: Once Callahan took off the kid gloves and went mid-evil on us, Nebraska fans had a choice - condemn or condone what he said. At that time, still believing he was the one to lead them back, they condoned it and supported him.

After they realized he was the no-talent-***-clown we all saw him to be, they tried to backtrack and reconcile. Too late. You showed your true colors when faced with adversity. Respect over.

I say the same about this ridiculous OU-Bama lovefest. It won't take much for that to change.

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2010, 12:04 AM
I lost all respect for Osborn and the huskers when in the 90's he left his starters in LATE into the 4th quarter on the 50+ point massacre in Lincoln...saint my a$$.......

and yes...I cringe when Stoops leaves our starters in with 35+ leads in the 4th...(course THIS yr maybe not so much! LOL)

slh1234
12/2/2010, 12:31 AM
...Now I can't stand them. They are up there on the list of programs I want to see lose.

My guess is the difference between "respected rival" and "hated rival" is how we have fared against them recently - or at least how an individual perceives that.

Nebraska fans will be Nebraska fans. OU fans will be OU fans. Smack talk is part of the fun of the game, and becomes a problem when someone starts taking it seriously, and the sides will always disagree about who started that.

Let them be Nebraska. I just hope we kick their butts this weekend. After that, I don't care.

ouwasp
12/2/2010, 12:45 AM
For me, Nebraska was always the "respected rival" in the 70s-80s.

In the Dark 90s, yeah, wanted to beat them, but the truth was OU was not very good. In fact, I got some sort of... I don't know, "Vicarious" football satisfaction through the huskers when they were playing others. Option football, kick-*** D. Good stuff.

Callahan really soured me, of course.

I've gotten to where I'm okay with NU again. <shrug> They did what they felt they had to do Big 10-wise. I guess good luck to them.

oudivesherpa
12/2/2010, 06:11 PM
I somehow managed to avoid the alimony carp. Maybe cause they were just so ****in happy to get away from me .:eek:

Olevet, Alimony is defined as the **** you got for the **** you got. In my case it was the **** I got for the **** I didn't get.:D

meoveryouxinfinity
12/2/2010, 06:20 PM
Dislike them this year, next year, meh... do whatever..

agoo758
12/2/2010, 06:23 PM
Nebraska haters on conferences: I don't root for anyone in the Big 12 except for Oklahoma, why care so much about OUR CONFERENCE?

Nebraska haters on Nebraska leaving the conferences: How could Nebraska do this to OUR CONFERENCE! I wish they would not do that because I really care about OUR CONFERENCE!

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 08:16 PM
If you needed any more evidence as to why you shouldn't like anything about Nebraska, read the posts by the moron known as Husker in Oklahoma.You mean about the probations?????? I should have known you "grew up" in the nineties. :O

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 08:19 PM
Callahan really soured me, of course.

He soured me to, he should have never been hired, or even considered. Had NU hired Bo in 2004 instead of Clownahanberger, NU would have NEVER been down like it was!!

silverwheels
12/2/2010, 10:04 PM
You mean about the probations?????? I should have known you "grew up" in the nineties. :O

No, I mean all of your posts, mongoloid.

GottaHavePride
12/2/2010, 10:21 PM
He soured me to, he should have never been hired, or even considered. Had NU not fired Frank Solich in the first place, NU would have NEVER been down like it was!!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 11:22 PM
No, I mean all of your posts, mongoloid.

Silly, uneducated kid. Maybe you should do some history reading, might just serve you well. I've said nothing that isnt 110% truth!!!

silverwheels
12/2/2010, 11:25 PM
Silly, uneducated kid. Maybe you should do some history reading, might just serve you well. I've said nothing that isnt 110% truth!!!

I don't need to do anything. You're a jackass whether what you say is true or not. Now **** off.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 11:28 PM
Fixed that for you. ;)

I cannot disagree with you. Solich, however a good coach, just could not recruit as needed, leaving many holes. Would have been nice to see what could have happened had he not been fired, hiring all the new assistants and all.

thesnowbishop
12/2/2010, 11:32 PM
Even when KJ103 was playing the song, "I Hate Steve Taylor; He's stupid and he's ugly..." (to the tune of Faith by George Michaels) I still liked Nebraska. Hope they lose, but I still like Nebraska.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/2/2010, 11:34 PM
I don't need to do anything. You're a jackass whether what you say is true or not. Now **** off.

Nice!! You represent well!! :rolleyes:

silverwheels
12/2/2010, 11:36 PM
Nice!! You represent well!! :rolleyes:

You're the one coming onto an OU board and acting like a tool. Pot...kettle...etc.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/3/2010, 12:05 AM
You're the one coming onto an OU board and acting like a tool. Pot...kettle...etc.

How is the truth acting like a tool? Come back when you have something worthy of saying. Funny, wow. Silly, uneducated, stupid little kid!!!

thesnowbishop
12/3/2010, 12:14 AM
Even when KJ103 was playing the song, "I Hate Steve Taylor; He's stupid and he's ugly..." (to the tune of Faith by George Michaels) I still liked Nebraska. Hope they lose, but I still like Nebraska.

Somebody help me out here, was this courtesy of Shannon and the Eggman or Spinozy? Mid to late 80's spoof song.

Harry Beanbag
12/3/2010, 12:46 AM
Here's where it went wrong for me: Once Callahan took off the kid gloves and went mid-evil on us, Nebraska fans had a choice - condemn or condone what he said. At that time, still believing he was the one to lead them back, they condoned it and supported him.

After they realized he was the no-talent-***-clown we all saw him to be, they tried to backtrack and reconcile. Too late. You showed your true colors when faced with adversity. Respect over.

This. Callahan showed a total lack of knowledge and respect for the rivalry, OU, and college football in general. The Best Fans in the World backed him until it was too late. **** them.

silverwheels
12/3/2010, 12:47 AM
How is the truth acting like a tool? Come back when you have something worthy of saying. Funny, wow. Silly, uneducated, stupid little kid!!!

Speak for yourself, dumbass.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3063141&postcount=34

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3063143&postcount=36

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3062300&postcount=5

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3061286&postcount=54

Tool.

BigRedTradition
12/3/2010, 01:44 AM
This. Callahan showed a total lack of knowledge and respect for the rivalry, OU, and college football in general. The Best Fans in the World backed him until it was too late. **** them.

I always hated Callahan, hated the firing of Frank, etc. Always. From the beginning. And I'm not alone. Most real Nebraska fans I know felt the same way. However, most of these fans weren't posting on discussion boards. Sadly, those ignorant 'real' fans, mostly young, ignorant kids, blindly supported Billy and Pedey in the name of 'winning'.

Those of [message board] fans who actually believed in our motto: ...'not the victory, but the action. Not the goal, but the game. In the deed, the glory..' were

BigRedTradition
12/3/2010, 01:49 AM
I always hated Callahan, hated the firing of Frank, etc. Always. From the beginning. And I'm not alone. Most real Nebraska fans I know felt the same way. However, most of these fans weren't posting on discussion boards. Sadly, those ignorant 'real' fans, mostly young, ignorant kids, blindly supported Billy and Pedey in the name of 'winning'.

Those of [message board] fans who actually believed in our motto: ...'not the victory, but the action. Not the goal, but the game. In the deed, the glory..' were

...continued...

landblasted, accused of being non supportive, etc. It was a nightmare.

but I submit it was mostly a discussion board mentality. As I said before, everyday long term fans knew the bs.

Hopefully, this gives you a bit of insight and understanding. :)

cheers to a great game Saturday night! May the best team win! :)

respectfully,

BRT

cleller
12/3/2010, 08:48 AM
Its rough when a legend (Switzer, Osbourne) leaves. Trying to go on like nothing has happened doesn't seem to work. Happened to us, too. Having good guys behind the scenes, making good decisions is key.

We got screwed around until Boren and Joe C righted the ship. Neb got off kilter with the Callahan thing.
Osbourne nearly fixed it with Bo, but the whole temper/personality clash turned out worse than anyone may have foreseen, I think.

Bo has clearly been out of line, but I also feel Martinez stoked the fire by sulking around instead of trying to be a team guy.

Sooner in Tampa
12/3/2010, 08:50 AM
I have hated the ****ing bugeaters for YEARS...I am 43 and remember wanting to punch Saint ****ing Tom right in the face for years...but then Switzer would take a team and whip the bugeaters asses...so I would feel better.

Bugeater fans have been pricks for YEARS!!!! They just did it under cover, now...not so much.

I want to beat their asses and send them to the Big 10 with welts on their asses!!!

pweitkem
12/3/2010, 09:40 AM
Requirements to be a Husker fan:
1. Whine, cry and bitch about the refs. A&M this year and UT last year aren't the first example... there were 'the final blow' posters made after they got beat by FSU in the '94 Orange Bowl and posters of the endzone with an extra notch out of it after they lost to Penn State.... you had to listen to bitching about refs after every game (I lived in Omaha for 13 years)
2. Over inflate your importance on a national scale. come on guys, you were good in the mid 90s but have been completely irrelavent since.
3. Honestly believe the horrible decisions your administration make are for the better of the team and exactly what Nebraska needed all along - see firing Solich, going to pro style with Callahan, heading to Big X
4. Think that you know more about football then anyone else... this is the one that gets me the most, they think that since there are only 1M people in the state and everyone is focused on Nebraksa football and only Nebraska football that they are somehow a superior fan base. A bit looney? I'll give 'em that.

OU needs to paste these guys.

Huskerballz
12/3/2010, 09:43 AM

.....Shucks...hopefully the Nebraska program can continue on without your affection.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/3/2010, 09:59 AM
Osbourne nearly fixed it with Bo, but the whole temper/personality clash turned out worse than anyone may have foreseen, I think.

Was your coach not crazzzzzzzy in his early years? Bo will settle in. He is only 42 and in his 3rd year. Mike Stoops is still just as crazy as Bo, but Bob was right up there in his earlier years. You gotta love the fire though.

Harry Beanbag
12/3/2010, 10:03 AM
I don't remember Bob or Mike pissing their pants on the sideline.

olevetonahill
12/3/2010, 10:15 AM
I don't remember Bob or Mike pissing their pants on the sideline.

:D :D :D :D :D :D Spek

cleller
12/3/2010, 10:47 AM
Was your coach not crazzzzzzzy in his early years? Bo will settle in. He is only 42 and in his 3rd year. Mike Stoops is still just as crazy as Bo, but Bob was right up there in his earlier years. You gotta love the fire though.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/11/22/nebraska-coach-bo-pelini-expresses-regret-apologizes-for-sideli/

"Nebraska chancellor to address Bo Pelini's outbursts at Taylor Martinez, refs "

"Osborne doesn't want Bo ‘recurrence' "

I was trying to stay to the middle of the road, and still address the issue.

Stoops has never had front page headlines about his antics, and had to apologize to the fanbase and university. He's certainly never been told (twice) publicly by chancellors, and the AD to cool it or go.

Bob, Mike, Brent they've all had their blowups, too. Just hasn't risen to the level of possibly affecting the team's mojo.

ouwasp
12/3/2010, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=pweitkem;3065736]Requirements to be a Husker fan:
1. Whine, cry and bitch about the refs. A&M this year and UT last year aren't the first example... there were 'the final blow' posters made after they got beat by FSU in the '94 Orange Bowl and posters of the endzone with an extra notch out of it after they lost to Penn State.... you had to listen to bitching about refs after every game (I lived in Omaha for 13 years)

Hey, they did get ripped at Penn St, terribly. And I know I've grumbled about '84 Texas for, oh, 26 yrs or so. For the next several decades Sooner fans will always b!tch about the way we were jobbed at Oregon and TTech.

Look, I hope the Sooners thrash Nebraska. But their fans are a lot like many of us, imo. Just my take...

Calla
12/3/2010, 11:16 AM
I still like Nebraska. But then again, I'm a Nebraska fan.

Just wanted to stop by and just say that I'm very, very happy that our two teams will be playing for the Big 12 Championship. That - and it was a very kind letter your University President published in the paper - http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101202_92_0_Nebras2716

I was born 1970 and so I literally grew up during the heat of the rivalry. Every season, the talk was about Oklahoma. What players returned, who was starting, who was healthy, who did you recruit. I sat with my dad and listened to the games on the radio to get an idea of how well you all were doing. More than once I heard my dad say, "those Oklahoma bstrds" - but it wasn't said in hate or disgust - you were bstrds because you played tough and you played clean.

I get it that people may be ticked that we are leaving the Big 12. It feels a bit weird. What feels the most weird is leaving you all. I've read in this thread people comparing it to a divorce, an ex-wife. I see it more as siblings moving away from one another. Sure, we fought each other ad we've had our spats - but we've always been united in showing the rest of the country that you can field one hell of a team even if you aren't near a coast. The Midwest can play ball!

Anyway - Yes, I hope we kick your butts on Saturday. But if we don't...I'll still be raising a glass in your honor.

PLaw
12/3/2010, 11:28 AM
I grew up in Omaha and always found the phrase "classy nebraska fan" laughable along with the image of Osborne as some sort of saint. Then again having grown up there in the Switzer years it was always good fun to watch Barry and the boys consistently beat up on Nebraska.

^^^^^^^^
Always felt they got special love from the media when it was so obvious they were steriod fed and paid to play yet never thoroughly investigated by the NCAA.

But then again, when you don't have a major media center within 750 miles of your campus, who cares? OU has always had the DMN looking over our shoulder.

BOOMER

ouwasp
12/3/2010, 02:54 PM

Husker In Oklahoma
12/3/2010, 03:57 PM
^^^^^^^^
Always felt they got special love from the media when it was so obvious they were steriod fed and paid to play yet never thoroughly investigated by the NCAA.

But then again, when you don't have a major media center within 750 miles of your campus, who cares? OU has always had the DMN looking over our shoulder.

BOOMER

Kansas City is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Lincoln and how many probations was it again OU has had? Nice!!! :O

silverwheels
12/3/2010, 04:18 PM
Kansas City is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Lincoln and how many probations was it again OU has had? Nice!!! :O

You sound like an Oklahoma State fan. And that's obviously not a compliment.

pweitkem
12/3/2010, 05:19 PM

Kansas City is a major media center? For the love of Pete, you've got to be kidding me.

bonkuba
12/3/2010, 05:37 PM
I tend to simplify everything.....if the helmet doesn't have OU on it.....I could give a **** who they are. I cheer for OU...anyone else? eh.......heck with em.

olevetonahill
12/3/2010, 06:32 PM
I tend to simplify everything.....if the helmet doesn't have OU on it.....I could give a **** who they are. I cheer for OU...anyone else? eh.......heck with em.

MY Sentimentals perzacery ;)

GottaHavePride
12/3/2010, 08:56 PM
OK, everyone, wave buh-bye to Husker in Oklahoma.

PLaw
12/3/2010, 09:07 PM

Like I said, dumb a$$ a major media market with a newspaper funded by a bitter rival. I don't believe they consider KC a major market and does anyone in Kansas or Missouri really care about football?

Nebbish should have had several probations in particular for the pay for play envelopes that the NCAA just dropped the investigation.

And, BTW, they tell me that Remington testes were the same size as Alzado's. We all saw what happened to him when he got off the juice.

Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BOOMER

silverwheels
12/3/2010, 09:09 PM
OK, everyone, wave buh-bye to Husker in Oklahoma.

Thank you.

Cornfed
12/3/2010, 11:52 PM
I loved watching the Nebish vs OU games groing up in the 70s and 80s. One thing that I loved, I mentioned earlier in another thread, was while I was in the Marine Corps watching the OU NU games. The friends I had that were Nebraska fans were allways so sure that OU never had a chance and they allways viewed us as cheaters etc., this made the victories over them so much sweeter. The 87 one in particular I remember the best, we were in Japan (Okinawa) and AFN piped that in to us.
The big 12 ruined the rivalry, I do agree with the Husker fans on this one. Texas has to have OU to remain relevant and how the OU/NU rivilry got swept aside is puzzling to me.

MamaMia
12/4/2010, 12:26 AM
My Husker brother in law went to NU on a golfing scholarship. He use to razz the heck out of us when they beat us.

I cant rememberer the year but in the first two minutes of the game they scored 2 touchdowns. He called and was the rudest he had ever been. We came back and won that game. When we called them after the game was over, he literally got really mad and started with the name calling. We had never been anything but good sports when they beat us. He was anything but when the tables turned.

47straight
12/4/2010, 01:25 PM
I used to like Nebraska, but then I didn't. Then Pelini became the coach, Nebbish quit waiting to see if they'd also get invited to the PAC-10 and made their own path, and in the meantime pissed off all Texas fans.

So yeah, I like them again. A lot.

Coloradosker
12/4/2010, 03:27 PM
I'm going to miss this rivalry and I will always have respect for the Sooners and especially Stoops for doing things the right way. I learned the best cuss words ever growing up in the 80's and being in the same room with my Dad while watching NU/OU. I still have a container of sand from the goal posts that were torn down in Lincoln in 91. I was in the student section for the 01 game. There was one lone Sooner fan right in the middle wearing a full wizard's costume, complete with the hat and wand (not kidding). Every time something went well for OU he would turn around and scream "SOONER MAGIC!". I thought for sure he'd get his *** kicked, but he was treated well and it was all in good fun anyway. Wish I had those kinds of memories from Boulder, Columbia, or even Lawrence (WTF?). Good luck to you guys from here on out(After tonight, of course). I fully expect to see you in the Pac 12 or SEC very soon.

Sooner_Tuf
12/4/2010, 04:53 PM
I don't get all this the Big XII can't survive without Nebraska stuff. Nebraska hasn't added anything for a decade but comedy.

The reason OU and Texas are committed to the Big XII is it is better for them to remain in the Big XII. The PAC 10 couldn't pay us what we make now.

Nebraska left out of false pride. They didn't leave because of the Championship Game moving to Texas, they voted for it to do so. They didn't leave for the money as they are going to get less in the Big 10. They left because they are being big babies. They gave up their history and tradition for a temper tantrum.

You've talked enough smack about the Big XII you are not welcome here anymore. You won't fit in there because most of those teams have a 100 year history of playing each other. You'll always be the FNG and coaches like Paterno will rip your staff for its classless behavior. The Huskers will be the low lifes of the Big 10. True or not that will be the perception because it is now.

It is strange to me because the Huskers act like they have been there. They are officially OSUN(orth).

Coloradosker
12/4/2010, 05:34 PM
I don't get all this the Big XII can't survive without Nebraska stuff. Nebraska hasn't added anything for a decade but comedy.

The reason OU and Texas are committed to the Big XII is it is better for them to remain in the Big XII. The PAC 10 couldn't pay us what we make now.

Nebraska left out of false pride. They didn't leave because of the Championship Game moving to Texas, they voted for it to do so. They didn't leave for the money as they are going to get less in the Big 10. They left because they are being big babies. They gave up their history and tradition for a temper tantrum.

You've talked enough smack about the Big XII you are not welcome here anymore. You won't fit in there because most of those teams have a 100 year history of playing each other. You'll always be the FNG and coaches like Paterno will rip your staff for its classless behavior. The Huskers will be the low lifes of the Big 10. True or not that will be the perception because it is now.

It is strange to me because the Huskers act like they have been there. They are officially OSUN(orth).
Might want to check your facts on that one. Here's going to be the problem with the new Big 12 (10). Without a championship game, you will be viewed as less than, and if the schedule plays out the way it should, your seasons will finish before the conferences that have CCGs. Most likely, OU and UT will run roughshod over the rest of the conference, but be left out of a NCG if there are 3 or more unbeaten teams. That's less money and prestige for the conference. Here's what I and many other NU fans think concerning OU and the Big XII. We are disappointed in OU. You can't honestly say that the conference doesn't have a Texas leaning. When all this went down this summer, OU was absolutely, 100%, silent. OU has the athletic success in almost every sport to go out on their own and find a new conference. aTm does as well and actually flirted with the SEC for awhile. I don't understand why OU didn't do the same. I give the Big XII 5 years before it is completely dissolved. Where will OU be when that happens? Riding Texas' coattails into a new conference? Or will they sack up and do what's best for the university? Is the rivalry with UT that important? What happens if UT decides to go independent? I guess I personally am disgusted with the threat of penalties and fees that the conference is charging the rest of the conference for playing in the same league with Texas. I think OU is better than that. That's all.

texas bandman
12/4/2010, 05:41 PM
**** Nebraska. That's all I got to say about that. :D

Cornfed
12/4/2010, 06:03 PM
(10). Without a championship game, you will be viewed as less than, and if the schedule plays out the way it should, your seasons will finish before the conferences that have CCGs.

OU and OSU moved their game to first sat of dec next year.

MamaMia
12/4/2010, 06:23 PM
Might want to check your facts on that one. Here's going to be the problem with the new Big 12 (10). Without a championship game, you will be viewed as less than, and if the schedule plays out the way it should, your seasons will finish before the conferences that have CCGs. Most likely, OU and UT will run roughshod over the rest of the conference, but be left out of a NCG if there are 3 or more unbeaten teams. That's less money and prestige for the conference. Here's what I and many other NU fans think concerning OU and the Big XII. We are disappointed in OU. You can't honestly say that the conference doesn't have a Texas leaning. When all this went down this summer, OU was absolutely, 100%, silent. OU has the athletic success in almost every sport to go out on their own and find a new conference. aTm does as well and actually flirted with the SEC for awhile. I don't understand why OU didn't do the same. I give the Big XII 5 years before it is completely dissolved. Where will OU be when that happens? Riding Texas' coattails into a new conference? Or will they sack up and do what's best for the university? Is the rivalry with UT that important? What happens if UT decides to go independent? I guess I personally am disgusted with the threat of penalties and fees that the conference is charging the rest of the conference for playing in the same league with Texas. I think OU is better than that. That's all.

Yes

Joe
12/4/2010, 06:31 PM

That's not being truthful. When it comes to $$$, the Big 12 has taken it up the *** thanks to our inept commissioners (special thanks to FSN for being such a weak college football channel). Crappy bowl selections, crappy TV contracts. The only reason we were offered a better contract (that we haven't seen a dime of, and there are doubts as to seeing the full amount anyway), is anonymous people/businesses ponied up to make sure we didn't form a super conference with the PAC 10.

MichiganSooner
12/4/2010, 06:33 PM
Never liked Nebraska and I lived there almost 2 years. Best thing about living there and watching Nebraska football on TV was the time they played Michigan in a Phoenix area bowl about 1984. Nebraska led at half and Michigan came out in the second half and gave it to them. Jim Harbaugh was the quarterback, I think.