PDA

View Full Version : Genghis Grill

sooner59
11/30/2010, 02:09 AM
Coming soon to Moore, OK. I-35 and 19th. Saw it off the interstate and immediately got hungry for a bowl of udon noodles piled high with veggies and every meat imaginable and the hottest sh!t they got to spice it up! :D

:pop: :hot: :hot: :hot:

yermom
11/30/2010, 02:26 AM
i've seen a few of those around, but i haven't tried one yet

sooner59
11/30/2010, 02:29 AM
Its good. You just pick up a bowl and put whatever the hell you want into it, then hit it with whatever spices you want, pick out whatever sauce you want, then tell them the starch (rice, noodles, etc) you want. They take it, cook it for you, bring it to your table and just charge you by the bowl. Oh and they serve alcohol.

Okla-homey
11/30/2010, 06:12 AM
Got one down here in Bixby. Pretty good eatin'

Kinda interesting that its okay to name a restaurant chain after a genocidal warlord, after he's been dead for 800 years. Does this mean we'll see a chain called Hitler's Hofbrauhaus in 2749?

OUthunder
11/30/2010, 07:06 AM
Had one in Bloomington, MN close to the Mall of America. Pretty good eats, I just remember it being extremely busy and thinking that I was creating a new food in a science lab.

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2010, 08:51 AM
I tried it on Saturday night before the Bedlam Game.

Love the concept and the food. Reminds somewhat of Melting Pot.

Except THEY cook your food and it costs a hell of a lot less.

Ike
11/30/2010, 09:28 AM
I see it on the way to work every day...makes me miss BDs Mongorrrian BBQ.

Ike
11/30/2010, 09:32 AM

Kinda interesting that its okay to name a restaurant chain after a genocidal warlord, after he's been dead for 800 years. Does this mean we'll see a chain called Hitler's Hofbrauhaus in 2749?

Yes. Yes it probably does.

In 2749 we may also see a Saddams Atomic BBQ, Mugabe's Zimbabwean Grill, and Stalin's Ruskies and Brewskies.

WichitaSooner
11/30/2010, 10:20 AM

As my boy Eddie Izzard so eloquently said of Hitler:

"And he was a mass-murdering f***head, as many important historians have said. But there were other mass murderers that got away with it! Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, well done there; Pol Pot killed 1.7 million Cambodians, died under house arrest at age 72, well done indeed! And the reason we let them get away with it is because they killed their own people, and we're sort of fine with that. Ah, help yourself, you know? We've been trying to kill you for ages! So kill your own people, right on there. Seems to be. Hitler killed people next door... Oh, stupid man! After a couple of years, we won't stand for that, will we?"

And since all those asians look alike to us, it's kind of like he killed his own people... so it's all good....

waynepayne
11/30/2010, 10:36 AM
Coming soon to Moore, OK. I-35 and 19th. Saw it off the interstate and immediately got hungry for a bowl of udon noodles piled high with veggies and every meat imaginable and the hottest sh!t they got to spice it up! :D

:pop: :hot: :hot: :hot:

saw it on the way home last week and am excited!

The website looks great but I wasnt sure how they priced it out?

The Profit
11/30/2010, 10:59 AM
My wife and I ate at a similar place (Mongolian Grill) in Rapid City, SD this summer. It was outstanding. You shouldn't be shy about how much you put in your bowl because it really cooks down.

Romulus
11/30/2010, 12:29 PM
Over rated clap clap clap clap clap

Okla-homey
11/30/2010, 12:49 PM
As my boy Eddie Izzard so eloquently said of Hitler:

"And he was a mass-murdering f***head, as many important historians have said. But there were other mass murderers that got away with it! Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, well done there; Pol Pot killed 1.7 million Cambodians, died under house arrest at age 72, well done indeed! And the reason we let them get away with it is because they killed their own people, and we're sort of fine with that. Ah, help yourself, you know? We've been trying to kill you for ages! So kill your own people, right on there. Seems to be. Hitler killed people next door... Oh, stupid man! After a couple of years, we won't stand for that, will we?"

And since all those asians look alike to us, it's kind of like he killed his own people... so it's all good....

Funny guy indeed. On the radio. But his cross-dressing stuff is hard to watch.

TopDawg
11/30/2010, 01:49 PM
and just charge you by the bowl.

Isn't there an all-you-can-eat option, too?

When does the one in Moore open up?

SoonerLVZ
11/30/2010, 01:57 PM
There is an all you eat can option. I've never done it because I'm full after the first bowl.

Genghis is ok, cool idea, not very expensive and if you don't like what you had, it's your own fault because you're the one that created it.

The Profit
11/30/2010, 02:33 PM
We definitely liked it,but I wish I knew more about the different sauces. I just guessed.

GrapevineSooner
11/30/2010, 02:42 PM
We definitely liked it,but I wish I knew more about the different sauces. I just guessed.

The one down here in Hurst by Northeast Mall has tasting spoons so you can sample them.

I just went with what I know. Sweet and Sour. :D

sooner59
11/30/2010, 05:01 PM
I go with the Dragon Spice (and any other hot spices) and Dragon Sauce. But I like spicy. Gotta throw in pork, steak, chicken, shrimp, calamari, scallops, mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, jalapenos, GG peppers, green onions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, maybe snap peas and baby corn. End with udon noodes. So good.

And like previously stated, pile your bowl so high that you can barely keep stuff from falling off. It cooks down. And as best as I can remember it was under $10. Not sure when it opens.

soonerchk
11/30/2010, 05:13 PM
That is one of my happy places.

OhU1
11/30/2010, 06:06 PM
I go with the Dragon Spice (and any other hot spices) and Dragon Sauce. But I like spicy. Gotta throw in pork, steak, chicken, shrimp, calamari, scallops, mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts, cilantro, jalapenos, GG peppers, green onions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, maybe snap peas and baby corn. End with udon noodes. So good.

And like previously stated, pile your bowl so high that you can barely keep stuff from falling off. It cooks down. And as best as I can remember it was under $10. Not sure when it opens.

I have copied your post into an e-mail to myself for future reference when this place opens. I love spicy Asian food and this sounds great. :hot:

brian
11/30/2010, 08:25 PM
Over rated clap clap clap clap clap

agreed

sooner59
12/16/2010, 11:56 PM
Bump. Its open.

If ya don't like it, don't go. :cool:

soonerinabilene
12/17/2010, 09:32 AM
just read yesterday that we are getting one here in january. never had heard about it before, but it sounds good.

SpankyNek
12/17/2010, 09:52 AM
Was told by our waiter about this technique:

Put all of your meat in the bowl and then arrange snap peas around the edge, using them to build up the wall about another inch, this will allow you to pile in more veggies (Which is the stuff that creates volume problems whilst raw, esp bean sprouts and Bok Choy...two of my faves).

I have yet to use this method, as it was very busy in the line that night, and I felt that taking time to create it would have been impolite to those behind me.

I am sure that the waiter told me about this because I am fat.

sooner59
12/17/2010, 12:24 PM
I may try that.

delhalew
12/17/2010, 12:51 PM
This reminded me of something, so humor me.
Does the campus cafeteria still have all the meat and veggies laid out next to woks?
I used to love being able to build my own stir-fry. I would bring in a pack of pizza hut red pepper flakes to make it burn:D

yermom
12/17/2010, 12:52 PM
i think they still do that, yeah

that place is light years better now than it was when i lived in the dorms ('94)

sooner59
12/17/2010, 12:54 PM
I used to love the make-your-own stir fry at the caffy. Not long after I left, they stopped letting you make your own. Maybe someone got burned or something. I'm not even sure if its still in there. I haven't been in there in forever. Surely there is a young'n that can tell us whats in the caffy nowadays.

delhalew
12/17/2010, 12:59 PM
i think they still do that, yeah

that place is light years better now than it was when i lived in the dorms ('94)

Same year i lived there. Walker Tower...mofos!

yermom
12/17/2010, 01:04 PM
i was one of the slackers that applied for housing late and ended up in newly, not really ready to be, opened Couch

we had a lot of fun, but sure didn't get much work done over there

delhalew
12/17/2010, 02:01 PM
I used to love the make-your-own stir fry at the caffy. Not long after I left, they stopped letting you make your own. Maybe someone got burned or something. I'm not even sure if its still in there. I haven't been in there in forever. Surely there is a young'n that can tell us whats in the caffy nowadays.

I always knew some yayhoo would get burned, and that would be the end.

delhalew
12/17/2010, 02:07 PM
i was one of the slackers that applied for housing late and ended up in newly, not really ready to be, opened Couch

we had a lot of fun, but sure didn't get much work done over there

My roommate and I discovered right away that only one us would survive. So he went somewhere else. Somehow, he was never replaced and I had my own room for two semesters. Debauchery ensued. Dood next-door was badassed. So we rented a place after that.

The crazy **** that went on in those dorms...surpassed my expectations.

sooner59
12/17/2010, 02:26 PM
I was in the Tarman tower in Adams. Fun times with the dudes on my floor. Although almost all of my best friends lived on Walker 6, so I was there most of the time. Some crazy stuff went down in those dorms.

I remember the first week I went over to walker and some hot blonde pi phi chick challenged me to a drinking contest with a liter of vodka. She went shot for shot with me until the bottle was nearly empty and she quit. So I was thinking I was badass....until she was all "Well I could finish it, but I have to drive, so I don't want to get too drunk." I was stunned because she didn't even seem drunk. That was my welcome to college moment.

delhalew
12/17/2010, 02:41 PM
I was in the Tarman tower in Adams. Fun times with the dudes on my floor. Although almost all of my best friends lived on Walker 6, so I was there most of the time. Some crazy stuff went down in those dorms.

I remember the first week I went over to walker and some hot blonde pi phi chick challenged me to a drinking contest with a liter of vodka. She went shot for shot with me until the bottle was nearly empty and she quit. So I was thinking I was badass....until she was all "Well I could finish it, but I have to drive, so I don't want to get too drunk." I was stunned because she didn't even seem drunk. That was my welcome to college moment.

lol. College. Were even the girls drink like sailors.

StoopTroup
12/17/2010, 03:22 PM
Like Pei Wei they are OK but my kids like "FIRE!"....so they always like me to take them to places like this....

http://thedish.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/02/grill1.jpg