PDA

View Full Version : Blevins say Martinez won't play

Wishboned
12/1/2010, 09:28 AM
Don't know how trusted the sources is...wonder what the percentage of trustability is?

http://okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=31064

A trusted source in Lincoln has told OKBlitz.com Sports Director Dean Blevins via text message that Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez "isn't gonna go..." and that he would "be ineffective if he even tries to play."

Martinez is suffering from right ankle and foot injuries that kept him out of the Huskers' Nov. 26 regular season finale against Colorado.

Sophomore Cody Green is likely to get the start for the Huskers, and he started against Colorado last week.

Meanwhile the Sooners have an injury issue with a headlining player of their own that is being closely monitored.

All-Big 12 running back DeMarco Murray bruised a knee in the win against OSU on Saturday.

OU coach Bob Stoops said during Tuesday's weekly press conference that Murray's health was improving but that he did not know whether Murray would be ready for Saturday's Big 12 Championship.

Murray and other OU players meet with the media after Tuesday practices but Murray was not available to the media after the Sooners' practice Tuesday.

NOVSooner
12/1/2010, 09:31 AM
is Niles Paul out too or is that TBD?

Mad Dog Madsen
12/1/2010, 09:31 AM
It's a trap...

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2010, 09:35 AM
It's a trap...

its a lock that not only will he play, but be a factor (as long as Dean the dream says otherwise)

we now only have about a 60/50 chance of winning!
:pop:

rekamrettuB
12/1/2010, 09:36 AM

He's way out. He said during the NU/CU game that he was hoping to be back for their bowl game.

sshusker
12/1/2010, 09:41 AM

Niles is out and while it is not official, I would be very surprised if Martinez can go. Along with his bad ankle he has turf toe.

SoonerMarkVA
12/1/2010, 09:42 AM
It's a trap...

http://www.minerwars.com/ForumUploads/20100826140118_1275_1281308371891.jpg

Soonerntxs
12/1/2010, 09:43 AM
Not only will he be playin, he will win the Heisman & be drafted #1!

BTW

I have a friend, that has a sister, that knows Bob's wifes friend, that buys Avon from her and said that the game next week will be played in the NIKE ARMOR Uniforms.

Of course this is all on his PS3 (FROM THE SIDELINES) LOL!

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2010, 09:44 AM
BTW

I have a friend, that has a sister, that knows Bob's wifes friend, that buys Avon from her and said that the game next week will be played in the NIKE ARMOR Uniforms.thanks Simone

picasso
12/1/2010, 09:55 AM
Niles is out and while it is not official, I would be very surprised if Martinez can go. Along with his bad ankle he has turf toe.

That sucks. The turf toe can be much worse than the bad ankle part.

boomermagic
12/1/2010, 09:58 AM
I think Murray will play. Sure hope so we need him..

Soonerntxs
12/1/2010, 09:59 AM
I have it on good advice that the TOE is ok, but the jock itch is out of control.

thecynic
12/1/2010, 10:02 AM
well darn, if Blevins says he isn't playing that means he'll probably run for 200 yards and throw passes, run under them, and catch them for touchdowns.

OUmillenium
12/1/2010, 10:03 AM
I think whether he plays or not, Sooners win in a blowout. Just got that feeling.

badger
12/1/2010, 10:08 AM
This is huge for Nebbish if true. They look like crap on offense (see A&M - they scored six points!) without their star QB

Veritas
12/1/2010, 10:11 AM
They both (Paul and Martinez) may play but they're both still *really* injured. They'll be non-factors.

That said, the offense has adjusted to the wildcat/Cody Green powered offense. You can't rely on that A&M game as a baseline for anything.

OUinFLA
12/1/2010, 10:13 AM
of more importance, is his phone working?

Veritas
12/1/2010, 10:17 AM
of more importance, is his phone working?
Yes, but the 2 and the 7 on the number pad don't work.

KantoSooner
12/1/2010, 10:19 AM
Well if Blevins says he won't, then it's 70:50 that he will.

Damn.

TahoeSOONER
12/1/2010, 11:07 AM
I hope the kid plays just because he's had a great year and the Big Red Rivalry deserves both teams playing at their best for the finale.

SoonerPr8r
12/1/2010, 11:09 AM
It's a trap...

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tarp-30198.jpg

KantoSooner
12/1/2010, 12:15 PM
TahoeSooner, I disagree, but politely. Nebraska is one of those teams who have achieved greatness. Even during the Callahan years, they were still 'Nebraska'. I want to beat them everytime we play. I want to destroy them by 50 everytime we play. I want them to feel depression and sadness when they know they must play us.
I like and respect them, but I want us to beat them like the family mule.

budbarrybob
12/1/2010, 12:42 PM
I like and respect them, but I want us to beat them like a rented mule.

fify.

never beat the family pet. ;)

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2010, 12:48 PM
fify.

never beat the family pet. ;)

Agreed. If you must beat a family member, save it for the red-headed stepchild.

KantoSooner
12/1/2010, 12:56 PM
What if your family has a red haired mule whose parentage is in dispute? Can you beat them?

-Confused

ratherthanlater
12/1/2010, 02:06 PM
What if your family has a red haired mule whose parentage is in dispute? Can you beat them?

-Confused
I don't care what anyone told you, it's always okay to beat a ginger. They don't have souls.

Uncle Ernie
12/1/2010, 02:26 PM
I don't care what anyone told you, it's always okay to beat a ginger. They don't have souls.

What about beating Mary Ann or the Skipper? I guess you should always beat Skipper behind closed doors.

Dan Thompson
12/1/2010, 02:53 PM
We're doomed.

KantoSooner
12/1/2010, 03:23 PM
What about beating Mary Ann or the Skipper? I guess you should always beat Skipper behind closed doors.

Beating Mary Ann should be considered a crime against humanity. By order of the United Nations, you should be taken out and beaten for several hours by the Raven's second string linebacking corps if guilty of such an offense.

CatfishSooner
12/1/2010, 03:28 PM
why not ray lewis???

thecynic
12/1/2010, 03:40 PM

holy crap that is funny. I literally laughed out loud. (llol)

I needed a good belly laugh today.

HuskerFan
12/1/2010, 08:18 PM
As a Nebraska fan, I can tell you it isn't that big of a deal. Attempts to run the zone read with Martinez were largely ineffective against fast defenses. Nebraska's game plan will be to run right at the Sooners and mix in a few play action passes to keep them honest. Cody Green & Zac Lee are fully capable of running this kind of game plan. Nebraska wants to control the ball and run down the clock. The Huskers will rely upon the defense and special teams to win this game.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2010, 08:30 PM

The Huskers will rely upon the defense and special teams to NOT win this game.

Let me fix that for ya.

usaosooner
12/1/2010, 08:54 PM
I don't buy it at all

VA Sooner
12/1/2010, 09:14 PM
I don't consider not having Taylor Martinez enough of a disadvantage to not take the Huskers lightly. Their defense is still very stout and should not be underestimated.

Cody Green is young but still a better QB than Zac Lee. Zac may have the experience but not the football smarts to be a very good QB.

I suspect HuskerFan is very close to the truth... their gameplan will rely heavily on establishing the run and right through the middle of the defense and then the occasional pass to keep the safeties from cheating up all of the time.

Going to be some hard-hitting football, lots of emotion, this Saturday.

I Am Right
12/1/2010, 09:20 PM
Blevins knows as much about it as Traber

Widescreen
12/1/2010, 09:46 PM
I don't consider not having Taylor Martinez enough of a disadvantage to not take the Huskers lightly.

Can you translate that? The quadruple negatives threw me a bit. :D

I Am Right
12/1/2010, 09:51 PM
Can you translate that? The quadruple negatives threw me a bit. :D

LOL

OUinFLA
12/1/2010, 09:58 PM
multiples of two negs = positive.

always, at least that's not always what I always thought it wasn't always.

swardboy
12/1/2010, 10:08 PM
I hope someone's getting all this "intelligence" to Bob.

TahoeSOONER
12/1/2010, 10:19 PM
I know Nebraska has a very solid D and they have a oline better than a Mizzou team that pushed OUr dline around. NU wants this game allot with the conference jumping and frustration from last years CCG, it's up to Oklahoma to match them physically in the trenches. If OU can do that then they will have the pop offensivly to put up enough points to win the game.

JPNSKER
12/1/2010, 10:34 PM
I know Nebraska has a very solid D and they have a oline better than a Mizzou team that pushed OUr dline around. NU wants this game allot with the conference jumping and frustration from last years CCG, it's up to Oklahoma to match them physically in the trenches. If OU can do that then they will have the pop offensivly to put up enough points to win the game.

I would agree with this entire post 100%. Not saying that OU isn't physical, but they rely on a lot of outside runs and short passes. Our dline, actually our whole defense, hits hard and crowds to the ball. Yes, we don't have Suh anymore, but OU's oline will have to protect for longer than they are used to with our lock down corners. I'm guessing the short passes will be there most of the time, but that's where we've given up most of the passing yards that we have allowed all season. Those passes don't normally go for many more yards than the initial catch. People keep referring to the okie-lite game, but neither of those safties have played much since then.

NU has worked towards becoming very physical up front with their oline play. I agree that this will be the game plan. Burkhead is extremely quick in the gaps and cutting corners, while Helu can simply explode through a crease. That's why it really doesn't matter if Martinez plays or not. I don't think he's 100% anyway and that's the only way he makes a difference, imo. Green should handle the offense just fine.

Scott D
12/1/2010, 10:49 PM
They both (Paul and Martinez) may play but they're both still *really* injured. They'll be non-factors.

That said, the offense has adjusted to the wildcat/Cody Green powered offense. You can't rely on that A&M game as a baseline for anything.

I was hoping to rely on it for getting Nebraska hit with a bunch of 15 yd penalties ;)