PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska-Oklahoma testament to football

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/30/2010, 02:31 PM
Really good article someone posted on a Nebraska forum. Thought you guys might enjoy it as well

Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Nebraska-Oklahoma-rivalry-Big-12-championship-112910)

Nebraska-Oklahoma testament to football
-Kalani Simpson

In the old days, and by this, I mean so long ago Brett Favre was a kid, Nebraska played Oklahoma. This was how it was, and it was good. In fact, it was better than good.

Have you ever heard of the “Game of the Century”? Well, there have been a few. But the best of them all was played in 1971 in Norman, Okla., what Sports Illustrated described then as “dirt-kicking Big Eight Territory.” And the two teams swung roundhouses at each other like it was a Rocky movie, until it ended, 35-31, in favor of Nebraska. One of the greatest college football games ever played.

The highlight, all agree, was when Nebraska’s Johnny “The Jet” Rodgers returned a punt 72 yards for a touchdown. As Nebraska play-by-play voice Lyell Bremser put it, Rodgers “just tore ’em loose from their shoes!”

Who? Would-be tacklers? Fans in attendance? Bremser never said. But it was an appropriate summation of the moment. It was that kind of return, that kind of game, that kind of series. It could leave you shoeless.

And whether we lived in dirt-kicking Big Eight Territory or not, America ate it up. Now, this was college football! Now, this was Thanksgiving! Nebraska played Oklahoma. And it was good. In fact, it was better than that. It could tear you loose from your shoes.

But then, the Big 12 happened. Well, a lot of things happened, but mostly, the Big 12 happened. And one of America’s best big-game rivalries fell to the wayside. Nebraska did not play Oklahoma, at least not every year. And it all just faded away.

Saturday, we get one last helping of comfort food, before Nebraska departs for the Big Ten. Saturday night, North Division champion Nebraska plays South Division champion Oklahoma in the last Big 12 championship game. The world has gone crazy, in college football. For goodness sake, TCU is headed for the Big East. But we’ve got 60 minutes of solace. We’ve got a story from the Old Testament. Nebraska-Oklahoma, one last time.

And, boy, has it been good.

Nebraska went on to win the national championship after beating Oklahoma in that November thriller in 1971. And that’s how it seemed to end up from then on. The two teams would stage an epic showdown — and the winner would emerge from it in the driver’s seat for No. 1.

They weren’t playing for a bucket or a bowl or a trophy or a bell or an ax. As writer Jerry Izenberg once said of Ali and Frazier, they played for the championship of each other. And that was enough. That was all they needed. Get the two of them together, and they were playing for the national championship, right then and there.

The ’80s seemed to make it even crazier. Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer seemed to stoke the rivalry with the twinkle in his eye. He walked onto the set of Nebraska athletic director (and former national champion coach) Bob Devaney’s television show the Friday night before the 1980 game in Lincoln, Neb. He brought the surprised host a gift — a bag of tacos.

“My players and coaches were all watching at the hotel,” Switzer told the Omaha World-Herald this week. “They all thought I was crazier than hell.”

They won it for him in the final minutes the next day, 21-17.

Switzer said his teams fed off “Sooner Magic” in the series, and it seemed as if they did, beating Nebraska in the final minutes, sometimes the final seconds. It seemed like every game was like that thriller in 1971.

We miss that magic. Nebraska heads for the Big Ten next season, and the acrimony surrounding the move has been surprising. Nebraska fans are convinced there is a conspiracy against their team (a Huskers player was suspended by the conference office in the wake of illegal-hit fever, and penalties have not been pretty). No one from the Big 12 office was on hand last week to award Nebraska the North trophy (commissioner Dan Beebe has cited feeling unsafe after some 2,000 “vulgar and nasty” messages and at least one death threat from Huskers fans).

It might have been an ugly Big 12 championship game.

But instead, a gift. We get Nebraska-Oklahoma, one last time. When Rodgers hit the end zone after his brilliant, winding 1971 run, Bremser yelled: “He’s all the way home!”

On Saturday, that’s where we’ll all be one last time, for at least 60 minutes. Home. Nebraska-Oklahoma.

Tie your laces extra tight.

yermom
11/30/2010, 02:43 PM
i think it was easy to break it up in '96

if the conference formed in '86, not a chance

Sooner_Tuf
11/30/2010, 04:26 PM
It was a good rivalry once upon a time. But things change. The Huskers sure have. The old Huskers didn't act like big babies and weren't quitters.

Husker Fans can sleep better knowing all their conference games will be played in the rust belt and they won't have to deal with that pesky sunshine during the winter anymore.

I am investing a company that will be making stocking hats, mittens, and mufflers that say "These colors do run" on them.

47Wins
11/30/2010, 05:04 PM
Aw yes the famed "Three clips on the runback game" I remember it well. Those were good times, then along came Calahan (sp.) and every arsehole in Nebraska rolled out of the woodwork and declared their undying allegiance to the other Big Red.
I'll have the pleasure of a lot of good memories from the days of Switzer and Osborne. My last good memory is of the 2000 game. We knew we were getting better but when we beat Nebraska it was validation that we were really back, and down went the goalposts. I've watched OU since 1954 and had never seen the goalpost even threatened at Owens Field but it was "right" after that game. It had been a long dark dry spell and by-God we were back in the fight. So long Nebraska

Husker In Oklahoma
11/30/2010, 05:20 PM
i think it was easy to break it up in '96

if the conference formed in '86, not a chance

And that shows either one, your youth, or two, stupidity. OU NU was still bigger that OU TX in 1996. Tx sucked, so did OU, so what, it wasn't like they wouldn't return. OK to kill NU's rival, I just often wonder how OU fans would have felt if they lost TX to the same division as NU. Think that would have helped your program? Hell No, it would have been detrimental to it. Pull your head out and quit acting like you are this ignorant. The people who initially made this decision should have been taken out back and disposed of. Stupidist thing ever. Insane to this day!! Geez, maybe we should just kill tOSU and Mich, because tOSU has ruled it the past 8 years or so? Just dumb.

caufield
11/30/2010, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

Just another Husker coming out of the woodwork. I've lurked here lots the past several years, but with this being the last NU-OU game for a while and all, I just wanted to say thanks, and good luck to your program and university.

I'll be rooting for the Sooners in all your future games ('cept the next one, of course :) ).

picasso
11/30/2010, 05:42 PM
I'm 41 now and have fond memories of that game the day after Thanksgiving.

We were home from school, it was cold and it was awesome! I had older siblings and it was really cool when my bro and his buddies from college would be home watching it with us!

Switzer always said the Texas game was a primer to see if we could beat Nebraska or not.

olevetonahill
11/30/2010, 07:29 PM
Ive got some turkey Ima make sammiches out of this sat. Caint think of a better Game meal for this one .;)

beegee
11/30/2010, 07:35 PM
Good article. When the Big 12 was formed, the best college football rivalry in country was screwed up. It's fitting the last Big 12 championship game come down to OU vs NU. Much respect for the Huskers and good luck in the Big 10, 11, 12 .... whatever conference.

Flagstaffsooner
11/30/2010, 07:41 PM
Ive got some turkey Ima make sammiches out of this sat. Caint think of a better Game meal for this one .;)Old turkey makes old turkeys shat in their pants.;)

olevetonahill
11/30/2010, 07:48 PM
Old turkey makes old turkeys shat in their pants.;)

No eatin prunes fer a midnight snack makes me wish I had woken up before I trusted this mornings Fart :eek:

swardboy
11/30/2010, 08:19 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........SNAP .

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2010, 08:38 PM
Aw yes the famed "Three clips on the runback game" I remember it well. Those were good times, then along came Calahan (sp.) and every arsehole in Nebraska rolled out of the woodwork and declared their undying allegiance to the other Big Red.
I'll have the pleasure of a lot of good memories from the days of Switzer and Osborne. My last good memory is of the 2000 game. We knew we were getting better but when we beat Nebraska it was validation that we were really back, and down went the goalposts. I've watched OU since 1954 and had never seen the goalpost even threatened at Owens Field but it was "right" after that game. It had been a long dark dry spell and by-God we were back in the fight. So long NebraskaDitto all. Near-perfect post.

The referee hosing the Sooners got AT HOME, in that "Game of the Century" was up there with the infamous Oregon and TxTech games. Worse, of course, because it was for all the marbles, and was in Norman.

scotplum
11/30/2010, 08:55 PM
Our previous basketball coach's son is a heckova writer!

IslandSooner
11/30/2010, 09:06 PM
OU-NU. Thanksgiving. Every year my dad, my little brother, myself, and close friends would set around "Deer Camp" and eat leftovers that grandma had packed for us and watch (or sometimes listen on the radio) the Oklahoma- Nebraska game. It was absolutely the biggest game of the year. IMO. "GOOD TIMES"

salth2o
11/30/2010, 09:15 PM
WILD turkey makes old turkeys shat in their pants.;)

fixed it for ya'

Great article on one of the greatest rivalries in college football. Only fitting that these two great programs meet up in the CCG.

yermom
11/30/2010, 09:22 PM
And that shows either one, your youth, or two, stupidity. OU NU was still bigger that OU TX in 1996. Tx sucked, so did OU, so what, it wasn't like they wouldn't return. OK to kill NU's rival, I just often wonder how OU fans would have felt if they lost TX to the same division as NU. Think that would have helped your program? Hell No, it would have been detrimental to it. Pull your head out and quit acting like you are this ignorant. The people who initially made this decision should have been taken out back and disposed of. Stupidist thing ever. Insane to this day!! Geez, maybe we should just kill tOSU and Mich, because tOSU has ruled it the past 8 years or so? Just dumb.

we were something like 1-7 vs. Nebraska when that happened, and coming off the worst season in recent memory.

and i'm pretty sure i wasn't consulted on the decision

soonerbub
11/30/2010, 09:48 PM
Question for the "brainiac" husker--why do you need OU to validate your program? That will be Minnesota and Iowa's job soon.

After the refs and the trophy presenters beat you Saturday--hopefully with a little help from the Sooners all I can say is...

you may go now
http://flicksided.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/kilmer-holiday.jpg

jkjsooner
11/30/2010, 10:00 PM

The impression I got in Oklahoma was that NU had all but forgotten about OU by '96. All we heard about was NU/CU and later NU/KSU. That might have been a media fabrication but the impression I got was that NU looked at OU as a has-been and was no longer relevant.

I think there's a lot of blame to go around. Definitely the Big 12 played a major role. OU, by being so mediocre, played a role. But I can't help but think that NU's ambivilence toward OU played a role as well.

Soonerus
11/30/2010, 10:06 PM
Any article that does not call the series "Oklahoma-Nebraska" has no credibility with me...

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2010, 10:29 PM
Yes, best program first. Just like OU-Texas.

VA Sooner
11/30/2010, 10:52 PM
Good read. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to the game on Saturday.

prrriiide
11/30/2010, 11:02 PM
Some of the earliest OU memories I have is of my quiet, petite, little mom jumping up and down and cheering in the living room when Little Joe or Greg Pruitt or Elvis Peacock would break off a big gainer against the Bugeaters. To us, that game was more important to the holiday weekend than the turkey.

Reddoggie
11/30/2010, 11:04 PM
It was a good rivalry once upon a time. But things change. The Huskers sure have. The old Huskers didn't act like big babies and weren't quitters.

Husker Fans can sleep better knowing all their conference games will be played in the rust belt and they won't have to deal with that pesky sunshine during the winter anymore.

I am investing a company that will be making stocking hats, mittens, and mufflers that say "These colors do run" on them.

Whoa, you guys hit the dry spell in the 1990's and were too afraid of getting your tails kicked by both Texas and NU in the same season where two losses would have been tough for a conference title game birth. I'm not flaming on here, or anything, it's just what I've always known, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I guess.

dvdcrr
11/30/2010, 11:07 PM
The "Big" 12 is the Titanic and she's goin down boys. I don't recall anyone being called a coward for jumping off that one. Go ahead ride 'er all the way down sooner. Honestly Nebraska fans never really liked Switzer (I do). Husker fans in the land of Big Red respected that wishbone. You had to. You had to play perfect assignment football and have someone like Rich Glover coming off the nose position to make em adjust. If you didn't have that you got run over... you got beat by those Sooners. It made the Huskers better. It pushed a coaching staff to develop a Gill/Rozier/Fryer juggernaut, and later a Frazier/Jones/ Phillips machine. You had to have an I.M Hipp on tap, a Johnny the Jet, and a mean defense. Much like last year, if you look it up, you will find it pretty common for Nebraska to have to hold OU to no (0) TD's in the second half to win. You had to be ready to play. Bo will have the boys ready to play. Wherever the Sooners wind up someday....Look us up for damn good bowl game or kick off classic will ya?

aero
12/1/2010, 12:03 AM
To all huskers, NU's relevance was and is solely because of their struggle to be as good as the original BIG RED. And while NU achieved a great deal of success, they still haven't reached the status of OU. Has NU's program suffered because they no longer had the yearly challenge of competing with OU? Or is it just a down cycle which all teams go through? Probably too early to tell. But one thing is for sure. While NU once competed with OU, they will need to climb to those lofty heights again and remain there for some time before they are equal to OU. And just to be clear, OU could leave their luggage home and go to any conference out there and be one of the big dogs favored to win it. The Sooner Nation stretches far and wide.

delhalew
12/1/2010, 12:32 AM
Is anyone else sick of Huskers referring to the Big 12s instability when it was their exodus that started the whole thing sinking? You are the cause, not the effect. I will be nostalgic one more time. After that...EXCLUDING SOME VERY AWESOME HUSKERS...Nebraska can **** smooth off.

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2010, 12:44 AM
I'm sick of the Huskers altogether. They are not the proud and respectful fanbase they were when I was growing up. They are bunch of shallow, jealous, whiny pussies with an inferiority complex bigger than Oklahomans ever thought of having. Just remember, Nebraska could only dominate in college football when OU was at their lowest point in history. I say good riddance.

picasso
12/1/2010, 12:51 AM
The "Big" 12 is the Titanic and she's goin down boys. I don't recall anyone being called a coward for jumping off that one. Go ahead ride 'er all the way down sooner. Honestly Nebraska fans never really liked Switzer (I do). Husker fans in the land of Big Red respected that wishbone. You had to. You had to play perfect assignment football and have someone like Rich Glover coming off the nose position to make em adjust. If you didn't have that you got run over... you got beat by those Sooners. It made the Huskers better. It pushed a coaching staff to develop a Gill/Rozier/Fryer juggernaut, and later a Frazier/Jones/ Phillips machine. You had to have an I.M Hipp on tap, a Johnny the Jet, and a mean defense. Much like last year, if you look it up, you will find it pretty common for Nebraska to have to hold OU to no (0) TD's in the second half to win. You had to be ready to play. Bo will have the boys ready to play. Wherever the Sooners wind up someday....Look us up for damn good bowl game or kick off classic will ya?

It also forced you guys to put more speed on the defense. This paid off big time for you in the 90's.

limey_sooner
12/1/2010, 07:19 AM
To this day I have never seen my sooner loving Dad laugh harder than he did while sitting in the living room of our house in Omaha watching Switzer deliver those tacos.

owenfieldreams
12/1/2010, 07:56 AM
I am old enough to remember the rivalry with Nebraska from the 50's when it took a Bobby Reynolds to keep them within a couple of TD's of us.

It is revisionist history to refer to our game with the Huskers as the best rivalry in the country. It's not even our best rivalry, never has been. For the better part of 2 decades it was a great rivalry with larger than life personalities and tremendous athletes competing on the biggest stage but things changed, including the revered Husker fanbase who became bitter and paranoid over the fact that they became an afterthought in the newly aligned conference.

Instead of nutting up and bringing their program back to a level that could compete with OU and UT, they cut and ran. Saturday night, after we've kicked their a**, I want to see a huge A.M.F. on Jerry's monstervision. Don't let the door hit you in your collective a--es.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2010, 08:33 AM
For the youngins out there, there was only one "Game of the Century" and it was played by Oklahoma and Nebraska. That's how important this match-up was.

It is a shame the two are being separated, they will play in the future but without the significance of the past.

HuskerfaninOkieland
12/1/2010, 09:59 AM
Is anyone else sick of Huskers referring to the Big 12s instability when it was their exodus that started the whole thing sinking? You are the cause, not the effect. I will be nostalgic one more time. After that...EXCLUDING SOME VERY AWESOME HUSKERS...Nebraska can **** smooth off.

Are you really that ****in stupid? I guess you conveniently forgot it was Texas' threat to move to the Pac-10, taking 3 or 4 other teams with it (my guess is to carry their luggage and lick their nut-sack) that caused the Big 12's instability over the summer. It was during that time the Big 10 approached Nebraska and with no clear direction from anybody, Nebraskas jumped at the opportunity. It was until AFTER the Pac-10 told Texas to go suck it (remember...Texas wanted a larger share of the revenue and wanted its own tv rights) that everybody hailed Texas the savior and Nebraska the villian. Far as I'm concerned, the Big 12-2 will have an epic fail within 5 year and you guys will be scrambling to find a suitable conference (remember, the SEC for whatever reason, won't take you and without an AAU accreditation, the Big 10 won't let you sniff their jock strap)

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 11:21 AM
It's not even our best rivalry, never has been.

You could not be more wrong. OU NU meant more than OU TX until this worthless confrence was formed. Just ask yourself, how would you have felt if TX NU was aligned in the same division, leaving you with no rival, unless you want to call OSU a rival? If you have been watching since the fifties, one would think you'd be just a bit smarter than the spew you just laid out.

delhalew
12/1/2010, 11:23 AM
Are you really that ****in stupid? I guess you conveniently forgot it was Texas' threat to move to the Pac-10, taking 3 or 4 other teams with it (my guess is to carry their luggage and lick their nut-sack) that caused the Big 12's instability over the summer. It was during that time the Big 10 approached Nebraska and with no clear direction from anybody, Nebraskas jumped at the opportunity. It was until AFTER the Pac-10 told Texas to go suck it (remember...Texas wanted a larger share of the revenue and wanted its own tv rights) that everybody hailed Texas the savior and Nebraska the villian. Far as I'm concerned, the Big 12-2 will have an epic fail within 5 year and you guys will be scrambling to find a suitable conference (remember, the SEC for whatever reason, won't take you and without an AAU accreditation, the Big 10 won't let you sniff their jock strap)

A: You are a guest here so watch your ****ing mouth.
B: Even the most dense football fans knew that the Big Ten was sniffing your butts LONG before Texas "forced your hand". Speaking of revisionist history...you guys take the cake.
After you receive your *** whippin, remember this: you guys think you are taking your ball and going the big slows house. Wrong! You are trying to take OUR ball and run. We own the Big12, not Texas.
We have been putting up with the horns for a century. Yes, when you play Texas you fight the officials. Yes, they are arrogant. The sun rises in the east if you missed that.
Admit you can't take it and take a flying ****.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 11:24 AM
Are you really that ****in stupid?

Yes, they are, just read some of the mis-informed spew on this board.

dvdcrr
12/1/2010, 11:29 PM
To all huskers, NU's relevance was and is solely because of their struggle to be as good as the original BIG RED. And while NU achieved a great deal of success, they still haven't reached the status of OU. Has NU's program suffered because they no longer had the yearly challenge of competing with OU? Or is it just a down cycle which all teams go through? Probably too early to tell. But one thing is for sure. While NU once competed with OU, they will need to climb to those lofty heights again and remain there for some time before they are equal to OU. And just to be clear, OU could leave their luggage home and go to any conference out there and be one of the big dogs favored to win it. The Sooner Nation stretches far and wide.

relevance? you might want to look up who is the winningest NCAA Div 1 college football team of the last 50 years, then get back to us.
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1960&end=2009&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, they are, just read some of the mis-informed spew on this board.

Why is this jackass still allowed to post here?

3rdgensooner
12/1/2010, 11:34 PM
We have been putting up with the horns for a century. Yes, when you play Texas you fight the officials. Yes, they are arrogant. The sun rises in the east if you missed that. Admit you can't take it and take a flying ****.I don't really care about Nebbish leaving, but regardless, this is spot on.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:35 PM
relevance? you might want to look up who is the winningest NCAA Div 1 college football team of the last 50 years, then get back to us.

You might want to look up who has more national titles than Nebraska. Also, we were winning them long before Nebraska. We also have spent the most number of weeks at #1 in the AP and BCS polls, and we have the most number of 10-win seasons.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 11:41 PM

Because they know how ignorant one like yourself sounds!! Clearly dude, get a clue, you only look more stupid by the second!:O

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:43 PM
Because they know how ignorant one like yourself sounds!! Clearly dude, get a clue, you only look more stupid by the second!:O

Really? Because I'm pretty sure my response to your buddy dvdcrr was more accurate than anything you've ever said on this board. Then again, I can't expect you to be able to understand facts.

I'll give you a C for effort, but you're still a dumbass. Please try harder.

dvdcrr
12/1/2010, 11:45 PM
You might want to look up who has more national titles than Nebraska. Also, we were winning them long before Nebraska. We also have spent the most number of weeks at #1 in the AP and BCS polls, and we have the most number of 10-win seasons.
Not taking anything away from OU, just sayin..Nebraska has more relevance than just trying to play catch up to OU. Also: 3 of the top 5 teams ever were NU according to most computers and experts. 71, 94, 95 Huskers
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/colfootball/teams/best.html

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 11:46 PM

You also have more probation years than anyone but Alabama, so maybe you should consider that!!! :O

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:46 PM
Not taking anything away from OU, just sayin..Nebraska has more relevance than just trying to play catch up to OU. Also: 3 of the top 5 teams ever were NU according to most computers and experts. 71, 94, 95 Huskers

"Experts". Right.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:49 PM
You also have more probation years than anyone but Alabama, so maybe you should consider that!!! :O

Irrelevant. We're just going to have to hold you back a year, I guess. You're a little slow on the uptake, although if you don't get it by the end of this year, we may have to send you to a special school.

Husker In Oklahoma
12/1/2010, 11:53 PM
Irrelevant. We're just going to have to hold you back a year, I guess. You're a little slow on the uptake, although if you don't get it by the end of this year, we may have to send you to a special school.

So, cheating was irrelevant? Never helped your success? PLEASE!! What a joke. It is ingraved in your history. Nice to be associated with that, but if you must, you must sleep well at night!! :O

3rdgensooner
12/1/2010, 11:54 PM
Somebody is needing validation.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:55 PM
So, cheating was irrelevant? Never helped your success? PLEASE!! What a joke. It is ingraved in your history. Nice to be associated with that, but if you must, you must sleep well at night!! :O

Nebraska cheated, too. They just weren't caught. Who else had a county walk-on program or 200-lb. WRs in an era when linebackers were barely bigger than that? Please exile yourself from this state and go back to the land of the corn.

Also, have fun playing 3rd or 4th fiddle in the Big Ten. You're going to miss the days when you were crying about Texas owning your asses.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:58 PM
Somebody is needing validation.

Just like the Pokes that were all over the place last week.

soonerbub
12/1/2010, 11:59 PM
Nebraska football is above the law.

Sincerely,

Lawrence Phillips & Christian Peter

soonerbub
12/2/2010, 12:05 AM
Make sure you lock up before you leave.

Warmest regards,

Johnny "Jet" Rodgers

Harry Beanbag
12/2/2010, 01:28 AM

Probably because he's a POS troll. Those things are beloved and honored around here.

Harry Beanbag
12/2/2010, 01:32 AM
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1960&end=2009&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

Why'd you pick 50? Why not 60? Or 65? Or 70? Or 75? Or 80?

I bet I know why. :)

47straight
12/2/2010, 02:07 AM
It is a testament to football.

Too bad that Deloss Dodds is a greedy bitch and caused it to end.

Bye Nebraska. Someday we'll wake up next to that ugly plastic-surgery fake hair fake teeth fake boobs UT and realize what we squandered for some extra money.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/2/2010, 02:24 AM
Why'd you pick 50? Why not 60? Or 65? Or 70? Or 75? Or 80?

I bet I know why. :)It couldn't be because the Sooners had a 47 game win streak in the '50's, and kicked everybody's as*, including poor nebbish...COULD IT?haha

yermom
12/2/2010, 02:54 AM
playing stepchild to tOSU, MU and PSU (at least) ought to be lots better than just OU and Texas :D

King Barry's Back
12/2/2010, 07:01 AM
Sincere question for the Huskers here.

I understand that the Big 10 will NOT be paying NU your full share of conference revenues for a few years. Is this correct?

If so, do any of you know how much your partial payment will be? And do you know how long you will be on 'reduced rations'?

Also, will you be making more or less than OU and TX under the new revenue scheme in the Big XII?