PDA

View Full Version : WAYNEPAYNE!!!! Top Chef All Stars starts tonight!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Mississippi Sooner
3/24/2011, 02:44 PM
This is the best cooking reality show on TV. To me it is the best because it is about the food and not so much the drama. They had one season, the second, that the show highlighted waaaaaay too much drama and the contestants were seemingly chosen based on their ability to add to said drama. There was a backlash from the fans of the first season, and since then, the show has revolved around the food that the chefs are creating and that makes it great.

Wasn't that the season that had an on-air assault, followed by an off-air assault?

soonerchk
3/24/2011, 02:45 PM
Wasn't that the season that had an on-air assault, followed by an off-air assault?

Indeed it was. It's also the season that Sam should have won.

waynepayne
3/24/2011, 03:17 PM
Indeed it was. It's also the season that Sam should have won.

psst.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/top-chef-star-tom-colicchio-and-wife-lori-silverbush-have-baby-boy-12099.php

waynepayne
3/24/2011, 03:19 PM
Isabella is on my last nerve. Go Blais!

I had to turn it off last night when it looked like Antonia was going he home.

He is just a small small man and I while I cant hate him (thanks a lot Bob) I sure do dislike him immensely.

ouleaf
3/24/2011, 05:01 PM
This is the best cooking reality show on TV. To me it is the best because it is about the food and not so much the drama.

The producers make it a point to select a few chef-testants with the eccentric personalities or super egos, and those such types b/c they know they will get under the other contestants skin to create at least some drama....but yes it is primarily about showcasing the talents of the competing chefs.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2011, 09:44 PM
I loved the blind taste test to select sous chefs.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2011, 10:02 PM
congrats richard. Well deserved.

reflector
3/30/2011, 10:02 PM
Richard deserved to win.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2011, 10:05 PM
glad spike is good for something.

brian
3/30/2011, 10:08 PM
right guy won. mike is now wasted on postgame.

reflector
3/30/2011, 10:20 PM
Carla wins Fan Favorite and $10,000. I like her.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/30/2011, 11:26 PM
Carla was a shoo-in for fav.

But I hope you Jaime haters can spit that bad taste out of your mouth.

3rdgensooner
3/31/2011, 09:40 AM
It was the amuse-bouche that sealed the win. Good season.

soonerchk
3/31/2011, 11:12 AM

That was wicked. So glad Marcel didn't get chosen, and so sad the Dales didn't either.

Carla was a shoo-in for fav.

But I hope you Jaime haters can spit that bad taste out of your mouth.

Love Carla, but I also love Fabio, Richard, Dale, Tre... It could easily have been anyone that wasn't Jamie, Marcel, or Mike.

Fraggle145
3/31/2011, 11:20 AM
Good season. The right guy won.

waynepayne
3/31/2011, 11:37 AM
It was the amuse-bouche that sealed the win. Good season.

+1

I am sad the season is over mainly because I will miss the joy that logging in the day after and seeing WAYNEPAYNE!!!! brings me. :P

thx chk. :)

soonerchk
3/31/2011, 12:38 PM
There's still Top Chef Masters. :D

ouleaf
4/1/2011, 10:41 AM

That was a nice twist

ouleaf
4/1/2011, 10:43 AM
glad spike is good for something.

Was kind of upset he was in the front of the house but still wearing his casual clothes and stupid hat. thought he could have at least made an effort to class it up a bit.

He did do a great job of relaying the judges comments back to Blais though.

mgsooner
4/1/2011, 10:43 AM
If I hear the phrase "in the weeds" one more time I am going to shoot somebody.

soonerchk
4/1/2011, 10:46 AM
Was kind of upset he was in the front of the house but still wearing his casual clothes and stupid hat. thought he could have at least made an effort to class it up a bit.

He did do a great job of relaying the judges comments back to Blais though.

Did you happen to see the show right after when they were talking about that with Mike and Blais? It was pretty hilarious to hear them talk about how subtle Spike isn't.

At least he didn't spill drinks everywhere like he did when he was spying for Antonia.

ouleaf
4/1/2011, 11:00 AM
Definitely one of the best seasons. Great to see a lot of the familiar faces. Blais was certainly worthy of Top Chef title before the season began, and he definitely earned it over the course of the show.

Thought both finalists did a great job and it looked like they turn out really amazing, well executed food. Congrats to Blais on winning.