PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska's offense vs the big boys defenses

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2010, 12:09 AM
The best 3 defenses Nebraska will face this year (before their bowl) is Texas A&M, Texas, and Oklahoma.

In 8 quarters vs UT and A&M, the Nebraska offense scored 12 total points. 4 field goals.

That's 1.5 points per quarter.

Now, I don't think Nebraska's as bad as those numbers show, and if we get the A&M/Neb ref crew...Neb may not even be able to be present at mid-field for the coin toss. I hope that's not the case and the game is called straight up.

Should be a great, blood and guts game and the team that gets to 20, wins.

Dan Thompson
11/30/2010, 12:14 AM
If Jones gets going, there is no telling how high the score will be.

soonercastor
11/30/2010, 12:30 AM
Honestly I was more scared about the two previous games than this one.

jiminy
11/30/2010, 12:50 AM
Didn't they hold us to 3 last year? Just sayin...

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 12:52 AM
hopefully landry doesn't throw 5 oskies!!!

AzianSooner
11/30/2010, 12:53 AM
Didn't they hold us to 3 last year? Just sayin...

Suh is gone.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2010, 12:57 AM
Didn't they hold us to 3 last year? Just sayin...1) we were having those "away games" problems last yr as well, and2) Ndamokan Suh

However, I do think nebs is maybe the best team we have faced this yr, if they are full strength and at their best.(remember, they went brain-dead against the cows, and dropped 8 passes, including 3 for TD's. They still only lost by 7 points, I think)

Collier11
11/30/2010, 12:57 AM
we moved the ball against them last year, Landry just had a melt down

Octavian
11/30/2010, 01:36 AM
Stuff the run...force them into 3rds and 6 or more and make them throw. Easier said than done...but that's how to beat 'em.

But maybe the most important thing is not giving up cheap points. Against Mizzou, A&M, and OSU....we gave up four non-offensive TDs.

LJ has been great at times throughout the year. He's made massive progress this year. But against Nebraska, he'll have to eliminate the INT's that have periodically hurt us. Again, not an earth shattering revelation...but he's gotta do it.

And for the love of everything....cover all the kickoffs. No cheap points.

Do those things and this group could give OU an all-timer of a classic victory. Beating Nebraska for the last time...on their way out the door....and getting another trophy for the case in the last B12 title game....it'd be pretty sweet.

Okie35
11/30/2010, 01:41 AM
we moved the ball against them last year, Landry just had a melt down

and we missed 3 FGs too. As bad as LJ played only lost by 7. All their yards came from Helu. We just need to really stop the run and we'll be good.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2010, 01:48 AM
NU presents the best pass defense we will face so far and we don't beat anyone by featuring the run. Yards and point will be earned by both sides. Playing in Jerryworld should favor us as the full playbook will be open (no weather limitations).

boomersooner28
11/30/2010, 09:55 AM
We have bad karma in this stadium....just sayin. :(

dwarthog
11/30/2010, 10:15 AM

Shhhhhhhhhh..........

meoveryouxinfinity
11/30/2010, 10:17 AM
1) we were having those "away games" problems last yr as well, and2) Ndamokan Suh

However, I do think nebs is maybe the best team we have faced this yr, if they are full strength and at their best.(remember, they went brain-dead against the cows, and dropped 8 passes, including 3 for TD's. They still only lost by 7 points, I think)

Yeah, but welcome to our entire 2009 season. They still should have won, AT HOME. How many points did that abysmal Texas offense put on Nebraska?

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2010, 10:30 AM

I don't believe in karma as much as I believe in a stiff north wind that we could get at Arrowhead.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/30/2010, 10:30 AM

How many times have we played there?!? Once???

meoveryouxinfinity
11/30/2010, 10:32 AM
How many times have we played there?!? Once???

We've lost there as many times as we have in stillwater in the last decade..
:gary: :gary: :gary:

Mad Dog Madsen
11/30/2010, 10:35 AM

The Dallas Cowboys have bad karma in that stadium too... :D

StoopTroup
11/30/2010, 10:38 AM
We haven't really beat a good Team on the road yet.

;)

Sooners78
11/30/2010, 10:44 AM
Honestly I was more scared about the two previous games than this one.

This. I know anything can happen, but this sure feels like the 2008 Big 12 Championship against Mizzou. We won't score 62, but Nebraska will have trouble handling all of OUr offensive weapons. And, Landry has something to prove in this game. OUr d will stifle their one-dimensional offense.

boomersooner28
11/30/2010, 10:45 AM
I don't believe in karma as much as I believe in a stiff north wind that we could get at Arrowhead.

Coldest game by far I've ever been to. The last time we played Nebbish in Big 12 Championship. Buurrrrr

thecornrules
11/30/2010, 11:16 AM
Too bad OU isn't even among the top 3 in defense. Your run defense and defense overall is the worst I've seen at OU. OU players and coaches should all be embarrassed. And you will be embarrassed saturday night in front of a HUGE LIVE audience at the greatest NFL stadium!!

OU doesn't have the mental or physical toughnessto hang with what is about to hit them for 2 qtrs much less 4. Burkhead = Superman, You can't stop him with one guy and you can't break him. unbeatable, unbreakable. martinez if healthy will also school you on ground and through air.

Meanwhile I'll sit back and watch and enjoy your turnover machine called Landry Jones throw picks and fumble all game long. Your OL can't handle the pressure and blitz packages you're about to face.

OU = SOFTEST OU Team ever

TahoeSOONER
11/30/2010, 11:24 AM

We god bad karma in the next stadium if we win this one also.

Point is, we got some demons to put away.

TahoeSOONER
11/30/2010, 11:26 AM
Too bad OU isn't even among the top 3 in defense. Your run defense and defense overall is the worst I've seen at OU. OU players and coaches should all be embarrassed. And you will be embarrassed saturday night in front of a HUGE LIVE audience at the greatest NFL stadium!!

OU doesn't have the mental or physical toughnessto hang with what is about to hit them for 2 qtrs much less 4. Burkhead = Superman, You can't stop him with one guy and you can't break him. unbeatable, unbreakable. martinez if healthy will also school you on ground and through air.

Meanwhile I'll sit back and watch and enjoy your turnover machine called Landry Jones throw picks and fumble all game long. Your OL can't handle the pressure and blitz packages you're about to face.

You'll be shocked about how physical this OU team can be. If the middle of our defense shows up then you bugeaters will be in for a long night.

dwarthog
11/30/2010, 11:37 AM

Oh snap...

And I foolishly thought we had a chance to win.

With all of those large S's on everyone chests up there, it must look like a Superman convention.:D

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2010, 11:47 AM

You are the 5 in the 5-7 longhorns.

In the last 10 games vs OU and UT, Nebraska has won once.

Out of the goodness of our hearts, we invited you to the Annual Sooner Invitational Big XII Championship game.

Show a little respect.

...and don't take this send-off a** whooping personally.

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 11:47 AM
If Jones gets going, there is no telling how high the score will be.

Man, I am getting so fired up! Its only Tuesday!

Collier11
11/30/2010, 01:50 PM

actually 08 was far worse, actually we are the #1 Def in conf games, our starting D has allowed something like 38 pts the last 4 games, and on and on

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2010, 03:26 PM
You are the 5 in the 5-7 longhorns.

In the last 10 games vs OU and UT, Nebraska has won once.

Out of the goodness of our hearts, we invited you to the Annual Sooner Invitational Big XII Championship game.

Show a little respect.

...and don't take this send-off a** whooping personally.Was he? trying to pi*s us off, or make us laugh?

budbarrybob
11/30/2010, 04:00 PM

Bartender, I'd like 3 of what he's having...
:pop:

Okie35
11/30/2010, 04:03 PM

Your SOS is 44 pretty laughable meanwhile ours is 12. Its hilarious and your defense is not too much better than us statistically besides passing defense but your QBs can't throw. So basically its a win/win.

Sooner_Tuf
11/30/2010, 04:05 PM

Well we are no Iowa State, I'll give you that :rolleyes:

This same team and staff put thirty five first quarter points on the Huskers w/ Suh and Helu not so long ago. Should be a good game. I think the Sooners will be able to compete.

It has been about a decade since the Huskers have been relevant in college football. Your fan base seems to be confusing embarrassing displays of dooshbaggery by your staff on TV with winning games of importance.

Hook Em Huskers! Texas may have only won five games this year but one of them was in Lincoln. Iowa State may have gotten blown out 52-0 in Norman but it seems to me they took the Huskers to overtime? Is that true? Maybe it was a flashback to when they won last year.

They Huskers may some potential but to come out and say they are the class of the Big XII is ridiculous. Be more accurate to say they are the class minus the "cl".

In about 15 years after getting beat consistently by some other teams you can run away from the Big 10. If you think you had a bad deal financially in the Big XII wait to see what scraps you get in the Big 10. You are going to get less than half what the other teams get at first and then it is a "we'll see". Heck even Baylor has more stick with it than Nebraska. Can't believe it but it has unfolded right before our very eyes.