PDA

View Full Version : Want to know how good Murray has been this year

Collier11
11/30/2010, 12:20 AM
In 04, AD had 343 touches (26.4/game), 1,937 all-purpose yds, 15 TD.

D.Murray in '10: 314 (26.2), 1,837 yds, 19 TD

picasso
11/30/2010, 12:32 AM
He's a stud and does so much more than just look down and run into the pile as some morons on here suggest.

Collier11
11/30/2010, 12:33 AM
He is really good and versatile...sometimes when you are really good at a bunch of things but not necessarily eye poppingly great at anything people dont give you enough credit

soonercastor
11/30/2010, 12:34 AM
Dude is insane, on Saturday he showed how smart and mature he is; always extending for that extra yard and knowing where the sticks are. We will miss him next year BIG TIME.

pappy
11/30/2010, 12:38 AM
He is definitely one of the greats that's for sure.

SoonerMarkVA
11/30/2010, 12:43 AM
Imagine if he hadn't been injury prone, how gaudy his numbers would be. Heck, they're gaudy now! Then again, he likely would have gone pro after last year if he hadn't had injuries.

Murray is a stud. I really hope injuries don't override his opportunities at the next level.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2010, 12:45 AM
Imagine if he hadn't been injury prone, how gaudy his numbers would be. Heck, they're gaudy now! Then again, he likely would have gone pro after last year if he hadn't had injuries.

Murray is a stud. I really hope injuries don't override his opportunities at the next level.Absolutely. Well said!

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 12:59 AM
I will miss DM!!!!!

OK2U
11/30/2010, 02:12 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=12

sooner59
11/30/2010, 02:25 AM
Imagine if AD could have been used as a pass catcher like DM. AD isn't a natural receiving back like DM, but he has shown flashes with the Vikes, then goes back to dropping passes. If he can put it together, he will be unstoppable. Murray is a solid all around back that will be a great resource to whatever team he goes to in the NFL.

olevetonahill
11/30/2010, 02:38 AM
So Yall sayin we SHOULDNT bench DM and go with Finch full time ?:confused:

yermom
11/30/2010, 02:49 AM
He's a stud and does so much more than just look down and run into the pile as some morons on here suggest.

he still needs a hole to run... that's more of an indictment on playcalling or blocking

see my prediction on the first place of the Texas game :D

i still can't believe he didn't dive over the line on at least one of those goal line stands in Collie Station

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 03:11 AM
Like I posted earlier, DM gained 11 first downs Saturday night.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2010, 10:54 AM
He is really good and versatile...sometimes when you are really good at a bunch of things but not necessarily eye poppingly great at anything people dont give you enough credit

I think DM *is* eye poppingly great at catching out of the backfield. One would think that any back would be good given the ball with some space like that, but they're not. So many backs cannot run good routes or cannot catch the ball unless it is thrown perfectly. And many backs don't know what to do in the open - they are used to navigating behind blocks at the line. They get tackled by the first DB that attacks them and swipes their legs. DM lights up in the open field and sees all the defenders and all the angles and plots his route. I think it's a thing of beauty and I'm betting an NFL team will too. And he's not a bad runner either :)

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 10:56 AM
In 04, AD had 343 touches (26.4/game), 1,937 all-purpose yds, 15 TD.

D.Murray in '10: 314 (26.2), 1,837 yds, 19 TD

Great post, and I would bet that AD had more fumbles than DM. No disrespect, just more cudos to DM who I think might be my all-time favorite OU back. Started with that 65 yd run v UTerus as a Freshman.

My other favorites in no particular order...
AD
Gaddis
DeMond

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 10:58 AM
he still needs a hole to run... that's more of an indictment on playcalling or blocking

see my prediction on the first place of the Texas game :D

i still can't believe he didn't dive over the line on at least one of those goal line stands in Collie Station

EGGSACKLY!! I was hoping for that call as well. UUUUGGGGHHHH!

joejon_gresham
11/30/2010, 11:03 AM
"and I would bet that AD had more fumbles than DM."
I don't remember AD EVER fumbling... Maybe one time against texas.

Sooners78
11/30/2010, 11:05 AM
Great post, and I would bet that AD had more fumbles than DM. No disrespect, just more cudos to DM who I think might be my all-time favorite OU back. Started with that 65 yd run v UTerus as a Freshman.

Have to agree with this. For the team, DM has been more valuable with all that he does.

My Opinion Matters
11/30/2010, 11:23 AM
They're not even remotely the same type of player. Not necessarily a knock on Demarco, but it's like comparing Michael Vick and Kyle Orton.

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 11:29 AM

Way more than once v UTerus. I have the tapes. I did say not a dis on AD but more of a credit to DM.

They both have played behind weak lines at times at OU and been called on to carry a lot of physical load with straight ahead A/B handoffs. DM was obviously more deadly catching the ball.

yermom
11/30/2010, 02:28 PM

he fumbled a LOT out of bounds early on it seemed, it took a while before he actually lost one

the worst "fumble" was an incomplete backwards pass he didn't chase down vs. Texas :(

Sooner Cal
12/1/2010, 10:04 AM
Pruitt, Wasington, Sims, Peacock, Overstreet, and King ( the 70's backs) are pretty good candidates for favorite back.