PDA

View Full Version : Question for those that watched the tex/aTm game

achiro
11/30/2010, 05:30 PM
It was on at my parents house but no sound and we weren't really watching it so I didn't really catch this for sure. Just before a commercial break the picture went to a frame look and on the top and bottom of the screen it said something about "The end of Texas"
I was just wondering what it said for sure and why it was there. Almost seemed like a joke from an aggie in the tv booth or something.

AggieGirl2005
11/30/2010, 05:32 PM
It was on at my parents house but no sound and we weren't really watching it so I didn't really catch this for sure. Just before a commercial break the picture went to a frame look and on the top and bottom of the screen it said something about "The end of Texas"
I was just wondering what it said for sure and why it was there. Almost seemed like a joke from an aggie in the tv booth or something.

They were talking about the rivalry and how each school's song references the other:

"Goodbye to Texas University" in the Ags' song, "Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
And it's goodbye to A&M. " in UT's song. Those sentences were at the bottom of the screen on two occasions that I saw.

Mississippi Sooner
11/30/2010, 05:33 PM

What they were doing was, when Texas would score and the band would play the fight song, they would show the opening words which end with "and it's goodbye to A&M." When the Ags would score they would do the same thing, so that's where you saw "the end of Texas."

Mississippi Sooner
11/30/2010, 05:34 PM
Or, like AggieGirl just said. LOL

achiro
11/30/2010, 05:36 PM
OK, the "Goodbye to Texas University" was the one I saw. Thanks. Still, it seemed funny since texass was losing. :D