PDA

View Full Version : How do you grade this OU season

stoopified
12/1/2010, 05:31 PM
At this point I would grade it at a B- because of losses to Missou and aTm,two teams I consider inferior to the Sooners.Should we go on to win a Bi12 title I wouldraise the grade to a B.Big 12 title and BCS win gets the grade up to B+,A- range.Two losses keeps an A or A+ off the table.

I refuse to consider a CGG loss cobined with a bowl loss.

CatfishSooner
12/1/2010, 05:32 PM
B+

Widescreen
A+ with two smiley face stickers

Okie35
Depends on how we finish the rest of the season we have 2 games left. Right now it would be a B-.

Half a Hundred
12/1/2010, 05:34 PM
B+ - Playing for a Big 12 Championship (a B score in my mind), and the team has shown distinct improvement at the end of the season. Getting over the away game hump factored heavily into this grade.

Boomer.....
12/1/2010, 05:36 PM
I feel like we should have won both of the games that we lost but are probably around where we should be. A-

ELP Sooner
12/1/2010, 05:40 PM
Solid A. I would be shocked if any of you after game 1 thought OU would be in this position. A young team that has become better as the season went on....great job coaches and players.

OUChampsBig12
12/1/2010, 05:42 PM
This team has played very well this season and I would grade them out at about 90% (A-). This team wins the Big 12 Championship and plays in a BCS Game that grade improves to about 92% (A). This teams wins the BCS Bowl again improvement, about 94% (A). This team lost to a 10-2 Missouri team and a 9-3 A&M team on the road. We have played 13 freshman and a slew of sophomores, come on people this season has been special.

NormanPride
12/1/2010, 05:43 PM
We have exactly accomplished my expectations for the season, and we have built a solid foundation for the future. B+. A win on Saturday and that goes to A, and a bowl win would put it at A+.

SoonerDood
12/1/2010, 06:04 PM
We have exactly accomplished my expectations for the season, and we have built a solid foundation for the future. B+. A win on Saturday and that goes to A, and a bowl win would put it at A+.

same

cyclonesooner
12/1/2010, 06:09 PM
I would also agree with your grade and assessment.

NormanPride
12/1/2010, 06:09 PM
same

That's because I tell you what to think, flyboy. ;)

rekamrettuB
12/1/2010, 06:11 PM
Win out...solid A.

Win Big XII, lose Fiesta...A-

Lose Big XII...A (Don't care about bowl game result)

Dwight
12/1/2010, 06:14 PM
F+…we didn't win the NC :D :D :D

A if we win the Fiesta Bowl
B++ if we win the BXIICG
C if we lose

SoonerLB
12/1/2010, 06:14 PM
B+
Win out and I agree on the solid A.

btb916
12/1/2010, 06:25 PM
INCOMPLETE.

Gonna wait until the glorious or bitter end to judge the team this year. No point in grading now.

usaosooner
12/1/2010, 06:29 PM
We are who I thought we where a two loss team playing for the Big XII Championship and a BCS berth.. All my expectations so far have been met.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2010, 06:31 PM
B+
I expected 10-2 and a shot at the CCG depending on UT (ha!). The only reason I don't give 'A' is I expected to be stronger at the end of the year. As in - no one wants to play us because we could beat them regardless of their ranking. I won't change the grade if we lose either of the last 2 unless we play very poorly. There are no easy games left most likely. But I would raise the grade if we indeed look like we could take anyone.

sooner59
12/1/2010, 06:38 PM
Win Big 12 CG and win Fiesta = A
Win Big 12 CG and lose Fiesta = B+
Lose Big 12 CG and win lesser bowl = B-
Lose Big 12 CG and lose lesser bowl = C

I think we have had a good season and with two losses to inferior opponents, this is the best I can view the possible outcomes.

yankee
12/1/2010, 06:38 PM
Solid A. I would be shocked if any of you after game 1 thought OU would be in this position. A young team that has become better as the season went on....great job coaches and players.

many thought this team was going to win it all...maybe not after week 1, but after the FSU game people were riding pretty high.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2010, 06:46 PM
many thought this team was going to win it all...maybe not after week 1, but after the FSU game people were riding pretty high.

Fans tend to do that. I suspect the majority are riding a bit higher than warranted after the last 2 games. Winning on the road should be celebrated, but moving the ball against NU is a much bigger challenge than against Baylor or OSU. But I see NU having even more trouble scoring on our D.

MyT Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 07:55 PM
This team is still a work in progress. Ask me after the Fiesta Bowl. :D

P.S. I do though pretty much agree with the original analysis at the beginning of this thread.

olevetonahill
12/1/2010, 07:56 PM
A ****in Plus
Hell Its OU FOOTBALL ;)

TXBOOMER
12/1/2010, 08:01 PM
I thought we would lose one game at the beginning of the year either to texass or aTm. Based on those expectations I'll give it a B. If we end up 12 -2 I would pop it up to an A.

stoopified
12/1/2010, 10:49 PM
A ****in Plus
Hell Its OU FOOTBALL ;)MMMMM - note to self: Olevet grades on a helluva curve.

olevetonahill
12/1/2010, 10:55 PM
MMMMM - note to self: Olevet grades on a helluva curve.

I do Likes my Sooner Football, Hate to lose but oh well its part of the game.;)

GKeeper316
12/1/2010, 11:13 PM
B+

no matter how the season ends i can't look past struggling with utah st. and cincy.

TahoeSOONER
12/1/2010, 11:25 PM
Win out and beat average or below Big East team and it could be no higher than B+.
Playing for CHAMPIONSHIPS is where were suppose to be but losing two on the road to teams because of turnovers keeps any thought of A's out of the question

Widescreen
12/1/2010, 11:41 PM
Win out and beat average or below Big East team and it could be no higher than B+.
Playing for CHAMPIONSHIPS is where were suppose to be but losing two on the road to teams because of turnovers keeps any thought of A's out of the question

That post gets a B-

sooner59
12/2/2010, 02:06 AM
B+

no matter how the season ends i can't look past struggling with utah st. and cincy.

Ughh....I should neg ya for that. I had blocked that from my memory. ;)

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2010, 02:06 AM

How do you figure this was a championship caliber team? Because of the "Sooners" on the jersey?

Okie35
12/2/2010, 02:08 AM

And beating *, winning a Big 12 championship, and winning the Fiesta Bowl w/ a young team isn't A worthy?

That's when I'll put the B- at an A. Especially if its not a Big East team in the Fiesta. It might be Stanford again this time w/ Andrew Luck.

pappy
12/2/2010, 02:42 AM
B currently

win the big 12 championship up it to a B+
win fiesta bowl against "uconn" still a B+ (its freakin' uconn who doesn't deserve to be there anyway)
lose the big 12 championship drop it to a c+
win bowl game that isn't the fiesta vs (a better quality team then uconn most likely) bask to a B
lose to uconn in the fiesta bowl c-
lose ccg and bowl f

if somehow we end up playing someone other than a team from the big east in the fiesta bowl after beating nebraska like say stanford and we beat them then skip A- and go straight to A.

EatLeadCommie
12/2/2010, 03:07 AM
B- so far. Inconsistent play and not enough improvement in certain areas where it was expected. The BXII is a joke this year. Win out and I say A- based on strong finish, and potential. Possibly B+ if we win in spite of ourselves. Let's face it, a BCS win over the Big East champ isn't going to be impressive.

Lose out and it's a 4 loss D+ season. Win the BXII but lose to the BE champ, and I think it's a B-/C+ depending on how bad the loss is. Lose the BXII and win a bowl game against a team likely better than the BE champ, and it might be a better grade. B- to B, I think.

sendbaht
12/2/2010, 07:53 AM
A after the win in the Big 12 game a A+

OUmillenium
12/2/2010, 08:57 AM
B- so far. Inconsistent play and not enough improvement in certain areas where it was expected. The BXII is a joke this year. Win out and I say A- based on strong finish, and potential. Possibly B+ if we win in spite of ourselves. Let's face it, a BCS win over the Big East champ isn't going to be impressive.

Lose out and it's a 4 loss D+ season. Win the BXII but lose to the BE champ, and I think it's a B-/C+ depending on how bad the loss is. Lose the BXII and win a bowl game against a team likely better than the BE champ, and it might be a better grade. B- to B, I think.

I agree with the nonsunshine pumper who analyzes objectively.

soonerloyal
12/2/2010, 09:29 AM
Let's face it, a BCS win over the Big East champ isn't going to be impressive.

A BCS win might not be impressive to some, but let's face it, it's pretty much imperative. :O

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/CanHazBCSWin.jpg

Shakadoodoo
12/2/2010, 09:57 AM
If we win the Big 12 Championship and the bowl game - B
Because we lost to sub par teams and struggled against teams we should not have. We are very inconsistent in many areas. We have a lot of room for improvement so an A is out of the question but with some work we should get straight A's next year.

mightysooner
12/2/2010, 01:26 PM
B-

You have to wonder what might have been had we tweaked our offense at the start of the season and not become so reliant on the bubble screen. I give high marks for taking a freshmen laden team to a 10-2 season and finishing very strong on the road stretch though, even as rocky as it was through the first half of the season.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 02:03 PM
Some of your grading systems don't seem to take into account our youth and inexperience. 10-2 with the losses to ranked teams on the road is good given how many freshmen we're playing. I think sometimes our fan expectation is that, since we're OU, we should be able to trot 22 freshmen out there and win the national championship but in my experience it doesn't work that way.

SoonerNutt
12/2/2010, 02:09 PM
INCOMPLETE.

Gonna wait until the glorious or bitter end to judge the team this year. No point in grading now.

Exactly

Win CCG, Win Fiesta Bowl = A (A+ is reserved for NC's)
Win CCG, Lose Fiesta Bowl = B+
Lose CCG, Win non-BCS bowl = C+
Lose CCG, Lose non-BCS bowl = C-

We haven't won a thing yet. It's all about bringing home some trophies now.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2010, 02:53 PM
Exactly

That's a fine absolute scale, but I find an "accomplishment vs. expectation" scale much more useful. For example, I gave the team an 'A' or even 'A+' for the rebuilding job done in '05. We lost almost everyone from '04 and were rebuilding in all phases. The team started as green as can be and ended up beating a very good, 10-win Oregon team in a bowl game. That's what I call a successful rebuilding job.

SoonerNutt
12/2/2010, 03:53 PM
That's a fine absolute scale, but I find an "accomplishment vs. expectation" scale much more useful. For example, I gave the team an 'A' or even 'A+' for the rebuilding job done in '05. We lost almost everyone from '04 and were rebuilding in all phases. The team started as green as can be and ended up beating a very good, 10-win Oregon team in a bowl game. That's what I call a successful rebuilding job.

I get what you are saying, but my personal expectation doesn't affect the grade.

I didn't expect us to win the NC this year, and I was just slightly optomistic we'd win the conference. If we do that and win a BCS bowl, my personal expectations will have been surpassed, but it's still not an A+ because we weren't perfect.

In 1999, I felt about as great about a 7-5 season as anyone could imagine, but we were still just a C+ team that year (relative to the rest of the football world, not relative to my personal expectations).

My point is, I can feel good about a C if I expected a D, but that still doesn't make it an A. ;)

Howzit
12/2/2010, 04:32 PM
Some of your grading systems don't seem to take into account our youth and inexperience. 10-2 with the losses to ranked teams on the road is good given how many freshmen we're playing. I think sometimes our fan expectation is that, since we're OU, we should be able to trot 22 freshmen out there and win the national championship but in my experience it doesn't work that way.

My circuits 1 prof didn't give a **** that I was a freshman.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2010, 04:39 PM
I get what you are saying, but my personal expectation doesn't affect the grade.

I didn't expect us to win the NC this year, and I was just slightly optomistic we'd win the conference. If we do that and win a BCS bowl, my personal expectations will have been surpassed, but it's still not an A+ because we weren't perfect.

In 1999, I felt about as great about a 7-5 season as anyone could imagine, but we were still just a C+ team that year (relative to the rest of the football world, not relative to my personal expectations).

My point is, I can feel good about a C if I expected a D, but that still doesn't make it an A. ;)

I'm not talking about personal expectation, I'm talking about inherent capability. Granted that requires opinion on that capability. Again, I go back to '05 since I think it is a clear example. That team is not going to win the conference even if they are coached and play to perfection. At best, they are going to lose a few early games as they gain experience and get better at a rapid and consistent rate throughout the season. They did that about as well as could be done - IMO. So if I'm the coach grading the players or if I'm the AD grading the coaches - they both get very high marks on the job they did. In that case, I'm not going to grade the team relative to the BCS title winner as that is not relevant. The grade is important here because this is how I determine if the coach gets a raise or contract extension. And for the players, it feeds into who starts the next year. If I grade on an absolute scale, Stoops knows he'll get a 'C' before he even starts because he's not stupid and knows there are growing pains to play through. The AD has to outline what he considers an 'A' job for the year and it has to be obtainable.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 04:44 PM
My circuits 1 prof didn't give a **** that I was a freshman.
Wait, you went to college?

Boomer38Sooner
12/2/2010, 04:45 PM
Don't start grading before the season is over! Its just like in golf, if you think of your score before your round is done, you'll stumble

jharkins
12/2/2010, 04:45 PM
If we win the very last Big XII championship ever I could not give this season any less than an A.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2010, 04:50 PM
Don't start grading before the season is over! Its just like in golf, if you think of your score before your round is done, you'll stumble

You can grade the regular season. That is a logical unit of work because the schedule is known upfront unlike the CCG or bowl game.

JRAM
12/2/2010, 06:26 PM
PLAYERS - B+. COACHES - A-

pappy
12/2/2010, 06:47 PM

10-2 with freshmen playing means the freshmen were/are better players then the guys with the experience. So I'm not real big on the too young excuse since the younger players give you the better chance to win then the older players otherwise the older players would be out there.

Always_Sooner
12/2/2010, 08:25 PM
I'd say overall realistic expectations were about right where we had OU to start the year. I predicted them to be at either 11-1 or 10-2 at this point. That is a good season, but I'll evaluate the season it this way. A+ at home, and C on the road.

BigRed47
12/2/2010, 08:52 PM
I would rate this season right as of this moment a B-. We win the CCG and I'll raise it to a B+. If we win the BCS bowl then I'll give OU an A-.

If we lose the CCG I'll give OU a C+. If we then win OUr bowl I'll raise us back up to a B-.

If we win the CCG but lose the BCS bowl then I'll have to give us a B-.

Octavian
12/2/2010, 09:07 PM
If we go 12-2 and win a CC and a BCS bowl, that'd be one of the best seasons of the Stoops era -- solid, solid A.

That would also provide the happiest offseason since 2003.

Always_Sooner
12/2/2010, 11:06 PM
I agree with that statement; because I felt good about OU after the Rose Bowl victory and we all knew that played at an unprecedented level much of the 2003 season.

AlboSooner
12/2/2010, 11:15 PM
So far = B
Win Big champ = A
Win Fiesta = A+
Lose big 12, Lose bowl game = C-
Lose big 12, win bowl game = B

CrimsonRez
12/2/2010, 11:16 PM
Fire Everyone :D

UTsucks
12/3/2010, 07:24 AM
Solid B

Dwight
1/7/2011, 06:54 PM
I figured I'd bump this thread since the season's actually over.

I give it an A

ousooners182
1/7/2011, 07:04 PM
a solid a!

stoopified
1/7/2011, 07:13 PM
Final grade is A- ,points have to be deducted for losing to inferior Missou and aTm teams.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2011, 07:58 PM
A- for me. I use the accomplishment vs. expectation scale. The W/L record and certainly the conference title were solid 'A'. I thought we'd improve such that by the end of the season, no one would want any part of us - including the 2 teams in the BCS title game. We did improve, but not to that level.

Socrefbek
1/7/2011, 08:05 PM
Definitely an A.

Young team that achieved all that was possibly expected at the beginning of the season.

Big XII South Champs
Big XII Champs
Fiesta Bowl Champs

Chance for a top 5 finish in Final AP poll

Outstanding year.

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2011, 08:07 PM
A- Losing one game fewer would have garnered an A.

Offense: B+
Defense: B+
Special Teams: C- (FGs weren't much of a problem and punting was fine.)

Sooner91ATL
1/7/2011, 10:26 PM
A B+ but inexplicable and indefensible losses to two very beatable teams with talent inferior to ours really makes this into another "coulda been" season. Early close shaves due to shaky defense and OL instability foreshadowed problems later in the season, but texas turned out to be weaklings and in retrospect MO and aTm were fizzlers, although everyone thought they were better when we played them. The last 4 games of the season featured quality play. A+ teams string together consistent week by week play at a high level, and we did not achieve that. Winning a weakened Big 12 and beating a very outmatched UCONN team does not mean we will automatically be competitive for a national championship next year. I'm seeing a ton of overconfidence from fans, but I don't see the reason to be absolutely convinced that we are going to be able to run the table, not until there is improvement in OL run blocking, consistency in LB play, and we see better special teams play.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 10:33 PM
A. Rings baby, rings.

Cornfed
1/7/2011, 10:34 PM
I think this season deserves 3 seperate grades, games 1-6 were a B, 7-9 were a D and 10-14 was an A-.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 10:39 PM
I think this season deserves 3 seperate grades, games 1-6 were a B, 7-9 were a D and 10-14 was an A-.

we kicked the crap outta Colorado and were in both A&M and Missouri games til the 4th. I would give both losses a B-. Thats just my 2˘

Cornfed
1/7/2011, 10:44 PM
we kicked the crap outta Colorado and were in both A&M and Missouri games til the 4th. I would give both losses a B-. Thats just my 2˘

I agree halfheartedly with you except for the fact that we SHOULD have pounded both bookends of the Colorado game.
We got our yards but made mistakes that were just silly.

oudavid1
1/7/2011, 10:46 PM
I agree halfheartedly with you except for the fact that we SHOULD have pounded both bookends of the Colorado game.
We got our yards but made mistakes that were just silly.

that is true. Your handle makes you seem like a husker.

Cornfed
1/7/2011, 10:48 PM
that is true. Your handle makes you seem like a husker.

I was labelled in the Marines and it just stuck. (had something to do with the hayseed in my hair and being thick)

pappy
1/7/2011, 11:05 PM
I'm sticking with a B+

StoopTroup
1/7/2011, 11:06 PM
D-

Everyone else in our Conference gets a DNF. They don't even deserve an F.

If we'd made the MNC....a C or B and if we'd won....A+

OUNASH
1/7/2011, 11:21 PM
A, looked good towards the end.

CatfishSooner
1/7/2011, 11:29 PM
A!!!!

Leroy Lizard
1/7/2011, 11:35 PM
D-

Big XII grades on a curve.

Dwight
1/8/2011, 12:13 AM

losses don't warrant a B-. D-F for losses

Sooner_Tuf
1/8/2011, 01:50 AM
Pretty solid B

We have a lot of things to work on before considering this an A Squad. Lots of potential but we still give up too many big plays and too many points. We don't run the ball well to hang in with the elite teams. We let lessor teams hang around too often.

Special Teams needs more focus. The kicking game is getting better (field goals) but kickoffs still leave a lot to be desired. We don't kick the ball deep enough and we have a lot of brain farts in coverage.

This team has tons of promise and I believe will develop nicely. We should have never lost to the two teams we did and we should have never let Texas back into the game.

Cure those things and I think we have an A+++ Team that has an excellent chance of making the NC Game. Could be worse, we could be short on talent which we are not.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2011, 02:49 AM
Agreement posts # 62, 65 and 78. The season B ish. We don't run block adequately, can't kick deep, and break down on coverage on kickoffs. Landry needs competition from B. Bell this spring and summer.

oudavid1
1/8/2011, 04:07 AM
losses don't warrant a B-. D-F for losses

i understand why you would feel this way.

But 3 freshman scored vs Missouri and A&M.

Franks, Millard, Stills.

Cant give that a D in my opinion.

stoopified
1/8/2011, 06:11 AM
D-

If we'd made the MNC....a C or B and if we'd won....A+Mr. Lebeda is that you? Toughest grading I have seen since freshman Algebra.

CBUS_SOONER
1/8/2011, 08:59 AM
93.7%

texaspokieokie
1/8/2011, 10:04 AM
a

OUthunder
1/8/2011, 10:10 AM
I'll grade the season a B.

Defense was really bad at the 1st of the year but did get better.

Special teams sucked all year. Hire a ****ing coach!

Landry seemed to get better throughout the season.

FG kicking is still a big ?. It got better but who really has confidence in any of our FG kickers past 40 yards.

Punting and kickoffs were bad. Tress Way is more inconsistent than Cox Cable.

OUEngr1990
1/8/2011, 11:05 AM
A-

We won the conference, and won our BCS game. It's the next best thing to an NC in my opinion...

Soonermagik
1/8/2011, 11:07 AM
Exactly

I agree with the majority of your rankings. However, I can't award a B+ when they lose the last game of the season. You have to consider what is at stake and how much prep time you have.

If you lose a BCS game I can't even give a B. If you win a Big 12 (not possible next year) then you get a C+. The expectations are high here. OU has the money, facilites, players and coaches to win big time games. I grade this season an A. Like you said, an A+ only follows a title win.

usaosooner
1/8/2011, 11:57 AM
My expectations were fully met. I expected a Big XII championship + Fiesta Bowl win therefore this season is a A+

oudivesherpa
1/8/2011, 12:23 PM
How about a teaching rubric or grades compared to goals.

#1 Goal is always to win your conference. Goal achieved.

#2 Goal is to win your BCS game. Goal achieved.

#3 Stretch Goal. Win NC. Goal not met.

Grade A. If you win the NC, then you get an A+.

Okie35
1/8/2011, 12:25 PM
I give them an A. Con. Champ/BCS = A ... MNC = A+

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2011, 01:24 PM
I still would rather hear all your grades vs. expectations. If the grade is absolute with a BCS title being A+ and anything else drops down from there, then your grade adds no information over the final BCS ranking. There is such thing as an A+ rebuilding year where both the team and individual young players made great improvements, but even a conference title is out of the question.

hawaii 5-0
1/8/2011, 01:55 PM
Without going thru 5 pages........my 2 cents.....

The Sooners need a better red zone offense. I want TDs, not FGs. I want OU to able to convert a 3rd and 2 without having to face a 4th down.

The Sooners need a Special Teams coach, dedicated to putting the ball in the endzone on kickoffs and covering kickoffs. No more long returns.

The Sooners need more umph up the middle on defense. Too many runners had 100+ yard games against us. Who's the next Tommy or Gerald, I dunno. Seems the inside LBs got caught out of position or blocked too many times as well.

It's a short list, but I would grade the Sooners down on these things. Hopefully they can be addressed and improved.

5-0

gaylordfan1
1/8/2011, 02:12 PM
This season outreached my expectations. So, I would go no lwer than a A.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/8/2011, 03:17 PM
A-

We won the conference, and won our BCS game. It's the next best thing to an NC in my opinion...

I agree.

If it had been a midseason grade after the A&M game it would have been a C. Everything since has been as good as possibly be expected.

Blowout over TT
Huge win on road over best Baylor team in a long time
Win on road against OSU, winning South and shattering their dream
Conference title win over Nebraska
Finish with a blowout BCS win, let alone a bowl win.

AlboSooner
1/8/2011, 03:50 PM
a

FrostySooner
1/9/2011, 02:55 AM
I would rate them at about 82% for the year. We have to improve on the defensive line, be able to run the ball more effectively, improve on our vertical passing game, and get much better on special teams before we can crown ourselves a true contender for 2011.

sendbaht
1/9/2011, 08:26 AM
If graded on a curve with texas...A++++++++ but I'll give us a happy B+....Good work guys, good work. Lose 1 game A lose 0 games A++

101sooner
1/9/2011, 08:38 AM
B.

Poor kick-off coverage (Only team Div 1 and up including the NFL to give up 4 TD returns). We also sucked at run blocking and we had miserable FG kicking earlier in the season.

But Landry got better and better, the young defensive linemen started to become disruptive, we have some fantastic young D-backs that play very physical, cover man-to-man and make huge turnovers,. We have two deep offensive linemen are all coming back except Mensik.

Good season.

texaspokieokie
1/9/2011, 09:11 AM
season would be better with a better opponent in bowl game.

Octavian
1/9/2011, 10:16 AM
Even by OU standards, 2010 was an A.

PLaw
1/9/2011, 10:31 AM
Conference Championship = B+ or A-. After watching LSU dismantle eATMe, I think the grade gets knocked down to a B+ even though any win at Kyle field is not a gimme.

The bowl win sets the tone for a good spring and provides a solid cornerstone for the 2011 campaign. That said, beating a UConn team that had no business being in a BCS bowl game doesn't raise the grade. I think a match up with the bengal tigers would have been a great bowl game and would have given us better barometer of our overall team strength.

Final analysis, B+.

OUEngr1990
1/9/2011, 11:55 AM
Just think, if we were aggies, we'd be bragging that this was the best season in the history of our program! LOL :D (and soaking it up since it will probably be the last one like it in our lifetime)

thatmediadude
1/9/2011, 12:32 PM
Anything given other than an "A" is crazy. Conference champs, BCS bowl champs... HOw much can some of you critique. Good grief. That is what is tough to be a sooner fan.....pure spoiled fans. 12 wins and people want to give B's and B-. Ridiculous. GREAT season by our guys!

hawaii 5-0
1/9/2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone remember when this year's 1st BCS rankings came out OU was #1?

We didn't stay there for long.

My hopes went unfulfilled. My expectations for next season will be greater.

5-0

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2011, 01:22 PM
Anything given other than an "A" is crazy. Conference champs, BCS bowl champs... HOw much can some of you critique. Good grief. That is what is tough to be a sooner fan.....pure spoiled fans. 12 wins and people want to give B's and B-. Ridiculous. GREAT season by our guys!

I have to agree. OUr team finished UNRANKED at the end of the previous season or right around #25 in some polls. We lost 2 players to the 1st round of the draft (McCoy, Williams) and still had many questions on Oline and receiver and new starting CBs. I'd say we started where we left off or even weaker (Utah State) and ended the season deserving a top 10 ranking. That's a solid coaching job and excellent focus and effort by the players. Any expectation of a national title would have been delusional. The bar will be higher next year and should be.

JLEW1818
1/9/2011, 01:24 PM
B+ or A-

depends on who the grader is

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2011, 02:32 PM
I have to agree. OUr team finished UNRANKED at the end of the previous season or right around #25 in some polls. We lost 2 players to the 1st round of the draft (McCoy, Williams) and still had many questions on Oline and receiver and new starting CBs. I'd say we started where we left off or even weaker (Utah State) and ended the season deserving a top 10 ranking. That's a solid coaching job and excellent focus and effort by the players. Any expectation of a national title would have been delusional. The bar will be higher next year and should be.

And if anyone doubts what could have happened, just turn your sights toward Austin and think "There, but for the grace of Stoops, goes our team."

TahoeSOONER
1/10/2011, 01:12 PM
How do you figure this was a championship caliber team? Because of the "Sooners" on the jersey?

This is a young Championship caliber team that did win a BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP.

Next year they take the next step to the big stage.

TahoeSOONER
1/10/2011, 01:16 PM

I want a little more road consistency before I think of A's.

milesl
1/10/2011, 01:35 PM
B+, yes the Missouri and Texas A & M losses hurt and we can feel better that they will play in Norman this year where they will be stomped. That 4th quarter on the OSU game was crazy. I have a new respect for OSU who wouldnt go away and Landry because a certified quarterback hero. God, I wish I recorded that game.

josh09
1/10/2011, 02:41 PM
I'm going to say A-. Not an A or an A+ due mainly to the 2 losses, and how we pretty much beat ourselves in both of them. I had a very fun season though, hopefully we can get back into the National Championship conversation for next year. We should be with all of the players returning (yea, we've heard that one before....). But lightening rarely strikes the same place twice, so barring any injuries, I full expect an undefeated or 1-loss season in 2011! SEE YOU IN NEW ORLEANS!!!!

Mad Dog Madsen
1/10/2011, 02:43 PM
89%

Soonerson1975
1/10/2011, 02:45 PM
Before the year I said OU would go 10-2 in the regular season. So they met my expectations, won a B.12 Champ, and won a BCS game. So I'll grade them a solid B+

SoonerPride
1/10/2011, 02:46 PM
Beat FSU
Beat *
Beat osu
Beat Nebraska
Won Big 12 title
Won BCS bowl

= A

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2011, 03:30 PM
Offense: A-