PDA

View Full Version : I've Seen Enough

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 04:36 AM
Sure, fans are expected to stand up for their own team. Sure, they're expected to look at the game through tinted glasses. But c'mon, OSU! How can you possibly call the roughing the punter call a bad one?

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110579

the foul wasn't questionable it was an awful call- Gilbert barely touched him- it was running into the kicker- should have been a 5 yard penalty but oh well.

Even after one of their own quotes the NCAA rules book, they still toe the Orange line.

My question is: If taking the legs out from under a punter is not roughing, then what is?

How about this gem?

You have to take into account that Gilbert would not have been close if it wasn't for an OU player pushing him into the kicker. OU's players put the kicker in danger, not ours. It is a judgement call that OSU will not get against OU. Plain and simple.

Adrian
11/30/2010, 07:59 AM
Mike Gundy must have mentioned that five times on his playback show. Sam Mayes mentioned it on his Monday WWLS OSU spot. Evidently, it changed the whole momentum of the game...:rolleyes:

Soonerwake
11/30/2010, 08:16 AM
So, you are surprised that a bunch of whiny losers are complaining about a call?? I am surprised that someone would waste their time on anything called orangepower..

Aries
11/30/2010, 08:27 AM
I don't suppose anybody mentioned the two blocks in the back on their kickoff return for TD?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/30/2010, 08:28 AM
Mike Gundy must have mentioned that five times on his playback show. Sam Mayes mentioned it on his Monday WWLS OSU spot. Evidently, it changed the whole momentum of the game...:rolleyes:

Funny, because I'm pretty sure they had momentum back when they marched down the field to tie the game, and i'm pretty sure they had momentum when they marched down the field to make it a 2 point game, and i'm almost positive they had momentum when they returned that kickoff for a touchdown.

OUChampsBig12
11/30/2010, 08:31 AM
OK, what about the block in the back on the kick off return for a touchdown? That was right there for all to see, hell even Herbstriet called it on TV. Remember once Orange always Orange... One play does not decide the outcome of the game.

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2010, 08:32 AM
losers lose.

Everything else is just scenery.

SoonerNutt
11/30/2010, 09:32 AM
Not a bad call by the refs. Whether he was pushed or not is not really a consideration. Once you leave your feet, it's a risk you take. And it's not like an OU player picked him up and threw him at the punter. He came in out of control and couldn't correct himself, and that is on him.

The Poke fans generally are crucifying the coaches over going after the punt (though Gundy is apparently claiming they didn't call a punt rush). It's one of those things where, if you get it, you are a genius, but if one of your players doesn't do his job and roughs the punter, it's all your fault.

It happens to everybody once in a while. The answer is for your defense to come out and stop somebody.

ouleaf
11/30/2010, 09:34 AM
I don't suppose anybody mentioned the two blocks in the back on their kickoff return for TD?

^This^

zeke
11/30/2010, 09:40 AM

^this again^

SoonerNutt
11/30/2010, 09:41 AM
And one other note.

Fans always have to have that one thing to blame for a loss, and this seems to be the defacto gripe for them this year.

Last year, it was "They should have benched Zac". Now, this will be the narrative. It had nothing to do with giving up 47 points and folding like a cheap tent in the 4th. If the poor pokes had simply not tried to block that punt in the first half, they'd have cruised to an easy victory, obviously. Dumb coaches!

Seemed to me, however many points their D needed to give up to lose that game, they were going to find a way to give up that many points. That's what they need to be worried about.

And yes, they obviously forget about the fact that their big return included two blocks in the back, that they were numerous uncalled holding infractions on their OL, that their vaunted passing attack was facing a team with a backup FS for most of the game, and that Murray was out for the 4th qtr (when they got gashed the worst). Excuses are like...well, you know. Everybodies got em. The winner just doesn't need 'em.

SoonerMom2
11/30/2010, 09:47 AM
Maybe the Big 12 should look at Gundy on his comments about the call that was legit on roughing the punter. Guess Gundy missed the blocks in the back on that touchdown runback of theirs that were obvious.

There were numerous times the refs could have called holding. One time a lineman had our guy pushed down the field 15 yards and kept right on holding onto his jersey.

Gundy is no better than the fans -- guess they expected no calls against them in the game as they were preordained to win the game and OU had no right to come in and win is what they all sound like.

Wouldn't listen to The Sports Animal if you paid me now -- bunch of OSU homers on there. Amazing how you can graduate from OU and push OSU like Bob Berry Jr. and others. Someone told me Mark Rogers was the only one who picked OU to win in Stillwater.

oufan1
11/30/2010, 09:48 AM
So, you are surprised that a bunch of whiny losers are complaining about a call?? I am surprised that someone would waste their time on anything called orangepower..

^^^THIS --- I am surprised at the number of people on here who are still obsessed with osu fans the week after we beat them for the 82 time ever... Let's move on people... we beat them they complain, repeat once a year! its old news!

soonerbrat
11/30/2010, 09:56 AM

it's very entertaining. when I need a good laugh i go there.

RacerX
11/30/2010, 10:21 AM
If only Colt had played.....

RacerX
11/30/2010, 10:22 AM
[hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel][hairGel]

meoveryouxinfinity
11/30/2010, 10:28 AM
can we go troll the Husker boards now?

NMSooner'80
11/30/2010, 10:38 AM
^^^THIS --- I am surprised at the number of people on here who are still obsessed with osu fans the week after we beat them for the 82 time ever... Let's move on people... we beat them they complain, repeat once a year! its old news!

I'm not really obsessed, but I'll admit I'm enjoying their misery a bit more this year. That's partially because they were basically annointed the Big 12 South champs by their fans and the alleged-"pro-Gooner" media in Oklahoma, and it still didn't happen. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/30/2010, 10:41 AM
the only questionable part of the play was whether our guy blocked him into the punter. that was negated by the severity fo the hit. you hit a punter that hard around the legs and you are ALWAYS going to get a roughing call.

its why your taught from peewees on that if you dive, you'd better get the football because you are taking an aweful risk.

picasso
11/30/2010, 10:47 AM
We shouldn't forget the helmet to helmet hit on Hanna just before halftime.

That would have put us on the goal line.

If we're playing that woulda game.

kansascitysooner
11/30/2010, 10:50 AM
Gundy, teach your rushers to not come strait at the kicker. That is why you are taught to layout infront of the kicker and not go directly at him. Coaching, coaching, coaching.

KantoSooner
11/30/2010, 10:55 AM
People, calm down. Of course they're wrong in singling out this play as being all that important, or this call as being wrong. They're wrong. And somebody is always going to cling to such notions following a loss.
The interesting thing here is the number of Poke fans who are piling on. Truly extraordinary that so many would lend their voices to what is obviously delusional.
I think the only sufficient explanation is that they know that this was their once-in-decade-shot and that they now return to their typical, tedious pattern of losing to us for the foreseeable.
Sucks to be them. Really does.

picasso
11/30/2010, 10:56 AM
We're calm. I'm just enjoying the sad tale.:)